PDA

View Full Version : South Lake Carrol Home Games

blowfish
11-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I was told by an Abilene High Fan that SLC plays their home games at Texas Stadium. That didnt sound right to me. I have been to Dragon Stadium and it is a nice facility. Anyone have any info over the past few years?

Adidas410s
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
They don't play home games at Texas Stadium. Texas Stadium is their "home field" during the playoffs because they play so many games there. Glad to see my hometown is using common sense again when making comments about things they have no idea about. :rolleyes:

lakers
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
They don't play home games at Texas Stadium. Texas Stadium is their "home field" during the playoffs because they play so many games there. Glad to see my hometown is using common sense again when making comments about things they have no idea about. :rolleyes:

haha, yeah it is a figure of speech.

jason
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
They don't play home games at Texas Stadium. Texas Stadium is their "home field" during the playoffs because they play so many games there. Glad to see my hometown is using common sense again when making comments about things they have no idea about. :rolleyes: they cant spell southlake either....;) ;)

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I heard Jerry Jones is building the new stadium just so Carroll has a suitbale place to play! :D

3afan
11-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by jason
they cant spell southlake either....;) ;)

or CarrolL

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I heard Jerry Jones is building the new stadium just so Carroll has a suitbale place to play! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I heard Jerry Jones is building the new stadium just so Carroll has a suitbale place to play! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I heard Jerry Jones is building the new stadium just so Carroll has a suitbale place to play! :D ROFL!

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ROFL!

Jerry figured it would be a nice way to repay Carroll for all the times the Cowboys used Carroll's indoor facilities.

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Jerry figured it would be a nice way to repay Carroll for all the times the Cowboys used Carroll's indoor facilities.

I just can't even believe that happened!!

Stownhorse
11-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I was told by an Abilene High Fan that SLC plays their home games at Texas Stadium. That didnt sound right to me. I have been to Dragon Stadium and it is a nice facility. Anyone have any info over the past few years?

Not their home field but its their home away from home.

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I just can't even believe that happened!!

Maybe I just made that up! :thinking:

lakers
11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
If ya'll wanna read an interesting article about how Abilene and Southlake compare, Check this out....

CLICK HERE (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2007/nov/28/how-southlake-abilene-compare/)

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Maybe I just made that up! :thinking:

You didn't. They talked about it on TV. :nerd:

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 03:45 PM
You didn't. They talked about it on TV. :nerd:

They really said Jerry built the stadium to repay Carroll? :eek:

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 03:51 PM
They really said Jerry built the stadium to repay Carroll? :eek: No silly, not that part. Just that the Cowboys had to use a HS team's INDOOR facilities!! :eek:

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
No silly, not that part. Just that the Cowboys had to use a HS team's INDOOR facilities!! :eek:

Well, I knew I wasn't making that part up!

When it comes to facilities Jerry has been a little behind lately!

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, I knew I wasn't making that part up!

When it comes to facilities Jerry has been a little behind lately!

I can never tell you with. You being slow & all. :p

True.

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by lakers
If ya'll wanna read an interesting article about how Abilene and Southlake compare, Check this out....

CLICK HERE (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2007/nov/28/how-southlake-abilene-compare/)

I would venture a guess that Southlake is almost an exact opposite of Miami NW, but how did that work out? Education and affluance don't always make for a better team, but we all knew that anyway. Unsure, ask WOS.

The reporter wants to make all their success just a function of money. Ain't true.

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I would venture a guess that Southlake is almost an exact opposite of Miami NW, but how did that work out? Education and affluance don't always make for a better team, but we all knew that anyway. Unsure, ask WOS.

The reporter wants to make all their success just a function of money. Ain't true.

I have NEVER understood the need for these type of articles. :confused: Who cares what the average cost for a home is in SLC vs. Abilene!!! :rolleyes: Stupidity.

I wanna say there was an article very similiar to this when Sinton played Wylie in Baseball and when Cuero played them a few years ago. :confused:

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I have NEVER understood the need for these type of articles. :confused: Who cares what the average cost for a home is in SLC vs. Abilene!!! :rolleyes: Stupidity.

I wanna say there was an article very similiar to this when Sinton played Wylie in Baseball and when Cuero played them a few years ago. :confused:

I dunno P4S, but I'll guess the homeowners in SLC care about values!!!:D :D :D

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I dunno P4S, but I'll guess the homeowners in SLC care about values!!!:D :D :D :eek: :eek: What kind of values?? :D

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
:eek: :eek: What kind of values?? :D

That's a really good question!

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:22 PM

It was just a comparison, relax dude. I didnt get that out of it, it just shows how the 2 towns have compltely different backgrounds even though they are some of the best in the state.

kepdawg
11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I admire Carroll! :D

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
It was just a comparison, relax dude. I didnt get that out of it, it just shows how the 2 towns have compltely different backgrounds even though they are some of the best in the state.

I don't need to relax, and I'm not a "dude". This was meant to be humorous and never intended as an attack on you or anyone else.

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't need to relax, and I'm not a "dude". This was meant to be humorous and never intended as an attack on you or anyone else.

Ok, my bad mam.

Texasfootball2
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I love it when people use the words Affluent and Abilene Wylie in the same sentence. If they do their research they would find out to their surprise that Abilene Wylie is a robin hood school who "recieves"$$$$$ money under the robin hood plan. Are their some affluent people in the Wylie school district, Absolutely, but the percentage is not as high as you would think. There are a lot more middle class people in the district than there are affluent one.

I know some of you are going to find this shocking, but have fun with it anyway, but what I said is 100 % true:D

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Ok, my bad mam.

No mam, just a man. No offense.:)

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I love it when people use the words Affluent and Abilene Wylie in the same sentence. If they do their research they would find out to their surprise that Abilene Wylie is a robin hood school who "recieves"$$$$$ money under the robin hood plan. Are their some affluent people in the Wylie school district, Absolutely, but the percentage is not as high as you would think. There are a lot more middle class people in the district than there are affluent one.

I know some of you are going to find this shocking, but have fun with it anyway, but what I said is 100 % true:D

I agree with you. All AW has is housing, hardly any businesses at all.

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
No mam, just a man. No offense.:)

Geez make up ur mind. haha.

You are not a dude and you are not a mam. Now dont tell me you are both. That would really freak me out. I guess we could call you "it". haha jk jk

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Geez make up ur mind. haha.

You are not a dude and you are not a mam. Now dont tell me you are both. That would really freak me out. I guess we could call you "it". haha jk jk

I would say both answers are indeed accurate. I'm far too old to be "dude" and certainly am a man. LOL

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I would say both answers are indeed accurate. I'm far too old to be "dude" and certainly am a man. LOL

Well I am glad to hear that, you scared me for a minute.

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I visited Southlake in the early fall and went to their new upscale "downtown" area. Forget what they call it, but I was struck by the fact that one of the storefront businesses is a plastic surgeon. Office is located right across the street from the city offices, so I wonder if people "change" when they become residents? :devil:

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I would say both answers are indeed accurate. I'm far too old to be "dude" and certainly am a man. LOL You are never too old to be a "Dude"

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2088/2881/320/Image92.0.jpg

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
You are never too old to be a "Dude"

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2088/2881/320/Image92.0.jpg

How about "dudette"?

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:51 PM
How about "dudette"?

LOL I call everybody "Dude" - bad habit for my generation I guess

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
How about "dudette"?

FYI, Nobody is a "dudette".
Everybody is a dude now-a-days.

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
FYI, Nobody is a "dudette".
Everybody is a dude now-a-days.
I stand (sit?) corrected. I don't even text, so forgive me.

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Here is what dude is today. Check it out.

Right Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUPvFAjpsVE&feature=related)

lakers
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM
I stand (sit?) corrected. I don't even text, so forgive me.

U dont text. Even my grandma text's

ronwx5x
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
U dont text. Even my grandma text's
Maybe I'm just slow. I'm so cheap i rarely give out my cell phone number for fear some one might call me enough to go over my minutes limit. Texting just costs extra! :) :) :)

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Here is what dude is today. Check it out.

Right Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUPvFAjpsVE&feature=related)

:clap: Dude! :D

lakers
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
:clap: Dude! :D

DUUUUUDE, I love that commercial. They definitely got it right. I use it in a lot of those contexts all the time.

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 05:08 PM
DUUUUUDE, I love that commercial. They definitely got it right. I use it in a lot of those contexts all the time. Me too. My favorite phrase that comes after duuuuuuuude is not board appropriate! :eek: :eek: :devil:

lakers
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Me too. My favorite phrase that comes after duuuuuuuude is not board appropriate! :eek: :eek: :devil:

hahahaha ;)