PDA

View Full Version : Is this discussion to early to have?

TheDOCTORdre
11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Assuming that the Patriots were to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl this year would they be able to dethrone the 1985 Bears as the greastest team of all time in NFL history? Now remember it is only my opinion that the 85 Bears are the greatest team ever.

gobbler grad
11-28-2007, 10:13 PM
don't think this will happen...:thinking:

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Assuming that the Patriots were to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl this year would they be able to dethrone the 1985 Bears as the greastest team of all time in NFL history? Now remember it is only my opinion that the 85 Bears are the greatest team ever.

In my opinion, the Patriots still deserve an asterisk after the 'Spygate' incident. If they end up going 16-0* they still wouldn't deserve to be in the same discussion with the '72 Dolphins.

The 1985 Bears had probably the best defense of all time, but there are quite a few teams I'd still call 'better' than them overall.

TheDOCTORdre
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
don't think this will happen...:thinking:

let me clarify I dont want the Pats to win the Super Bowl I am rooting for my 'Boys as always. But I have always been intrigued by perfection and have longed to see a perfect season

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
let me clarify I dont want the Pats to win the Super Bowl I am rooting for my 'Boys as always. But I have always been intrigued by perfection and have longed to see a perfect season

I think the Steelers will beat them.

-2 because you're a Cowgirls fan.

gobbler grad
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
i hope anybody beats them...:thinking:

TheDOCTORdre
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I think the Steelers will beat them.

-2 because you're a Cowgirls fan.

I too thought Pittsburgh could beat NE and have said so on this very board, but after a OT loss to the Jets and a 3-0 victory over the Dolphins, Im not soo sure.

as far as the cowgirls comment goes, dont be a hater

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 10:24 PM
I too thought Pittsburgh could beat NE and have said so on this very board, but after a OT loss to the Jets and a 3-0 victory over the Dolphins, Im not soo sure.

as far as the cowgirls comment goes, dont be a hater

What I like about the Steelers so much is the fact that they're the most physical team in the league. They might not put 42 on you, but they can grind it out with anyone. Those nasty Monday night conditions would have been tough on any team, but they found a way to win.

I have no explanation for the Jets' loss. That was truly pathetic.

TheDOCTORdre
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
i hope anybody beats them...:thinking:

I would have thought like this in previous years. its wierd cuz in the past I have hated the Pats and would never even take the time to watch their games or even think about rooting for them. I have even posted my thoughts on the Pats on this board stating why I dont consider them a dynasty. However this years NE team strikes me differently than their past 3 championship teams, and I like them its like they seem to have an edge to them that the previous teams lacked and i like it

Emerson1
11-28-2007, 10:32 PM
I want the pats go 15-2 losing their last game of the year with the starters in and then losing in the first rounds. Do it mavericks style

JR2004
11-28-2007, 10:32 PM
The 1985 Bears played in the first Super Bowl I remember watching as a kid. I was six at the time, but my gosh they made an impact on me.

This Patriots team is not in that class no matter what they do the rest of the season. The 85 Bears are still to me the greatest team I've ever watched.

PHS Wildcats
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I thought that My steelers had a chance, but our O-line has given up 16 sacks in the last 3 games.

I don't see it happening. I'm just hoping we don't get blowed out!