PDA

View Full Version : When and Where?

DUKE22
11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Was the first ever 3a downlow meet and greet. Ranger Mom did you and Matt and Pirate just happened to run into each other. Excatly when did this go from a simple football site to a wonderful little football cult.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Was the first ever 3a downlow meet and greet. Ranger Mom did you and Matt and Pirate just happened to run into each other. Excatly when did this go from a simple football site to a wonderful little football cult.

Well..the first organized M&G was a tailgate party at Texas Stadium in 2003 when Burnet and Gainesville played.

We cooked in the parking lot and then the majority of us sat together (and just about froze).

I actually met Pirate4state the first time the next summer at Stanton Trade Days!!

I didn't even meet Matthew until last year in Sweetwater after the Greenwood/Graham playoff game...he was in Sweetwater at the Littlefield/and somebody else game!

We also had a weekend M&G at Inks lake one summer....we had a great time!

Jason came up with the T-Shirt idea, which did REALLY well that first year. I don't think it was until then that people started meeting at halftime!

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
and I just met Matthew this year in Sweetwater of all places! :o

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

LOL!!! That's right!!!:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Some of us met before then with a "PigOut"...

Gobbla2001
11-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Is that the name of the club he strips at?

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
I met Marlin Fan my freshmen year I believe or maybe sophomore.

DUKE22
11-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well..the first organized M&G was a tailgate party at Texas Stadium in 2003 when Burnet and Gainesville played.

We cooked in the parking lot and then the majority of us sat together (and just about froze).

I actually met Pirate4state the first time the next summer at Stanton Trade Days!!

I didn't even meet Matthew until last year in Sweetwater after the Greenwood/Graham playoff game...he was in Sweetwater at the Littlefield/and somebody else game!

We also had a weekend M&G at Inks lake one summer....we had a great time!

Jason came up with the T-Shirt idea, which did REALLY well that first year. I don't think it was until then that people started meeting at halftime! Yeah thats what i figured, cause Blackie and STR are going around saying they had the first one.

Ranger Mom
11-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Yeah thats what i figured, cause Blackie and STR are going around saying they had the first one.

ROFL!! Blackie has never even showed at a M&G, don't know what he is talking about.

STR's first M&G ( and last, I believe ) was in Greenwood.....one that I arranged!!:hand: