PDA

View Full Version : Statement about WO-S fans

Gasilla
02-07-2004, 02:43 AM
I just want to clear the air about this right now before any of my other WO-S friends show up here. First of all, you will not see most WO-S fans ranking the Stangs at the top of these polls going around. These people are folks from neighboring schools who have respect for our program (which is greatly appreciated). One thing we WILL NOT do is take 3A for granted. We know all to well how others who have dropped have fared and we will not forget. I remember when Jasper dropped a couple of years ago. They were fresh off a trip to the regional finals in 4A and had kicked our butts that same year. I remember thinking that they were going to go all the way with most of their team coming back, then, ran into a stone wall in the semi-finals. I also remember when Everman went from 4A to 3A the year after they went to the state semi-final and had most of that team returning. I thought, for sure, they would win it all and didn't even come close. No, we know we are in for many battles, and quite frankly, I would rather us not be the "team to beat", because everyone is up for you.

You must understand, however, that we have been the little guy on the block for a very, very long time. Competing in a district where most of the teams are almost twice our size. Now, we are finally the "big boys" and it's kind of exciting. Anyway, we are just happy to be here and excited about being able to be on the 3A board.

j_dog
02-07-2004, 04:41 PM
And Jasper fans are happy for you to be here. It takes some of the heat off the J Dogs! :D

JasperDog94
02-07-2004, 05:17 PM
That's exactly how Jasper felt for years. Always the little guy on the block. I does feel nice to be the big guy for awhile.

Old No. 7
02-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Poor ole Kirbyville, we will never be a big guy on the block. Maybe K-ville and Newton will merge one day.....we would still be small wouldn't we. :confused: ...... I guess were just going to have to play like we're big. :D

callandraise
02-07-2004, 06:32 PM
After spending about 30 years as one of the smallest 3a teams in the state Ballinger finally droped to 2A this year an guess what,we will be the 4th largest school in our 6 team district. It dosen't look like we will ever get to be the big boys on the block.We would have been better off if they had left the cutoff at 345,we still would have gone 2A and Bangs and JIm Ned would have gone from 2A to 3A.Oh well thats life.