PDA

View Full Version : What fans are the cockiest?

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Poll

Gobbla2001
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
I voted "other"... we all know that South Carolina's fans are the Cockiest :D

DrBob
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Poll

Not enough choices

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by DrBob
Not enough choices That is why there is "other"

zebrablue2
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I vote other:::: this poll is gonna stir things up::: PLEASE let it be in a joking manner.

DrBob
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
That is why there is "other"

Other is too many to list

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by DrBob
Other is too many to list List away....we have all night :)

TexanAlum_06
11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Its pretty close. but with the recent addition of Super R to the LH fan base on this board that makes them numero UNO! lol:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Easily Sweetwater/Snyder, more Sweetwater but at least we have some reason to be cocky. I'd rather be a has been than a never was. :-)

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Easily Sweetwater/Snyder, more Sweetwater but at least we have some reason to be cocky. I'd rather be a has been than a never was. :-) harsh!

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
This one's not even close!

We all know it's Anthony!

DUKE22
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Easily Sweetwater/Snyder, more Sweetwater but at least we have some reason to be cocky. I'd rather be a has been than a never was. :-) I think some of the snyder posters have gotten a little crazy about the last five years. Yeah I believe we have held our own with the likes of Sweetwater and Wylie during that time, and seeing our results in the 70's, 80's, and 90's it is I guess I can understand a little. It is hard to compete with over 600 wins but hey were workin on it. Most of us Snyder posters are proud and happy but yeah a few have a been just a bit cocky LOL.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Liberty Hill hands down....followed closely by a suddenly silent Giddings fandom. Oh and Snyder, but nobody takes them seriously.

lostaussie
11-28-2007, 08:03 PM
i think Celina's fans are the cockiest................but i very much admire their fans, because they absolutely believe in their team..............and you know what they say..................it ain't braggin if you can back it up!!!!!!!

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
cocky is one thing....had the poll been who is the most arrogant..then Snyder wins in a Landslide, Followed closely by LH:)

But then LH can back it up,. as in proof is in the pudding...not quite the same for Snyder they just yap like an old decrepit hound dog. They talk the talk, but just can't quite walk the walk
:nerd: :D

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Sweetwater/Snyder fans are not the cockiest. But it doesnt matter cuz im not one of those.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
I think some of the snyder posters have gotten a little crazy about the last five years. Yeah I believe we have held our own with the likes of Sweetwater and Wylie during that time, and seeing our results in the 70's, 80's, and 90's it is I guess I can understand a little. It is hard to compete with over 600 wins but hey were workin on it. Most of us Snyder posters are proud and happy but yeah a few have a been just a bit cocky LOL.

:clap:

It's alright to be cocky sometimes.

I believe I was in a "most full of himself" poll a while back.

garciap77
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Clyde!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
It should actually be, "Which Fans are the Cockiest?"

garciap77
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It should actually be, "Which Fans are the Cockiest?"

:clap: :clap: :clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Yea snyder/sweetwater deff...

CHS_CG
11-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Giddings though suddenly it is very silent on the board from them.

lostaussie
11-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Giddings though suddenly it is very silent on the board from them. :thinking::thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I think my fans are the cockiest..they just know I am always on :D

88bobcats
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Celina's been winning for an awful long time.....so you have to expect it from them.

There are some Region III teams that have only been winning for the past 3 to 5 years.....who'd've thought their egos would grow so quickly?!:devil:

Daddy D 11
11-28-2007, 09:58 PM
i know right?? :rolleyes: :D

gobbler grad
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I picked Celina, but then again, look what they have accomplished...they' re a hell of a football team...everyone wants to be like them...they got it going on...they have great coaches, great program, and great tradition...

until you take them down, they can be cocky all they want...

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Giddings fans are undoubtedly the most cocky, arrogant you'll find anywhere. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any LH, Snyder or Celina fans, but from my experience Giddings fans take the cake on this one.

buff4life
11-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Liberty Hill hands down....followed closely by a suddenly silent Giddings fandom. Oh and Snyder, but nobody takes them seriously.

still arrogant...best team not in the playoffs lol...

buff4life
11-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Giddings though suddenly it is very silent on the board from them.
Caldwell takes the cake on that one...

DaHop72
11-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Liberty Hill hands down....followed closely by a suddenly silent Giddings fandom. Oh and Snyder, but nobody takes them seriously. And we are suppose to take you serious??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

firstcat
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
ummm....define cocky.

If it is running down another team...then it would have to be wimberley...they've even tried to start fights in the parking lots...shudder from the mental scars.....although that was before this year...they've been quiet this year. Then it would have to Be Giddings.

If it is boasting and being loud and proud...LH, Cuero, Celina...

lakers
11-28-2007, 11:28 PM
From what I have seen, the players from Snyder r much cockier then the fans. Some of them acted as if they had a chip on their shoulder.:dispntd:

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Why are the Sweetwater/Snyder fans lumped together??

Did you do that just to piss them off??:p

buff4ever
11-29-2007, 12:38 AM
You people have voted all wrong, this is a no brainer. The answer should be district 23 buffaloes. DUH, but then again we have a right to be cocky, RIGHT?

I guess you could say region 3 b/c it has LH & Giddings in it, but if you put district 23 against region 3, I have to take district 23. WE ARE COCKY!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

buff4ever
11-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
ummm....define cocky.

If it is running down another team...then it would have to be wimberley...they've even tried to start fights in the parking lots...shudder from the mental scars.....although that was before this year...they've been quiet this year. Then it would have to Be Giddings.

If it is boasting and being loud and proud...LH, Cuero, Celina...

WIMBERLY people threw trash and food at our band this year! CRAZY, what did our band do to anyone?

Rattlesnake_08
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
You people have voted all wrong, this is a no brainer. The answer should be district 23 buffaloes. DUH, but then again we have a right to be cocky, RIGHT?

I guess you could say region 3 b/c it has LH & Giddings in it, but if you put district 23 against region 3, I have to take district 23. WE ARE COCKY!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hell yeah!

Best district in the state!!!

People say that district 23 3A descended from hercules and the Greek gods themselves:D

King_LeYoeNidas
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And we are suppose to take you serious??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Struck a nerve did I? lol....where is Snyder again? No seriously...i never heard of it til I came to this board. Check Cameron's resume homie, then come talk to me about who can be "cocky" and who can't. Teams like Cameron, Giddings, Celina, Marlin, Cuero and others who are CONSISTANTLY GOOD and in the playoffs....they have a strong tradition usually year in and year out. Not like some other flashin the pan teams who have a spurt of success and then fade back into medicocrity, as someone mentioned earlier.

You go to those schools and you'll see trophy cases full of football accomplishments. Other schools....might have one shelf for them.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM

Rattlesnake_08
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
People also say that our district is both "like a rock" and "built Ford though"

Stownhorse
11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
Hell yeah!

Best district in the state!!!

People say that district 23 3A descended from hercules and the Greek gods themselves:D

Haha your win/loss record doesnt show it lmao

Rattlesnake_08
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM
People say that d23 is a perfect mix between chuck norris and selvester stalone

King_LeYoeNidas
11-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Overrated?

Rattlesnake_08
11-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Overrated?

Nope, just cocky.

buff4life
11-29-2007, 01:05 AM
WIMBERLY people threw trash and food at our band this year! CRAZY, what did our band do to anyone?

played too long lol...

Stownhorse
11-29-2007, 01:15 AM

Another corny analogy pff haha

buff4ever
11-29-2007, 01:25 AM
keep em coming rattlesnake08, and chime in buff4life; we have to keep this cocky image. Celina people ain't got nothing on us!:) :)

buff4ever
11-29-2007, 01:26 AM
The top 3 in this poll should be in this order:

district 23, region 3, LH

that is the order of cocky b/c it is the order of dominance:)

State_In_08
11-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Wait. Close this thread.

The poll isn't right. D-23 is the cockiest. We all know that.

No other fans can mess with us.

DaHop72
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Struck a nerve did I? lol....where is Snyder again? No seriously...i never heard of it til I came to this board. Check Cameron's resume homie, then come talk to me about who can be "cocky" and who can't. Teams like Cameron, Giddings, Celina, Marlin, Cuero and others who are CONSISTANTLY GOOD and in the playoffs....they have a strong tradition usually year in and year out. Not like some other flashin the pan teams who have a spurt of success and then fade back into medicocrity, as someone mentioned earlier.

You go to those schools and you'll see trophy cases full of football accomplishments. Other schools....might have one shelf for them. So here we go again. I keep hearing let's talk about this year, yes even from the Snyder posters, then someone wants to talk about the past.:rolleyes:
From my perspective, I'm talking about this year and where is Snyder and where is Cameron?:devil: As for striking a nerve, I don't think so.:D

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
The fans from Liberty Hill seem to be pretty cocky because of that 21 game winning streak, but they kinda have the room to be cocky.

Ranger Mom
11-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Are we talking fans on THIS board??

If so, Giddings was one that NEVER even crossed my mind!!

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
The top 3 in this poll should be in this order:

district 23, region 3, LH

that is the order of cocky b/c it is the order of dominance:)

You are right about the order of dominance

Butkus
11-29-2007, 10:17 AM
str an ole blackie hands down. :D

rangerjoe33
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Football fans...:)

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
cockiest or overrated? oh, those are one in the same...D23...

best fans, LH... then sweetwater and snyder.... as for Celina, it is not cockiness if you can back it up

buff4life
11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
cockiest or overrated? oh, those are one in the same...D23...

best fans, LH... then sweetwater and snyder.... as for Celina, it is not cockiness if you can back it up

still SWEPT your all mighty D24 haha :p :clap: :thinking: :doh:

Bull19
11-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
still SWEPT your all mighty D24 haha :p :clap: :thinking: :doh:

DITTO

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:15 AM
finally... took what, 4 years to do it?

plus, now I coach at a different place, moved up if you will...

but a healthy Needville, IMO, beats Navasota... but that is my opinion... and a healthy Needville would not be beating a LH team this week...

Bull19
11-29-2007, 11:22 AM
finally... took what, 4 years to do it?

plus, now I coach at a different place, moved up if you will...

but a healthy Needville, IMO, beats Navasota... but that is my opinion... and a healthy Needville would not be beating a LH team this week...

IF YOU WERE EVEN AT THE NEEDVILLE/NAVASOTA GAME YOU WOULD REALIZE NEEDVILLE DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL TO WIN REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY EXCUSES YOU MAKE

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
didn't have to be... just know enough to know..

I am not making any excuses for the Jays, just pointing out facts... I am sure that the Jays coaches will say different because they are classy guys...
but see Bull, what is different is my opinion to yours, that is fine by me but I will stand by what I say... a healthy Jays team beats Navasota, but they were not and Navasota wins and we will never know... how the game is played...

but isn't funny, when the shoe is on the other foot D23 does not like it?
Navasota has no chance in hell to beat LH

buff4ever
11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
A lot of people on here take the jokes as serious. My cocky statement of the year,

"WOS is one of maybe 3 teams that would have a chance to trade licks with giddings on any given night. Cards didn't come our way this time. Buffs will be back"

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
A lot of people on here take the jokes as serious. My cocky statement of the year,

"WOS is one of maybe 3 teams that would have a chance to trade licks with giddings on any given night. Cards didn't come our way this time. Buffs will be back"

see though, that makes sense and has logic to it...

catdaddy
11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I dare say ol' chap, if logic were a consideration, there would be a lot less posting on this forum...;)

buff4life
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
didn't have to be... just know enough to know..

I am not making any excuses for the Jays, just pointing out facts... I am sure that the Jays coaches will say different because they are classy guys...
but see Bull, what is different is my opinion to yours, that is fine by me but I will stand by what I say... a healthy Jays team beats Navasota, but they were not and Navasota wins and we will never know... how the game is played...

but isn't funny, when the shoe is on the other foot D23 does not like it?
Navasota has no chance in hell to beat LH

OK and by your logic, a health Giddings team would have beat WOS...

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
why not? which one is though... but I also heard that WOS was missing one of its better players as well.... definitely not a Brock, but... why not?

Daddy D 11
11-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Pratt went off against Needville.

on film he was trucking everyone of your defensive backs :eek:

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:58 AM
but then again, it is all my opinion so I would have to go with who I feel is the better team... injuries to several players make a teams dynamics change...

I still feel though, that WOS is a better team than Giddings... but not like that '87 team that rolled Columbia at the dome... one of the best teams I have ever seen

buff4life
11-29-2007, 11:58 AM
why not? which one is though... but I also heard that WOS was missing one of its better players as well.... definitely not a Brock, but... why not?

I couldn't agree more with you but i'm not gonna get into that because its the past...I still think that Depauldrick is better than the younger one...

themsu97
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

I am not at Needville any more...
at a different school closer to home, only having to coach 2 sports and have the ability to watch my daughter play volleyball where I would not have had that opportunity at Needville...the Jays were missing a few players

Daddy D 11
11-29-2007, 12:00 PM
oh i was just stating man. no kinda digg at all :D

themsu97
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
no problemo

Bull19
11-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I am not at Needville any more...
at a different school closer to home, only having to coach 2 sports and have the ability to watch my daughter play volleyball where I would not have had that opportunity at Needville...the Jays were missing a few players

WHAT DOES THAT^^^^ HAVE TO DO WITH NAVASOTA KILLING NEEDVILLE?????

MAYBE IF THE GAME WASNT A BLOWOUT I COULD POSSIBLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT HAVING A HEALTHY TEAM COULD PUT NEEDVILLE ON TOP, BUT AFTER WATCHING THAT GAME, NEEDVILLE HAD NO SHOT REGARDLESS.

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WHAT DOES THAT^^^^ HAVE TO DO WITH NAVASOTA KILLING NEEDVILLE?????

MAYBE IF THE GAME WASNT A BLOWOUT I COULD POSSIBLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT HAVING A HEALTHY TEAM COULD PUT NEEDVILLE ON TOP, BUT AFTER WATCHING THAT GAME, NEEDVILLE HAD NO SHOT REGARDLESS.

You see really pissed but you are really right. We were and still are the better team. I'm glad you are admitting it.

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Yeah, on his first touchdown he dragged almost their whole team. Pratt is a BEAST. He goes off every game.

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Yeah, on his first touchdown he dragged almost their whole team. Pratt is a BEAST. He goes off every game. He won't be draging no LH kids. those boys are strong and can play.

buff4ever
11-29-2007, 02:15 PM
He won't be draging no LH kids. those boys are strong and can play.

Not saying that this is about to happen or anything, but does anyone else think it would be hilarious to see go blues comments after LH loses a game. He is all over their XHUIs.:D

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Not saying that this is about to happen or anything, but does anyone else think it would be hilarious to see go blues comments after LH loses a game. He is all over their XHUIs.:D It's hilarious to see most of his posts. ;) This is all fun & games to Go Blue. That people oblige him is just as funny.

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Not saying that this is about to happen or anything, but does anyone else think it would be hilarious to see go blues comments after LH loses a game. He is all over their XHUIs.:D I don't have any obligations to either team. I'm paying my $7 to see a good game but when LH blows them out my $7 would also be well spent. I just do that because the navasota posters are touchy.

themsu97
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
they are very touchy...

what they have a hard time understanding is opinion... and in my opinion a healthy Needville teams beats them...

they have the right to theirs and understand theirs and respect it... i just do not agree

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't have any obligations to either team. I'm paying my $7 to see a good game but when LH blows them out my $7 would also be well spent. I just do that because the navasota posters are touchy.

I would rather you not go to the game. We aren't touchy either. We defend our team and ourselves.

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I would rather you not go to the game. We aren't touchy either. We defend our team and ourselves. Yes you all are very touchy. I just say simple saying that have no relevance and you go off. touch much, yes!

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Not saying that this is about to happen or anything, but does anyone else think it would be hilarious to see go blues comments after LH loses a game. He is all over their XHUIs.:D

I wonder what they would say. He might not post for awhile because the team he has been against this whole time will have prevailed over everyone.

Daddy D 11
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
actually it would just be over liberty hill..not everyone :p

but it would be interesting, ithink i would like my crow in sushi (raw) form lol

but ill be the first to let yall know that you put it to us IF you guys do :clap:

themsu97
11-29-2007, 02:42 PM
he would say..."wow, Navasota has to be the luckiest team in the state to win..."

or " those refs must have been paid off..."

easy, doesn't take much, because Blue's fun comes from all the dander that is coming off of most of ya'll

Daddy D 11
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
that is true. most of mine does to, but the other is helpful information to the navasotians :)

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I provide helpful information, at times

DaHop72
11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I wonder what they would say. He might not post for awhile because the team he has been against this whole time will have prevailed over everyone. Trust me. If Liberty Hill were to get beat it wouldn't stop Go Blue from posting, heck it won't even slow him down.:)

Daddy D 11
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
i dont think celina fans are that cocky, they are just acustomed to winning

Old Tiger
11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
If Navasota wins I'll just go back to the Snyder posters for entertainment :D

themsu97
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
see, if Navasota wins that will make me even more upset... knowing that a healthy Needville team would have beaten them and then could still be playing

DaHop72
11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
If Navasota wins I'll just go back to the Snyder posters for entertainment :D :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Daddy D 11
11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
thats basically saying that you will never harm the snyder posters again :)

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
I would rather you not go to the game.
:p I'm glad he's coming to the game. :)

RattlerDude
11-29-2007, 04:27 PM
see, if Navasota wins that will make me even more upset... knowing that a healthy Needville team would have beaten them and then could still be playing

Regardless of what you think, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Needville lost. They are done.

themsu97
11-29-2007, 05:04 PM
that is true, no debating that... but you will always have to play the what if card... makes things fun... why else do people enjoy college football and griping about the BCS?
same thing with football in general, the hypothetical is always fun...
like the old SNL skit on the Bears fans... absolutely hilarious but fun