PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Divorces

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
This topic is from another board was a hoot to read..so lets try it here:)

What do you think?

Does a wife actually have grounds for a divorce just because her husband spends all of his spare time going to games and/or talking about Texas High School Playoff football?

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Can my husband legally divorce me on grounds of abandonment for going to playoff games around the state without him??

eagle40
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
it is not grounds for divorce because a woman should understand the responsibilities of marrying a true Texas man

ronwx5x
11-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Can my husband legally divorce me on grounds of abandonment for going to playoff games around the state without him??

Depends RM. Do you come back home? If so, then it's only temporary (but repeated) abandonment.

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Depends RM. Do you come back home? If so, then it's only temporary (but repeated) abandonment.

Oh yeah...I always come home.

Heck, sometimes I even take him with me.

:D

catdaddy
11-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Depends on whether he comes home smelling perfumy or reaking of adolescent fumunda funk:hand:

ronwx5x
11-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Then no, he has no grounds for complaint.

I even managed to get my wife to come to ONE game with me. Now that's really doing something even though it was a Wimberley game and I had to spend the next day at the outlet mall to repay her.

eagles_victory
11-28-2007, 05:24 PM

I even managed to get my wife to come to ONE game with me. Now that's really doing something even though it was a Wimberley game and I had to spend the next day at the outlet mall to repay her. i dont know if i can take this serious until you get 20 more post :D where did the sig go?

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by catdaddy
Depends on whether he comes home smelling perfumy or reaking of adolescent fumunda funk:hand:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

fumunda funk ----- i've found a new phrase!!! :D

ronwx5x
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i dont know if i can take this serious until you get 20 more post :D where did the sig go?

I decided to be non-confrontational on all accounts! It also lost most of it's value since you've been nice to me lately.

Technoredneck
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM

??Sometimes take him (? home ?)

eagles_victory
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I decided to be non-confrontational on all accounts! It also lost most of it's value since you've been nice to me lately. true the ev nation did decide to embrace you as a new poster with thoughtful post who added good things to the dl

ronwx5x
11-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
true the ev nation did decide to embrace you as a new poster with thoughtful post who added good things to the dl

Now don't ask for a hug!:D

Maroon87
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm sure there are some that go to games for the specific intent of getting away from their spouse.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 05:34 PM

I even managed to get my wife to come to ONE game with me. Now that's really doing something even though it was a Wimberley game and I had to spend the next day at the outlet mall to repay her.

Haha!! He doesn't complain, he's actually jealous that I can go and he can't.

Which...is why he took the entire month of December off so he could go with me to playoff games!

The only problem is....he wants to see a variety....1-A to 5-A, while I am more of a strictly 3A girl!

I think we WILL probably go see Permian play Saturday though!!

ronwx5x
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM

I think we WILL probably go see Permian play Saturday though!!
Good choice.

nobogey72
11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I came home late one night and my wife was waiting up for me and demanded to know where I'd been. I said "Honey, I have been having an affair for 5 years, and I'm tired of hiding it from you. And I've been at her house". She said..... "You lying little prick, you went to the Wylie/Sweetwater game didn't You":D :D :D :D

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm sure there are some that go to games for the specific intent of getting away from their spouse.:thinking:

Cautiously holding hand in the air...that be me!:)

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Afew years ago I moved to Alaska, and my kids live in Celina so I have been going to the playoff games for years..I may miss league games, but NOT the playoffs. So when we moved to Alaska,

(my wife got transferred there for work).

She said what you going to do on Friday nights now? sort of a smirky smart remark if you ask me.

I replied the same thing I always do..Celina playoff games. You gonna fly back and forth every week? Nope...I'll be back when they get beat....usually the week before X-Mass, she was totally pissed..

So when I got back, she said she had to go to her mothers for X-Mass in Oklahoma...so I wished her well and went to Costa Rica for a back Rub, and a little fun in the sun:)

Needless to say the next June she informed me she had to move back to Oklahoma, and I kind of scratched my head and asked why. ?

She replied I have to do what I have to do.

Now from a mans point of view...this was kind of confusing, and hell June is when the fishing starts, the Sockeye run is in full feather, the weather is great, the sun is up 24/7.

So I told her...well I guess you better do that.

Your not coming?

Well, No not in June..hell no.

Are you coming at all?

When I get cold, so I showed up in November....first week of playoffs so was gone from Thursday until Sunday every week until week before X-Mass.

Jan-April sucked, practically housebound...first of May I loaded all my stuff back up and she inquired?
Where you going?

I replied Alaska...and she demanded to know why?

So all I could think of was, hell A man has to do what a man has to do...see you when I get cold, probably November, and there you have it...6 months of serenity, 4 months of bitching and honey do's, and 6 weeks of playoff football..perfect:)

Go Cats!!

Bull19
11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by eagle40
it is not grounds for divorce because a woman should understand the responsibilities of marrying a true Texas man

:clap: :clap:

nobogey72
11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Afew years ago I moved to Alaska, and my kids live in Celina so I have been going to the playoff games for years..I may miss league games, but NOT the playoffs. So when we moved to Alaska,

(my wife got transferred there for work).

She said what you going to do on Friday nights now? sort of a smirky smart remark if you ask me.

I replied the same thing I always do..Celina playoff games. You gonna fly back and forth every week? Nope...I'll be back when they get beat....usually the week before X-Mass, she was totally pissed..

So when I got back, she said she had to go to her mothers for X-Mass in Oklahoma...so I wished her well and went to Costa Rica for a back Rub, and a little fun in the sun:)

Needless to say the next June she informed me she had to move back to Oklahoma, and I kind of scratched my head and asked why. ?

She replied I have to do what I have to do.

Now from a mans point of view...this was kind of confusing, and hell June is when the fishing starts, the Sockeye run is in full feather, the weather is great, the sun is up 24/7.

So I told her...well I guess you better do that.

Your not coming?

Well, No not in June..hell no.

Are you coming at all?

When I get cold, so I showed up in November....first week of playoffs so was gone from Thursday until Sunday every week until week before X-Mass.

Jan-April sucked, practically housebound...first of May I loaded all my stuff back up and she inquired?
Where you going?

I replied Alaska...and she demanded to know why?

So all I could think of was, hell A man has to do what a man has to do...see you when I get cold, probably November, and there you have it...6 months of serenity, 4 months of bitching and honey do's, and 6 weeks of playoff football..perfect:)

Go Cats!!

Alaskacat,
That my friend is a story the likes of which cannot be matched. I am in total awe of you. You are not quite up to Tom Landry but you moved directly ahead of Rambo, John Wayne, and Outlaw Josey Wales, on my list of all time heros. I just took my hat off to finish this post. My only question is how ya'll manage to talk so much. My wife and I haven't had that much conversation in 5 yrs. and we've lived in the same house the whole time. Dang, that's smooth. Sincerely, one henpecked pw'ed dude in Abilene Tx.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Alaskacat,
That my friend is a story the likes of which cannot be matched. I am in total awe of you. You are not quite up to Tom Landry but you moved directly ahead of Rambo, John Wayne, and Outlaw Josey Wales, on my list of all time heros. I just took my hat off to finish this post. My only question is how ya'll manage to talk so much. My wife and I haven't had that much conversation in 5 yrs. and we've lived in the same house the whole time. Dang, that's smooth. Sincerely, one henpecked pw'ed dude in Abilene Tx.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, if your not doing anything in say May come on up:) or in July and you can get in on Alaska Football.

This year I am going back in January for two weeks...I need a break 4 months of her BS is just to much at one sitting.

I need run an add..Wanted:

New Companion, who loves high school football, can bait her own hook, loves to travel and totally adores Nature.

if they cant get past that part...well no need apply.

My wife hates all of the above..I think PMS has set in permanently.

Bull19
11-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, if your not doing anything in say May come on up:) or in July and you can get in on Alaska Football.

This year I am going back in January for two weeks...I need a break 4 months of her BS is just to much at one sitting.

New Companion, who loves high school football, can bait her own hook, loves to travel and totally adores Nature.

and you're still married to this same woman?

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 08:36 PM
RM divorced?

holla holla holla

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
and you're still married to this same woman?

Yeah she refuses to leave..I guess she likes me being gone..since we are on this 50-50 deal she has to work..I'm retired..lol

She asked me what I wanted for X-Mass and I told her something with a challenge, one of those high dollar silicone life size dolls that do anything on demand...for a travel buddy.

She wanted to know just how the hell is that a challenge....I replied, teaching it to cook, then I would be good to go.:D

nobogey72
11-28-2007, 08:55 PM

Sir Alaskacat (I think you deserve the Knighting) You know that some people might think that men that think like us are cheauvenistic. I always say that the only thing I hate worse than a male cheauvenist is a woman that won't do what she's told:cool:

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Sir Alaskacat (I think you deserve the Knighting) You know that some people might think that men that think like us are cheauvenistic. I always say that the only thing I hate worse than a male cheauvenist is a woman that won't do what she's told:cool:

I agree, demanding didn't work, asking failed, and begging didn't work...so I chose to do it this way and ignore the rest:)

We have a saying up home, it is time to either fish or cut bait, if you cant do either its time to get off the boat

CelinaProud
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Sir Alaskacat and nobogey72-

As the token woman, let me say this exchange is why I recently learned how to read. Not to mention bait a hook, skin and fry a fish and love CELINA HS football!

I even called my husband in Alaska to to get his take before I replied, as a good wife should, but his voicemail said he was currently out ice-fishing but WOULD be back in Mesquite by Friday at 7:30 pm!

So knowing how important timing is, I left him a message and said that the game had changed to 4pm Saturday at Texas Stadium.

However, I do have blow-up doll waiting for him when he gets home.

:)

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
no no no a normal blow up doll just wont get it...need one of those life size silicon jobs.

I had one of the troops in Iraq ask me to send them a blow up doll, so I giggled and sent one.

A couple months later I get this urgent email begging and pleading that they needed a patch kit, and were desperate, Seems he loaned her out, and someone was a bit rough with her:)

I laughed until I got sick then went down to Walmart and bought a dozen patch kits and sent them..troops lived happily ever after.

I have come to the conclusion a war cannot be fought without the assistance of playboy magazine...That is what these kids are fighting for, honor country and the American way:)

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud

:)

Well Celina Proud, you are a good woman, you understand how things are...but Alas as of now, my wife has failed miserably to procure said silicon doll...so I will be in a proverbial funk until after X-Mass:)

catdaddy
11-28-2007, 11:05 PM
As the token woman, let me say this exchange is why I recently learned how to read. Not to mention bait a hook, skin and fry a fish and love CELINA HS football!

I even called my husband in Alaska to to get his take before I replied, as a good wife should, but his voicemail said he was currently out ice-fishing but WOULD be back in Mesquite by Friday at 7:30 pm!

So knowing how important timing is, I left him a message and said that the game had changed to 4pm Saturday at Texas Stadium.

(Think Ice Age) "This cat reads minds"

DDBooger
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM

What do you think?

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/Bigsherm09/waynebradychoke.gif

CelinaProud
11-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Of course I was just joking.....naturally I bought the silicon job, but it was a man for me silly boy!

PS....I dress him in shoulder pads, an orange jersey and matching pants! If it's a long night, I bring out the helmet! Obviously, since he's from Celina, he already has his State ring!!!!!

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 11:28 PM
What do I think?

I think that if Xmass is a flop, I will have to make an emergency trip to Alaska and reinstall Girl friend 4.0 on my hard drive:)

But it has its risks, and is very unstable if installed while wife 1.0 is running in the back ground

Last year a friend of mine upgraded from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving few system resources for other applications. He is also now noticing the Wife 1.0 is also spawning Child-processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomenon was included in the product documentation, though other users have informed me that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.

Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself so that it is always launched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. Some applications such as Poker Night 10.3 , Bachelor Party 2.5, and Celina Playoffs 2007 are no longer able to run on the system at all, causing the system to lockup when launched (even though the apps worked fine before).

Wife 1.0 provides no installation options. Thus, the installation of undesired plug-ins such as Mother-in-law 55.8 and the Brother-in-law Beta is unavoidable. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.

Some features my friend would like to see in the upcoming Wife 2.0:

* A "don't remind me again" button.
* Minimize button.
* Ability to delete the "headache" file
* An install feature that provides an option to uninstall 2.0 versions without loss of other system resources.
* An option to run the network driver in "promiscuous mode" allowing the system's Hardware Probe feature to be much more useful/effective.

I myself wish I had decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 3.0 Even here, however, I have found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 4.0 on top of girlfriend 3.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 3.0 first; otherwise the two versions of Girlfriend will have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port. Other users have told me that this is a long-standing problem that I should have been aware of. Guess that explains what happened to versions 1 and 2.

To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 3.0 doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Another identified problem is that all versions of Girlfriend have annoying little messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0!

VIRUS ALERT

All users should be aware that Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MS Money files before doing the uninstall itself. Once that happens, Mistress 1.1 won't install and you will get an "insufficient resources" error message. To avoid the aforementioned bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and " never" run any file transfer applications (such as Laplink) between the two systems.

FYI: Don't even think about a shared directory!!!

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 11:30 PM
:D This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I have read in a long while!!

Keep up the good work!!!

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks Mom...thats why I started it..to kind of get off the chest beating and testosterone blitz until Friday...2 more days, one more day of this:)

Aaah but where do we go from here? It is such a wicked web we weave:)

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Of course I was just joking.....naturally I bought the silicon job, but it was a man for me silly boy!

PS....I dress him in shoulder pads, an orange jersey and matching pants! If it's a long night, I bring out the helmet! Obviously, since he's from Celina, he already has his State ring!!!!!

I'm not gonna even comment on this one...it could be the meeting of two like minds..lol

But then do You Fish?:)

alaskacat
11-29-2007, 02:11 AM
For those of you of th ecurious of mind..Here is a travel guide loaded with pictures I took from Alaska to Oklahoma last fall The colors are nothing short of phenominal.

It goes from alask through the yukon, BC, Montana, an elk hunt in Colorado and then on to Oklahoma

Enjoy

http://25thaviation.org/Travelguides/id1107.htm

CelinaProud
11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
But then do You Fish?

Of course I fish, but only in my own pond, and as you know, it's stocked with State Championships!

Great, funny, thread! One more day till Friday!

nobogey72
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Of course I fish, but only in my own pond, and as you know, it's stocked with State Championships!

Sir Alaskacat,

Will you tell me the part again... you know... where you told her that .... well I guess a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....
Will you... please? That's my favorite part. Then, will you tell me the part about the soldiers being rough with that doll... ? Please.... just one more time? I promise I won't ask again.:cheerl:

alaskacat
11-29-2007, 03:00 PM

I am so glad there are ponds of your caliber in Texas, raising those big stout ones that can compete anywhere year after year. I think God must have took a special interest in your pond added Miracle Grow to that pond and other neighboring ponds and they just keep on popping out winners.

Now my pond after once being a very successful pond, has sort of went in the tank the last several years.

The last of the big fish are gone, the drought and heat of the summers have taken its toll, fish and game wouldn't even re stock it, stating the pond was so old it was incapable of sustaining life let alone another generation of big strapping Cats

The best I can hope for is some of those airborne carp that keep infesting the neighboring ponds in my area, and maybe an occasional duck to stop by on their way south:)

nobogey72
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Celina Proud and Sir Alaskacat,

What do you 2 think about these so-called "man-made ponds"? You know....artificial inpondination? Or, to take it a step further...cloneponding? I don't think I like it. That ain't natural. One guy I know was wanting to do some fishing (if you knowwhat I mean) and he couldn't even find a pond worth getting his rod out for. He finally got tired of looking and had to pull over, and try out the bar ditch, which had a little moisture. No big Cats, no state champions, just a temporary glimpse of how it used to be. After that he drove not a quarter mile down the road and came upon a nice big natural pond. At that point he realized he had prematurely pondulated.:doh: :doh: It's a sad deal.

CelinaProud
11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
First of all, that man and those ponds need to be treated for bacterial infection!

Since you're from Abilene, a veterinarian should do the trick :)

Also, you both are definitely better at the double-entendre than little 'ole me.

I stand by assertion that State Championships make the fishing better! Good luck to all, but especially my boys in orange, Friday night!

alaskacat
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Which ones of those Big orange critters belong to you Celina Proud?.....Make sure tonight they get one more blast of Miracle Grow:)

And may they have a great day, tomorrow and come home hungry and safe

Ron

CelinaProud
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Which ones of those Big orange critters belong to you Celina Proud?.....Make sure tonight they get one more blast of Miracle Grow

;) Fed him 12 eggs this morning! #78, but he has only been playing on kick-off and punt and he broke his big toe last week, so he probably wont get much action now, not that he stopped practicing! I LOVE THAT BOY! Like I said, not a starter yet, but some day.........

Anyway, I claim them all but soooooo glad I don't have to feed them ALL! Here's to Miracle Grow and great coaching!

By the way, I looked at your pictures, they are beautiful. Absolutely book quality! You really should compile them for submission to an art house publisher some day!

Andrea

alaskacat
11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
;)
By the way, I looked at your pictures, they are beautiful. Absolutely book quality! You really should compile them for submission to an art house publisher some day!

Andrea

Glad you liked the pictures:) and if you haven't guessed already, thats what I do to kill time, and I make a buck at it.

More of the wildlife variety can be found at http://ronleonard.shutterpoint.com

There are also other travel guides that can be found at http://25thaviation.org/Travelguides

There you will find a story of the 2004 Bobcats. I came to write a story about wining it all, but Crawford screwed up my story:) We had a bunch of injuries that year, and just came up short.

Sports pics can be found at http://ronleonard.eventpictures.com

I usually don't crank up until Basketball Season down here though. I still need a different lens for football on some of these badly lit fields like a canon EF f/2.8 70-200 L IS USN and they are just a little pricey right now.

If we play a day game I am in business.

Good luck tonight .

I will be located with Billy Fred if you find him on the 50 part way up tonight..

Good luck to you and the kids tonight...

Who-dun-it!!?
11-30-2007, 01:10 PM
it is not grounds for divorce because a woman should understand the responsibilities of marrying a true Texas man :clap: :clap: :clap: