View Full Version : m&g WOS vs. WLV

DU_stud04
11-28-2007, 04:12 PM
we'll have the flag at this game,

anyone know a good place to meet up at?

sign in here :D

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
:cheerl: yay i guess this means you already got it??

http://www.gobearkats.com/pics2/0/XY/XYXYVLVSCQJTGPM.20071011194308.jpg

I wonder where we could meet?? :D

Ranger Mom
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I wonder where we could meet?? :D

I don't mess around!!:D :D

DU_stud04
11-28-2007, 04:22 PM

I wonder where we could meet?? :D no, haha, havent got it yet, but the internet tells me its somewhere in arlington since about 5am.... doesnt say out for delivery yet....so im guessing they're holding it hostage till morning???

behind the scoreboard? it looks accessible.

j_dog
11-28-2007, 04:26 PM
The north end of the stadium, near the big scoreboard is an excellent place. It is a "neutral" site, half-way between the two sides. This is also an entrance spot, especially for the "visitor" side.

When were you thinking of meeting? Halftime has been good in the past.

Additionally, if anyone would like to meet for dinner somewhere about say 5:45 or 6:00, let me know and I will see what could be set up.

DU_stud04
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
The north end of the stadium, near the big scoreboard is an excellent place. It is a "neutral" site, half-way between the two sides. This is also an entrance spot, especially for the "visitor" side.

Additionally, if anyone would like to meet for dinner somewhere about say 5:45 or 6:00, let me know and I will see what could be set up. halftime seems to be best. i think me and mwynn should be arriving around 530 in huntsville....where some good eating at?

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 04:31 PM

Additionally, if anyone would like to meet for dinner somewhere about say 5:45 or 6:00, let me know and I will see what could be set up. I'll be there early. I used to live in Huntsville many moons ago. :D If I were there super early I'd have some BBQ, but I probably won't arrive until 4:30-ish. Maybe Russ could give us some pointers on where we could eat - unless you know of some.

j_dog
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
halftime seems to be best. i think me and mwynn should be arriving around 530 in huntsville....where some good eating at?
Depends on what you want to eat. There are some good Mexican restaurants in Huntsville. A decent BBQ place. A couple Asian restaurants. But all in all, I think the Mexican places are the better deal. In truth, they are as good as most of the ones in San Antonio. IMO. ;)

Give me some feedback about what you like, and then I will make specific recommendations.

j_dog
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
... Maybe Russ could give us some pointers on where we could eat - unless you know of some.
hey, they call me the restaurant guru. :D

DU_stud04
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
any mom and pop burger joints? if not then mexican food all the way

j_dog
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
any mom and pop burger joints? if not then mexican food all the way
There is one "mom and pop burger joint" that many folks here like. A little greasy to my taste. ;) But that might be just what you want. They ALSO have BBQ, and do a fair job with it. I say fair because I have not yet seen them written up in Texas Monthly. :D

Anyway, their name is McKenzies. Exit off IH45 onto 11th Street, and go east, past one traffic light, then is tucked back in a little strip shopping center. There is also a good down home Mexican restaurant in the same little center, off to the right, called Panchitos.

Coming from the north, there is a good Mexican restaurant called Rodeo at the first exit coming into Huntsville. You will know it is the right exit because there are truck stops on both sides of the freeway. If you are into beef and are hungry, I recommend their Carne Asada for $8.95.

Rodeo is on the west side of the freeway. From Dallas, that will be the right side.

There is another good Mexican restaurant on 11th Street on the left, just past the second traffic light. The name is Cinco de Mayo.

And there is a good El Chico out on I45, on the east side of the freeway just south of 11th Street. Easy to see, harder to get to.

This is just some ideas. I may think of more later. Sorry, off the top of my head I don't remember the exit numbers.

DU_stud04
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
There is one "mom and pop burger joint" that many folks here like. A little greasy to my taste. ;) But that might be just what you want. They ALSO have BBQ, and do a fair job with it. I say fair because I have not yet seen them written up in Texas Monthly. :D

Anyway, their name is McKenzies. Exit off IH45 onto 11th Street, and go east, past one traffic light, then is tucked back in a little strip shopping center. There is also a good down home Mexican restaurant in the same little center, off to the right, called Panchitos.

Coming from the north, there is a good Mexican restaurant called Rodeo at the first exit coming into Huntsville. You will know it is the right exit because there are truck stops on both sides of the freeway. If you are into beef and are hungry, I recommend their Carne Asada for $8.95.

Rodeo is on the west side of the freeway. From Dallas, that will be the right side.

There is another good Mexican restaurant on 11th Street on the left, just past the second traffic light. The name is Cinco de Mayo.

And there is a good El Chico out on I45, on the east side of the freeway just south of 11th Street. Easy to see, harder to get to.

This is just some ideas. I may think of more later. Sorry, off the top of my head I don't remember the exit numbers.

'preciate the help :thumbsup:

crazy
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
You will not be disappointed with McKenzie's.

j_dog
11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by crazy
depends. not the best I ever had, but certainly not the worst. But you can definitely pick up some local flavor here. :)

Gobbla2001
11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
this'll be an interesting meet and greet...

La Vega: Hello, WO-S, we'd like you to meet Mr. Endzone...

WO-S: Oh, La Vega, we've already met... what has been, five? six times tonight? Maybe YOU should meet him

:devil:

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
this'll be an interesting meet and greet...

La Vega: Hello, WO-S, we'd like you to meet Mr. Endzone...

WO-S: Oh, La Vega, we've already met... what has been, five? six times tonight? Maybe YOU should meet him

:devil:

:crazy1: :crazy:

88bobcats
11-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Are there any Waco La Vega 3ADownLow posters? I must admit, I don't think I've ever seen one on-line.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not hatin'.....just curious.

If there are no La Vega posters, it might be a one-sided M&G.

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Are there any Waco La Vega 3ADownLow posters? I must admit, I don't think I've ever seen one on-line.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not hatin'.....just curious.

If there are no La Vega posters, it might be a one-sided M&G.

That's okay. There will be other posters there that are not from WOS so that will help balance things out. :)

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
That's okay. There will be other posters there that are not from WOS so that will help balance things out. :)

I'm clearly not a Waco LV poster, but I think LV will win this game. I'll be there around 6 or so.

setxsports
11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
I think WOS wins in a close one.

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by **********
I think WOS wins in a close one.

boo

j_dog
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
i am not from WOS. :D

mwynn05
11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
well im for lv

eagles_victory
11-29-2007, 01:53 AM
the lavega folks are all on centexs there is a slight chance me and coach might be there and if we are we will be supporting to Modoc magic

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 02:52 AM
who is home team?

setxsports
11-29-2007, 06:36 AM
La Vega

CHS_CG
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM

I love McKenzies! My best friend used to live over there so we'd go eat everytime there everytime I traveled that direction. MMM now I might go just to go eat McKenzies.

j_dog
11-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I love McKenzies! My best friend used to live over there so we'd go eat everytime there everytime I traveled that direction. MMM now I might go just to go eat McKenzies.
McKenzies it is then for dinner. McKenzies is actually two restaurants. One side is the hamburger side, and the other side is BBQ. This is truly the best choice because everyone can order and pay in the line and then we are finished with that.

I will be there on the BBQ side at 5:30. I will be wearing blue jeans, and a red shirt so I should be easy to find. I also wear glasses, am medium build, about 5'10".

If you are coming please send me a PM describing something about yourself so I can look for you.

I may be able to add more directions later, but if you cannot find it, most everyone in Hunstsville should be able to direct you. :)

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
McKenzies it is then for dinner. McKenzies is actually two restaurants. One side is the hamburger side, and the other side is BBQ. This is truly the best choice because everyone can order and pay in the line and then we are finished with that.

I will be there on the BBQ side at 5:30. I will be wearing blue jeans, and a red shirt so I should be easy to find. I also wear glasses, am medium build, about 5'10".

If you are coming please send me a PM describing something about yourself so I can look for you.

I may be able to add more directions later, but if you cannot find it, most everyone in Hunstsville should be able to direct you. :)

Sounds like a plan! :thumbsup:

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a plan! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
:thumbsup:

Did you get the flag?

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did you get the flag? i got a message in my mail box saying i have a package in the office, i shall go pick it up once i leave my bed :D

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Did you get the flag? i think im gonna use it as a bib tonight.... gonna bbq it up for the cowboys game, friends bringing ribs for me too cook...might get a bit messy :D

Ranger Mom
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
i think im gonna use it as a bib tonight.... gonna bbq it up for the cowboys game, friends bringing ribs for me too cook...might get a bit messy :D

I noticed it's starting too look a tad bit dingy anyway!!:)

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I noticed it's starting too look a tad bit dingy anyway!!:) ewwwwwwww...........:helpme: this is another "inside my head" thoughts :devil:

j_dog
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Directions to McKenzies. Exit off IH45 onto 11th Street, and go east, past one traffic light, then is tucked back in a little strip shopping center. The I45 exit is number 116. This street has several names. For reference, from the west going into Huntsille this is Hwy 30. In Huntsville it is 11th Street. From the east, from Livingston, it is Hwy 190.

See you at 5:30 Friday! :)

WOS1
11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Me and the WOS crew will not be able to make the pre-game meal. The last time we ate prior to a game was in 05 before we lost to Wimberley. Since then we have been eating afterwards. If anyone wants to wait and eat after the game you are welcome to join us.

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Me and the WOS crew will not be able to make the pre-game meal. The last time we ate prior to a game was in 05 before we lost to Wimberley. Since then we have been eating afterwards. If anyone wants to wait and eat after the game you are welcome to join us. sounds good as well hahahahaha me and mwynn usually eat before and then again after the game hahaha

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Me and the WOS crew will not be able to make the pre-game meal. The last time we ate prior to a game was in 05 before we lost to Wimberley. Since then we have been eating afterwards. If anyone wants to wait and eat after the game you are welcome to join us. :( :(

I love superstitions!! :thumbsup: I'll give you a ring when we get to the stadium! Don't forget to save me a spot! :)

WOS1
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
No problem!

DaHop72
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
:( :(

I love superstitions!! :thumbsup: I'll give you a ring when we get to the stadium! Don't forget to save me a spot! :) :mad: It's not being superstitious, it's being careful. :kiss: :kiss:

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
No problem! I peeked in on ********** - haha - good stuff

j_dog
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Me and the WOS crew will not be able to make the pre-game meal. The last time we ate prior to a game was in 05 before we lost to Wimberley. Since then we have been eating afterwards. If anyone wants to wait and eat after the game you are welcome to join us.
I am pulling for WOS and I may therefore jinx you anyway, so you may as well come and enjoy some East Texas BBQ and greasy hamburgers, Huntsville style. :D

and for you budget minded folks, I don't know that many places you can eat for $5 or so. !! :cool:

and now I know why you all did not meet us before the game in Jasper. :thinking: next year we may have to kidnap you. :devil:

j_dog
11-29-2007, 04:43 PM
oh yes, I remember we ate before a WOS-Jasper game back in 04. That didn't turn out well for you either. Maybe you ARE onto something. ;)

j_dog
11-29-2007, 04:51 PM

I will be there on the BBQ side at 5:30. I will be wearing blue jeans, and a red shirt so I should be easy to find. I also wear glasses, am medium build, about 5'10". For added measure I probably will be wearing my red and white Jasper baseball cap. :cool:

If you are coming please send me a PM describing something about yourself so I can look for you, and will know how many to expect.

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
I am pulling for WOS and I may therefore jinx you anyway, so you may as well come and enjoy some East Texas BBQ and greasy hamburgers, Huntsville style. :D

and for you budget minded folks, I don't know that many places you can eat for $5 or so. !! :cool:

and now I know why you all did not meet us before the game in Jasper. :thinking: next year we may have to kidnap you. :devil:

:thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I should say I'm rooting for La Vega then ;)

j_dog
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
:thinking: :thinking: hmmmmmmmmm, maybe I should say I'm rooting for La Vega then ;)
hey, it works for Jody! all of Jasper's success, we owe to Jody! :D

DU_stud04
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM

j_dog
11-29-2007, 07:52 PM
tt

Cadillac
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm a La Vega fan.

Go Modocs.

crazy
11-29-2007, 09:01 PM

Hey, now!!!! The hamburgers at McKenzie's aren't greasy! They are big, thick and juicy. Homemade style. The beef is in the bun!

griff
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
well im for lv

No surprise there, as you have taken a couple of potshots at WO-S in the past, while claiming to know WO-S football from way up there in Denton. This will be your first time to actually watch WO-S play, I bet.

No matter, though. To each his own. I expect a competive and entertaining game for fans on both sides.

j_dog
11-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey, now!!!! The hamburgers at McKenzie's aren't greasy! They are big, thick and juicy. Homemade style. The beef is in the bun!
well then come on down! :)

pirate4state
11-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Can we get a head count of those that will be at dinner??

eagles_victory
11-30-2007, 12:02 AM
me and coach

kepdawg
11-30-2007, 12:03 AM

0.01% chance I will be there

j_dog
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
I will be there of course. I received 2 PM's who will be there, and "me and coach" above makes five to my knowledge. Hopefully some others will show up.

This is a very informal place, so no reservations are needed. :)

mwynn05
11-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by griff
No surprise there, as you have taken a couple of potshots at WO-S in the past, while claiming to know WO-S football from way up there in Denton. This will be your first time to actually watch WO-S play, I bet.

No matter, though. To each his own. I expect a competive and entertaining game for fans on both sides. if you were here in 04 you would understand....and fyi we play la vega all the time in stuff so thats the real reason

j_dog
11-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Anybody else coming to the M&G ?

wos-84
11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
im going to try to make it. Go Mustangs!;)

pirate4state
11-30-2007, 10:10 AM
I THINK there should be another M&G at half-time. Let's say under the scoreboard. I'll wait down there with the flag until 2 minutes before the game resumes.

WOS guys usually eat AFTER the game and they are fun group to hang out with so that might be another opportunity for some of you to M&G.

88bobcats
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
P4S, WOS1, WOS92, griff, chaingang and co., my plans have changed and I won't be able to attend the single game I've been expecting ALL YEAR LONG. Dangit!

I'll be there in spirit, rootin' for my district 21-3A neighbors.

Rita, please include me on your cell-phone update list if you send any. I might call you tonight to see how the 'Stangs are doin'.

I'm hopin' for a fun game and no injuries for both sides. Everybody drive safely.

Go Mustangs!

pirate4state
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
P4S, WOS1, WOS92, griff, chaingang and co., my plans have changed and I won't be able to attend the single game I've been expecting ALL YEAR LONG. Dangit!

I'll be there in spirit, rootin' for my district 21-3A neighbors.

Rita, please include me on your cell-phone update list if you send any. I might call you tonight to see how the 'Stangs are doin'.

I'm hopin' for a fun game and no injuries for both sides. Everybody drive safely.

Go Mustangs!

:( Hate to hear it! I'll add you, but I'll only be sending qtr updates.

Headed out the door. See everyone there! :wave:

DU_stud04
11-30-2007, 01:04 PM
:( Hate to hear it! I'll add you, but I'll only be sending qtr updates.

Headed out the door. See everyone there! :wave: im doing laundry..... i might leave in 2 hours :D

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I got my drank and my 2 step, my drank and my 2 step

DaHop72
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I got my drank and my 2 step, my drank and my 2 step :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stownhorse
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hahaha I loves it

TexanFan4Life
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM

I better not be. ;)

j_dog
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
I THINK there should be another M&G at half-time. Let's say under the scoreboard. I'll wait down there with the flag until 2 minutes before the game resumes.

WOS guys usually eat AFTER the game and they are fun group to hang out with so that might be another opportunity for some of you to M&G.
I open to that if we can find 'em. :)

j_dog
11-30-2007, 02:26 PM

c u there!

kepdawg
11-30-2007, 02:28 PM
I decided to come! I'm about to take a quick shower and then I'll hit the road!

We should definitely meet at halftime as well!

See you guys in a bit!

j_dog
11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I decided to come! I'm about to take a quick shower and then I'll hit the road!

We should definitely meet at halftime as well!

See you guys in a bit!
i nu that 1% chance was miti strong for u. :D