PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville's Home Domination -- Uh-Oh, Burnet!

Ozzy
09-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Gatesville hasn't lost at home in 4 years. Burnet is a mediocre road team. Could this be the 2nd week in a row an AP #1 goes down? LaShon Thayer is a hoss. Can Burnet's undersized defense stop him? Burnet's running game is suspect. Can McGee pass on an 8-man coverage? I guess we'll find out Friday night. Right now, it's too close to call.

RBARKER
09-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Ozzy, did you not see what Burnet did to 4A Reagan last week? If Burnet can power over that team like they did 47-0, then sorry Gatesville you record was a good one but its over. Burnet by 21.

JCM
09-02-2003, 03:16 PM
The Gatesville game plan is obvious; keep the ball away from the Burnet offense. Mr. Thayer may be the man to execute the plan. There will be a lot of pressure on the Burnet DL and LBs. Can they stop Mr. Thayer? Friday night we will all know the answer.

pirateman98
09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
I do agree with RBARKER. Burnet is a force to be reckened with. I don't see anyone stopping them on their road to another state title game. I know I am looking a little too far ahead but I just don't see it happening. Not even my beloved Sinton Pirates will stop them. I say
Burnet by 42. It will be a blow out, sorry:(!!!

HotDawg89
09-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha LOL!! hahahahahahahahaha!

Are you serious? Hey friend, anything can happen, I'm the official pessimist- but not that. Mediocre Road Team? I believe we beat everyone last year up until the last game...so where did you get that? I'm figuring you are only trying to ruffle a few feathers, so I am going to laugh at you some more now. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

pirateman98
09-02-2003, 08:29 PM
We all have our own views and I respect that. That's was the way they were last season. They have all there weapons ready and they are going to be unstoppable. I am not even a Burnet fan I just respect them as a team. They might not win by 42 but they will win by more than three touchdown's. And then again I don't know nothing of Gatesville so I could be wrong. Until I see it other ways, then it's Burnet in a blow out!!!!!!

HotDawg89
09-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Let's not forget that Burnet was able to stop LaShon Thayer last year... and, in your opinion, our defensive line may not be as "big" as they were last year, but they held Austin Reagan pretty darn well!

Keith7
09-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Gatesville should change their name.. it looks too much like Gainesville

sinton66
09-02-2003, 08:55 PM
pirateman98, you could be closer to right than you think. wink

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

SWTdawg
09-02-2003, 10:24 PM
WOW!!!
I can't believe what I am hearing. I am a die hard Burnet fan so I might be a little biased but even the fact that you aren't giving any respect to the number one team in the state blows my mind.

That alone is reason enough for you guys to get beat severely. Come to think of it that is exactly what Reagan was thinking both this and last year and you saw what happened to them. All I can say is put some more seats on the visitors side because come Friday night...

Gatesville is going to turn into Bulldog Country.

sinton66
09-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, maybe Ozzy doesn't like Gatesville too much. Could this be a setup?

pirateman98
09-03-2003, 04:03 AM
Can someone from Burnet tell me how to get to Gatesville from Austin. I want to see how bad you guys blow them out and plus I think you guys have great fan's. I will be wearing my Pirate t-shirt to show that I support you guy's 100%, unless you play Sinton of course! :)

<small>[ September 03, 2003, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: pirateman98 ]</small>

BIG19
09-03-2003, 07:07 AM
pirateman98:
Can someone from Burnet tell me how to get to Gatesville from Austin. I want to see how bad you guys blow them out and plus I think you guys have great fan's. I will be wearing my Pirate t-shirt to show that I support you guy's 100%, unless you play Sinton of course! :) Take I35 to Temple. Left on 36 to Gatesville. Or you can go to Burnet and follow the caravan out of town. Suggestion though, get there as early as you can. Burnet is travelling lots of people!

sinton66
09-03-2003, 07:27 AM
We're behind you Dawgs! Show 'em how football is played in R4. Best of luck and I'm praying for no injuries. wink

JCM
09-03-2003, 07:57 AM
LaShon Thayer put 195 yds on Burnet last year and it was a close game for three quarters. Gatesville is not an easy place to play for the visiting team. Visitors can expect no favors from the officials or the clock operator. I hope the Dawgs are ready for the hostile environment.

Ozzy
09-03-2003, 08:04 AM
JCM

That's what I'm saying. Gatesville hasn't lost at home in 4 years for many reasons. They have a 15-0 State Championship trophy to go along with it. Gatesville can play. The community support is great. It will be a great game to watch. I can't wait!

<small>[ September 03, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Ozzy ]</small>

dab
09-03-2003, 08:31 AM
HotDawg89:
Let's not forget that Burnet was able to stop LaShon Thayer last year... and, in your opinion, our defensive line may not be as "big" as they were last year, but they held Austin Reagan pretty darn well!Thayer had 196 yards and two touchdowns. I wouldn't exactly call that stopping the kid.
I give Burnet plenty of credit and know they are playing better than anyone in the state---but there is that chance that they could catch the Hornets playing at the top of their game. Then watch out!!!

Hazben
09-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Well im not the biggest Burnet Fan.. but i must say Gatesville will have their hands full when burnet plays. the pass and run is hard to beat.

BIG19
09-03-2003, 12:11 PM
I am going to take the chicken way out and not make a prediction on the score. What I will say is that it will be a great game with 2 very good programs going head to head. Best of luck to all who are playing.

BTW, how big is the stadium in Gatesville? Approx how many does it seat/hold? Reported that Burnet had over 8000 last week and I would almost bet that this week.

beefy
09-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Gatesville will give the Burnet boys all they can stomach. It's a little thing called tradition and the hornets have it. I think Burnet will win the game but the Hormets will leave their mark and if they catch Burnet flat they can beat them.

Swarm 51
09-04-2003, 01:01 AM
BIG19:
I am going to take the chicken way out and not make a prediction on the score. What I will say is that it will be a great game with 2 very good programs going head to head. Best of luck to all who are playing.

BTW, how big is the stadium in Gatesville? Approx how many does it seat/hold? Reported that Burnet had over 8000 last week and I would almost bet that this week.

Swarm 51
09-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Big 19, in answer to your question about seating at the Hornet game, the vistor's side holds about 1500 and that includes seating for the visting band members.

espn1
09-04-2003, 07:52 AM
Looks like I'll be heading out early.

Jerry10ydCurl
09-04-2003, 10:44 AM
On the topic of stopping Lashon Thayer:

Let's not forget that Burnet had two new LB's and two Sophmore D-Lineman playing in the middle. That is where Gatesville got most of their yards

BIG19
09-04-2003, 01:56 PM
espn1:
Looks like I'll be heading out early.That makes 2 of us. Will just hate to have to leave work early.... Quite a drive from the San Antonio area, but well worth it!