PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs. Sinton in 2008

TexanFan4Life
11-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Is there any way these four teams could schedule non-district games next season? I'd be really interested to see this.

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 11:56 PM
liberty hill has played cuero the last 2 years during the regular season, i have no idea if anyone is trying to set it up again though?

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
liberty hill has played cuero the last 2 years during the regular season, i have no idea if anyone is trying to set it up again though?

Okay nevermind about Cuero/LH then. I wasn't sure if they played year to year or not. The Sealy/Sinton matchup would be interesting though.

District303aPastPlayer
11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Okay nevermind about Cuero/LH then. I wasn't sure if they played year to year or not. The Sealy/Sinton matchup would be interesting though.

Former sinton coach vs current sinton program

piratebg
11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Former coach would get the last laugh too.

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Exactly why it'd be interesting. And from what p4s tells me, Tom Allen will have those Sinton boys ready next season.

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Exactly why it'd be interesting. And from what p4s tells me, Tom Allen will have those Sinton boys ready next season. :thumbsup: Yup! :) Let's schedule it for the 4th non district game though! :D

44INAROW
11-28-2007, 12:23 AM
The LH vs Cuero "series" started last year. We played @ Buda stadium during the playoffs in 2005 and then in the pre-season in Cuero in 2006 and in LH in 2007. If I get an opportunity tomorrow night at Booster Club, I'll ask Coach Reeve if he and Coach Vance are receptive to "renewing" the pre-season games with Cuero and LH for the 2008 and 2009 season. I expect LH will run into the problem with teams NOT wanting to put LH on their schedule due to LH's success. Happens alot to successful teams. It becomes hard to find pre-seaon games within a 100 mile radius. But, the way for teams to get better/continue to improve, is to play "top-notch" teams and I don't think there is any doubt LH is a "top notch" team (whether one agrees they are a "dynasty or not" is beside the point)
I for one, hope we continue to play each other. Cuero had been playing Sealy in the pre-district for the last 4 or 6 years, but the last 2 years, we haven't played. Now that it looks like Coach Mitchell has the Tigers headed in the right direction, maybe he'd be receptive to schedule Cuero or Sinton on the 08/09 schedule. If distance would be a problem, maybe Sinton and Sealy could play in Cuero on a Thursday or Saturday night early in the pre-season.. Now that would be a great atmosphere and sure to draw a nice size crowd. Victoria Memorial would be the logical place for those two to play, but price would be a deterrent (sp)

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
The LH vs Cuero "series" started last year. We played @ Buda stadium during the playoffs in 2005 and then in the pre-season in Cuero in 2006 and in LH in 2007. If I get an opportunity tomorrow night at Booster Club, I'll ask Coach Reeve if he and Coach Vance are receptive to "renewing" the pre-season games with Cuero and LH for the 2008 and 2009 season. I expect LH will run into the problem with teams NOT wanting to put LH on their schedule due to LH's success. Happens alot to successful teams. It becomes hard to find pre-seaon games within a 100 mile radius. But, the way for teams to get better/continue to improve, is to play "top-notch" teams and I don't think there is any doubt LH is a "top notch" team (whether one agrees they are a "dynasty or not" is beside the point)
I for one, hope we continue to play each other. Cuero had been playing Sealy in the pre-district for the last 4 or 6 years, but the last 2 years, we haven't played. Now that it looks like Coach Mitchell has the Tigers headed in the right direction, maybe he'd be receptive to schedule Cuero or Sinton on the 08/09 schedule. If distance would be a problem, maybe Sinton and Sealy could play in Cuero on a Thursday or Saturday night early in the pre-season.. Now that would be a great atmosphere and sure to draw a nice size crowd. Victoria Memorial would be the logical place for those two to play, but price would be a deterrent (sp)

Does anyone know if Cuero is losing a lot of key pieces off this season's team? I don't want us to play the 'watered down' version of any team. lol. I also want to see how Dexter Downey does as our featured back next season against a top ranked team. That kid's definitely going to do some special things in his time with the Tigers.

FrmSTx
11-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thumbsup: Yup! :) Let's schedule it for the 4th non district game though! :D

You dont want that... really, you dont.

FrmSTx
11-28-2007, 12:30 AM
I still love ya, though;)

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
hahaha i might not be here so it's all good!!! :D :D

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
I still love ya, though;)

how could you not? c'mon now...:p :p

oh and texanfan4life - your mailbox is FULL!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Sinton will rebound next year, so sure start stacking the schedule with good teams ;)

44INAROW
11-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Does anyone know if Cuero is losing a lot of key pieces off this season's team? I don't want us to play the 'watered down' version of any team. lol. I also want to see how Dexter Downey does as our featured back next season against a top ranked team. That kid's definitely going to do some special things in his time with the Tigers.

Cuero has quite a few Juniors on the team now and the QB is a Sophomore. We certainly have some key players that are Seniors (I hate to single out players because if you mention one but not another it "starts mess" lol, but you can look at the roster on gobblersports.com) Our QB is a sophomore, as well as a few others. The Freshman and JV teams were very successful this year and there are at least 2 really good RBs from the Freshman team that I expect will make some noise next year. Some of the Juniors played on the JV this year (they would be starting on alot of other varsity teams but rather than stand on the sidelines on Varsity, they opted to play JV and get time on the field instead of the sidelines, gotta admire those kids) They gained valuable playing time experience that will certainly help them next year on Varsity. I'd say graduation will do some damage (as it does for 99% of the teams in the state) and we obviously will miss them ALOT - but it seems someone from Freshman or JV always steps up to the plate.

Having a Sophmore QB is a nice situation for sure. Our QB had some huge shoes to fill this year (Kyle, last year's QB) was a great QB and just a good all around athelete, and stepping into his shoes was a big job for Tyler, and I think he's done a tremendous job, under alot of pressure (considering he didn't play but about 5 of his Freshman year games due to an injury - it's really remarkable)

But to answer your orginal question, yes, Cuero will be losing some "key players" but hopefully, we can reload and continue the tradition.........

GO MEAN GREEN ;)

State_In_08
11-28-2007, 01:04 AM
I'd like to see a Sealy-Sinton matchup... I might travel down the road a little bit to see it if it was played in Sealy.

TexanFan4Life
11-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero has quite a few Juniors on the team now and the QB is a Sophomore. We certainly have some key players that are Seniors (I hate to single out players because if you mention one but not another it "starts mess" lol, but you can look at the roster on gobblersports.com) Our QB is a sophomore, as well as a few others. The Freshman and JV teams were very successful this year and there are at least 2 really good RBs from the Freshman team that I expect will make some noise next year. Some of the Juniors played on the JV this year (they would be starting on alot of other varsity teams but rather than stand on the sidelines on Varsity, they opted to play JV and get time on the field instead of the sidelines, gotta admire those kids) They gained valuable playing time experience that will certainly help them next year on Varsity. I'd say graduation will do some damage (as it does for 99% of the teams in the state) and we obviously will miss them ALOT - but it seems someone from Freshman or JV always steps up to the plate.

Having a Sophmore QB is a nice situation for sure. Our QB had some huge shoes to fill this year (Kyle, last year's QB) was a great QB and just a good all around athelete, and stepping into his shoes was a big job for Tyler, and I think he's done a tremendous job, under alot of pressure (considering he didn't play but about 5 of his Freshman year games due to an injury - it's really remarkable)

But to answer your orginal question, yes, Cuero will be losing some "key players" but hopefully, we can reload and continue the tradition.........

GO MEAN GREEN ;)

Good deal, because we're loaded with underclassmen that will be ready to go next season. I hope Sealy/Cuero can resume their meetings very shortly...

FrmSTx
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
me too! I may be the person that wants to see this the most!!!!!!

FrmSTx
11-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahaha i might not be here so it's all good!!! :D :D

whats this nonsense?

crabman
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
You are not going to believe this but this was supposed to be a "down" year for Cuero. Three great years in a row followed up by a sophomore quarterback and an untested line. Things have just kind of gotten better and better as the year went on. Everyone has exceeded expectations. Tyler is the #1 rated QB in the state in all classifications (Maxpreps.com) Who could have expected that?

Next year should be pretty good. Well over half of our linemen will be back. We lose both defensive ends, Kaeron Johnson (Texas State) and Stephon Hargrove (runner up in state at 100 meters as a soph. 10.56 for a DE) and our tailback/wide receiver Quincy Whittington. We have other DE's and we have run 5 running backs this year. Our leading wide receiver is Robert Armstrong and he is just a junior.

I think we will be right back knocking on the door to the semi's next year again.

Old Green
11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by crabman
You are not going to believe this but this was supposed to be a "down" year for Cuero. Three great years in a row followed up by a sophomore quarterback and an untested line. Things have just kind of gotten better and better as the year went on. Everyone has exceeded expectations. Tyler is the #1 rated QB in the state in all classifications (Maxpreps.com) Who could have expected that?

Next year should be pretty good. Well over half of our linemen will be back. We lose both defensive ends, Kaeron Johnson (Texas State) and Stephon Hargrove (runner up in state at 100 meters as a soph. 10.56 for a DE) and our tailback/wide receiver Quincy Whittington. We have other DE's and we have run 5 running backs this year. Our leading wide receiver is Robert Armstrong and he is just a junior.

I think we will be right back knocking on the door to the semi's next year again. This definitely was suppose to be a down year. These young players have exceeded expectations.