PDA

View Full Version : Will Mike Leach go to Arkansas

Snydertigersrul
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey, what do you think? I know that the new AD and Leach were at Oklahoma at the same time. Maybe Mcfadden will stay if they get an offensive-minded coach.

CelinaCatFan
11-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Not sure about Leach going to Arkansas. But, there is no way McFadden stays another year. Expect him to be the #1 pick next April (probably going to the Dolphins).

Gobbla2001
11-27-2007, 08:05 PM
I doubt McFadden would stay if Leach came in... Leach throws the rock, doesn't let people carry it...

g$$
11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
McFadden is long gone. And Leach to UCLA is the hot rumor.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Not sure about Leach going to Arkansas. But, there is no way McFadden stays another year. Expect him to be the #1 pick next April (probably going to the Dolphins). Doubt it. Injuries have hurt the Dolphins at that position they are set there(Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown).

If anything dolphins will go offensive line or maybe defense

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Doubt it. Injuries have hurt the Dolphins at that position they are set there(Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown).

I can't really think that Williams' injury HURT the Dolphins. He had been back, what.....all of 30 minutes? :doh:

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I can't really think that Williams' injury HURT the Dolphins. He had been back, what.....all of 30 minutes? :doh: Was talking about Ronnie.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Was talking about Ronnie.
Then you should've left Ricky off. :D

g$$
11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Then you should've left Ricky off. :D

Exactly. Ricky is done & will never be a featured back again. They were just playing him out of necessity & to hopefully trade him away. Brown is their guy when he comes back.

Not to mention old by RB standards, you can't count on him.

Heisman year of 1998 is a LONG time ago.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Exactly. Ricky is done & will never be a featured back again. They were just playing him out of necessity & to hopefully trade him away. Brown is their guy when he comes back.

Not to mention old by RB standards, you can't count on him.

Heisman year of 1998 is a LONG time ago. Brown isn't good by himself. In the NFL it's good to have two backs that seems to be the way to go now days. They are a good compliment to one another.

JJ7997
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Whoever gets the guy will surely have something to be proud of . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

charlesrixey
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Not sure about Leach going to Arkansas. But, there is no way McFadden stays another year. Expect him to be the #1 pick next April (probably going to the Dolphins).

why? the dolphins have ricky williams!

;)

g$$
11-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Brown isn't good by himself. In the NFL it's good to have two backs that seems to be the way to go now days. They are a good compliment to one another.

True, but they have many other needs too. I don't know but probably not Miami for McFadden. Don't see them using 2 top 5 picks on RBs in a 3 year span.

TexanFan4Life
11-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Maybe Mcfadden will stay if they get an offensive-minded coach.

:thinking: That will not happen.

SUPERMANN5107
11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Dolphins won't take McFadden. They've got Ronnie Brown and he'll be alright. They need to go defense, maybe Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey. Or if James Laurinaitis comes out early, he may be a steal. They can sign a decent number 2 back in free agency or draft one in the later rounds

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 11:27 PM
back on topic now lol do people seriously think leach would leave?
i said about 3 weeks ago that i would not be surprised to see a new coach in lubbock next year, i didnt think it would mean him leaving for another job though :thinking:

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Miami (which is my team, sad to say) will likely trade down for more picks and to get some more talent. That D is aging, they don't have any receivers, and the O-Line needs an upgrade.

Basically, they need help everywhere, and McFadden will help them at the one spot they don't need.

This has been a terrible year for me in the NFL. The 'Fins are my favorite team and the Pats are my least favorite.

Adidas410s
11-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
back on topic now lol do people seriously think leach would leave?
i said about 3 weeks ago that i would not be surprised to see a new coach in lubbock next year, i didnt think it would mean him leaving for another job though :thinking:
They aren't going to fire Leach in Lubbock...so how else would they get a new coach unless Leach somehow roller bladed out in front of a car???

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Dolphins probably take Glen Dorsey

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I think the Dolphins will take a big playmaking WR. Their defense is not that bad and they can fill holes through free agency and second, third, and fourth round picks. There only chance to turn it around next year is to find some offensive weapons and put more points up. Ronnie Brown will be back and Chatman is a quality backup. They are in the presence of evaluating Beck as the QB of the future. If they do not feel that he is going to be the man, look for them to use the first pick on a QB. If Beck is going to be the man, look for them to use the first pick as trade bait to trade down a few spots and pick up another first round pick and take a WR.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I think the Dolphins will take a big playmaking WR. Their defense is not that bad and they can fill holes through free agency and second, third, and fourth round picks. There only chance to turn it around next year is to find some offensive weapons and put more points up. Ronnie Brown will be back and Chatman is a quality backup. They are in the presence of evaluating Beck as the QB of the future. If they do not feel that he is going to be the man, look for them to use the first pick on a QB. If Beck is going to be the man, look for them to use the first pick as trade bait to trade down a few spots and pick up another first round pick and take a WR. They took Ginn last year with their first pick. Beck is going to be good.

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
They took Ginn last year with their first pick. Beck is going to be good.

Yes, but they traded Chambers to SD, opening up some cap room and a spot for a young big timer. Ginn will be a great compliment WR at best, much like a Terry Glenn compliment tandum to TO. Without another big time threat a WR, Ginn will not be very effective.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes, but they traded Chambers to SD, opening up some cap room and a spot for a young big timer. Ginn will be a great compliment WR at best, much like a Terry Glenn compliment tandum to TO. Without another big time threat a WR, Ginn will not be very effective. They took Ginn because of his playmaking ability at receiver and return man.

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
They took Ginn because of his playmaking ability at receiver and return man.

Not argueing that point, in fact it is a very true statement. But without another big time WR on the other side, his big time playmaking ability is less effective. He is a vertical threat, not a possession reciever, much like Terry Glenn. They need someone to draw some serious attention away from Ginn to open up some space. He's a popcorn fart of a man with great speed, but he's not going make his living catching 7-10 balls a game going across the middle. That's what they need and thats what they don't have.

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Here are some Big Time WR that the Dophins will have to choose from at the top of the first round, if they trade the overall pick for an extra first round pick and move down several spots.

Limas Sweed 6'5 219 Texas
Adarius Bowman 6'4 220 Okla St.
Aaron Kelly 6'5 190 Clemson

It's just my opinion but this is what the Dophins need more than anything to go along with Ginn.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Here are some Big Time WR that the Dophins will have to choose from at the top of the first round, if they trade the overall pick for an extra first round pick and move down several spots.

Limas Sweed 6'5 219 Texas
Adarius Bowman 6'4 220 Okla St.
Aaron Kelly 6'5 190 Clemson

It's just my opinion but this is what the Dophins need more than anything to go along with Ginn. They need to add youth on defense

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
They need to add youth on defense

Those kind of players are always available in the second, third, and fourth........ rounds.

Old Tiger
11-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Those kind of players are always available in the second, third, and fourth........ rounds. So are big WR's

westtxfballfan
11-28-2007, 12:36 PM
I keep checking this thread when it pops to the top to check the latest "news" on Mike Leach leaving only to see more Dolphins draft suggestions. The thread shoulda been Will Mike Leach go to Arkansas, and what can the Dolphins do to avoid going O-fer two years in a row?

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 12:41 PM
So are big WR's

Your probably one of those guys that would have advised Jimmy Johnson to take a Defensive player with the first overall pick when the Cowboys where 1-15, instead of trading the overall first pick along with Heshel Walker and moving down a couple of spots, while loading up on high draft picks and taking some big time offensive playmakers but I guess Jimmy didn't know what he was doing. :thinking:

Texasfootball2
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
I keep checking this thread when it pops to the top to check the latest "news" on Mike Leach leaving only to see more Dolphins draft suggestions. The thread shoulda been Will Mike Leach go to Arkansas, and what can the Dolphins do to avoid going O-fer two years in a row?

Your right, we need to get back on task here, but the topic of the Dolphins came up when some said Leach would take the Arkansas job because MaFadden was going to be the first player taken in the draft by the Dophins.