PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Files Complaint Over "Todd Graham's Inferno"

kepdawg
11-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Nov. 27, 2007, 11:27AM
Tulsa files complaint with C-USA over Rice halftime show

Associated Press

TULSA, Okla. — Tulsa has filed a formal complaint with Conference USA over the Rice marching band's performance of "Todd Graham's Inferno" during halftime of Saturday's football game in Houston.

Graham left Rice for Tulsa after just one season. His Golden Hurricane defeated Rice 48-43 to win the C-USA West Division title. Tulsa plays Central Florida for the conference championship Saturday.

The band's show depicted a search for the former Owls coach through different circles of Hell — based on Dante's "Divine Comedy."

The Tulsa World reported Tuesday that the show ended by calling Graham an offensive name over the public address system.

"We filed a formal complaint with the conference and that's where it stands now," Tulsa athletic director Bubba Cunningham said. "I talked to their AD (Chris Del Conte) this morning. Our conversation was very cordial and he said to do what we thought was appropriate."

Cunningham said sportsmanship has been a point of emphasis in C-USA.

"When we don't meet those standards, we need to look at ourselves as a league and find how we can make that experience better," he said.

LINK (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/5332179.html)

44INAROW
11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
so does anyone have the video of the halftime performance?

buff4life
11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
WAAAA!!! :crying: :crying: I bet it was still funny

JasperDog94
11-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Add Tulsa to the list of people that the Rice band has pi$$ed off. But I too bet it was funny. It's a whole different story if they called him a derogatory name though.

c-town_balla
11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
its MOB its funny Tulsa needs to grow up

c-town_balla
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
here is what was said....I would think calling him a " douchebag" is a little high schoolish....but its fairly funny and no reason to get mad

Tulsa vs. Rice
November 24, 2007
"Todd Graham's Inferno"
Introduction

Announcer:
The MOB decided it was high time to give Todd Graham a piece of our mind. We searched high and low, asking "Where the hell is Todd Graham?" Lucky for us, we found Dante, wandering in a dark wood, who told us we should be asking: "Where in Hell is Todd Graham?"

2nd Circle: Your Mom
Announcer:
We knew he wasn't in Limbo (since he had no spine), so we started our search in the second circle of Hell. We didn't find Todd Graham among the adulterers, but your mom suggested we go lower.

4th Circle: Franchione in Hell
Announcer:
We thought we might find Todd Graham in the fourth circle with the greedy and the avaricious, but he was nowhere to be found. However, we did find his shredded Rice contract — leading like breadcrumbs into the inferno — and there, gathering the pieces, was Dennis Franchione.

8th Circle: A River (of poo) Runs Through It
Announcer:
Since he had made all those pretty speeches about how much he loved Rice and would never, ever leave, we were sure to find Todd Graham with the flatterers in the eighth circle, wallowing in donkey dung. But the damned said they'd had enough of his B.S.

Tulsa: Damnation

Announcer:
And lo, The MOB descended to the ninth circle of Hell — home of traitors and the Prince of Lies. Yet, of Todd Graham, there still was no sign. Cautiously, we approached Satan to inquire.

Demon:
Todd Graham?! That oaf knows better than to hope for the sweet release of my ninth circle.

Announcer:
We thought him scum, to be sure, but did he deserve an eternity beyond Hell's greatest depths?

Demon:
If you wish to see his fate... come.

Announcer:
A twisted path led down to a door, blackened by flame, inscribed with three frightful words: Welcome. To. Tulsa.

Closing
Announcer:
You know, that reminds me of a joke: A priest, a nun, and a rabbi walk into a bar. Now, I forgot how the rest of it went, but I think in the end Todd Graham is a douchebag.

Ladies and gentlemen, the two-thousand seven Marching Owl Band. Please send all complaints to: your mom at mob dot rice dot E-D-U.

crzyjournalist03
11-27-2007, 05:28 PM
wow...that is quite off-color...

Emerson1
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
The above with pictures

http://mob.rice.edu/history/scripts/2007/Nov24_Tulsa.shtml

Maroon87
11-27-2007, 06:52 PM
The Rice band is known for that kind of stuff. That's probably the only reason anyone goes to a Rice game.

VAMike
11-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Bands are subject to the rules so I suppose they could have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Would have definitely created some controversy. I know if a Rice player on the field ran by the Tusa bench and called the coach the same thing the band did he woukd have been flagged.

44INAROW
11-28-2007, 12:03 AM
One son of the owners of the company I work for, plays in "the Mob" I am curious what she thinks about this...:D

JR2004
11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
That's pretty funny to be honest. Tulsa had to know something like this was coming.

Astrosdawg07
11-28-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
That's pretty funny to be honest. Tulsa had to know something like this was coming.
I would have thought by now this would be on YouTube...