PDA

View Full Version : A scary trend

eagles_victory
11-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Sean Taylor is the first athlete to die from someone breaking into his home. But I can at least think of a few other occasions where athletes were held hostage in their own home. I know Antown Walker and Dunta Robinson had it happen to them. I also think that it happened to another NBA player i want to say Eddie Curry but im not sure.

It seems like professional athletes seem to be getting targeted a lot for home invasions. I think it is because athletes have a lot of expensive jewelry and other things that are held in high regards by people on the streets. Whatever it is it is truly sad to see it happening

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2007, 02:23 PM
The Taylor incident does not look like a break in..A knife was left on his bed a week ago

this was a targeted attack..OR the GF is lying

eagles_victory
11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Taylor incident does not look like a break in..A knife was left on his bed a week ago

this was a targeted attack..OR the GF is lying i totally agree with that there is no telling what actually happened.

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I think it's more the people they surround themselves with than
it is who they are.

You don't here about this kinda stuff happening to the Grant
Hills or the Tim Duncans of the sports world.:thinking:

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
it is who they are.

Hills or the Tim Duncans of the sports world.:thinking: That's opening up a whole other can of worms.

rockdale80
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
it is who they are.

Hills or the Tim Duncans of the sports world.:thinking:

HERE OR HEAR? :confused: ;)

WylieBulldog92
11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Case Keenum...although not a professional athlete was I think held at gunpoint at some point during the summer right outside of his car I think, and the guy took his cell phone and something else I can't remember.

zebrablue2
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
could happen to anyone, anywhere. if I were these guys, I would have a fenced yard with some mean butt dogs on patrol. too bad the world has to be like it is.

RedWhiteBlue
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately, we are living in very different times with a different younger generation- some of which have very little value for life, freedom, family, etc. It is not just the younger famous athletes that are the targets it is everyone. I don't mean to seem like Debbie Downer, but I work with kids everyday and have for a while and their are some very scary things going on in the younger generation that went on before, but not at the prevalence and at the violent rate it is happening now. Females are also becoming highly involved in crime at a younger age.
We just hear about the athletes and such because they are 'famous'......
Just my 2 pennies worth.....

STANG RED
11-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Case Keenum...although not a professional athlete was I think held at gunpoint at some point during the summer right outside of his car I think, and the guy took his cell phone and something else I can't remember.

Thats Houston for ya. You couldnt give me the whole dang place.

Gobbla2001
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
it's no trend, it happens to people all of the time... just because a handful of athletes have it happen to them recently doesn't mean it's a trend... you hear about it all of the time, long before this year... whether someone stole their vehicle, hit 'em in a bar... doesn't matter... you're gunna hear about it because they're famous...

there are how many pro athletes in this country? how many crimes against them? there's no trend, bad people are bad people no matter who they're being bad against...

and I don't think it makes it any more "scarier" just because they're athletes... that's stupid... it's scary no matter who it involves

:rolleyes:

big daddy russ
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Thats Houston for ya. You couldnt give me the whole dang place.
I have to live here. I feel you.

And I'm in the 'Burbs with Sam McGuffie, soccer moms, and Tom Hanks.

eagles_victory
11-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
it's no trend, it happens to people all of the time... just because a handful of athletes have it happen to them recently doesn't mean it's a trend... you hear about it all of the time, long before this year... whether someone stole their vehicle, hit 'em in a bar... doesn't matter... you're gunna hear about it because they're famous...

there are how many pro athletes in this country? how many crimes against them? there's no trend, bad people are bad people no matter who they're being bad against...

and I don't think it makes it any more "scarier" just because they're athletes... that's stupid... it's scary no matter who it involves

:rolleyes: i dont say it was scarier bc it happened to athletes i just said it was scary because it happened in general. Dont rape my words into something you can complain about