PDA

View Full Version : didn't mama tell you not to play with deer antlers...

jason
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
LINK (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22830541-5003402,00.html)

A FIVE-year-old American boy who pulled out a deer antler that had gone through his eye socket and into his brain has made a full recovery.

Connor Schick was holidaying with his family in Utah when he fell over and a deer antler he was carrying narrowly missed his eye while penetrating deep into the socket.

US television station ABC4 reported that Connor had found the antler while on a fishing trip, and was running back to his family when the incident occurred several months ago.

His mother, Melissa Schick, told the broadcaster that the antler drove into Connor’s brain, leaving a “gaping hole” that became infected.

"My biggest panic (was) 'is my baby is going to lose eyesight in his eye'?” Ms Schick told ABC4 News.

She said doctors at Primary Children’s Medical Centre managed to get rid of the infection with heavy doses of antibiotics and saved his sight.

"Everybody knew him at Primary Children's as 'The Deer Antler kid' because it was one of those things that doesn't happen," Ms Schick said.

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by jason
[BHis mother, Melissa Schick, told the broadcaster that the antler drove into Connor’s brain, leaving a “gaping hole” that became infected.

"My biggest panic (was) 'is my baby is going to lose eyesight in his eye'?” Ms Schick told ABC4 News.
[/B]

wouldnt you be worried about his loss of life? eyesight is a horrible loss in itself, but i just found it funny. A antler going very near your brain is LIFE threatening IMO

rockdale80
11-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jason
LINK (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22830541-5003402,00.html)

A FIVE-year-old American boy who pulled out a deer antler that had gone through his eye socket and into his brain has made a full recovery.

Connor Schick was holidaying with his family in Utah when he fell over and a deer antler he was carrying narrowly missed his eye while penetrating deep into the socket.

US television station ABC4 reported that Connor had found the antler while on a fishing trip, and was running back to his family when the incident occurred several months ago.

His mother, Melissa Schick, told the broadcaster that the antler drove into Connor’s brain, leaving a “gaping hole” that became infected.

She said doctors at Primary Children’s Medical Centre managed to get rid of the infection with heavy doses of antibiotics and saved his sight.

"Everybody knew him at Primary Children's as 'The Deer Antler kid' because it was one of those things that doesn't happen," Ms Schick said.

Makes me think of Jack Handy:

"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

or

Most people don’t realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer.