PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Sean Taylor (Redskins) dies...(merged)

g$$
11-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Just got up & ESPN is reporting Sean Taylor (University of Miami/Redskins) is dead from gunshot wound to leg that caused massive bleeding. I think it was his femoral artery & they thought he was doing better but then took turn for the worst & never regained consciousness.

Reported to be a home burglary in Miami. He had gone home after Sunday's game to see girlfriend & child. Sad deal. I think he was 24 years old.

big daddy russ
11-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Sad news. Was on his way to becoming one of the all-time greats. Prayers to his family and loved ones.

3afan
11-27-2007, 06:43 AM
sad ... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406)

bobcat1
11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Wow. That is sad.

piratebg
11-27-2007, 07:07 AM
A very sad day in the NFL. Only 24 and he leaves a 1yr old daughter behind. RIP

KingRob
11-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Read in the news he surprised burglars at his house. Shot in the leg, massive blood loss, never regained conscious.

No one is guaranteed tomorrow.:(

g$$
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Funny sig Russ.

Anybody know how to merge the 2 Sean Taylor threads together?

STANG RED
11-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I was shocked when I heard this this morning. Last I heard last night, there were some encouraging signs. He was responding to some voice commands said one report. Wow, you just dont think of someone losing their life after being shot in the leg. I just assumed that eventually he would be alright. Very sad indeed.

g$$
11-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Femoral artery, massive bleeding is what I heard on tv. Lost too much blood & never regained consciousness. Very sad & only 24.

JR2004
11-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I was shocked when I heard this this morning. Last I heard last night, there were some encouraging signs. He was responding to some voice commands said one report. Wow, you just dont think of someone losing their life after being shot in the leg. I just assumed that eventually he would be alright. Very sad indeed.

I thought he'd be okay as well. I got woke up about 45 minutes ago by a Cowboys fan who wanted to call and see if I knew since I'm a Redskins fan.

Really, really sad to see this happen.

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 08:46 AM
I figured he would make it...

Daddy D 11
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
wow, thats horrible.

wimbo_pro
11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
there is something fishy about this story. I dunno what it is, but I think we havent heard the full story.

Prayers to his family and friends.

crzyjournalist03
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
there is something fishy about this story. I dunno what it is, but I think we havent heard the full story.

Prayers to his family and friends.

Police said that his house had been broken into about two weeks ago. Yesterday, when they arrived at his house, they found that phone lines had been cut...whoever did this horrible thing clearly knew what they were doing.

I pray our justice system finds the loser who committed this heinous act.

As a Cowboys fan, I loved to hate Taylor...he was truly an elite player in the NFL, and he'll be dearly missed.

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I was shocked when I heard this this morning. Last I heard last night, there were some encouraging signs. He was responding to some voice commands said one report.

Same for me. It's terribly sad for his family, teammates & friends. :(

I heard one report say something about they had had another break-in 7 days prior and that a knife was left on his bed with the phone lines cut? :confused: What the heck was going on?? I'm afraid we may never know the full story.

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Yeah, I was hearing the same things, and then I heard that he died. It really sucks that this happened because of how young this guy is. He hardly got to live his life at all.

Phil C
11-27-2007, 10:17 AM
This is very sad news. RIP Mr. Taylor. :(

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
They get in trouble for having guns by the league and now this happens and it makes you think maybe some of them should carry guns. There are some crazy people out there truly sad.

lion75
11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Prayers to his family and friends. I agree. Something seems wrong with this. Did he have any kind of security besides a machette?

themsu97
11-27-2007, 02:19 PM
They get in trouble for having guns by the league and now this happens and it makes you think maybe some of them should carry guns. There are some crazy people out there truly sad.

hold on here cowboy, big difference between owning a gun and having an arsenal like Tank Johnson had...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

hold on here cowboy, big difference between owning a gun and having an arsenal like Tank Johnson had...

I see nothing wrong with having firearms for the use of recreation and protection and everyone should have that right regardless of what profession that they're in.

themsu97
11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
i agree... I am just saying that owning a firearm to protect yourself is way different than what Tank was in trouble for... which as far as my knowledge serves me, the only case of discipline for owning weapons in the NFL

kepdawg
11-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Skins press conference on ESPN right now

SWMustang
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
i agree... I am just saying that owning a firearm to protect yourself is way different than what Tank was in trouble for... which as far as my knowledge serves me, the only case of discipline for owning weapons in the NFL

Did any of his brushes with the law leave him without the legal right to bear arms?

westtxfballfan
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Did any of his brushes with the law leave him without the legal right to bear arms?

If he was still serving that 18 month probation, then it is very likely that he was prohibited from possessing a firearm during his probation term.

It will be interesting to see where the investigation leads. One reporter yesterday said he'd been shot in the "groin" while most are saying in the upper leg. In the prior burglary (two weeks before) nothing was taken and a knife was placed on his bed. Phone lines cut this time. it doesn't sound like he surprised burglers as much as it sounds like someone with very personal ax to grind came in and shot him where it counts so to speak.

g$$
11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
If he was still serving that 18 month probation, then it is very likely that he was prohibited from possessing a firearm during his probation term.

It will be interesting to see where the investigation leads. One reporter yesterday said he'd been shot in the "groin" while most are saying in the upper leg. In the prior burglary (two weeks before) nothing was taken and a knife was placed on his bed. Phone lines cut this time. it doesn't sound like he surprised burglers as much as it sounds like someone with very personal ax to grind came in and shot him where it counts so to speak.

Femoral artery is in upper leg (femur huge bone b/t knee & hip). Massive bleeding is what did him in & that is one large artery.

RIP