11-26-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.nflbadcall.com/

Check it out.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM
we're getting screwed

piratebg
11-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I have satellite after switching from Charter 3 years ago, so I'm not worried at all. :D

Txbroadcaster
11-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I love how the cable companies want the customers to "stand" with the cable companies..It is the cable companies who want to put the NFL channel on higher paying tiers and the NFL who want it to be on the basic cable package

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 11:05 PM
dish is better

piratebg
11-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I love how the cable companies want the customers to "stand" with the cable companies..It is the cable companies who want to put the NFL channel on higher paying tiers and the NFL who want it to be on the basic cable package

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's how I see it too. I'm gonna have some free satellite for a couple of months here very soon. I've got a lot of family interested in ditching Charter in our area. We don't get TWC.

piratebg
11-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
dish is better

I used to have DirectTV, but now I have DISH. They were just a little cheaper and now I have DVR. I can't live without my DVR.

Diocletian
11-26-2007, 11:41 PM
I've had TWC for 5 months... it is the worst company i've ever had to deal with, hours on the phone, hours waiting in line at the local office, getting hung up on, getting screwed through billing

I had Grande for 2 years it was awesome and even had the NFL channel but of course when the games came on it just defaulted to some old nfl films video and placed a scroll message on the screen.

I would reccomend that anyone having to choose GO WITH DIRECTTV or DISH. i was a customer of both and you can call these guys and get all kinds of stuff for free and no wait time on the phone either. 5 years ago i signed up for direct tv and got the nfl package half price it was amazing, if i could get sat tv now i'd do it in a heart beat.

TMer25
11-27-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't really have a problem with Time Warner's stance on this matter. The Sports Tier here is $4.50 a month and i'd be willing to bet that a large number of their subscribers who would be watching the NFL Network, already subscribe to the Sports Tier. NBA TV is only available on the Sports Tier and there is no issue there.

rockdale80
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM

How so? If they put it on basic cable then everyone's rates go up whether you watch it or not. Plus its like 5 bucks a month and I already subscribe to it.

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
How so? If they put it on basic cable then everyone's rates go up whether you watch it or not. Plus its like 5 bucks a month and I already subscribe to it.

Because when Major League launches its cable channel, it WILL BE on the basic package..NFL wants the same thing

TMer25
11-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Because when Major League launches its cable channel, it WILL BE on the basic package..NFL wants the same thing \

If the NFL wants to be on the basic tier, maybe they should offer Sunday Ticket to cable operators and not just DirecTV. I know a large reason cable operators agreed to carry MLB's channel on basic packages, was so they could keep the Extra Innings package

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
\

If the NFL wants to be on the basic tier, maybe they should offer Sunday Ticket to cable operators and not just DirecTV. I know a large reason cable operators agreed to carry MLB's channel on basic packages, was so they could keep the Extra Innings package

oh i am not saying the NFL is clean thru this, i just think the cable companies are actin all innocent

I do think that the NFL ticket might being offered is what will make the deal go thru

TMer25
11-27-2007, 12:46 AM
I agree with that. It's just a screwy situation. I figure you give the cable companies Sunday Ticket, they get some money from that, and they are going to be more than happy to give you that spot on the basic package.

eagles_victory
11-27-2007, 01:03 AM
if it was the 6-5 cowboys vs the 4-7 pakcers would this be such a hot topic?

formermbcouns
11-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
if it was the 6-5 cowboys vs the 4-7 pakcers would this be such a hot topic?

Probably not. But the fact is that both teams are 10-1 and this is a huge game.

Panther One
11-27-2007, 01:25 AM
So the NFL puts these games on their network and tries to force their way into basic cable packages yet wants the fans to believe it's the cable companies fault that they can't see these games. Here's an idea, if the NFL is truly concerned about fans not seeing these games, take them off the damn NFL network and sell them to someone else for a couple of hundred million. I think it's crap that the NFL has used this tactic to try to get their way. I don't want the NFL Network and I don't want to pay for it. The 8 games aren't worth it. I'll just go the Buffalo Wild Wings.

Rabbit'93
11-27-2007, 08:25 AM
I love how the cable companies want the customers to "stand" with the cable companies..It is the cable companies who want to put the NFL channel on higher paying tiers and the NFL who want it to be on the basic cable package The simple fact is that the NFL is playing bully and TW is not giving up their lunch money. Why do you think the NFL created a network???? To make money from cable co's. that carry it. Why should grandma down the street have her rates go up because the NFL chose to take games of off broadcast and put them onto this network. They lucked into two 10-1 teams and are using it as leverage. Why not "Flex" schedule this game so more fans can see it. You would think that if Jones & Co. were thinking of the fans they would make something happen. Instead they are standing fast to passing on close to $350,000 a month to local TW customers. Believe it or not the "big bad" cable company is right in this one.

rockdale80
11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
The simple fact is that the NFL is playing bully and TW is not giving up their lunch money. Why do you think the NFL created a network???? To make money from cable co's. that carry it. Why should grandma down the street have her rates go up because the NFL chose to take games of off broadcast and put them onto this network. They lucked into two 10-1 teams and are using it as leverage. Why not "Flex" schedule this game so more fans can see it. You would think that if Jones & Co. were thinking of the fans they would make something happen. Instead they are standing fast to passing on close to $350,000 a month to local TW customers. Believe it or not the "big bad" cable company is right in this one.

Agreed. Besides the fact that it is a regional game and we should be able to watch it.

IHS Fan
11-27-2007, 10:53 AM
the NFL network wants almost 4 dollars per subscriber to be carried by cable companies and then wants on the basic tier. the cable systems can't afford to do this as it would be cost prohibitive. nfl wants to be paid for this channel but does not want the cable companies to be paid for it.
what gets me mad is Jerry Jones doing ads for Grande. it seems to me that he may be part owner of them.

c-town_balla
11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Jones is doing ads for Dish to....its because he is the head of the NFL network committe....probably why the cowboys have been on the network twice now

Johnny 5
11-27-2007, 11:11 AM
The simple fact is that the NFL is playing bully and TW is not giving up their lunch money. Why do you think the NFL created a network???? To make money from cable co's. that carry it. Why should grandma down the street have her rates go up because the NFL chose to take games of off broadcast and put them onto this network. They lucked into two 10-1 teams and are using it as leverage. Why not "Flex" schedule this game so more fans can see it. You would think that if Jones & Co. were thinking of the fans they would make something happen. Instead they are standing fast to passing on close to $350,000 a month to local TW customers. Believe it or not the "big bad" cable company is right in this one.

+1

:mad:

11TARPON
11-28-2007, 01:01 AM
The cable company is not as innocent as they lead us to believe. They also see money for them if they can charge us separately for the NFLN. They state that why should people that don't like football be forced to pay for having the NFLN on their basic plan. Well what about us that don't like all the shopping channels and many other useless channels that we are forced to have on our basic package.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
The cable company is not as innocent as they lead us to believe. They also see money for them if they can charge us separately for the NFLN. They state that why should people that don't like football be forced to pay for having the NFLN on their basic plan. Well what about us that don't like all the shopping channels and many other useless channels that we are forced to have on our basic package. Direct TV and DIsh Network has the same thing, useless channels. they both are wrong and if we want to see it, most of us will pay for it and others will find others that pay for it to see it;)

King_LeYoeNidas
11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
i just find it stupid that for us Time Warner users, TW is basically deciding for us that we can't get the NFL network. If I'm willing to pay, I should have the stupid option to do so. TW is robbing us of that right. Now I'll have to go to a bar, pay a cover for that, pay for overpriced food AND pay for alot of beer. This is totally unfair.

rockdale80
11-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
i just find it stupid that for us Time Warner users, TW is basically deciding for us that we can't get the NFL network. If I'm willing to pay, I should have the stupid option to do so. TW is robbing us of that right. Now I'll have to go to a bar, pay a cover for that, pay for overpriced food AND pay for alot of beer. This is totally unfair.

Actually they are trying to make it so that you are not paying without the option. If you dont want the NFL network then do not pay for it. If they agree to take on the NFL network as is, everyone will have to pay extra for it, instead of those that want it. I like that they are not adding additional programming to the basic package at additional cost, and appreciate the fact that I can choose instead of them choosing for me. I think its ridiculous that we are now having to pay for games that were free 10 years ago anyway. This is a regional game. 10 years ago it would have been on ABC, Fox, or NBC....at no charge to anyone.

crzyjournalist03
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
This is a regional game. 10 years ago it would have been on ABC, Fox, or NBC....at no charge to anyone.

It will be on free local television in the DFW area.

rockdale80
11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
It will be on free local television in the DFW area.

:( :(

Rabbit'93
11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by 11TARPON
The cable company is not as innocent as they lead us to believe. They also see money for them if they can charge us separately for the NFLN. They state that why should people that don't like football be forced to pay for having the NFLN on their basic plan. Well what about us that don't like all the shopping channels and many other useless channels that we are forced to have on our basic package. What you don't understand is that most of those channels on your basic tier programming is either free or or one - two cents per subscriber. That only makes sense to have those on your lowest priced package. The NFLN is trying to charge a premium for a network that only has value 1/4 of the year. As I said earlier NFLN had already inked their deals w/ Comcast, Dish, DTV at drastically lower $$ per sub. Now that they have a feature game they are trying to use that as leverage to get more $$ out of TW (as well as other cable co). TW has said put it on pay per view and all the revenue can go back to the NFL and TW won't make a dime.

Butkus
11-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Imma sure glad ole Bubba Joes got one a those dishes at tha deer camp.:D

sinton66
11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
What you don't understand is that most of those channels on your basic tier programming is either free or or one - two cents per subscriber. That only makes sense to have those on your lowest priced package. The NFLN is trying to charge a premium for a network that only has value 1/4 of the year. As I said earlier NFLN had already inked their deals w/ Comcast, Dish, DTV at drastically lower $$ per sub. Now that they have a feature game they are trying to use that as leverage to get more $$ out of TW (as well as other cable co). TW has said put it on pay per view and all the revenue can go back to the NFL and TW won't make a dime.

Biggest problem with PPV is they would eventually lose the viewers. The NFL shouldn't even consider that.

The owners and league already make a ton of money from the major networks who broadcast the games. Like everybody else (lately) in this country, the NFL is getting greedy. Ticket prices are beyond the reach of ordinary people these days. Pricing on the merchandise is higher than other comparable products.

I understand the owners have huge investments in the teams and want to make money, that's the American way, but it's getting ridiculous.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
yeah I understand what they are trying to do but in the meantime, I'm getting screwed out of this game when I AM willing to pay for it.

HOWEVER Dowlowers, there might be another option. Go to www.channelsurfing.net and they show pretty much every sporting event you can think of for free. The feeds on football games are usually very good so if you are satisfied with watching it on the small screen, check it out. I've used the site for a while and other than a broken feed from time to time, it's all good. you're welcome.

crzyjournalist03
11-28-2007, 11:47 AM
yeah I understand what they are trying to do but in the meantime, I'm getting screwed out of this game when I AM willing to pay for it.

HOWEVER Dowlowers, there might be another option. Go to www.channelsurfing.net and they show pretty much every sporting event you can think of for free. The feeds on football games are usually very good so if you are satisfied with watching it on the small screen, check it out. I've used the site for a while and other than a broken feed from time to time, it's all good. you're welcome.

is that even legal???

King_LeYoeNidas
11-28-2007, 11:55 AM
pfft.....laws

crzyjournalist03
11-28-2007, 12:01 PM
pfft.....laws

pssst....read rule #2...

King_LeYoeNidas
11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
dude the site has been open for a while. its well known and not exactly underground so it can't be that illegal