PDA

View Full Version : Is this the year?

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 10:21 PM
That Mack finally gets rid of his two fetuses Greg Davis and Duane Akina. They get paid around $375,000 and their results are not where they should be for that kind of money.

zebrablue2
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
That Mack finally gets rid of his two fetuses Greg Davis and Duane Akina. They get paid around $375,000 and their results are not where they should be for that kind of money.

national championship in 05 not good enough for ya????????????????????????????????????????????? 10 win season last year not good enough for you??????????????????? possible 10 win season this year not good enough for you????????? what do you people expect??????? tired of hearing you all cry about success.

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Bottom of the barrell defenses the past two years....

Questionable playcalling. Vince overcame Davis' atrocious playcalling to win the NC....

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Bottom of the barrell defenses the past two years....

Questionable playcalling. Vince overcame Davis' atrocious playcalling to win the NC....

WUUURRDD

and does rockdale really have a better record than LH?

DAYUM:dispntd:

:clap:

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
WUUURRDD

:clap: :confused:

wildstangs
11-26-2007, 10:53 PM
9 or 10 wins a year is great, but those wins were against Okie Lite, Baylor, Rice, TCU, Texas Tech, Central Florida, Arkie Lite, Nebraska, and Iowa State.

You can't lose to your main two rivals and lose to a scrub team every year. I don't claim to be a football expert, but it is easy to see that Texas could have some better assistants than Davis and Akina.

Emerson1
11-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
WUUURRDD

:clap:
All time they do

250-372 to 439-404

DAYUM!

michaelp23
11-26-2007, 10:58 PM
The only real success Mack and company have had was with Vince Young under center. Nothing before or since. And I think that 10 years from now, Mack will not have one any more National Championships. Yes, Vince bought him a few more years, but mark my words, Mack will be fired and bought out before his current contract runs out in 8 years. I give him three more years before the alumni finally have enough. I know the Aggies don't understand this, but the Alamo Bowl just isn't good enough for THE University of TEXAS!!!:p :p :p

zebrablue2
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I am a aggie fan and I like Mack Brown. He does a good job at UT. He brings integrity to the program. He should be there as long as he packs the stadium, and continues to win 10 plus each year. I know he has had some problems with players this year, but I sure would not mind him coaching my kid. He is doing a very good job. I respect any decision he makes about his staff, even if it is none at all. JMO.

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
9-10 win seasons while not making the big 12 championship isn't too bad... I mean Oklahoma is damn good, so it's not really that bad, but when you have some of the top recruits in the nation on D that D needs to be ranked pretty damn high, but they're not...

I think they'll be fine next year, the D will improve... but I can understand everyone's concerns, it could be 10 times better...

As for the O McCoy just had a bad year... he'll be improved next year and so will the o-line... it'll be a good year next year overall for UT... they'll be much improved across the board...

big daddy russ
11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Mack's in a no-win situation. He wins, it's Vince's doing. He loses, it's his fault. He's easily one of the top ten coaches in the nation (hell, I'd put him top five) and if UT gets rid of him, they'll just get ten years of the next Mackovic. It's funny how greedy a fan base gets when they don't appreciate what they have.

I guess Spurrier only won his title because of Wuerffel.

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 11:37 PM
:confused:

i meant overall homie