PDA

View Full Version : region III - wow

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I hope LH stays in Region III. It's better for them in the long run. LH fans, your opinion?

yoemenkracker30
11-26-2007, 11:18 PM
about region 3.....if you take in the combined records of all teams left which is
Liberty Hill (11-0)
Navasota (9-3)
La Vega (12-0)
West Orange Stark (11-1)
China Spring (11-1)
Kirbyville (11-1)

=65-6

simply amazing

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30

simply amazing

maybe... maybe not... depends on which way you look at it...

these are all very good teams, though... tough road outta that region...

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
i personally love the compition in region III and we happend to move to it at the peak of our talent haha so it has worked out amazing.

but being a fan for obviously the future, i would say a move to region IV would be nice considering we are a very senior ladden team this year and graduation is going to hit like an atom bomb :(

so region IV is known to be a slight easier test and it could help LH even out that overall record lmao

cause as we can all see in my sig, it needs help :eek:

navscanmaster
11-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i personally love the compition in region III and we happend to move to it at the peak of our talent haha so it has worked out amazing.

but being a fan for obviously the future, i would say a move to region IV would be nice considering we are a very senior ladden team this year and graduation is going to hit like an atom bomb :(

so region IV is known to be a slight easier test and it could help LH even out that overall record lmao

The quickest way for LH to even their all time record is to be division 2 state champions for the next 7 years after winning out this year. In the eighth year, winning their eighth game (this is assuming 16-0 seasons without cancellations) would put them above 500.

Crimestick
11-26-2007, 11:45 PM
About those records: Two of the losses by single-loss teams were by other teams on that list (Kirbyville's only loss was to WO-S, China Spring's was to La Vega).

mistanice
11-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
About those records: Two of the losses by single-loss teams were by other teams on that list (Kirbyville's only loss was to WO-S, China Spring's was to La Vega).

So the W-L would be 63-4?

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
The quickest way for LH to even their all time record is to be division 2 state champions for the next 7 years after winning out this year. In the eighth year, winning their eighth game (this is assuming 16-0 seasons without cancellations) would put them above 500.

navasota people can see the future?! :eek:

dang :clap:

just kidding ;)

navscanmaster
11-27-2007, 12:06 AM
navasota people can see the future?! :eek:

dang :clap:

just kidding ;)

Why not? Certain Liberty Hill, Rockdale, and Sweetwater folks can too.

Back at ya JK LOL:cool:

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Why not? Certain Liberty Hill, Rockdale, and Sweetwater folks can too.

Back at ya JK LOL:cool: I have been called a young Nostradamus

Panther One
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I could care less where we go. We're still going to schedule a good non-district slate regardless of where we wind up. If Fredericksburg and Burnet happen to move back down to 3A, you could have a district with LH, Wimberley, Burnet, Llano, Fredericksburg, and Ingram. Aside from Ingram, that's not too bad of a district. I've heard, however, that Boerne's new school, and perhaps both high schools, might be 3A next year, so I don't know if that would affect Ingram or Fredericksburg. It'll be interesting to see how things go. If I had to bet, I'd say we'll be back in Region IV. I think Hutto and Taylor kind of linked us to the other schools, geographically, and if one or both of them move up, we'll head back West. But who knows when it comes to the UIL.

Even though we're losing a lot of seniors, we'll still be one of the state's top teams next year. Our string of undefeated JV teams was finally snapped this year (lost one), but there will be guys ready to fill in next year on varsity. No one thought last year's team was going to do much either because of the losses from the year before, and they went on to win state. With the system firmly in place and the offseason program going strong, Liberty Hill won't be fading away anytime soon. I doubt Region III would be sad to see us go.

navscanmaster
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I have been called a young Nostradamus

Nostradamus - Read (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus)

Well better to be a young Nostradamus than an old one. Gout sux!

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Nostradamus - Read (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus)

Well better to be a young Nostradamus than an old one. Gout sux! Actually I think Nostradamus is stupid and people that believe in his prophecies are. Hell I could say stuff that could happen in the future now and document them and sometime it will happen or has to happen. Also it's only how the text is percieved.

navscanmaster
11-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Actually I think Nostradamus is stupid and people that believe in his prophecies are. Hell I could say stuff that could happen in the future now and document them and sometime it will happen or has to happen. Also it's only how the text is percieved.

Well, that is one useful post from you. Didn't know you had it in you young Nostradamus:D

Panther One
11-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Okay, just looked at Boerne's enrollment. They turned in 1943 last time. I can see one school being 3A if they don't split the enrollment evenly, but I have a hard time seeing both. They'll probably be put in with the SA area teams. Anyone know what Lampasas turned in? Maybe they'll move back down and take Ingram's spot in my predicted district...save us that 2.5 hr trip to play the worst team in the state.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Okay, just looked at Boerne's enrollment. They turned in 1943 last time. I can see one school being 3A if they don't split the enrollment evenly, but I have a hard time seeing both. They'll probably be put in with the SA area teams. Anyone know what Lampasas turned in? Maybe they'll move back down and take Ingram's spot in my predicted district...save us that 2.5 hr trip to play the worst team in the state. Ingram was 1 win away from the playoffs!!!!! :D

Panther One
11-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Ingram was 1 win away from the playoffs!!!!! :D
I also hope they eliminate 4 team districts to eliminate that scenario.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Anyone know what Lampasas turned in?

Hill Man
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I've heard, however, that Boerne's new school, and perhaps both high schools, might be 3A next year, so I don't know if that would affect Ingram or Fredericksburg. It'll be interesting to see how things go. If I had to bet, I'd say we'll be back in Region IV. I think Hutto and Taylor kind of linked us to the other schools, geographically, and if one or both of them move up, we'll head back West. But who knows when it comes to the UIL.

I don’t think Boerne will be in the picture in 3A with the new school.. A friend from there says when the new school opens (Champions) they are moving all students for the current Boerne HS to it and redo the old one.. there will be no split for a couple years until the old one is renovated..

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
maybe... maybe not... depends on which way you look at it...

these are all very good teams, though... tough road outta that region...

I ain't trying to start anything so you don't have to attack. I just want to know what you mean by depending on the way you look at it.

Runnin Panther
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Daddy D I don’t think you’re giving the underclassmen enough credit. I think we will be really good again next year. But that’s a discussion for a much later date. Right now we have Navasota to worry about.

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Daddy D I don’t think you’re giving the underclassmen enough credit. I think we will be really good again next year. But that’s a discussion for a much later date. Right now we have Navasota to worry about.
Shhhhh....he's trying to set them up. ;)

88bobcats
11-27-2007, 01:03 PM

Daddy D 11, I know you posted in jest, but are you serious about preferring a move to RIV?

My Orangefield Bobcats have not enjoyed the success of your Panthers or some of our neighbors.....but I would rather be in the toughest district in the state (21-3A) and the toughest region in the state (III). Going up against the best lets me know where we stand and allows us to be challenged and get better. Of course I want to win; but wins against predictably inferior opponents feel a little empty.

Would you rather trade a challenging schedule for increases in the "W" column?

Panther One
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Daddy D 11, I know you posted in jest, but are you serious about preferring a move to RIV?

My Orangefield Bobcats have not enjoyed the success of your Panthers or some of our neighbors.....but I would rather be in the toughest district in the state (21-3A) and the toughest region in the state (III). Going up against the best lets me know where we stand and allows us to be challenged and get better. Of course I want to win; but wins against predictably inferior opponents feel a little empty.

Would you rather trade a challenging schedule for increases in the "W" column?
There's two sides to that. Look at Celina in region II. They're one of the state's best, but they're not going to get a serious challenge until the state semis and won't face one of the state's elite until the championship game. What path would you rather have; playing teams like Giddings, WOS, La Vega, etc in consecutive weeks just to get through the region, or coasting through the region and facing only one of those teams in the championship? Celina's odds of winning it all are definitely better than anyone fighting through region III. And a state title is a state title. Does it matter how you get there?

These past two years in region III have been exciting, so I wouldn't mind if we stayed, but it's not our decision. There's positives and negatives to both regions, so wherever we wind up, we'll just keep doing what we do.

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
To be the best you have to beat the best.