PDA

View Full Version : So much for sources...

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Mike Sherman!?! :dispntd: :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

who'da thunk it?

Didn't know the man had so many aliases...

Mike Sherman AKA. Steve Spurrier, Tommy Tubberville, Art Briles etc....

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
who'da thunk it?

Didn't know the man had so many aliases...

Mike Sherman AKA. Steve Spurrier, Tommy Tubberville, Art Briles etc....

I bet he has a hard time keeping up with himself! :D

JR2004
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM

Gotta love those "well connected to the program" sources!

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
well most posts I read from people who had these sources said pretty much the same thing... "we're gunna try to get this guy"... chances are they couldn't so they took the next best thing, which was Sherman...

so maybe the sources were accurate, maybe that is who the program was going after... just never fell through as planned...

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well most posts I read from people who had these sources said pretty much the same thing... "we're gunna try to get this guy"... chances are they couldn't so they took the next best thing, which was Sherman...

so maybe the sources were accurate, maybe that is who the program was going after... just never fell through as planned...

If you throw enough names against the wall one of them should stick! :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 09:45 PM

Nick Saban sticks to no wall, Mister! :mad:

Bulldog_12
11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Don't worry. You have company in that group. You're right there with G$$.

country
11-26-2007, 11:47 PM
The whole reason I found this site was because of a google combination that brought up this guy G$$'s post from several days ago. I read through that post in which he named like 5 possibilities and then went on to bash a lot of posters about this and that. The dude seems to have a real ego trip. Hope he's happy the Ags hired his guys since he seems so knowledgeable on what will make a a great coach in Aggieland.

mistanice
11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by country
The whole reason I found this site was because of a google combination that brought up this guy G$$'s post from several days ago. I read through that post in which he named like 5 possibilities and then went on to bash a lot of posters about this and that. The dude seems to have a real ego trip. Hope he's happy the Ags hired his guys since he seems so knowledgeable on what will make a a great coach in Aggieland. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

g$$
11-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Don't worry. You have company in that group. You're right there with G$$.

I said Mike Sherman would be considered & even said that is who I supported. Look it up if you doubt me or ask MacArthur or Big Russ or others. For me it was Tuberville or Sherman.

Go find my thread "what I know from inside source at A&M". It pays to still know people.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74387

Just because all you know is what Rivals tells you, don't blame me. I said Mike Sherman may move onto short list of candidates soon. Guess what - he did & I love the hire.

But who cares anyway? All I care about is getting a quality coach, not being a pseudo reporter getting the "scoop".

g$$
11-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by country
The whole reason I found this site was because of a google combination that brought up this guy G$$'s post from several days ago.

Glad I could help Land Shark. Sherman will do well IMO given time. Hope y'all are enjoying your 1st playoff run since the 1960s, seriously. Tell T-big hello from all of us. ;)

Bulldog_12
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I said Mike Sherman would be considered & even said that is who I supported. Look it up if you doubt me or ask MacArthur or Big Russ or others. For me it was Tuberville or Sherman.

Go find my thread "what I know from inside source at A&M". It pays to still know people.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74387

Just because all you know is what Rivals tells you, don't blame me. I said Mike Sherman may move onto short list of candidates soon. Guess what - he did & I love the hire.

But who cares anyway? All I care about is getting a quality coach, not being a pseudo reporter getting the "scoop".

Good Grief. It's a joke.:rolleyes:

g$$
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Good Grief. It's a joke.:rolleyes:

No it was not & you were wrong. You tried to call me out when I did indeed have an inside source. I clearly stated don't count Mike Sherman out because I knew Byrne was seriously going to consider him. Guess what - I was right & he is now our new HC.

I wanted him all along too & said so. Tuberville would have been fine too. But I love the hire & support Sherman 100%.

:)

kepdawg
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM