PDA

View Full Version : ? for moderators about ratings

HotDawg89
02-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Okay- it's not my site...but I rated a member a little lower than I should have during football season. I now wish I could change that vote.

Is there any way of changing the rating system to reflect the posters "current" rating? I mean- you can be a turd during football season- but be a pretty likeable guy the rest of the time. This would also allow posters to see a more realistic rating of the others- other than the trading for stars we are doing now.

If we were given an opportunity to rate a person once, but could change that vote... sort of like I voted for this person during football season, but would like to change his rating now, let me change it, and it would reflect on his rating; still only allowing me one vote per person but with an option to change it as it deems itself necessary.

Yes- I am a woman- change is necessary. Just wondering...but again- it's not my site- and I do love it. Food for thought!

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Jacket2000
02-15-2003, 02:38 AM
Leave it to a woman to ask this question. LOL
To answer it, no, it's not possible to change your vote. But, we may be able to reset all the ratings. Either way, though,we will be getting rid of the rating system before football season.
J2K

HotDawg89
02-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Bless you J2K! Thanks a lot!

Old Dog
02-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Jacket....if you remove the ratings system, then Keith7 and his "Little Rater" followers will have won; a case of "Minority Rule". Maybe I'm just a hard headed old dude....LOL!

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

pakrat
02-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Also Jacket, all the off season fun will be gone.
Are you going to reinstate it after football season is over?

Keith7
02-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Old Dog:
Jacket....if you remove the ratings system, then Keith7 and his "Little Rater" followers will have won; a case of "Minority Rule". Maybe I'm just a hard headed old dude....LOL!yea this sucks jacket i had Old Dog rated a 5 but i want to change it now...

HotDawg89
02-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Raters like Keith7 might want to change Old Dogs rating...but many of us would like to change ratings for more noble reasons.

Myself, I gave a low rating to someone whom I have really grown to like on this board. Maybe the thing we should really do is not rate until we are more familiar with the person we are rating, and not base it on one crappy post like I did.

sinton66
02-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Hotdawg89, I think you just "hit the nail on the head". We have all done the same thing, I assure you. We all just need to wait until we're sure about a particular poster. I, personally, kinda like the ratings system.