PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Ad and Texas Tech Fans!

Phil C
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
It should be an easy ride to the National Championship next year in 2008. The team should win all of it's games. The powerful offense returns its' QB and great receiver and should light up the scoreboard again. The thing is the defense was young this year and will be a power next year and with that along with that offense it will be easy to get that NC. Don't forget they play UT in Lubbock next year which will be a big plus. They are getting a very good defensive lineman from Tyler Junior College next year so that will really make that defense potent. It will be hard to score against TT next year and it will be impossible to keep them from scoring. Good times indeed for the TT faithful.

Adidas410s
11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

don't forget about these tough games for the Red Raiders next year:

October 4 @ Kansas State...Manhattan is a tough place to play...just ask Texas! :eek:

October 11 vs Nebraska...the Raiders have had success against the Cornhuskers in recent years. However, this time they'll be facing a Big Red team not "coached" (and I use that term loosely) by Bill Callahan. A lot of uncertainty in Lincoln right now but we'll no more by next October.

October 18 @ Texas A&M...Coach Sherman will looking to make a statement in the first "big game" as the Ags head coach. With TT creeping closer in the all-time record (A&M currently leads 34-31-1) he'll want to get a win at Kyle Field in a very bad way to calm down the boosters looking to see progress over the Franchione era.

October 25 @ Kansas...this Big 12 Cinderella will be out to prove that 2007 wasn't a fluke year for the Jayhawks. Coming off a game in Norman the week before, they'll be looking to continue to establish themselves as contenders in the Big 12 in 2008.

November 1 vs Texas...after back to back road games the Raiders return to Lubbock for "The Friendliest Rivalry in America." The Raiders could be looking for a statement win to build their chances in the Big 12 South...or they could be looking for the oxygen mask from so the previous weeks travels.

November 8 vs Oklahoma State...expect another shootout with the Pokes. Fortunately this game is in Lubbock as the Red Raiders have fared MUCH better against Okie Lite at home than in Stillwater.

November 15 @ Oklahoma...yet ANOTHER tough Big 12 contest for the Raiders. They've only one once in Norman and that was in 1996. Until something changes, the Big 12 South title will continue to go through Bob Stoops and Norman, OK.

IMO...Tech has as tough of a Big 12 schedule as they've ever had in 2008. Kansas is no longer a cupcake and they don't play Baylor until the final game. The other two potentially "soft" games are at the the first two games of their schedule @ KState and Nebraska at home. This stretch of 5 games is a nightmare IMO:

@ A&M
@ Kansas
vs Texas
vs Okie Lite
@ BlowU

Whew...gonna be a fun 2008!!!!

:D :D :D

Bull19
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
texas tech has a football team?

raider red 2000
11-26-2007, 06:38 PM
i have read that TECH has the 2nd youngest team in the country.

could be better...but will still be TECH ....we will lose to some team that we should beat....but oh well...it will be fun to watch harrell break some more records.

lakers
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
WRECK 'EM TECH

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
The offense will be there, that's for damn sure...

The defense? Yes, they're young, and they're probably really good athletes, but they're STILL under Leach... I'm sorry, the dude isn't gunna pay much attention to the defense... the defensive coordinator could be Gomer Pyle for all Leach cares, he's gunna let that guy do his thing and worry about his offense...

But I wouldn't be surprised to see 'em squeak into a BCS bowl game after a Big 12 Championship win over Kansas or Colorado... yep, said Colorado...

Right now I don't see 'em making the big 12 championship... I still believe that's up to Oklahoma and Texas... Oklahoma has some great athletes coming back and Texas is finally gunna have a year where they DON'T lose a gazillion players to the NFL...

Like I said, would be surprised... but not exactly sold on them making it there...

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by lakers
WRECK 'EM TECH

heck yes brother! ill be in red raider land next year :)

i do have to agree that Leach will find a way to break all our hearts again though like he does every year :mad: :(

JJ7997
11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

...but will still be TECH ....we will lose to some team that we should beat....

Like Texas.
:D

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

i do have to agree that Leach will find a way to break all our hearts again though like he does every year :mad: :(

I don't think he'll find a way to do it, I just think that's what he does... the man would be a GREAT offensive coordinator on any level... even without his spread offense the man finds a way to score... just doesn't find a way to STOP the score...

I think this is another case of a man not meant to be a head coach... as an offensive coordinator the man is gold

super1
11-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Like Texas.
:D

Like the whole freakin' Big 12!!! :mad:

Bulldog_12
11-27-2007, 01:13 AM

If he is even there anymore. I have heard a few rumors of him possibly being in line for the Arkansas job. That would really piss me off seeing as A&M is renewing the series in Dallas in '09. :p

lakers
11-27-2007, 01:15 AM
heck yes brother! ill be in red raider land next year :)

Well I am at tech right now, and I love it....

RMAC
11-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Who knows about next year, but after losing 4 of 5 on our O-line and most of the D, 8-4 is GREAT in my book, especially playing in the Big XII. As far as next year, I see a lot of the same thing. We'll kill the Lousiana Northwestern School of the Blind teams, manage to lose to a team we shouldn't lose to while having 600+ yards of offense, beat ATM, I had to do it guys :D , and possibly upset a ranked team. Same 'ol Tech. Another winning record, another bowl game. We might not be the best, but hey, there's got to be something to be said for consistency right?

buffalo2006
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Imagine what it is like during practice for Tech. I wonder if their defense ever stops their offense or if the offense just stops after they catch the ball since they know they would score on their defense?

michaelp23
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Who knows about next year, but after losing 4 of 5 on our O-line and most of the D, 8-4 is GREAT in my book, especially playing in the Big XII. As far as next year, I see a lot of the same thing. We'll kill the Lousiana Northwestern School of the Blind teams, manage to lose to a team we shouldn't lose to while having 600+ yards of offense, beat ATM, I had to do it guys :D , and possibly upset a ranked team. Same 'ol Tech. Another winning record, another bowl game. We might not be the best, but hey, there's got to be something to be said for consistency right?

There you have it folks. The difference between a typical Tech fan and a typical Texas fan. Tech is perfectly happy with going 8-4 and playing in the Pecan Bowl. As for Texas? Pissed off about a 9-3 season, wishing we'd never offered Mack that contract extension!;) :p

Oh, and before you start, I'm a die hard conservative and I can't stand tea!!!:D :D :D

Adidas410s
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
There you have it folks. The difference between a typical Tech fan and a typical Texas fan. Tech is perfectly happy with going 8-4 and playing in the Pecan Bowl. As for Texas? Pissed off about a 9-3 season, wishing we'd never offered Mack that contract extension!;) :p

Oh, and before you start, I'm a die hard conservative and I can't stand tea!!!:D :D :D

Tech fans aren't perfectly happy with an 8-4 season...they're happy that they beat BlowU. The average Tech fan is only as happy as what is going on on the field that day. If it adds up well in the end then even better. Trust me...as a Tech fan it can be quite frustrating and I've had to bite my tongue a few times in the stands from going off on the ignorant whiners.