PDA

View Full Version : RIP Kevin Dubrow (Quiet Riot singer)

Maroon87
11-26-2007, 04:38 PM
"Quiet Riot" singer found dead in Las Vegas By Dan Whitcomb
20 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular U.S. 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office said. She said an autopsy was under way on Monday to determine the cause of death.

"I can't even find the words to say," Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali said on his Web site. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot, which was founded in Los Angeles in the mid-1970s, shot to the top of the Billboard charts with their smash 1983 album "Metal Health." It sold more than 6 million copies and is considered by many to be the first heavy metal record to top the pop charts.

The album's sales were spurred on by the band's monster hit, "Cum on Feel the Noize," featuring DuBrow's powerhouse vocal, and the song's video, which was played in heavy rotation on MTV.

Quiet Riot's follow-up albums did not sell nearly as well and DuBrow was essentially fired from the band amid the ensuing rancor.

DuBrow regrouped Quiet Riot in the 1990s and the band has since played sporadically, last releasing an album in October 2006.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2007, 04:43 PM
WOW!!

That is the only concert I have ever been too.....and as much as I loved the "head-banging" music...it was that concert that cured me from ever wanting to go to another one....(hard rock anyway)!

I never realized how "sheltered" I was until then!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rangerjoe33
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
If anyone happens to go to the funeral and you hear the THUMP!, THUMP!...he will be in the coffin...banging his head...
I cunfused him with Dee Snider at first glance reading the story.

KingRob
11-26-2007, 05:43 PM
:(

themsu97
11-26-2007, 06:06 PM
that was one awesome album... back when MTV actually showed music videos... I miss those days... metal health was an awesome video...
went to the concert, might have been the first I went too, either them or Night Ranger...

went to the reunion tour awhile back with them and Poison... still pretty cool

JasperDog94
11-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
... back when MTV actually showed music videos... You know you're getting old when you can remember those days...;)

Maroon87
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You know you're getting old when you can remember those days...;)

I can remember when MTV didn't exist.:eek:

themsu97
11-27-2007, 06:47 AM
I actually remember when it was the channel M on the box that went on top of the TV... and I do remember days before cable... I always tell my students that BC can either mean Before Christ or Before Cable

g$$
11-27-2007, 08:03 AM
that was one awesome album... back when MTV actually showed music videos... I miss those days... metal health was an awesome video...
went to the concert, might have been the first I went too, either them or Night Ranger...

went to the reunion tour awhile back with them and Poison... still pretty cool

We are all children of the '80s on this thread! Your post brought back some serious memories. I have those albums/tapes somewhere I think.

themsu97
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
well I'm a.. axe grinder, pile driver,
momma says that I never never mind her
got no brains, I'm insane,
teacher says that I'm one big pain
something about a laser,
six strings of razors
got a mouth like an alligator
I want it louder
more power
I want to rock it till it breaks the hour
Bang your head... Metal Health will drive you mad

something to that effect

g$$
11-27-2007, 08:15 AM
well I'm a.. axe grinder, pile driver,
momma says that I never never mind her
got no brains, I'm insane,
teacher says that I'm one big pain
something about a laser,
six strings of razors
got a mouth like an alligator
I want it louder
more power
I want to rock it till it breaks the hour
Bang your head... Metal Health will drive you mad

something to that effect

I never could have come up with the lyrics. Good job.