PDA

View Full Version : State Championship game betwix La Vega & WOS

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Winner of this Game wins State............LV should win bye two TD's.

BobcatBenny
11-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
All of us large mouth game fish start to circle the bait. :)

JT44
11-26-2007, 10:28 AM

what are you smokin'?

88bobcats
11-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by JT44
what are you smokin'?

You're right JT44, there's no way LV wins by two TDs.....but the first part sounds fairly accurate.;)

JT44
11-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
You're right JT44, there's no way LV wins by two TDs.....but the first part sounds fairly accurate.;)

you must be smokin' it too

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Winner of this Game wins State............LV should win bye two TD's. I don't know about ALL THAT! This game is gonna be HUGE, but whoever wins will still have some tough competition to face before they can claim the title. It's never a good idea to crown a champion before the bell sounds. ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It's never a good idea to crown a champion before the bell sounds. ;)
Or pick out rings.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

JT44
11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Celina?

eagles_victory
11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I don't know about ALL THAT! This game is gonna be HUGE, but whoever wins will still have some tough competition to face before they can claim the title. It's never a good idea to crown a champion before the bell sounds. ;) please dont tell me your talking about Cuero lol

JT44
11-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
please dont tell me your talking about Cuero lol

well there are 14 other teams playing this weekend besides wos and lv.

Cuero included

eagles_victory
11-26-2007, 11:22 AM
well there are 14 other teams playing this weekend besides wos and lv.

Cuero included i was jk but i really think the winner of this game will easily handle either China or Kirbyville esp if it is LV China bc it was a beating last time they played.

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
please dont tell me your talking about Cuero lol cuero, wimberley, celina, pleasant grove, snyder, vernon - they still have to play some of these teams AND get by WOS. I'm sorry, but IF they beat WOS Friday - they still have a tough road ahead and I'm sure the team and coaches understand that even if the fans don't! :D

rockdale80
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
WOS will thump La Vega.

King_LeYoeNidas
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
what are you smokin'?

there's much to be smoke in the Killeen & Marlin area lol

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
there's much to be smoke in the Killeen & Marlin area lol I'm a Drinker, not a doper, Vodka, and Petron' sorry fellar, hate to disappoint!:rolleyes:

King_LeYoeNidas
11-26-2007, 12:11 PM
wasn't a personal attack buddy :)

Gobbla2001
11-26-2007, 01:34 PM
La Vega isn't the fastest team I've seen, but all around they're a quick bunch... I think they have the size advantage on WO-S and WO-S has the speed advantage on LV... looking at the two teams head-up with talent etc... I'd maybe pick La Vega in a very close one... I don't think Parr can outrun WO-S's secondary, maybe even LBs, but he could for sure give 'em 10-25 yard bursts (meaning possible TD's within the 'Stang 30)... their line is where it's at... they seem to be a very solid unit with pretty good speed for their size... they can create some holes that Parr may not already need... very dangerous...

Then again I'd maybe pick WO-S... I don't think LV will have a very good passing attack against WO-S and if WO-S can shut down the run look out... they always do something very special on defense... it's sick what they can do against multiple offenses...

I don't expect this thing to get out of control because I think WO-S's O will be slowed down by LV a bit... LV will get their shots in...

but we're talkin' WO-S... they have some unfinished business to take care of...

'Stangs and Hooks get it done by 10...

GUNHO
11-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Right now i'm just thankful we get to play another week.I'll think about next week after Friday if things go right.

3ABirdMan
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
No offense to Waco LaVega intended, but I just don't see where their schedule and results put them as a "major" contender to go all the way. I just don't see where they've played a team at the same level of competition as WO-S.......

I may be biased a little, but I've seen what my neighbors to the east are capable of, and I will take them in a decided victory this round.

( :thinking: and the scary part is I'm not sure this is the best team they've fielded in the last 4 years, either :eek: )

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 02:03 PM
So don't expect them to beat LV this Fri.

GreenMachine
11-26-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm a Drinker, not a doper, Vodka, and Petron' sorry fellar, hate to disappoint!:rolleyes: Well you need to get off the sauce... it's clouding your mind something terrible :thinking:

alaskacat
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I'll just sit back here and let WOS and LV happen....then the next week one or the other will run into a buzz saw like nothing they have ever seen:)
I personally would rather play WOS, they would be easier to beat with their game plan.

88bobcats
11-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I'll just sit back here and let WOS and LV happen....then the next week one or the other will run into a buzz saw like nothing they have ever seen:)
I personally would rather play WOS, they would be easier to beat with their game plan.

What game plan is that? Please describe in more detail.....

headhunter
11-26-2007, 02:50 PM
both teams are very good and have about the same talent

In games like this it comes down to ball control and field possesion with a big play on special teams opening the door for one team to get the momentum and take a lead

Winner will still have their hands full the next weeks Nothing is easy after the first two rounds, occasionally their will be a blowout but it is always earned from the 3rd round on

setxsports
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Winner of this Game wins State............LV should win bye two TD's. You want to bet???

Texasfootball2
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM

The only sure thing is that the winner of this game gets to privelage to play the winner of China Springs/Kirbyville.

setxsports
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
So don't expect them to beat LV this Fri. How the hell would know? You seen WOS play????????????????????

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by **********
How the hell would know? You seen WOS play????????????????????
Yeah, In the Astrodome back in 1986, many years ago, but I don't need to seem them, I've seen LV, and you lose bigtime, to LV, and I said that with hell in my quote.:devil:

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by **********
You want to bet???
Make it e-z on yourself potna!

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Well you need to get off the sauce... it's clouding your mind something terrible :thinking: You'll all be saying I'm a genius come Sat.:D

charlesrixey
11-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't know about ALL THAT! This game is gonna be HUGE, but whoever wins will still have some tough competition to face before they can claim the title. It's never a good idea to crown a champion before the bell sounds. ;)

yeah

one word

Bandera

wos-84
11-26-2007, 04:59 PM
well if it dosnt happen the way you say fotbol how would you like your crow cooked. you talk really big about LV. I havent seen LV this year but they have yet to beat anyone on the scale of Dayton or Giddings. Dayton by the way is still in the 4A playoffs. well your entitled to your opinion however misguided it is, just dont be so cocky as it will only make you look like a fool if it dosent happen the way you say it will.:p

setxsports
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Make it e-z on yourself potna! See you Friday!:crazy1:

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
yeah

one word

Bandera

what? :confused:

who crowned bandera a champ before the bell sounded??

X Man
11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
You boys can say what you want, but my money is on WO-S. They are coached by one of the best, if not THE BEST coaches in the state. He has earned 250 wins at WO-S, and is surrounded by a couple of more as good as him. This team likes to play in your face, smash mouth football, and have the speed to make other things happen. That 95 yd TD kick off return was done by a sophomore. They have speed, determination, and a history to hold up. I think it will be a tough game, but look for WO-S to win this one.

JJ7997
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Dang alot of WO-S fans came outta the woodwork ! I hope the team comes out as cocky their supporters on here, cause they'll get hit in the mouth hard.

BTW, you cant really guage an entire playoff run on a win over a highly overrated Giddings team. Giddings wasnt near as talented as La Vega is.

X Man
11-26-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll remember your comment JJ. Hit in the mouth hard. Are you insinuating something else?

JJ7997
11-26-2007, 09:09 PM
You never hear of old fashioned smash mouth football ?

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
What game plan is that? Please describe in more detail.....

Their affinity for running the football, plays directly into Celinas strengths.

Who-dun-it!!?
11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Snyder vs, Argyle!
Seminole vs. Vernon!
Celina vs. Pittsburg!
Glen Rose vs. Pleasant Grove!
China Spring vs. Kirbyville!
Wimberly vs. Cuero!
Llano vs. Palacios!

Should they all just give up?

I'm willin to bet that the next state champ comes from this list here.

crazy
11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, In the Astrodome back in 1986, many years ago, but I don't need to seem them, I've seen LV, and you lose bigtime, to LV, and I said that with hell in my quote.:devil:

Then you saw a state championship team if you saw them back in '86.

lion75
12-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Did this person think we would forget this post? Region 3 is by far the weakest region (without L Hill). Going to my Christmas party. Had to throw this up on the board on the way out the door. Ha.

charlesrixey
12-08-2007, 07:04 PM
what? :confused:

who crowned bandera a champ before the bell sounded??

i was saying that bandera was a surprise

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Did this person think we would forget this post? Region 3 is by far the weakest region (without L Hill) lol....that makes absolutely no sense.

WO-S
Giddings
La Vega
China Spring
Liberty HIll
Madisonville
Diboll
Carthage
Kirbyville
Jasper
Caldwell
Navasota
Colombus
Needville
Sealy

Stacked.

JJ7997
12-08-2007, 07:35 PM
How is reg.3 weak ? Do your research . Look at the list Go Blue posted and then look at the others.

Reg 1 - Wylie, Snyder

Reg 2 - Celina, Gilmer

Reg 4 - Cuero

And thats about it . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
12-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
How is reg.3 weak ? Do your research . Look at the list Go Blue posted and then look at the others.

Reg 1 - Wylie, Snyder

Reg 2 - Celina, Gilmer

Reg 4 - Cuero

And thats about it . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Left off Royse City in region II.

espn1
12-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Winner of this Game wins State............LV should win bye two TD's. LMAO!

44INAROW
12-09-2007, 11:23 AM
ttt just cause :D

lostaussie
12-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ttt just cause :D :clap::clap:

FrmSTx
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
crazy thing, almost any team in Region 3 could still be playing this week, all about how the ball bounces up here

FrmSTx
12-09-2007, 11:46 AM
talking about dII

R4Editor
12-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Snyder vs, Argyle!
Seminole vs. Vernon!
Celina vs. Pittsburg!
Glen Rose vs. Pleasant Grove!
China Spring vs. Kirbyville!
Wimberly vs. Cuero!
Llano vs. Palacios!

Should they all just give up?

I'm willin to bet that the next state champ comes from this list here. nice, u would had won the bet if somebody had taken u up on the bet.

pirate4state
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM

This was the last thread bobcatbenny posted on.....the mystery continues.

Funny thread title....hmmmmmmmmmm :evillol:

Gobbla2001
12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
So La Vega won state? :confused:

So Snyder, Celina, China Spring and Cuero are in a consolation bracket?