PDA

View Full Version : UNT football

3afan
11-26-2007, 08:02 AM
only 4K (officially!!!) at the season ender this past weekend

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/ntlogo/DSCN0047.jpg

pretty sad ..... but not surprising considering they play in D-I's worst stadium

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
only 4K at the season ender this past weekend

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38061

pretty sad ..... but not surprising considering they play in D-I's worst stadium And they are among the worst in d1

eagles_victory
11-26-2007, 10:56 AM
gotta consider the weather

District303aPastPlayer
11-26-2007, 10:57 AM
didn't they get into a fight with Western Kentucky at the end of their game?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
At least they won the game!

Ranger Mom
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Are those people on the track kissing??

coach
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are those people on the track kissing??

lol looks like it

crzyjournalist03
11-26-2007, 03:58 PM
The slightly deceptive thing about this picture is that it's showing the general admission/season ticket side...The student section has always been far more full, although I don't know what it looked like at this game.

michaelp23
11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Anyone think Todd Dodge has bitten off more than he could chew? Wonder if he's rethinking his decision to leave SLC? Think about it, he would routinely see 30k or even 45k people come to playoff games while coaching SLC. It's pretty sad that going from coaching high school to coaching a D1 college is a step down! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Anyone think Todd Dodge has bitten off more than he could chew? Wonder if he's rethinking his decision to leave SLC? Think about it, he would routinely see 30k or even 45k people come to playoff games while coaching SLC. It's pretty sad that going from coaching high school to coaching a D1 college is a step down! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: His paycheck probably says no

eagles_victory
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Anyone think Todd Dodge has bitten off more than he could chew? Wonder if he's rethinking his decision to leave SLC? Think about it, he would routinely see 30k or even 45k people come to playoff games while coaching SLC. It's pretty sad that going from coaching high school to coaching a D1 college is a step down! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: He cant just walk in and say im Todd Dodge and win games. He took the job knowing he was going to have to build the program and it wasnt going to be easy. This is probably what he should of expected when he took the job if he was smart which he is.

olddawggreen
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
UNT hired Dodge to rebuild a program that needs to be rebuilt, thats why they gave him a 5 year contract. Does he sometimes regret the decision to go to UNT? If he has any regrets, it would probably be that he wasn't able to spend one more year as coach of the Dragons while Riley finished his Senior year.

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
only 4K (officially!!!) at the season ender this past weekend

pretty sad ..... but not surprising considering they play in D-I's worst stadium

I am in no way trying to defend Fouts, but your post seems to suggest Fouts would be the number one reason for the lack of a crowd on Saturday. I simply don't think that is the case.

3afan
11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
apathy in the program is the reason ... and i guess the weather played a part

but i've been to Fouts and I wont go back, to me its that bad

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 07:38 PM
apathy in the program is the reason ... and i guess the weather played a part

but i've been to Fouts and I wont go back, to me its that bad

What's so bad about it?

I'm not picky at all when it comes to stadiums.

It always intrigues me when I see discussions about stadiums.

I would have gone to the game on Saturday, but the weather kept me home.

westcoast54
11-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Give Dodge some time. He'll get it turned around. I guarantee you that he and his staff wil recruit better than the previous staff.

etbu
11-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Give Dodge some time. He'll get it turned around. I guarantee you that he and his staff wil recruit better than the previous staff.
He better otherwise he to will be out the door bc BIG DIFFERENCE now that he is running with the big boys.

boudreaux
11-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I think you are jumping the gun a bit. UNT is a commuter school and they don't have much support for their football team. This is Dodge's first year, give the man a break. And who gives a flying donut what their stadium looks like? You go to football games to watch football, if you go just because you like the stadium, then you have a problem.

michaelp23
11-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
His paycheck probably says no

Good point. It better be a nice paycheck. Maybe now he can afford to live in a house close to the size of the one's of the players he used to coach at SLC...lol!!!

mwynn05
11-27-2007, 12:38 AM
this year would have set teh attendance record for unt if not for that game being so low.....and thats for a team that had won one game

3afan
11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by boudreaux
.....if you go just because you like the stadium .....

ha - no one said that ....

also UNT needs to be more fan friendly wrt selling tix ... they need butts in the seats and they seemed to have forgotten that