setxsports
11-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes. Go Stangs!!

Mace Griffin
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Go Modoc!

buff4life
11-26-2007, 01:44 AM
LaVega...I think LaVega Will be able to run against the "vaunted" WOS defense...

TexanFan4Life
11-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
LaVega...I think LaVega Will be able to run against the "vaunted" WOS defense...

Gotta love that defensive speed for WO-S. Going to be a close one, but I'll take Barrett and Co. Friday night.

Barrett will play, right?

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Pirates by 6.

setxsports
11-26-2007, 02:04 AM
WOS by 7!!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by **********
WOS by 7!!!!!!!

This one should be a great game. Wish that they were playing opposite of Navasota. Huntsville is only about 35 minutes away. I would have def. drove over to see this matchup.

griff
11-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Gotta love that defensive speed for WO-S. Going to be a close one, but I'll take Barrett and Co. Friday night.

Barrett will play, right?

If you're referring to the WO-S player, it's Garrett. Not sure if he'll play.

Gsquared
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Ill take LaVega by 4

88bobcats
11-26-2007, 08:01 AM
WO-S by 12

The Pirates haven't been tested this year. A close game with Waco University (2-8) and Marlin (aren't they 5-5). I know those games were early in the season, and I'm sure Waco La Vega has improved over the season; but the Mustangs have been tested almost every week. China Springs might've been the only test for La Vega.....

Gsquared
11-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
WO-S by 12

The Pirates haven't been tested this year. A close game with Waco University (2-8) and Marlin (aren't they 5-5). I know those games were early in the season, and I'm sure Waco La Vega has improved over the season; but the Mustangs have been tested almost every week. China Springs might've been the only test for La Vega.....
VERY valid point that I didnt realize. Hmmm, all of a sudden, I might have to re look at my pick.

griff
11-26-2007, 08:12 AM

I guess anything short of a shutout against Giddings just wouldn't impress you, huh buff? Much credit goes to Giddings for testing our defense. Whether it's Brock or Locke, your team has one of the best offenses in class 3A. Everyone knows that. Still, our defense is a very strong unit and a big reason why we're still playing. As for that "vaunted" Giddings defense...well...:hand:

It's distasteful to hear you make this backhanded comment. You're sounding more like the Giddings head coach who refused to shake our coach's hand after the game.

And you wonder why so many posters dislike your team.

How pathetic...:rolleyes:

rhino1877
11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Could anyone from Waco tell me what "Modoc" is......I am not familiar with this word. Thanks

GUNHO
11-26-2007, 10:30 AM

You might be right Buff.Teams have been able to run on us at times just like yours did.We bend at times but don't break completely.I don't see any reason for that to change.We aren't going to shut down a team like La Vega...just need to score more than them.

WOS87
11-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I'll be happy to post the math to back this up but I imagine most would not want to see it...
but when you calculate it all out:

On average,

La Vega has been holding their opponent's to 10 points less than the opponent's scoring average and La Vega is scoring 15 points more than their opponents usually allow

WO-S has been holding their opponent's to 16 points less than the opponent's scoring average and WO-S also is scoring 15 points more than their opponents usually allow

Where's the huge advantage La Vega's supposed to have?

Yes, they're scoring 41 points per game, compared to WO-S' 36, but a big part of that is that their strength of schedule is significantly lower than WO-S. (what would our average be if we substituted a 2A team and another 3A team for the two 4A playoff teams we played nondistrict?) Also, if you just look at WO-S' last 9 games (which is really when the offense got rid of their stagefright) WO-S is averaging 43 points per game.

La Vega has averaged 375.3 offensive yards/game against opponents with a combined record of 51-64
WO-S is averaging 365.9 yards/game against opponents with a combined record of 65-52

All I'm seeing is that our offense is just as good as theirs and our defense is much better

crazy
11-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the perspective WOS87...It's right there in black and white!

44 Magnum
11-26-2007, 11:31 AM
LaVega did not have the services of the Parr brother's in the early games (3). In case you haven't heard, they make a big difference. All I will say is, WOS better be ready or it can get ugly in a hurry. This may be the best opponent either team will face until the State Finals versus Celina.

eagles_victory
11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I'll be happy to post the math to back this up but I imagine most would not want to see it...
but when you calculate it all out:

On average,

La Vega has been holding their opponent's to 10 points less than the opponent's scoring average and La Vega is scoring 15 points more than their opponents usually allow

WO-S has been holding their opponent's to 16 points less than the opponent's scoring average and WO-S also is scoring 15 points more than their opponents usually allow

Where's the huge advantage La Vega's supposed to have?

Yes, they're scoring 41 points per game, compared to WO-S' 36, but a big part of that is that their strength of schedule is significantly lower than WO-S. (what would our average be if we substituted a 2A team and another 3A team for the two 4A playoff teams we played nondistrict?) Also, if you just look at WO-S' last 9 games (which is really when the offense got rid of their stagefright) WO-S is averaging 43 points per game.

La Vega has averaged 375.3 offensive yards/game against opponents with a combined record of 51-64
WO-S is averaging 365.9 yards/game against opponents with a combined record of 65-52

All I'm seeing is that our offense is just as good as theirs and our defense is much better All that is meaningless right now

Fotbol
11-26-2007, 12:01 PM
La Vega bye two TD's

setxsports
11-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I love when people make predictions when they haven't seen a team play!

rockdale80
11-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Wos will thump LV.

Cadillac
11-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Rockdale fans know a lot about thumping.

It's the sound of their basketball hitting the floor.

Go Modocs.

Gsquared
11-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Im not sure about this one now, thinking LaVega still

c-town_balla
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I know nothing at all about WOS....but I honestly think that they can beat LA Vega. Cameron had over 330 passing yards on them and i'm sure WOS has superior athletes at WR. If you line up with La Vega and run right at them you can also be succsesful. Any thing that runs right at #11 Henry can work as well as he is more of a in space player and from what I saw and then saw again on film he stuggles when taking on a blocker....just my two cents from somone that has played LV so would know

pirate4state
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Im not sure about this one now, thinking LaVega still :doh: :doh: This will go on all week folks! :D LOL

rockdale80
11-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Cadillac
Rockdale fans know a lot about thumping.

It's the sound of their basketball hitting the floor.

Go Modocs.

An all too familiar sound after this weekend....:rolleyes: