PDA

View Full Version : Going to Canyon, TX Saturday

Matthew328
11-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Need some eating suggestions in either Canyon or Amarillo...I think I'm staying in Amarillo.....

Anyone know the estimated drive time from Fort Worth???

twoheadeddragon
11-25-2007, 12:51 PM
It's about a 6 hour drive.

wildstangs
11-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Everman is going to massacre Hereford. Can't believe they didn't go to a more neutral site for this one.

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Everman is going to massacre Hereford. Can't believe they didn't go to a more neutral site for this one.

Shotwell and Mustang Bowl are pretty well booked!!! No much else in between!!

bigron15
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
canyon and amarillo are basically the same town..you cant even tell when you leave canyon and arrive in amarillo

wildstangs
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Shotwell and Mustang Bowl are pretty well booked!!! No much else in between!!

True - I figured Wichita Falls might work, but thats still a lot of traveling.

Is there still a chance Snyder - Argyle will be at the bowl?

What time is the Seminole - Vernon game?

DU_stud04
11-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Shotwell and Mustang Bowl are pretty well booked!!! No much else in between!! nope..... they could play in paducha hahaha

Chopblock
11-25-2007, 01:58 PM
About a mile down the road from the staduim, right across from West Texas A&M is a good place, kinda modeled after a Fudruckers
About 3 blocks on south of there is a good mexican food place

Chopblock
11-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Also Matt, there is a new Holiday Inn next to the university in Canyon, I think it is an express

GetRDoneStangs
11-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
True - I figured Wichita Falls might work, but thats still a lot of traveling.

Is there still a chance Snyder - Argyle will be at the bowl?

What time is the Seminole - Vernon game?

Seminole - Vernon will be 4 pm on Saturday

Not sure on the the Snyder game.....not in the Bowl...I am assuming Shotwell on Friday???

bigron15
11-25-2007, 02:03 PM
snyder-argyle is at shotwell..dont know what day though

Matthew328
11-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Snyder-Argyle in in Graham

Ok, I may try that mexican spot before the game....

twoheadeddragon
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
About a mile down the road from the staduim, right across from West Texas A&M is a good place, kinda modeled after a Fudruckers
About 3 blocks on south of there is a good mexican food place

I don't recommend either. Feldman's Field house is a pricey. and the mexican one is not that good. If you eat in Canyon try Feldman's downtown and if in Amarillo and you want Mexican food try Tacos Garcia's off of Ross. North of I-40

Matthew328
11-25-2007, 11:29 PM
I think for dinner I am going to go to the Big Texan, I know it's on I-40 is that on the east or west side of Amarillo??

I need a lunch spot somewhere in Canyon, preferably close to the stadium...I might give Laraza Pizza a shot....

I just need a breakfast spot Sunday morning now....I may go back to the Big Texan since I hear they serve breakfast......

I got a great deal at the Holiday Inn so I'm happy with that

STANG RED
11-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think for dinner I am going to go to the Big Texan, I know it's on I-40 is that on the east or west side of Amarillo??

The Big Texan is just east of Amarillo, on the way to Pampa. It really isnt all that great, but everybody should go at least once if your close. Are you going to try the 72 oz. T-bone?:D