PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales vs. Pleasanton

Gontex
11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Congratulations to the Pleasanton Eagles on their victory over Bandera Bulldogs. A couple of weeks ago, an Express-News writer said this was a game (Gonzales vs. Pleasanton) he would like to see because both teams have excellent quarterbacks. He is going to get his chance and so are the rest of us. Past history may establish the Eagles as the early favorite in this game because this is the second year in a row they have made it to this game following their drop down from 4A. This is the first time in school history that Gonzales has advanced to the third round of the playoffs. It's the second time Gonzales has won at least 10 games. Only the undefeated (11-0-1) 1963 team has won more games that this Apache team. Anybody know where this game will be played?

Old Green
11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Gontex
Congratulations to the Pleasanton Eagles on their victory over Bandera Bulldogs. A couple of weeks ago, an Express-News writer said this was a game (Gonzales vs. Pleasanton) he would like to see because both teams have excellent quarterbacks. He is going to get his chance and so are the rest of us. Past history may establish the Eagles as the early favorite in this game because this is the second year in a row they have made it to this game following their drop down from 4A. This is the first time in school history that Gonzales has advanced to the third round of the playoffs. It's the second time Gonzales has won at least 10 games. Only the undefeated (11-0-1) 1963 team has won more games that this Apache team. Anybody know where this game will be played? Any word where this game will be ? I would like to see this game myself.:thumbsup:

gtown
11-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Soooooooo proud of the Apaches!! I heard the game may be Sat. at Blossom(sp?) stadium in San Antonio. Do not quote me because I am not 100% positive. That was just mentioned after the Hidalgo game by one of the coaches and we didn't know if we were playing Pleasanton or Bandera yet.:thinking:

Lombardi
11-25-2007, 12:24 PM
heard the coaches are waiting to see where Reagan and Los Fresnos are playing and then a decision will be made......

IHStangFan
11-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Congratulations to the Pleasanton Eagles on their victory over Bandera Bulldogs. A couple of weeks ago, an Express-News writer said this was a game (Gonzales vs. Pleasanton) he would like to see because both teams have excellent quarterbacks. He is going to get his chance and so are the rest of us. Past history may establish the Eagles as the early favorite in this game because this is the second year in a row they have made it to this game following their drop down from 4A. This is the first time in school history that Gonzales has advanced to the third round of the playoffs. It's the second time Gonzales has won at least 10 games. Only the undefeated (11-0-1) 1963 team has won more games that this Apache team. Anybody know where this game will be played? I don't see this being much of a contest. Yeah....both teams have "good quarterbacks"...the MAIN diff. being...Gonzales' QB is exaxtly that...a QB..and hes good. The Salinas kid in Pleasanton is a FB under center and runs the ball the majority of the time. I don't think their passing game is on par w/ Gonzales. I think Gonzo's D will shut the Salinas kid down.....and if you shut him down..you own Pleasanton. Good luck Gonzales I have faith you'll win this one big .

Gobbla2001
11-25-2007, 02:27 PM
hacked into the Pleasonton HC's computer... he's already drawn up their first play... it's a "running" play:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1390/wfirstpl2.jpg

jk... go A-Paches

KingRob
11-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
hacked into the Pleasonton HC's computer... he's already drawn up their first play... it's a "running" play:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1390/wfirstpl2.jpg

jk... go A-Paches

LMAO!! You racist you! That's what they said about you over on RGV. Too funny!!:D

Gobbla2001
11-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
LMAO!! You racist you! That's what they said about you over on RGV. Too funny!!:D

yah, that was funny... I started believing it myself for like, two seconds... "wow, I'm such a dumbass, NACHOS? I AM racist"... then footballgal came to my rescue...

KingRob
11-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I think this will be a good game, and I have to go with Gonzales.

Gonzales - 27
Pleasanton - 20

KingRob
11-25-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm glad football came to your rescue. They were way out of line. Keep the drawings coming, they are funny! The school bus was pretty good!!:)

Gobbla2001
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
The school bus was pretty good!!:)

the thing is I didn't draw it... that's what I pulled off of their coach's computer... the funny thing is that he makes the right tackle go out like he's gunna block, THEN come back... and that one guy on the sideline gets left behind... that won't be nice... and are there a buncha rednecks in pleasanton or something? cuz those school bus tires are HUGE... wait, there I go being racist again...

okay so I drew it...

bigcat8
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Lombardi was right Heard the game will be at Comalander Stadium Saturday at 7PM...

pirate4state
11-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8
Lombardi was right Heard the game will be at Comalander Stadium Saturday at 7PM... heard from who? I just want to make sure we get it right. I haven't looked at any papers today.

GOOD LUCK TO THE APACHES.

Niko Salinas is very good, but I agree with IHStangFan - shut him down and you win.

bigcat8
11-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Jerry Comalander himself

headhunter
11-25-2007, 04:24 PM
pleasenton is one dimensional

shut down their running game and gonzales will win

If gonzales can jump out to a lead I dont believe pleasenton has the big play capability to catch up quickly. Dont get conservative Gonzales you have to keep pouring it on a close game could be a bad thing

If Gonzaes executes and comes out throwing the ball early they will win

Gonzales - 30
Pleasenton - 20

bigcat8
11-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I bet they throw it a lot

JT44
11-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Gonzales has a good run defense, they limit your big plays to the outside.

You have to throw on them, at least two receivers to one side and make their safeties make decisions on which routes to cover

gtown
11-25-2007, 05:02 PM
So Comalander and Blossom are the same thing right?

44INAROW
11-25-2007, 05:33 PM
So do we have a DEFINITE time and place?

pirate4state
11-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
So do we have a DEFINITE time and place? Yep, updated the thread - it has been confirmed that it's at SA Comalander. thanks bigcat8

44INAROW
11-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yep, updated the thread - it has been confirmed that it's at SA Comalander. thanks bigcat8

Donkey Shane :D

bigcat8
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
One in the same
Originally posted by gtown
So Comalander and Blossom are the same thing right?

Gontex
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Just to answer some questions. Yes, Blossom and Comalander are one and the same stadium. Game time is 7 p.m. Saturday. I don't know who will be considered the home team. Anybody know if Cuero will be coming through Gonzales Saturday afternoon on the way to Seguin, or will they be going through Nixon? If you come through Gonzales, there will be lots of traffic because Gonzales will be going through Seguin to get to San Antonio.

44INAROW
11-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Just to answer some questions. Yes, Blossom and Comalander are one and the same stadium. Game time is 7 p.m. Saturday. I don't know who will be considered the home team. Anybody know if Cuero will be coming through Gonzales Saturday afternoon on the way to Seguin, or will they be going through Nixon? If you come through Gonzales, there will be lots of traffic because Gonzales will be going through Seguin to get to San Antonio.

I would assume so - we go to Seguin all the time and that's how we go. 90A will be PACKED on Saturday ;)

Old Green
11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I don't see this being much of a contest. Yeah....both teams have "good quarterbacks"...the MAIN diff. being...Gonzales' QB is exaxtly that...a QB..and hes good. The Salinas kid in Pleasanton is a FB under center and runs the ball the majority of the time. I don't think their passing game is on par w/ Gonzales. I think Gonzo's D will shut the Salinas kid down.....and if you shut him down..you own Pleasanton. Good luck Gonzales I have faith you'll win this one big . :thumbsup: My same thoughts on this game

Gontex
11-28-2007, 07:29 AM
It looks to me like nobody in Pleasanton is aware of this website. We need to get those people on board so we can have a little discussion on Gonzales vs. Pleasanton. It's a huge game for both of these schools.

Gobbla2001
11-28-2007, 08:00 AM

most Cuero folk had to go through Nixon in '04 after the game because of water over the river bridge between Gonzales and Cuero... was nice of them to announce that to us at the game... we ended up going through Stockdale down through Yorktown 'cuz we were going to Vic...

pirate4state
11-28-2007, 10:57 AM
It looks to me like nobody in Pleasanton is aware of this website. We need to get those people on board so we can have a little discussion on Gonzales vs. Pleasanton. It's a huge game for both of these schools. there might be some on sasports.com

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
there might be some on sasports.com some, not many.

Gontex
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
there might be some on sasports.com
Thanks for the headsup on sasports.com. I checked it out and found a couple of Pleasanton posters there. Some are picking Pleasanton which is their perogative, but some of their reasoning was not quite sound. One poster said Pleasanton should be favored because they were their district's champion while Gonzales was not. Huh?

Gontex
12-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Okay, it's Saturday morning and LH has dispatched Navasota to the sidelines with a 48-14 win. It's time to focus on Gonzales and Pleasanton. I saw a good article on Bird and Salinas in the Express yesterday. Seems like they have been following each other all year. Gonzales and Pleasanton played each other in 7 on 7 last summer and apparently Gonzales won all of them. I know this isn't 7 on 7, but I'm looking for a big Apache win tonight. I think basically this one is going to come down to who wants to go play LH the most next week.

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I think basically this one is going to come down to who wants to go play LH the most next week.
Or who wants to play us the least. :D (Sorry...just kidding there!)

Best of luck to both teams. Here's hoping for a hard-fought, injury-free game. :)