PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Texas Stadium Lineup

3afan
11-25-2007, 06:57 AM
per DMN:

1 - Abilene (11-1) vs. Southlake Carroll (11-1)
4 - Mansfield Timberview (9-3) vs. Lewisville Hebron (10-2)
7 - West Mesquite (9-3) vs. Red Oak (9-3)

not all 'big names', but all look like good games

olddawggreen
11-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
per DMN:

Just got word that the Abilene vs Southlake game will start at 1:00 pm instead of 2:00.

3afan
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
1 = 1PM, etc.

injuredinmelee
11-26-2007, 07:40 PM
SLC by 20pts

3afan
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
the only solid favorite I see is Hebron (they could win it all), the other two will be barn burners IMO

great deal for $10

VWG
11-26-2007, 08:13 PM
the only solid favorite I see is Hebron (they could win it all), the other two will be barn burners IMO

great deal for $10

I agree. Hebron should win easily over Timberview.
What is it with that Mansfield district? Timberview and Summit seem to have the athletes... look at Chiles at Texas, etc.....
They never do anything in the playoffs.

JR2004
11-26-2007, 09:11 PM

great deal for $10

Hebron is absolutely loaded at wideout. I really hope their RB, Darius Staten, is okay. He left in the 3rd OT last week with what looked like an ankle injury. I really wish they were the early game as I'd like to see them again. I've went to several of their games this year so hopefully I can see them against SLC the following week.

They have the best offense I've seen this year in person, but they also have a very porous run defense. It's nothing like the defenses they've had in recent years. Great secondary, but not much up front.

Matthew328
11-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Summit was solid 2 years ago went 3 deep I think....when they had Chiles he was basically all they had...his junior year they went to the second round....opening the 4th HS in town has hurt Summit some

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I'll take:

SLC
Hebron
West Mesquite

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 09:15 PM
That lineup stinks! :dispntd:

Should have been:

Carroll and Abilene

MOJO and Haka

Cowboys and Packers

Now that would be a good lineup! :D

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
That lineup stinks! :dispntd:

Should have been:

Carroll and Abilene

MOJO and Haka

Cowboys and Packers

Now that would be a good lineup! :D

You got lucky that the Abilene coach is an idiot. Theyare playing SLC what 30 miles from home? Pure stupidity. Mojo played it right.

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
You got lucky that the Abilene coach is an idiot. Theyare playing SLC what 30 miles from home? Pure stupidity. Mojo played it right.

It won't make a difference

Emerson1
11-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Nothing to choose from that is in between, Stephenville is way to small.

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Nothing to choose from that is in between, Stephenville is way to small.

Could have took it anywhere else.

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Texas Stadium is their second home....they play like every playoff game there

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Could have took it anywhere else.

Where are you going to take SLC that they haven't won?

I guess they could have taken them to El Paso! I don't think SLC has played there!

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 11:12 PM

I guess they could have taken them to El Paso! I don't think SLC has played there!

Somewhere that isnt their backyard. Somehwere more convenient for my fans.

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Somewhere that isnt their backyard. Somehwere more convenient for my fans.

Texas Stadium is convenient for AHS

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-26-2007, 11:14 PM

Take them to "Tiger Stadium" I know they haven't played at that so called "garbage dump":D :cool:

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Texas Stadium is convenient for AHS

Your sick. I would have took them to Wichita Falls.

kepdawg
11-26-2007, 11:23 PM

Not big enough

That's really not a bad drive for SLC anyway

RMAC
11-27-2007, 12:22 AM
per DMN:

My roommate is pumped. This is Red Oak's first year in the playoffs in like 20 years from what he said. He told me it was so bad they didn't even go to football games on Friday nights. Said they won 1 game during his jr. and sr. year.

injuredinmelee
11-27-2007, 12:43 AM
the last time AHS and SLC played Warren got it in Waco and SLC destroyed them there too. Warren also loves for his kids to get to get to play in that dump

alaskacat
11-28-2007, 02:07 PM

It wouldn't hold th e crowd your going to get.

besides, look at it this way. For many Abilene players Texas Stadium is a big deal. How many kids from out west get to play in Texas Stadium...for them it is a life time memory.

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
It wouldn't hold th e crowd your going to get.

besides, look at it this way. For many Abilene players Texas Stadium is a big deal. How many kids from out west get to play in Texas Stadium...for them it is a life time memory.

I think Memorial Stadium would hold the crowd. We will get a official number when the game is played and see.

HAHA Texas Stadium isnt that special. I was pumped when I was a fan, and when I got there it was a dump. So disappointed. It will be forgotten when the new stadium is built.

For me, playing for THE Sweetwater Mustangs is a lifetime memory.

I still think its rediculous. Its like home field advantage for SLC. Just because its "Texas Stadium" doesnt give Abilene an advantage.

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 02:33 PM
I think Memorial Stadium would hold the crowd. We will get a official number when the game is played and see.

HAHA Texas Stadium isnt that special. I was pumped when I was a fan, and when I got there it was a dump. So disappointed. It will be forgotten when the new stadium is built.

For me, playing for THE Sweetwater Mustangs is a lifetime memory.

I still think its rediculous. Its like home field advantage for SLC. Just because its "Texas Stadium" doesnt give Abilene an advantage.

Do you have any idea what the crowds have been like the last couple of times Carroll and Abilene have played?

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Do you have any idea what the crowds have been like the last couple of times Carroll and Abilene have played?

someone said around 17 thou.

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
someone said around 17 thou.

Try doubling that :)

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Try doubling that :)

No way. Do you smell that?

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 05:59 PM
No way. Do you smell that?

You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you?

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 06:02 PM
You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you?

I have a hard time believeing 34,000 ppl. Maybe 20,000 but not 34.

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 06:03 PM
I have a hard time believeing 34,000 ppl. Maybe 20,000 but not 34.

Then I guess you're just hard headed! :p

DU_stud04
11-28-2007, 06:03 PM
You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you? he hardly ever does.

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Then I guess you're just hard headed! :p

Prove it then....show me a link with numbers to their last game.

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Prove it then....show me a link with numbers to their last game.

In the article:

Floyd Casey 2005 (http://maxemfingerrecruiting.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=504&Itemid=78)

In the game by game recap at bottom:

Texas Stadium 2004 (http://www.411sportsnews.com/newsdetail.asp?id=696)

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
In the article:

Floyd Casey 2005 (http://maxemfingerrecruiting.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=504&Itemid=78)

In the game by game recap at bottom:

Texas Stadium 2004 (http://www.411sportsnews.com/newsdetail.asp?id=696)

:clap: haha I will shut up now.

3afan
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
last time I saw SLC & Abilene play was in 2004 - they opened the upper deck for that one

Wichita Falls may be big enuf if it were there ..... its so far removed from DFW & both schools you wont get near the crowd

yes Texas Stadium is old - but once your in the seats there not a better place in Texas to watch a triple header except maybe the Alamodome

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
last time I saw SLC & Abilene play was in 2004 - they opened the upper deck for that one

Wichita Falls may be big enuf if it were there ..... its so far removed from DFW & both schools you wont get near the crowd

yes Texas Stadium is old - but once your in the seats there not a better place in Texas to watch a triple header except maybe the Alamodome

I think the reason 34 grand attended the game in Waco was simply because it was in Waco.

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I think the reason 34 grand attended the game in Waco was simply because it was in Waco.

That many people wanted to see Waco? :D

3afan
11-28-2007, 06:46 PM

that make no sense ...

BMOC
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
For many Abilene players Texas Stadium is a big deal. How many kids from out west get to play in Texas Stadium...for them it is a life time memory.

I would rather have a memory of winning the game rather then where we played it. Don't get me wrong, Texas Stadium is a big deal, but I would rather get SLC somewhere other then their backyard....they have played there so much that playing at Texas Stadium for them is not a big deal.

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
that make no sense ...

More populated area than having it in the middle of nowhere.

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
I would rather have a memory of winning the game rather then where we played it. Don't get me wrong, Texas Stadium is a big deal, but I would rather get SLC somewhere other then their backyard....they have played there so much that playing at Texas Stadium for them is not a big deal.

OMG thanks BMOC. If I was a coach I would look for a memory of beating SLC rather than playing in Texas Stadium. I would want the best chance possible to win.

Emerson1
11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3069/tbhsfloydcaseytz6.jpg

JR2004
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM

I've watched a great game at the Alamodome when I saw Ryan and LaMarque play that epic state championship game down there a few years ago, but as far as a place I'd rather watch a game, I'm choosing Texas Stadium. It's not in great shape, but it's still a great place to watch a game.

kepdawg
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I've watched a great game at the Alamodome when I saw Ryan and LaMarque play that epic state championship game down there a few years ago, but as far as a place I'd rather watch a game, I'm choosing Texas Stadium. It's not in great shape, but it's still a great place to watch a game.

I'd rather watch a game at TXStadium than the Alamodome.

Emerson1
11-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I'd rather watch a game at TXStadium than the Alamodome.
Me to. I don't want to be able to watch a game in shorts and a t shirt in the middle of december. I will take the cold and 5 layers of clothing any day.