PDA

View Full Version : in no way is forney not the 2nd best team in all of 3A

Jimbotex40
12-22-2002, 10:35 PM
what i said

Jimbotex40
12-22-2002, 10:43 PM
say something that you think could prove this wrong, then, i will result in telling you that we were everman's biggest competition.

burnet and forney both got up 7-0 on everman and then everman blew out burnet by 21, and they beat us by 7.

try to prove me wrong.

ThaRealBulldog
12-22-2002, 10:46 PM
I agree Forney was stout this year and deserves a number 2 ranking.

Jimbotex40
12-22-2002, 10:53 PM
thanks for the agree-age.

im sorry that matthew screwed yall over also.

carthage could have beat us but they got unlucky. yall could have given everman a close game like we did.

i guess matthew just doesnt understand and doesnt look at comparitive scores

Keith7
12-22-2002, 11:00 PM
In that case Gainesville is number 3!
cuz in the scrimmage with us and forney Gainesville was hangin right with them!

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Jimbotex40
12-22-2002, 11:07 PM
we killed yall in that scrimmage, but that's beside the point.
yall sucked in the playoffs
yall lost to atlanta who we beat by 14, so shut up.

Keith7
12-22-2002, 11:22 PM
yall scored on our second team in the scrimmage

Jimbotex40
12-22-2002, 11:31 PM
oh, i guess you didnt hear me when i said that the scrimmage is beside the point.

YALL SUCK WHEN IT COMES TO THE PLAYOFFS....YALL ALWAYS BLOW IT AND YALL WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO BLOW IT IN BIG GAMES

there, i guess that will shut you up for a while.

Keith7
12-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Is this blowing it in the play offs
Gainesville-53
Paris North Lamar-14

Jacket2000
12-22-2002, 11:37 PM
In no way are Forney, Gainesville, and Carthage the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best teams in the state.
J2K

Keith7
12-22-2002, 11:43 PM
go back to your 4a team in ennis jacket

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 12:15 AM
forney doesn't deserve #2...sorry...if they did, then they would've beat Everman and gotten beat by Burnet...so don't talk about things you can't change...BEEYOTCH

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Burnet-05 ]</small>

Old Dog
12-23-2002, 12:22 AM
Oh goody, the 12 year olds are back on the board "what iffing"! There is only ONE way to test and that's head to head. You can "what if" til hell freezes over, and you still got nothing. Everman is "IT". Bandera is "IT". The rest don't matter. We should be proud of our own teams and move on to next year.

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 12:24 AM
you have 100% agreement here, olddog...hope we do as good next year as we did this year cause #2 aint too bad!

SkandarAkbar
12-23-2002, 04:27 AM
Who's to say what a BIG game is? In some people's opinion, the BIG game is the state championship game, and if my memory serves me correctly Forney has never won that BIG game either. At least Keith7 was actually on the field playing in those games, and not running a flag up and down the sidelines during the playoff games.

jason
12-23-2002, 08:05 AM
Go Forney..... :D

Jimbotex40
12-23-2002, 10:09 AM
jacket: are you as moronic as your last post indicated?
umm...apparently so
who was the last team to come close to beating everman since their fluke lose to kennedale?
umm...forney
i dont care about what you said about carthage and gainsville because they dont deserve top 8 ranking. but when you come to say that the only team that came close to beating everman is not the #2 team, that just shows your IQ. thank you for this hideous display of intelligence.

coug81
12-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Jimbo,

I believe the 4 teams in the finals deserve the top 4 spots even if the DII teams may not beat the DI teams in head to head. I think a #5 for Forney is a great show of respect for coach Rush and the players. The play-offs should carry more weight than the regular season and score comparisons are really hard to use.

coug81
12-23-2002, 10:18 AM
With all that said I do believe Forney is the 2nd best team.

Phil C
12-23-2002, 10:36 AM
I personally agree Forney should be No. 2 because this year they were Everman's biggest test in the playoffs. This was one the field. Since the two teams didn't meet it is meaningless to argue if Burnet would have beaten Forney in the State Championship. All you have is opinions that won't be settled on the field. It would be like arguing that Everman or Bandera has the better team.

rholl
12-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Using this logic...I'm going to place Kennedale in the #1 spot since they actually beat Everman...something no other team was able to do this yr.

Keith7
12-23-2002, 12:04 PM
OOOh and the Bengals beat the Saints yesterday so they should be in the playoffs

PPHSfan
12-23-2002, 12:14 PM
Well I think that if you took the final 8 teams and all 8 teams played the other 7 teams over a 7 week season, that Forney would have a better chance than any others as being the second place team. But that really doesn't mean anything. The only one that counts is number one.

Now let me stick my tounge in my cheek and say this...ALWAYS REMEMBER SECOND PLACE IS THE FIRST LOSER. :D

Keith7
12-23-2002, 12:14 PM
Also since Gainesville beat Pilot point 30-0 in our game with them, and pilot point almsot beat Commerce 17-14 and Commerce almost beat Forney 33-29 and Forney Almost beat Everman 21-14.. I think Gainesville really should be number 1 according to this logic and with my calculations, if they played Everman the score would be 30-14

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Old Cardinal
12-23-2002, 12:36 PM
I think there is just too much flawed logic being presented..."rholl" is right-if you start this stuff, then Kennedale is #1....Oh, Oh wait a minute,Crandall and Ballinger beat Kennedale so that places Everman at #4. But Aledo a 4A beat Forney as well as Everman beat Forney;therefore Forney should drop to the bottom of the top 20.....And following all this so-called logic- that puts Gainesville a #144, right behind Orangefield at #143....Stick with the brackets, that is the only emperical data that counts.

Keith7
12-23-2002, 12:42 PM
I Think your math is a little off cuz with my calculations Gainesville is number 1.. We need the BCS for highschool football

Jimbotex40
12-23-2002, 06:31 PM
old card: can u be this retarded?
it's plain and simple, just like ive said, we were the only team to come close to beating everman,
how the heck does this not deserve the No.2 spot?

answer this question with something that makes sense (which will be hard for you to do), and i will shut up.

Keith7
12-23-2002, 06:38 PM
Did you not read my explanation why Gainesville should be #1???? its brilliant

Jimbotex40
12-23-2002, 06:42 PM
lol, i used to hate you keith, but now i gotta admit that i love you!
dang it, i didnt think this would ever happen

Puppetmaster101
12-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Guys just remember that your opinions and theories are riding on the word "if" I could say that Forney getting to the state championship. Concludes that they are not the 2nd best team in the state but you would counter that with an opinion of your own and I would counter that so on and so on. So what ever floats your boat you can say but its not going to mean anything the coaches poll is the only poll that really counts because they cant be biast with their team in the rankings. :D

callandraise
12-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Let me show you just how pointless comparing scores is. Kennedale beat Everman 9 pts,Ballinger beat Kennedale 3 pts,Greenwood beat ballinger 22 pts and Bandera beat Greenwood 3 pts and one more Everman beat burnet 21 pts.What all this adds up to is Bandera is 37 pts better than Everman and 58 pts better than Burnet,but let's see didn't Burnet beat Bandera by 35 pts a while back.Thats why they go ahead and play. Callandraise

Jacket2000
12-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Let's also not forget that Crandall beat Kennedale as well. So, according to Jimbotex's theory, they also have a claim to the #1 spot.
My opinion is that the top 4 teams in the state are (in no particular order) Everman(well, they're #1 without a doubt), Burnet, Greenwood, and Bandera. Anyone else agree?
J2K

sinton66
12-23-2002, 07:40 PM
Regardless of personal opinions, the playoff system is the only poll that counts. Therefore, the final four are the top four. When ifs and buts become candy and nuts, we'll all have a Merry Christmas! wink

Old Cardinal
12-23-2002, 07:43 PM
I agree with you Jacket, that Everman and Burnet were the best in Div. I AND Greenwood and Bandera were the best in Div II. Where I would disagree is that I think there were 6 or 8 Div. I teams that could have beat either Greenwood or Bandera in a ballgame. There has been a difference in quality of the two divisions all along, but never as prevailent as this year.

olddawggreen
12-23-2002, 08:18 PM
I think I will just chuckle from the sidelines over this whole conversation. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Its apparent that we all long for the next football season! Merry Christmas to all and we will see you next year!

Burnet Dawg06
12-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Jimbotex40, It may be your OPINION that Forney is the 2nd best team in 3A-1 but the FACT is that Burnet is the 2nd best and Everman is the best.

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 08:30 PM
Chuckling from the sidelines it is, as it is now up to the rigorous off-season training to shape up the teams and prepare for next year's season...and like i said before, if forney was #2, then why did burnet go to the state game???..i can't possibly fathom this equation of stupidity...burnet rules and have a GREAT christmas...morons

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Burnet-05 ]</small>

Jacket2000
12-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Old Cardinal:
I agree with you Jacket, that Everman and Burnet were the best in Div. I AND Greenwood and Bandera were the best in Div II. Where I would disagree is that I think there were 6 or 8 Div. I teams that could have beat either Greenwood or Bandera in a ballgame. There has been a difference in quality of the two divisions all along, but never as prevailent as this year.Maybe, but who the hell knows? There's no way of knowing any of this. Hell, Greenwood might have hung a dollar bill on Burnet. The only one we know for sure is that Burnet was quite a bit better than Bandera(and it's a pretty safe bet that Everman woulda beat'em all of'em). So, to me, the only accurate way to do it is to rank the finalists first.
J2K

SkandarAkbar
12-24-2002, 12:22 AM
In the words of The Rock...."IT DOESN'T MATTER!"
The only thing that matters is that there are two teams who won state titles, and they deserve to be #1 and #2.

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: SkandarAkbar ]</small>

aamove
12-24-2002, 12:24 AM
I agree with you Jacket. When the season is over the what if's don't matter. Whether Forney finishes in the polls 2nd or 22nd it really don't matter. Forney out-played all expectations this year and for that I am grateful. All the good teams this year were tested at one point or another. Carthage almost ended Forney's season in week two of the playoffs. And Forney was within 8 points of ending Evermans. But, After the season is over the only thing that matters is "next year".

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 12:24 AM
SkandarAkbar:
In the words of The Rock..... "IT DOESN'T MATTER!"
The only thing that matters is that Everman and Burnet have the titles, and the rest of the rankings don't mean anything. Those 2 teams accomplished what all the other 3A teams set out to do at the beginning of the season; therefore, they deserve to be #1 and #2Don't you mean Everman and Bandera?

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Jimbotex40
12-24-2002, 02:31 AM
hey burnet-05:

what happened in the state fianl?
oh, thats right, yall got blown off the field by everman.

what happened when we played them?
we came up about 10 yards short.

i understand that comparing scores doesnt matter, especially in the regular season.

but there is a difference between a blowout and a close game.

so my argument still reigns king over everyone elses because Forney is the #2 team in 3A and no one can prove me wrong.

it's just like last year when they beat us in round 2, and they cruised through the rest of the playoffs.

that game, no doubt, was to decide who would win state.

olddawggreen
12-24-2002, 08:17 AM
Sorry, Jimbotex, I have to step on to the field for this one. For you to compare the Everman-Forney game and the Everman-Burnet game is just plain silly, there are any number of varibles that could be mentioned. A big one is the fact that Forney didn't have to take a knee for 20 minutes in the 1st quarter just as they were building a strong momentum. Im not saying that Burnet could have beat Everman, because in my book they are the best and deserve to hold the number one spot. But if we are going to play the what if game, what if there was no serious injury in the last part of the 1st quarter and the game had continued uninterrupted whith Burnet dominating the game as they did up to the poind of the injury. What if they were able to score enough points early in the game as they did with Jasper so that Everman would enter the locker room at half time shaken enough to throw their game off for the second half. What if, what if, what if? Shoot, lets keep going, What if after Burnet won the Division 2 State Title forom Everman, they decided to play Forney just so there would be no more what ifs and then beat Forney 70 to nothing leaving Forney so beaten that they decided to cancle their foodball program all together and concentrate soley on girls vollyball for the next 10 years! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: THE FACT IS EVERMAN BEAT BURNET BECAUSE THEY WERE THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD THAT DAY AND AFTER THE 1ST QUARTER THEY WERE PLAYING NOT JUST FOR THE STATE TITLE, BUT FOR A FALLEN TEAMMATE AS WELL, AND THEY DID A DARN GOOD JOB OF IT. THE FACT IS EVERMAN PLAYED IN THE DIVISION 2 STATE FINAL GAME AND HAS THE NUMBER ONE TROPYY IN IN THEIR TROPHY CASE TO PROVE IT AND BURNET PLAYED IN THE DIVISION 2 STATE FINAL GAME AND HAS THE NUMBER TWO TROPHY IN THEIR TROPHY CASE TO PROVE THAT. So quit crying about the fact that your team didn't get to play for the number 2 spot because they just didn't win enough games to get to the big one! I hope we see you in the playoffs next year, because in reality Forney has a very good football program and an excelent coaching staff who would be totaly ashamed of you sniviling BS.

jason
12-24-2002, 08:52 AM
Forney should be #2....that in non-debatable....I don't think it is, can you devate things on a message board ?????

GO FORNEY !!

olddawggreen
12-24-2002, 09:09 AM
Burnet should be number one, if they had just managed to win one more game. Forney should be number two, if they had just managed to win one more game.

Rabbit'93
12-24-2002, 10:06 AM
OLDDAWGGREEN- I've said it before and I'll say it again. Forney was up on Everman at halftime and they came out and put it to us. So your theory of "what if we scored enough points to shake them up". I don't think Everman gets shaken up. And by the way its Division I not II.

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 10:30 AM
I really feel sorry for the folks from Forney that frequent this message board. You guys are caught in the same situation that a lot of other teams face. There was someone in your pathway that beats you two years in a row, it happens to a lot of teams...You might ought to be glad that you were able to represent Region II; had Everman been in Region II like last year, you one have played one playoff game and lost, right there. At least you were able to get to play a few playoff games this time. A lot of teams could crybaby, "if THEY had not come down from 4A we would be representing the District!" Suck it up, quit crying and get ready for next year, you have a good program, don't spoil it...

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 10:31 AM
It double posted again..

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Rabbit'93
12-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Old Card You are the last person to say "quit Crying" you constantly try to spin things in the favor of BC, your reg., or you opinion in general. Should someone have a different opinion you will stand your ground no matter what. I believe this a case of do as I say not as I do.

Thank you for the compliments of the program.

Excuse me.....I have to find a tissue wink

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

PhiI C
12-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Well folks Thank Goodness Texas High School 3A football does at least have playoff systems and ultimate state champions. Especially considering all the controversy that seems to have come up with a playoff system! Can you imagine what it (controversy) would be like on this post if we were like NCAA College Football Division I where only two teams by opinion get to play for the National Championship. Whew! :) Merry Christmas everyone.

Burnet Dawg06
12-24-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry but how can Forney be #2 when they lost in the Semifinals?? Burnet lost not in the semifinals but in the finals. It could be debated that Forney could be #2 because if their score with Everman compared to Burnet's score with Everman. Ohhhhh Forney was up at the half! The fact is that they still didn't win. And Burnet made it to the finals but lost so there for they are #2, not Forney.

PPHSfan
12-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Ok, I have a simple solution. Next weekend Forney will play Burnet in an exhibition game in my back yard. Admission will be free, but nachos will be six bucks, and cokes will cost four dollars. EOTT and Sinton66 can bring a couple of friends and serve as referees. Old Cardinal will be doing the play by play, and slpybear can do "color". After the game is over, I will be presenting the "Second Place Is The FIRST Loser Trophy".

Hope to see all of you there. :p

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Rabbit'93
12-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Before I get to my point let me state this...I do not really care who is #1 through 20 or 30. I think that Forney, Sinton, Burnet, Bandera, Greenwood, Everman, whoever...are all great teams and deserve the praises they get. I do not care that Forney may not be better than Burnet.

Every one is making statements on the basis that JUST because Burnet made the finals that they are better than Forney. Who's to say that Forney isn't better. Logic tells me that if one team loses by 7 and the other by 21 to the same team, the team that lost by 7 is better than the team that lost by 21.
Also Everman and Bandera are both state champs. Who's better...majority says Everman....why, they both won the final. Like I said I'm in no way saying forney is better than burnet I just didn't like the whole "we're better because we made it to the finals".

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

Chris Hart
12-24-2002, 04:20 PM
Well guys we can all say what we want about who is #2, but the fact is we will never know. Forney played Everman within 7 points, while Burnet played them within 21 points. But Burnet's best 2 "Playmakers" were hobbled an ineffective against Everman. Now if were going to include Forney in on this, we can't rule out Jasper. They clearly had a better run defense than Burnet, and they would have matched up with Everman REALLY well, just because of the different match-ups. Jasper couldn't stop Burnet because they couldn't stop the pass, if Burnet would've been an run only team, they would have got it handed to em by Jasper. If Jasper had ended up playing Everman in the finals, I would give the edge to Jasper just because of the strengths of each team. I didn't get to see Forney play this year, but I'll bet Burnet would've matched up better against them than they did against Everman. Some of the posters that have been here all year, may remember a post I made after Burnet's 3rd game of the year. The first 3 were all blowouts by Burnet, but I noticed and made a post about it, that if Burnet ran into a team that just pounded the football and stayed with their game plan(Everman) that Burnet could be beat. I was bashed by alot of other posters from Burnet for posting that, but it was indeed the downfall of Burnet. I realize that if Burnet would've been healthy against Everman, they may have held the ball longer and probably scored more, but the Burnet defense would've still had trouble stopping Everman's offense, because their biggest strength matched-up against our biggest weakness. What I am saying is this, the match-ups are different in every game and every different opponent. I personally think Jasper could have beaten Everman and possibly Forney, if Forney's passing game wasn't clicking just right, but they just couldn't stop Burnet's passing attack because their biggest strength was against the run( and they were VERY dominant against the run), but we will never be able to justify a #2 because it simply doesn't matter. I agree with PPHSfan, 'second place is just the first loser'. The only thing that matters is that Everman kept winning, and they are #1, and they are the ones who got the rings.

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Old Cardinal
12-24-2002, 04:55 PM
Excellent analysis and attitude Chris, Burnet is my #2 team, this year, just like the Brackets say....I could not envision a passing attack that could topple Jasper; however, your team made a believer out of me, in the Jasper dismantling. Jasper took the running game away from Mexia, Cameron Yoe and Bridge City. I agree a running oriented team would have a hard time beating Jasper....Chris, I laughed at the Bridge City game, the Cardinals kept getting penalties for throwing low blocks, they would have had to have a po-go stick to throw legal blocks. We, as you know,had the smallest O&D lines in 3A football- and yet they held off Jasper to two TD's until the very last play of the 3rd quarter... How they won 11 games, I will never know, fielding such a small line... Thank the Lord we will field a much larger line for the next two years. I think that Burnet would have won the Everman contest had their skilled positions not been hobbled. It is extemely difficult for a predominately passing team to win State, look back at the records. You just have to have your skill positions at top-speed, and that is hard to have by the 15th game.....What are the real prospects for Burnet next year? Who all is coming back? Who is coming up to help you out, etc:? What was your sub-varsity team records?

HotDawg89
12-24-2002, 05:23 PM
Phil C:
I personally agree Forney should be No. 2 because this year they were Everman's biggest test in the playoffs. This was one the field. Since the two teams didn't meet it is meaningless to argue if Burnet would have beaten Forney in the State Championship. All you have is opinions that won't be settled on the field. It would be like arguing that Everman or Bandera has the better team.Well, ask someone from Burnet- we played them both- Everman is a tremendously better team than Bandera was. I'm so glad Bandera won- they represent our district. . . but Everman would have killed them. We did.

THings being what they are, for all you Forney folks out there, I am NOT making excuses, but there were several things that turned against us in our game with Everman. We had Shipley and McGee both hurt, McGee was almost immobile the entire game. Had he been well, he may have had more time to pass, as it was, Everman was just way too fast. Shipley's toe cost him several days in the hospital post Everman game. They were not at all the same calibur they were the rest of the season. Then there was a tragedy in the 1st quarter. It threw our Patrick Miller off completely and the momentum totally shifted. Then Everman was playing with emotion that was unreal. (They didn't know how badly Fulbright was hurt, but they knew it was serious.) I heard someone from their side yell, "Now go and win it for him." That is just what they did. All that said, if Burnet had been at 100%, we definately would have had a closer game, but even if we had been, I'm not sure we would have been prepared for Everman's talent and speed.

People are arguing that Forney and Everman were more closely matched--that Forney should be #2, but did you think about the possibility that Everman had an "off" game with Forney??? - that the close score was just a fluke? It doesn't really matter does it? That is the whole point.

Burnet desereves #2, they earned it.

<small>[ December 24, 2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
12-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Yeah Burnet earned #2 and they definetly deserve it. There's always next year Forney, don't try to take 2nd place away from Burnet.

Burnet-05
12-25-2002, 12:12 AM
umm...why IS this even being debated...Burnet is #2, not Forney, so shut the hell up about it, cause Burnet IS better than Forney, OR WE WOULDN"T BE #-FRIKKIN-2, OK?!??! JESUS, you little whining baby...it makes everyone sick..and don't even compare scores, cause I guaruntee Everman wasn't the same team both nights...SO JUST STOP YOUR CRYING JIMBOTEX cause you can cry when Everman beats yalls asses again next year.

Jimbotex40
12-25-2002, 03:16 PM
lol, that last post cracks me up.
thanks, burnet-05

how can u say that yall are better?

Burnet did not even come close to beating everman

Forney came 10 yards away rom tying them.

Burnet definitely does not deserve 2nd place.

they got killed by everman just like all the other sucky region 3 and 4 teams would have.

so quit saying that just because yall were in the easier side of the bracket, that yall are the second best team.

that's like saying that Monahans deserves to be in the top 8 teams even though they had negative 24 rushing yards against everman and got murdered by them as well.

just face it. yall got there and i will give yall credit for it, but you got whooped by everman.

WE did not.

is that a cause for Forney deserving 2nd place....I think so.

Burnet Dawg06
12-25-2002, 10:22 PM
You know what? Burnet is #2 no matter what so lets just keep it that way! Forney you got beat by Everman too so just shut up and don't try to take 2nd place from Burnet! They made it further that you did! It's like Burnet trying to take 1st place from Everman, I made that mistake saying that Burnet was better than Everman but they're not because Everman won. Everman is better that Burnet. So don't make the mistake of saying that Forney is better than Burnet this year. They might have been last year of maybe even next year but not this year! Our semifinal game was tough against Jasper too, they were really good but do you hear them complaning that they should be #2? No they arn't!

Jimbotex40
12-25-2002, 10:41 PM
burnet06: since you are just a freshman, i will ask you one question at a time (since you cant seem to handle all of this truth i am piling on you)...

without saying that yall made it to the finals (because thats not a valid reason), describe (in detail) how yall are better than us.

Billy Boy
12-25-2002, 10:46 PM
I think Jasper should be #3 and we'll give Forney #4 for having to play Everman. Ya'll think thats fair isn't. eek!

rholl
12-26-2002, 12:00 AM
I'm not going to argue for Forney or for Burnet, cause both of them had great teams but for the Forney people who say that they played Everman the closest game and what if'ing. One more what if to consider....what if Everman hadn't turned the ball over 5 times against Forney?

Jimbotex40
12-26-2002, 01:12 AM
hey rholl: did we not force those turnovers?

and the other idiot that said jasper deserves #3 and forney deserves #4, i will ignore that pathetic statement and give you one more chance to redeem yourself before i totally blast your retardation.

Billy Boy
12-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Jimbotex40:
hey rholl: did we not force those turnovers?

and the other idiot that said jasper deserves #3 and forney deserves #4, i will ignore that pathetic statement and give you one more chance to redeem yourself before i totally blast your retardation.Pull your underwear out of your crack and don't get so huffy. Thats just how me and Old Blue sees it. Man if you cant't a litte joke you need to take your what ifing some place else. The retardation comes from people that don't understand that they lost. You don't see a post like this about Jasper hey we lost put us were ever in the poll you want too we'll play the what if's on the football field next year.

rholl
12-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Jimbotex...no..those weren't forced turnovers....everyone knows Everman QB had probably his worst game of his career that night..two picks came on overthrows which I attribute more to the crown at Texas Stadium and at least one of the fumbles was a dropped snap or bumbled handoff.

Bandera YaYa
12-26-2002, 09:53 AM
THANKS FOR THE EARLY MORNING ENTERTAINMENT GUYS! I PLAN ON TAKING IN SOME AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES IN S.A. TODAY WITH SOME FRIENDS...WITH ALL THE CHRISTMAS FUN, I STILL HAVEN'T CLEANED THE WINDOWS OF MY VAN...STILL READS "BANDERA BULLDOGS-STATE CHAMPS 2002!" OH WELL, I'LL GET AROUND TO THAT SOMETIME....SO, I'M OFF FOR A LITTLE FUN, I'M SURE WHEN I RETURN, THIS POST WILL BE PAGES AND PAGES LONGER OF DROOLING AND WHINING AND CRYING....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG!" YA'LL MAKE YOUR LISTS AND CHECK THEM TWICE (IF YOU CAN AGREE ON ONE) ...OH YEAH...CHRISTMAS IS OVER!! WELL MAYBE YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU WANT NEXT YEAR..!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! YA YA!!

Jimbotex40
12-26-2002, 08:29 PM
sorry, rholl:
i guess i was wrong when i assumed that if our player caught the ball thrown by the opposing teams QB, that it is luck. just a common misconception.

Bandera yaya: congrats on your championship, thats great. i would be bragging also.

Jimbotex40
12-29-2002, 02:17 AM
hmm....i guess i got the last word on this topic.

rholl
12-29-2002, 05:52 PM
no not really

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2002, 06:05 PM
Why don't we get some people from Everman to decide??? They played both Forney and Burnet, and I'm sure they could tell who the better team was.

Goob
12-29-2002, 06:09 PM
I don't think so. There is no second best there is only Div 1 champs and Div 2 champs. Heck even the BCS can't get the best teams to play each other half them time. :D

Jimbotex40
12-29-2002, 07:55 PM
one of my friends told me that everman thought we were better than burnet so i guess thats whose opinion i respect more than matthew's and even my own opinion.

jason
12-29-2002, 11:50 PM
GO FORNEY !!!!!!!

Burnet-05
12-29-2002, 11:56 PM
jimbotex-stop your crying, you queer little child

Jimbotex40
12-30-2002, 09:44 AM
im not crying...i am, now, just being content in knowing that without a shadow of a doubt, we were better than yall.

rholl
12-30-2002, 10:58 AM
I am from Everman....and I said from the beginning that I wasn't going to argue about who was better between the two great programs of Forney and Burnet....but Jimbo keeps pushing that just because they were closer in total points than Burnet means they should get 2nd...my point was thats not necessairly true.

Burnet Dawg06
12-30-2002, 01:30 PM
Doesn't it mean that if Burnet has the trophy stating that they are #2 in their trophy case, then they are #2? I think so. Forney doesn't have the #2 trophy so they are not #2! Stop trying to take #2 away from Burnet! :mad:

Bongo
12-30-2002, 02:17 PM
I can imagine people sitting at their computer shouting "WE'RE #2, WE'RE #2!". Who gives a rat's behind. You're number 2,3, 4 or whatever! Maybe your team can improve and actually win the #2 trophy next year. Man, won't that be something!

Since I don't have a dog in this fight, I figure I can make an unbiased decision. Burnet has the trophy for #2...enjoy it, it's yours and you earned it. You had a shot at the holy grail of 3a football and fell short. There's no shame in that.

Jimbotex40
12-30-2002, 03:46 PM
the trophy yall have would not say #2, it would say state finalists.

my point isnt that we made it to the finals, cuz we did not accomplish that.

my point is that we are the second best team, not that we made it the second farthest in the playoffs.

Burnet Dawg06
12-30-2002, 06:24 PM
well my point is that if Burnet made it the second farthest in the playoffs then they are #2. See, your opinion is that Forney should be #2 but they aren't. Burnet is because they earned it and Forney did not earn it.

PPHSfan
12-30-2002, 09:18 PM
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/113/8147393/1041301023359_2ndPlace.GIF

Shotgun73
12-30-2002, 11:00 PM
I think that it is time to put this topic to rest. Does it really matter what someone from Forney or Burnet thinks as far as who the #2 team in the state should be? Does that mean that you will be satisfied if you are recognized as #2? Both teams had a great year. Let's just leave it at that. Win state next year and leave no doubt. Be proud of what each school accomplished this year and set your goals a little higher next year. 2002 is history.

crzyjournalist03
12-30-2002, 11:03 PM
Burnet-05:
jimbotex-stop your crying, you queer little childLol...always nice to see a sophomore call a senior "little".

Old Cardinal
12-31-2002, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to give Jimbotex 40 the award for "CRYING OVER SPILT MILK". He was able to crybaby the same statement 16 times in the course of one Post. Congratulations to Jimbotex 40!

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 05:07 PM
oh man, why oh why couldn't forney drop back down to 3a with Burnet?? LMAO!

and just skimming some of these posts - alot of these folks would be thread banned, suspended and/or ejected!! :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
02-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

and just skimming some of these posts - alot of these folks would be thread banned, suspended and/or ejected!! :eek: :eek:

Yep...tis a shame in a way!!:)