PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel Tarpons vs. La Feria Lions

Kool Tarpon 21
10-20-2002, 10:24 PM
This is the game that's going to decide who wins district. We're both undefeated and we're both playing well. I don't know what to say. I am looking forward in playing against them because I like competition. I just want to play a great game. I hope we do play a great game. I know it's going to be a good game so you all football fans might start considering going to this game. Well, I hope to see you all there.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

sinton66
10-20-2002, 11:00 PM
Missle, you guys are gonna have to play mistake free, and create a couple of turnovers. Data Poll has you currently favored by +5, but I think that's gonna swing the other way with the update. I see about a +13 for La Feria. They have three consecutive shut outs, and have allowed only 52 points so far in 7 games. They are running about a 4.42 to 1 pf/pa ratio, and you guys are at 2.51 to 1. I think PI is perfectly capable of winning this one, but it isn't going to be easy. Good luck to you and your teammates. :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-20-2002, 11:15 PM
In my opinion, I think La Feria is a bit over-rated. Their non-district schedule, although not as bad as Rio Hondo's, was nothing to write home about either. Their non-district schedule consisted of a 2A team and a private school which they both blew out, a bad but not horrible 4A team in Mercedes which La Feria only beat by a touchdown, and a currently 3rd place team in 32-4A that La Feria beat by a single point.

In comparison to teams that both P.I. and La Feria have played, even though both blew away Rio Hondo with similar scores (45-0 for P.I. and 44-0 for La Feria), La Feria struggled mightily with Hidalgo (15-13, game won with last second FG) compared to Port Isabel's manhandling of Hidalgo (35-3).

Even then.....still take the Lions VERY seriously. I take P.I. by 14 in what I think will be a high scoring affair.

Lets get us some Lions!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Data Poll JUST updated.

La Feria @ Port Isabel +3.4

rest of 32-3A is as follows....

Rio Hondo +3.4 @ Lyford
Raymondville +38.6 @ Progreso
Hidalgo has a bye.

nfcfan
10-21-2002, 12:57 AM
PI by 17.

I agree PI without a doubt played a tougher schedule than LaFeria.

PI lost by a TD to what is probably the best team in the valley the 4A LosFresnos Falcons.While...

LaFeria beat 4A Mercedes(2-5team) 14-7. Which is the same team the LF Falcons ended up beating 49-14.

I can't remember the last time PI played a 2A team!

Missle did i see you right? I thought i saw you run a sweep play against the cats, you slipped on the wet grass, though, eek! Tell the coach to run another play against LF. I can forsee a big run outta you. wink

footballgal
10-21-2002, 09:24 AM
Missile & Kristen check your PMs PLEASE!

Big Tarp 74
10-21-2002, 11:47 AM
In hearing all about La Feria, I would just like to say, take this game very seriously. If you play the game the way you all did against Los Fresnos, La Feria will live a nightmare on HWY 100. Do not wait for them to bring the game to you, bring it to them from the start. La Feria, is not a very good running team. They are a better passing team. Just shut them down early. Please review the tapes on them. Watch what they do. As for the teams La Feria has played, do not
thing about it. They will be playing on a different level. :D :D

Kakarot
10-21-2002, 10:24 PM
I just cant wait to play La Feria its gonna be a tough one but i just cant wait. :D

hell_raiser
10-22-2002, 12:07 AM
hey tarpons!! this is a crucial game to determine who gets the district crown. i know very well that what rio hondo did sendig that postcard saying they were the district champs pissed the team off. This friday night is the time to show that the 32-AAA district crown belongs in port isabel. Defense, You guys are doing an excellent job. Im sure that if coach V were still here with us, he would be extremely proud of the defense and your acomplishments. Offense, you guys are giving the district and astonishing performance each and every week by posting up those points. keep up the goodwork guys . this week is going to be a tough match up highlighting two of the valley's best football squads. in my opinion the tarps will take this one by a fairly big margin. go big blue machine. win this one for coach V!!!

nfcfan
10-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Hey PI fans! Go vote for your fav. Tarpon player at valleyfootball.com

Heh, they have LaFeria as the no.1 team in the valley... not to sure about those rankings, about 3 weeks back they had Rio Hondo #1, right before they played PI; now there at #20. eek!

Kool Tarpon 21
10-23-2002, 08:12 PM
I don't know how La Feria is ranked #1 in the valley. I think they're good, but not to be the number 1 team in the valley. In my opinion, I think Los Fresnos should be #1. Anyways, I can't wait to play them this Friday. If they're the number 1 team in the valley, then it's going to be a good game. I want to see how good they are. Two more days. Let's see how we do against the "#1" team in the valley. Hope to see everyone out there.

P.S. P.I. TARPON FANS I WANT TO HEAR YA'LL MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Kool Tarpon 21 ]</small>

TarponRl3k
10-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Kool Tarpon 21:

P.S. P.I. TARPON FANS I WANT TO HEAR YA'LL MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

Hmm...well, not all Band students are really Fans, but we'll all be makin noise for you guys out there.
I don't care what rank La Feria is, these rankings have been pretty wack all season, PI is #1 in class 3a, Los Fresnos in the Valley

Kool Tarpon 21
10-25-2002, 06:34 AM
Well, it's finally the day to play. I can honestly say I'm ready to play. It's raining here. I hope there is no lightning or else they're going to postpone our game. I don't want for it to be postponed. I hope it stops raining and gets better. Well, I hope to see you all there. IT'S TARPON TIME BABY!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

sinton66
10-25-2002, 06:47 AM
Best of luck Tarpons, if you play YOUR game, LaFeria will be chasing you all night. Step up and take it to them. wink

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Kick some butt tonight, Tarpons. I'll be there with you in spirit. I should be down for another game come playoffs time.

But before that, take care of business tonight vs. La Feria.

GO BIG BLUE!!!