PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Football 2007

NDFootball
11-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Say what you will about them...they never quit. I'm proud to be an ND fan today...plus there are some positive signs going into next season.

thewyliefan
11-24-2007, 07:58 PM
it must not be hard to make you proud NDfootball:)

3afan
11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Say what you will about them...they never quit. I'm proud to be an ND fan today...plus there are some positive signs going into next season.

wow- they squeeked by Stanford!!!

NDFootball
11-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan

I hate you Brett. Seriously. D:<

NDFootball
11-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

well hey when you're 2-9 you take what you can get. :D

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Duke and Stanford, haha

rockdale80
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Especially since Baylor and Notre Dame had the same record. :D

NDFootball
11-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Duke and Stanford, haha
They beat UCLA...3-9 thanks :D

thewyliefan
11-24-2007, 08:35 PM
hahahaha man you crack me up NDfootball

Phil C
11-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Notre Dame will be back. Remember they are a Christian school that even though sports are important acedemics and Christian morals are considered highest priority there. Remember you don't hear about scandals or players getting arrested there.
It is a Catholic Christian School. I admire the Catholic Church.

Technoredneck
11-25-2007, 09:41 AM
And nobody stays up or down forever, nobody

ILS1
11-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

Yeah, but Stanford beat USC this year!!

:D :D :D

rockdale80
11-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Notre Dame will be back. Remember they are a Christian school that even though sports are important acedemics and Christian morals are considered highest priority there. Remember you don't hear about scandals or players getting arrested there.
It is a Catholic Christian School. I admire the Catholic Church.

Being Catholic doesnt win football games. And I am sure there are things swept under the rug there, just like any other university. And not all of the players are catholic either.

DDBooger
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Being Catholic doesnt win football games. And I am sure there are things swept under the rug there, just like any other university. And not all of the players are catholic either. you took him serious lol:D i haven't been here as long but I know when PhilC posts its hilarious!

philc any suggestions on where i can listen to a good band when in south padre/port isabel area?

rockdale80
11-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
you took him serious lol:D i haven't been here as long but I know when PhilC posts its hilarious!

philc any suggestions on where i can listen to a good band when in south padre/port isabel area?

I know PhilC was being sarcastic. 95% of his posts are. ;)
I said that because there are several people that think exactly like Phil posted.

NDFootball
11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
And nobody stays up or down forever, nobody

I'm anxious to see next season already...Charlie Weis would quit before he gets fired he does not accept losing. Look at his resume. I don't know how people make the comparison of records between him and Tyrone Willingham, I really don't. They have similar records now (after the worst season in school history), but before the start of this season he was 19-6 as the head coach of Notre Dame. Everyone (except probably him and I) thought it would be a down year for Notre Dame anyways with so many losses to graduation/NFL. Now people are calling for his head and I just think it's amazing the kind of short term memories people have these days.

btw Has everyone taken an ND appreciation class since I've been gone? I'm impressed there's been no harrassment yet on how bad they are...but maybe that's because there's no arguing that this year :(

thewyliefan
11-25-2007, 03:40 PM
yea...weis won his first couple of years.

WITH THE PLAYERS THAT HE DIDNT EVEN RECRUIT. now that he has his guys in control its showing how good he really can be:rolleyes:

im not expecting much out of them next year, you shouldnt either NDfootball:) haha

big daddy russ
11-25-2007, 03:57 PM
yea...weis won his first couple of years.

WITH THE PLAYERS THAT HE DIDNT EVEN RECRUIT. now that he has his guys in control its showing how good he really can be:rolleyes:

im not expecting much out of them next year, you shouldnt either NDfootball:) haha
Goes to show you how much those two consecutive years of crappy recruiting thinned out their program. Willingham's last class was not only pathetic, but also didn't net many kids in terms of numbers. When Weis was first hired, he waited until after the Super Bowl to start his new job, and didn't have the time to put together a proper recruiting class. Also, a lot of those recruits that had committed to Willingham had dropped from the fold, and talent level thinned out quite a bit as those classes moved up into the roles of key players.

Those kids are seniors and juniors (or redshirt sophomores and juniors) this year and you can see the results. Part of this was Willingham's doing, the other part was Weis' committment to his former team, but the Irish have put together consecutive top-ten recruiting classes with great talent and big numbers (over 45 recruits have arrived on campus in those two years) and many are already seeing significant playing time. On top of that, they tentatively have the number one class in the nation right now--- and it's not even close.

I guess I knew this type of year was coming, I just didn't realize how bad it would really be. Expect a significant improvement next year and again the following year. I'll be conservative and say that they'll go bowling next season, but I'm expecting closer to an eight-win season.

Gobbla2001
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I buy the recruiting deal, he has better players coming up... I just don't think Weis is cut out for managing a whole college team right now... from the way they practice to the way they play the game... maybe he'll grow into a college coach a bit more...

Phil C
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
you took him serious lol:D i haven't been here as long but I know when PhilC posts its hilarious!

DD go to hear the Pelican West Band. Their place is located just south of the Raddisson Hotel at South Padre Island and they are open every night except Monday. Enjoy! This band is fantastic and I will go there when I go to South Padre Island next summer.

WTF-82
11-25-2007, 09:01 PM
ITS OK FUNNY TO CRACK AT ND NOW BUT THEY WILL BE BACK

Gobbla2001
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
NO

rockdale80
11-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
ITS OK FUNNY TO CRACK AT ND NOW BUT THEY WILL BE BACK

Doubtful