PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer, Mabank, and Roosevelt

kepdawg
11-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Gilmer had to play in cold, rainy conditions all day! :(

Mabank did not have to play in the same conidtions! :confused:

Roosevelt should talk to Mabank and figure out how they played on the same field at the same time as Gilmer but did not have the same weather conditions to deal with! :D

kaorder1999
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM
i was wondering the same thing!

lostaussie
11-24-2007, 09:53 PM
we definately are not good mudders...............looked like we were in slow motion all day. on a dry field i personally think we would have thumped them. but it wasn't a dry field and they played actually better in the rain than we did. they just didn't have a back that could carry the load.

Daddy D 11
11-24-2007, 09:58 PM
gilmer,mabanks and roosevelt.....

would all lose to LH :devil:

Emerson1
11-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Why were they playing a playoff game on grass in the first place?

charlesrixey
11-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
gilmer,mabanks and roosevelt.....

would all lose to LH :devil:

i'm sure we'll find out

lostaussie
11-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i'm sure we'll find out yes we will:D

kepdawg
11-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why were they playing a playoff game on grass in the first place?

I thought Homer @ SFA has turf! :thinking:

Emerson1
11-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I thought Homer @ SFA has turf! :thinking:
I didn't know where they played, lostaussie made is sound like the field was wet and muddy.

lostaussie
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I thought Homer @ SFA has turf! :thinking: it does.

kaorder1999
11-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
it does.

I guess the mudders comment through everyone off. With what Mabank does on offense im sure a dry field would have helped them too

pirate4state
11-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I guess the mudders comment through everyone off. With what Mabank does on offense im sure a dry field would have helped them too

I agree! Aside from the rain & cold, this was a fun game to watch. Mabank did a fine job. There were times when they had 2 WRs open and the QB didn't look their way - probably had to do with him being under pressure some of the time. :D The times he did have time - he wouldn't throw it to them. :( I wanted Gilmer to win for purely selfish reasons. I want to see next weeks game, but I like rooting for the "underdog" and liked what I saw from Mabank. :clap:

Gilmer had better hit it hard this week at practice on their pass defense or it could be a long night for them! :eek:

JR2004
11-25-2007, 02:28 AM
Gilmer had to play in cold, rainy conditions all day! :(

Mabank did not have to play in the same conidtions! :confused:

Roosevelt should talk to Mabank and figure out how they played on the same field at the same time as Gilmer but did not have the same weather conditions to deal with! :D

It was a rare East Texas weather anomaly Kep. I thought you knew about this kind of stuff! It was the feared Piney Woods El Nino rearing its ugly head!

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
It was those Southlake Carroll-style unis that did it for Mabank. < /sarcasm>

I heard that's why they agreed to be the road team without a coin toss.

They asked if they could wear their home green-and-black color scheme in exchange for letting Gilmer be home team, but in our road all-white unis.

I am not one of those Gilmer fans who tries to explain why a team plays us close with bogus, spurious reasons.

I think the Panthers played us close because, at this point in the season, they are nearly as good a team. Their offensive line is VERY good. The QB is a southpaw gunslinger, which makes sense with a name like Kolton Browning. His receivers are surehanded with a knack for finding seams in coverage.

The Tony Franklin System™ is working for them. Tony ought to sell quite a few more $1,500 initial consultation fees from the video of this game.
http://thetonyfranklinsystem.teamhiway.com/?cache=0

For all I know on a dry field they might have done even better and possibly won the game.

In my view, it would now be a HUGE upset if the Buckeyes were to defeat Roosevelt, but they have to go ahead and play the game in Mesquite anyhow. The ball can take some crazy bounces and ANYTHING is possible.

The Gilmer coaches, I think, DO believe they can TOTALLY outcoach the Velt ones. They will also be lobbying for lots of yellow laundry to be thrown against the Mustangs on practically every play, maybe justifiably so.

That may or may not matter with an athlete like McNeil and his supporting cast.