PDA

View Full Version : Abilene High updates?

bigron15
11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
any updates? has it even started yet?

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Last report I saw was AHS up 42-0 close to half. Welcome to El Paso Football.

ACU leads Chadron State 28-14 as well.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 03:49 PM
they should have a seperate El Paso bracket in the playoffs every year in football. It isnt like they are gonna beat anyone outside of EP.

olddawggreen
11-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Looks like its gonna be Abiline and Southlake next week at Texas Stadium:)

wildstangs
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
they should have a seperate El Paso bracket in the playoffs every year in football. It isnt like they are gonna beat anyone outside of EP.

No joke - let them play in New Mexico. They could give Artesia a battle.

injuredinmelee

so AHS gets to go get donkey stomped by SLC next week.

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 03:52 PM
AHS is up 56-6 now. Little Warren in at QB.

Stownhorse
11-24-2007, 03:52 PM

I hope not.

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Abilene High is super quick this year. It will be a close game.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Abilene High is super quick this year. It will be a close game.

AHS is very very very vulnerable to the pass. It has been their achilles all year. Sitting in the stands for the AHS/Denton Ryan game all I could think about was "wow SLC and their passing attack is gonna kill this team."

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 04:14 PM
AHS is very very very vulnerable to the pass. It has been their achilles all year. Sitting in the stands for the AHS/Denton Ryan game all I could think about was "wow SLC and their passing attack is gonna kill this team."

Didn't know that. I guess most of their district doesn't pass the ball.

If thats the case - Uh oh. Hopefully wont be a repeat of the last time they played them.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Didn't know that. I guess most of their district doesn't pass the ball.

If thats the case - Uh oh. Hopefully wont be a repeat of the last time they played them.

that was uglllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 04:25 PM

idk injured, SLC doesn't look that great this year

STANG RED
11-24-2007, 04:28 PM
EP did have one team 3 or 4 years back that did make it 3 rounds deep, and I dont think got blown out bad when they did lose. But that is the only EP team that I can ever remember doing anything.

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
EP did have one team 3 or 4 years back that did make it 3 rounds deep, and I dont think got blown out bad when they did lose. But that is the only EP team that I can ever remember doing anything.

Yeah, if I remember it was either Franklin or Montwood. Beat Abilene High with their OU bound QB.

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 04:41 PM
remember the year Cooper hosted one of the EP schools at Shotwell when Rhodes was a SR. and they had the kid at QB that ended up going to UCLA ( Stansbury)? Rhodes ran a punt back, kickoff back, at least one rushing td and one recieving. Was an impressive showing for sure.

garciap77
11-24-2007, 04:46 PM
No joke - let them play in New Mexico. They could give Artesia a battle.

Explain this one?

Los Alamos
Boys HIGH SCHOOL Football Fall 07-08 (4A District 2 LEAGUE)

11/9/07 TBA Bernalillo (NM) ** W 95-0
11/16/07 TBA Moriarty (NM) **** L 0-37

** denotes league game
**** denotes playoff game

How can you win by 95 and then lose by 37? Is this only in New Mexico? Do you think Los Alamos might have taken some lesson on running up the score from Cuero? Just kidding Cuero folks don't want to start anything!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

garciap77
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Maybe we should send Snyder to play against them?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Explain this one?

Los Alamos

** denotes league game

How can you win by 95 and then lose by 37? Is this only in New Mexico? Do you think Los Alamos might have taken some lesson on running up the score from Cuero? Just kidding Cuero folks don't want to start anything!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

lmao very good post. Thanks for the updates last night. Very much appreciated

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Explain this one?

Los Alamos

Their football sucks - thats why. Some classes don't even have 30 schools in the whole classification.

Artesia is a power out there - they have won something like 20 state championships.

** denotes league game

wildstangs
11-24-2007, 04:57 PM
AHS wins 56-18. Next up are the Dragons at Texas Stadium.

garciap77
11-24-2007, 05:03 PM
lmao very good post. Thanks for the updates last night. Very much appreciated

You are welcome!

olddawggreen
11-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
idk injured, SLC doesn't look that great this year

Right, they are all broken up and should be easy to push out of the way for AHS's march to the finals.:doh:

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Right, they are all broken up and should be easy to push out of the way for AHS's march to the finals.:doh:

i don't think it will be easy by any means, but last i heard they are missing a lot of starters including Tre Newton to injuries........but if injured is right about they're vulnerability to the pass....start airing up b-balls in abilene cuz Riley Dodge is gonna pick them apart

Snyder_TigerFan
11-24-2007, 06:57 PM
How good is the SLC offensive line? I wonder how many times Chris Williams will be able to put Dodge to the turf? That guy is one FUN player to watch.

3afan
11-24-2007, 07:04 PM
2005 EP Frankiln beat SA Central 28-14, Summit 41-38, then lost to Trinity 63-14

olddawggreen
11-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i don't think it will be easy by any means, but last i heard they are missing a lot of starters including Tre Newton to injuries........but if injured is right about they're vulnerability to the pass....start airing up b-balls in abilene cuz Riley Dodge is gonna pick them apart

Based on watching the Dragons most of the season and all of the playoffs, Theres no doubt in my mind that they will be ready for AHS. Trey Newton has missed the last two games, could have come back this week, but should be back next. I believe he's the only noticable starter missing at this time, Cantu was back last night. The team has rolled on just fine with out them so far. Dodge can run it as good as he can throw it, and he throws it good.

It will be great to have Trey back, but the Dragons are capable of getting the job done without him. One thing i really like about the Dragons is that they NEVER take anyone for granted, They prepare. I've been looking forward to the SLC/AHS match up all season, it should be a good one.

For what it's worth, this will be the third playoff game for SLC in Texas Stadium this year. Kind of like Dragon Stadium East.:)