PDA

View Full Version : Seminole

VERNONLION#1
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Can some of you West Tx. posters fill us in on this team as we know nothing about them. What do they do offensively and defensively etc.

garciap77
11-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Stats, Rankings, Scores, Schedules, Rosters, Photos and more

Seminole Indians Fall 07-08
Boys Varsity Football
Date Time Opponent Result
8/31/07 N/A vs. Post 49-6
9/7/07 N/A vs. Denver City 7-0
9/14/07 N/A vs. Canyon 13-46
9/21/07 N/A @ Fort Stockton 14-25
9/28/07 N/A vs. Andrews 21-25
10/5/07 N/A @ Lamesa 53-0
10/12/07 N/A @ Greenwood 14-24
10/26/07 N/A vs. Brownfield ** 41-14
11/2/07 N/A @ Levelland ** 20-19
11/9/07 N/A vs. Cooper ** 41-6
11/16/07 N/A vs. Greenwood 27-19
11/23/07 N/A vs. Anthony 49-13
11/30/07 TBA vs. Vernon
** denotes league game
* denotes exhibition game

Head Coach: Chris Burtch
3A Region I District 4
Region I
Seminole, TX

- www.maxpreps.com -

Do not know much about them but they did beat Greenwood, so I would not underestimate them. Good luck Vernon!

Stownhorse
11-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Consider it a bye round.

Dominicfrank
11-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Odd results, seem to have missed something early, did they get a p[layer back or something? They knocked us out I believe in 1997? when we were number one I think. Not sure.

Ranger Mom
11-24-2007, 07:40 PM
We beat them during the season and they beat us in the playoff game.

Their QB is good....nothing special about the team....Vernon should take this one VERY easily, IMO!!

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Their QB is good....nothing special about the team....Vernon should take this one VERY easily, IMO!!

Thats what I hear...:thinking:

mchavez
11-24-2007, 08:23 PM
so where is the game going to be?

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
so where is the game going to be?

Sweetwater Saturday afternoon.....2 or 4 pm

If a night game is booked it will be 2 pm....Other teams are waiting on the outcome of the Graham/Argyle game to see if a 3rd game will be at Mustang Bowl!

garciap77
11-24-2007, 08:32 PM
That would be great! Three game at the stang bowl!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Sweetwater Saturday afternoon.....2 or 4 pm

If a night game is booked it will be 2 pm....Other teams are waiting on the outcome of the Graham/Argyle game to see if a 3rd game will be at Mustang Bowl!

Are you saying that Snyder vs. Graham/Argyle might be in Sweetwater? No offense, but I would MUCH rather see them play at Shotwell.

DaHop72
11-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Are you saying that Snyder vs. Graham/Argyle might be in Sweetwater? No offense, but I would MUCH rather see them play at Shotwell. The word I got yesterday would be that our game would be in Shotwall, they just weren't sure whether it would be Friday or Saturday.

Technoredneck
11-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I heard the SHS principal say the game would be at Abilene whether it would be Argyle or Graham right after the Snyder/Monahans game.

westtexasfbfan
11-24-2007, 09:01 PM
I agree! There's nothing special about the Mustang Bowl!

Ranger Mom
11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
The word I got yesterday would be that our game would be in Shotwall, they just weren't sure whether it would be Friday or Saturday.

It would be awesome if it was after the Permian game Saturday....we may go to that one!!

westtexasfbfan
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Can some of you West Tx. posters fill us in on this team as we know nothing about them. What do they do offensively and defensively etc.

They are an average team. They run the spread offense. They do have speed and they aren't very big. They have a good defense when it counts. I don't think Vernon will have a problem beating them. However, I'm from West Texas, and I'm going with the Indians.

westtexasfbfan
11-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Not to judge Seminole on the Greenwood games, but Greenwood wasn't that good this year compared to teams of the past. I respect what others think about the football program at Greenwood, but this year they were an ok team. When it counted, they didn't get the job done. The good teams do!

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Consider it a bye round.

I concur.

We played them a few years ago in Odessa's Ratliffe stadium.
That is still the coldest game I've ever attended even after
yesterday in Lubbock.

The one thing I remember about that game is they had one player
that never left the field (QB/FS/KR/PR/K/P). He pretty much
complained to the refs the whole game or as coaches would
say "worked them".

Ranger Mom
11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
Not to judge Seminole on the Greenwood games, but Greenwood wasn't that good this year compared to teams of the past. I respect what others think about the football program at Greenwood, but this year they were an ok team. When it counted, they didn't get the job done. The good teams do!

Okay...that is neither here nor there though. My POINT was....I saw them twice, wasn't impressed either time! I have no other games to judge them on.

I never said Greenwood was good this year. I said from the get-go we were down and would be for a few years to come.

So, that being said, I still stick by what I said!!

GetRDoneStangs
11-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
The word I got yesterday would be that our game would be in Shotwall, they just weren't sure whether it would be Friday or Saturday.

I have been on the phone with Coach Rogers...and as of 7 pm Shotwhell is out....Mustang Bowl is an option....the current game will decide who/where the Tiigers will play......

Snyder_TigerFan
11-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I have been on the phone with Coach Rogers...and as of 7 pm Shotwhell is out....Mustang Bowl is an option....the current game will decide who/where the Tiigers will play......

:mad: :mad: :mad:

GWOOD
11-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Here's some stats from the Seminole/Greenwood playoff game:

Seminole - 10 First Downs, 28-134 rushing, 6-11, 76 passing
Greenwood - 16 First Downs, 45-249 rushing, 3-6 108 passing

Seminole had a 84 yard KO return for TD to start the second half and then after Greenwood drove and scored on the next series, Seminole had a 59 yd KO return to the 27 where they scored in 4 plays.

Seminole had one other big play--a 59 yard catch and run in the 1st half. The only real impressive drive they had was their last one--which was when it counted.

I think Greenwood's offense and defense was slightly better than Seminole but they kicked us bad on special teams, which was the difference in the game.

Seminole is not big and they are not that fast. Fast teams gave us fits this year-e.g., Brownfield- and Seminole was not that strong offensively either time we played them.

I think Vernon takes this one easily.

fury900
11-24-2007, 11:33 PM
On the Warpath--Seminole Takes 49-13 Win Over Anthony
Published on: Nov 24, 2007
PECOS--"Two down, four to go!"
Those words--spoken by Seminole head coach Chris Burtch--were followed by a roar of cheers from his Indian varsity football team after they had claimed a 49-13 win over the Anthony Wildcats in the Class 3A, Division II Area Championship at Pecos' Rotary Field.
"It sure is nice to have two of these (playoff) gold footballs in our hands," said Burtch. "Our kids played great and I give God the honor and glory, as I always do--win or loss."
With the win, Seminole will advance to the Class 3A, Division II Regional Quarterfinals, where they will take on the No. 12 ranked Vernon Lions in a scheduled Saturday matchup at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl.
A scheduled kickoff time had not been set by coaches from Seminole and Vernon as of presstime Friday.
Seminole (8-4), controlled every aspect of Friday's Area Championship game, as the Indian offense racked up 408 yards in total offense and scored 35 of their points in the second quarter alone.
But it was Anthony (7-4 overall) who drew first blood against the Indians in Friday's contest, as Wildcat senior receiver Sal Garcia hauled in an 84 yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Luis Alvarez to take an early 7-0 lead.
"I was a little concerned about them scoring so quickly on us, but we also had a feeling that they would go to their 'go-to' player (Garcia)," said Burtch. " But I felt that we answered the call well and shut them down offensively tonight."
That Wildcat score, which came with 9:33 left in the first, was followed by Jon Salazar score with 4:47 left in the period that tied the contest up at 7-7 heading into the second.
Seminole's 35-point second quarter began with 10:52 left in the period, as junior running back Nicky Nave scored from five yards out to give the Indians a 14-7 advantage.
Nave, who finished the night with 131 yards on 11 carries and two scores, also scored with 6:53 left in the period on a 32 yard run tthat gave the Indians a 35-7 advantage.
Prior to that score, junior Indian quarterback Steven Garza connected with senior receiver Richard Cortez for a 44 yad score that gave the Indians a 20-7 lead after a failed point-after-attempt with 9:44 left.
Just 11 seconds later, on Anthony's first offensive play in the ensuing possession, Alvarez, who was flushed out of the pocket by several Indian defenders, coughed up the football into the awaiting hands of senior Seminole linebacker Andrew Espino, who returned the ball 18 yards for the Indians, giving Seminole a 28-7 lead.
Seminole pushed the lead out to 42-7 with 1:26 left in the period, as Garza, who threw for 140 yards and three scores, connected with senior wideout Corbin McDaniel for a 54 yard touchdown pass.
McDaniel had two catches on the night, which included an eight yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter from Salazar on a halfback pass.
"I felt that we were real successful in moving the ball against them (Anthony) tonight," said Burtch. "They brought a different look to us defensively tonight, which took us by surprise at first, but after some adjustments, we got things rolling.
Vernon (11-1 overall) who No. 12 ranking was given by Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine, punched their ticket to the Class 3A , Division II Regional Quaterfinals following a 25-7 win over the Sweetwater Mustangs Friday evening at Wolfforth's Tiger Stadium.

Class 3A Division II
Area Championship
Friday, Nov. 23, 2007
@ Rotary Field, Pecos
Seminole 49 Lamesa 13
Seminole 7 35 0 7--49
Anthony 7 6 0 0--13

AHS SEM
First Downs 15 20
Total Yards 228 403
Rush Yds. 42 255
Pass Yds. 186 148
Att/Comp 12-23 8-11
Turnovers 4 0
Interceptions 1 0
Fumbles/Lost 4/3 1/0

Scoring Summary
First Quarter
AHS--Sal Garcia 84 yd. pass from Luis Alvarez, (Hector Meraz PAT), 9:25
SEM--Jon Salazar 1 yd. run, (Salazar PAT), 4:47

Second Quarter
SEM--Nicky Nave 5 yd. run, (Salazar PAT), 10:52
SEM--Richard Cortez 44 yd. pass from Steven Garza, (PAT Failed), 9:44
SEM--Andrew Espino 18 yd. fumble recovery (Garza pass to Shawn Vega), 9:33
SEM--Nave 32 yd. run, (Salazar PAT), 6:53.
SEM--Corbin McDaniel 54 yd. pass from Garza, (Salazar PAT), 1:26.
AHS--Meraz 1 yd. run, (PAT Failed), :47.

Third Quarter
no scoring

Fourth Quarter
SEM--McDaniel 8 yd. pass from Salazar, (Salazar PAT), 11:47.

Seminole Individual Statistics
Rushing
Nicky Nave--11 carries, 131 yds., 2 TDs
Steven Garza--10 carries, 48 yds.
Jon Salazar--13 carries, 68 yds., 1 TD

Passing
Steven Garza--7-10, 140 yds., 2TDs.
Jon Salazar--1-1, 8 yds., TD

Receiving
Corbin McDaniel--2 catches, 62 yds., 2TDs
Richard Cortez--1 catch, 48 yds., TD
Bradley Gressett--3 catches, 32 yds.

Author: Dustin Wright
http://www.seminolesentinel.com/news_article.php?id=152

lion75
11-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Odd results, seem to have missed something early, did they get a p[layer back or something? They knocked us out I believe in 1997? when we were number one I think. Not sure. I think that was Friona

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Not to make this a snyder/argyle game location thread but it would have been nice if we could of played at the mustang bowl...alot of room, nice stadium.

Dominicfrank
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by lion75
I think that was Friona

I remember Friona as well but didnt Si Schur's team lose to Seminole? or is that Friona ? Didnt we play FRiona at Snyder that year in the dry cold? That team had Chedrick, Brendon Gabbert, Chad McBride. Then the next year I thought we lost to Seminole.

lion75
11-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I remember Friona as well but didnt Si Schur's team lose to Seminole? or is that Friona ? Didnt we play FRiona at Snyder that year in the dry cold? That team had Chedrick, Brendon Gabbert, Chad McBride. Then the next year I thought we lost to Seminole. Yes. Also Robert Whitehead. They lost to Friona.

lion75
11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Do they have computers in Seminole? I don't think I have ever seen a post from Seminole. Anybody out there?

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Do they have computers in Seminole? I don't think I have ever seen a post from Seminole. Anybody out there?

lol, i'm kind of wondering that same thing....:thinking: :thinking:

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
That would be great! Three game at the stang bowl!

What 3 games are being played in the bowl?

lion75
11-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
They are an average team. They run the spread offense. They do have speed and they aren't very big. They have a good defense when it counts. I don't think Vernon will have a problem beating them. However, I'm from West Texas, and I'm going with the Indians. Maybe that would be good for us to play against the spread. If we won then we could have a practice game in case Argyle defeated Snyder. I'm not saying they will, but I picked against them last week and i don't want any more of that nasty old crow.

Dominicfrank
11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Yes. Also Robert Whitehead. They lost to Friona.

Good ol Robert Whitehead. Where is he these days? This isnt him is it ?

SNYDER325TIGERS
11-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
What 3 games are being played in the bowl?

haha, man your nuts about the "stang" arent you lol....

Stownhorse
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
It will put your slinky in your watch pocket.