PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Rattlers vs. Liberty Hill Panthers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rattlesnake_08
11-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I guess this one can be the official one for discussion and predictions for the game. So, anyways who do y'all got?

Rattlesnake_08
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh, and by the way good job and congradulations to Jasper last night for a great game.

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Liberty Hill takes it 54 - 21

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:24 PM
LH 42
Navasota 21

RdaleBoi08
11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Where Will This Game Be Played?

Rattlesnake_08
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Where Will This Game Be Played?

In Temple.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Where Will This Game Be Played? dude lets go. I'll ride with you

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
dude lets go. I'll ride with you
Yes, you should! :)

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, you should! :) and you could pay my way in:thinking: :D

Hill Man
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Rattlesnake_08
I guess this one can be the official one for discussion and predictions for the game. So, anyways who do y'all got?

What kind of offense & defense from the rattlers? stars?

Give us the scoop..

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
What kind of offense & defense from the rattlers? stars?

Give us the scoop.. Spread offense similar to Robinson. Dexter Pratt is their star RB. He's a top 10 recruit for the class of 2009.

44INAROW
11-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Panthers take this one.. will be close through late in the 2nd then LH comes out fired up after the half to seal the deal..

hhmm 42 - 7 Panthers

navscanmaster
11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Sometimes we throw more than we should. But it has worked so far. I just hope the Rattlers play a hard fought game. I would be on cloud 9 if they beat Liberty Hill, but I will go into that game with the mindset of "surprise me." I am just thrilled that the Rattlers have made it this far. Win or lose next week, these playoffs will be a great experience for next year's team:

Juniors:
Dexter Pratt - 1980 yards rushing, 370 yards receiving
Jacolby Stokes - 1800 yards passing, 500 yards rushing
Brandall Jackson - 710 yards receiving, also plays defense
Gaston Lamascus - 240 yards receiving, seen as the hard-nose player on the team.
Antron Harris - 230 yards receiving, also plays defense
Lino Byrd - Starting left DE - 4 sacks, 54 tackles

Sophomores:
Kye Hildreth - backup QB, starting free safety - 4 Ints.
Thomas Sweed - 250 yards receiving, 2 Ints. at starting corner
Aleon Calhoun - left tackle, 6'7" 330

Obviously defense has been the achilles heel all year long, but when they play with the level of intensity that they did in the second half (Jasper had 30 yards rushing), they make a good compliment to the offense. I will be there to support the Rattlers Friday, I hope we show up 5000 strong like we did against Jasper! Go Rattlers!

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm callin for the blowout...this ones for the Bellville fans that can't seem to get over the fact that someone MIGHT actually cheer against Navasota.

LH 51
Navasota 18

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I'm callin for the blowout...this ones for the Bellville fans that can't seem to get over the fact that someone MIGHT actually cheer against Navasota.

LH 51
Navasota 18

Could this mean more crow after the sweep talk?

Bull's-eye
11-24-2007, 02:19 PM

LH 51
Navasota 18

I respect your prediction, but it doesn't seem like you are giving any respect to the Navasota Rattlers. Wonder if you would be predicting a blow out if Needville was still playing? I understand you trying to get back at D23, but predictions are best made with a cool head and not your emotions.

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I respect your prediction, but it doesn't seem like you are giving any respect to the Navasota Rattlers. Wonder if you would be predicting a blow out if Needville was still playing? I understand you trying to get back at D23, but predictions are best made with a cool head and not your emotions. LOL...."get back at D23"...no...I just think you BELLVILLE fans that have all of the sudden become Navasota's #1 homers are entertaining. The Navasota fans are a class act. They don't run their mouths or talk trash, they let their team do the talking....I find myself wondering why you people from Bellville feel you need to chime in everytime someone picks against Navasota or says anything about them that ya'll deem a "lack of respect" towards them. Yeah..I said they were gonna get beat last night..they were down by THREE SCORES!! They bounced back w/ one of the greatest comebacks I've seen in awhile! Highly unlikely, but they pulled it off. Anyway...my point is who elected you people as the voice of Navasota? Personally if I was a Navasota poster, I'd have words for you Bellville people...something along the lines of..."shut you trap...you make us look bad" or "thanks but, we don't need you attacking everyone that doesn't have "nav" something in their user name, we'll be just fine w/out your input" but thats just me. About this coming week's game...realistically I think Navasota will hang tougher then most think...but I don't think they will have what it takes to beat LH. That is my honest prediction. Giddings will be at home, and we've yet to see how the Caldwell game turns out.

Panther One
11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Game of the Week, huh? Personally, I would have chose the WOS-La Vega game. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the game of the week, but with the way we're putting it on the ground, we're as vulnerable as ever. Thankfully our D has really stepped it up. Looking forward to Friday.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 03:01 PM
WO-S/La Vega should be GOTW

R3Editor
11-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Game of the Week, huh? Personally, I would have chose the WOS-La Vega game. I hope this doesn't turn out to be the game of the week, but with the way we're putting it on the ground, we're as vulnerable as ever. Thankfully our D has really stepped it up. Looking forward to Friday.
I was just spreading it around, but can certainly change it.

Daddy D 11
11-24-2007, 03:25 PM
our defense is sick :devil:

much better than last year.

LH rolls, there is going to be alot of "conditioning" on the hill this week because of all the fumbles, do not expect to many more from the backfield come friday night

Super_R
11-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Lets face it, Nastysoda doesn't really stand a chance.

The Panther D got a good work out yesterday having to stay on the field virtually all of the 3 quarter. They are obviously a well conditioned group of strikers.

The Panther O only played 3 quarters and put 41 on the board.

The Rattlers faced Caldwell about 4 weeks ago and gave up 44 points. For those that don't know Caldwell runs the slot-t

The Rattlers bring in the 55th ranked Defense and their task is to try and stop the 2nd ranked Offense. That's like trying to get water out of a rock. I don't see it happening.

Congrats on a good season Navasota. How good are you guys at basketball?

Come on with the come on!

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 03:41 PM

I agree. That game is going to be a doozy.

State_In_08
11-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm thankful for the chance to even play the defending state champs. Hope its a great game... Go Rattlers!

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I'm thankful for the chance to even play the defending state champs. Hope its a great game... Go Rattlers! Wait till after the game:twitch:

State_In_08
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Wait till after the game:twitch:

I could have sworn you didn't give us a chance in hell vs. Jasper either.:thinking:

Daddy D 11
11-24-2007, 04:10 PM
giving 44 up to a slot T that isnt quite the same caliber just yet as ours is not a good sign.

but then again, its more practice because of seeing giddings bone and caldwells slot t once already this year.

nevertheless, 22 wins in a row will come friday night in temple!

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 04:26 PM
I could have sworn you didn't give us a chance in hell vs. Jasper either.:thinking: I was all about sarcasm with Jasper. LH is GOOD. ;) 42-21

TexanFan4Life
11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Liberty Hill 48
Navasota 38

Super_R
11-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Navasota is 9-3. LH is 11-0.

You would have to go back to the 05' season to find LH's 3rd loss.

Navasta's 3 losses came from Caldwell, Giddings, and Madisonville. The only thing LH has lost in recent memory is the coinflip.

It's the Playoffs and anything can happen. But, what should happen usually does. And LH should handle the Rattlers'.

The Rattlers have 2 playoff wins in the past 5 seasons. The Cats have 17 w's.

The Rattlers are out matched in virtually every aspect of the game.

Experience-LH
Coaching-LH
Experience-LH
Talent-LH
Speed-LH
Size-LH
Fans-LH
Heart-LH
Nothing to lose-Navasota.

Only 6 more days.

State_In_08
11-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Navasota is 9-3. LH is 11-0.

You would have to go back to the 05' season to find LH's 3rd loss.

Navasta's 3 losses came from Caldwell, Giddings, and Madisonville. The only thing LH has lost in recent memory is the coinflip.

It's the Playoffs and anything can happen. But, what should happen usually does. And LH should handle the Rattlers'.

The Rattlers have 2 playoff wins in the past 5 seasons. The Cats have 17 w's.

The Rattlers are out matched in virtually every aspect of the game.

Experience-LH
Coaching-LH
Experience-LH
Talent-LH
Speed-LH
Size-LH
Fans-LH
Heart-LH
Nothing to lose-Navasota.

Only 6 more days.

Fans - LH? I beg to differ.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Here we go again. Everyone putting in their sense that's not even worth a nickle. Navasota does have their work cut out playing the Panthers. We know that, Liberty Hill knows that, heck the entire 3A Downlow Nation knows that. We don't need anyone to throw it in the Rattlers' faces. All year long, it has been constant negatism toward Navasota and the Rattlers. Well, we are 9-3 now. And, while your team is at home trying to play the game of basketball, we are still here in the playoffs. When we do take the court in basketball, we will be strong there too. As I have stated all year long, I don't come here to bash any team, their town, fans, coaches, etc... But, at some point you people need to get a life. LH is a great team. Probably the best team that Navasota has faced since playing La Marque in the 1996 playoffs. LH and Navasota will have their opportunities to proove themselves on the field. So, no matter what is said on here, the game will be decided on the field, period! As I recall, Navasota wasn't suppose to have made the playoffs coming from district 23. Let me refresh your memories, it was 1. Giddings, 2. Bellville, and last but not least, 3. Caldwell. Then, the Rattlers had to 'proove' themselves by beating Bellville. Mission accomplished. Then there was the Giddings game. Well, the Rattlers didn't win that game, but the game was close. Giddings 21, Navasota 14. I guess we opened some eyes by keeping the game close. Caldwell ran the slot T offense right at the Rattlers. That was a great learning experience for the young Rattlers. The final playoff spot came down to Navasota and La Grange. Well, we all know the ending to that. Playoffs now, Navasota has never been picked to win. But hey, we blew Needville of the field 41-20. The Jasper game was a little closer than what we thought. But, it took that defense from Navasota until the 2nd half to get it together. Better late than never you can say. Everyone know that LH was looking foward to a matchup with Giddings. The same Giddings team that they beat the year before by 7 and the same one that beat the Rattlers by 7 this season. Yes, I will be the first to admit that the Rattlers defense doesn't always play up to the level that they are capable of playing. But, what matters is, they are capable of doing so. I am not going to be silly and predict some wild score. I do know that the Rattlers can play with the best of them when they put it in their minds that they can win. LH has some challenges too. This Rattler team will probably be the most athletic, fastest, most explosive offensive team that the Panthers have faced this year. But, I guess that doesn't matter since the Rattlers are predicted to lose by 28, 35, etc. And oh, I know some of you will argue that have played that team already in Cuero. This game will be closer than most you you 'want to be' high school football experts believe. But hey, what do I know? Good luck to LH and Navasota.

PS, I think some of you could learn a thing or two from LH Panther Mom. Eventhough she nows that her team will win, she doesn't make silly comments and dismiss the other team. The game is played on the field. Expect the unexpected, a la Gilmer, 2006.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

PS, I think some of you could learn a thing or two from LH Panther Mom. Eventhough she nows that her team will win, she doesn't make silly comments and dismiss the other team. The game is played on the field. Expect the unexpected, a la Gilmer, 2006. publically...haha

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2007, 05:29 PM
publically...haha

Stop it...lol:D

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Here we go again. Everyone putting in their sense that's not even worth a nickle. Navasota does have their work cut out playing the Panthers. We know that, Liberty Hill knows that, heck the entire 3A Downlow Nation knows that. We don't need anyone to throw it in the Rattlers' faces. All year long, it has been constant negatism toward Navasota and the Rattlers. Well, we are 9-3 now. And, while your team is at home trying to play the game of basketball, we are still here in the playoffs. When we do take the court in basketball, we will be strong there too. As I have stated all year long, I don't come here to bash any team, their town, fans, coaches, etc... But, at some point you people need to get a life. LH is a great team. Probably the best team that Navasota has faced since playing La Marque in the 1996 playoffs. LH and Navasota will have their opportunities to proove themselves on the field. So, no matter what is said on here, the game will be decided on the field, period! As I recall, Navasota wasn't suppose to have made the playoffs coming from district 23. Let me refresh your memories, it was 1. Giddings, 2. Bellville, and last but not least, 3. Caldwell. Then, the Rattlers had to 'proove' themselves by beating Bellville. Mission accomplished. Then there was the Giddings game. Well, the Rattlers didn't win that game, but the game was close. Giddings 21, Navasota 14. I guess we opened some eyes by keeping the game close. Caldwell ran the slot T offense right at the Rattlers. That was a great learning experience for the young Rattlers. The final playoff spot came down to Navasota and La Grange. Well, we all know the ending to that. Playoffs now, Navasota has never been picked to win. But hey, we blew Needville of the field 41-20. The Jasper game was a little closer than what we thought. But, it took that defense from Navasota until the 2nd half to get it together. Better late than never you can say. Everyone know that LH was looking foward to a matchup with Giddings. The same Giddings team that they beat the year before by 7 and the same one that beat the Rattlers by 7 this season. Yes, I will be the first to admit that the Rattlers defense doesn't always play up to the level that they are capable of playing. But, what matters is, they are capable of doing so. I am not going to be silly and predict some wild score. I do know that the Rattlers can play with the best of them when they put it in their minds that they can win. LH has some challenges too. This Rattler team will probably be the most athletic, fastest, most explosive offensive team that the Panthers have faced this year. But, I guess that doesn't matter since the Rattlers are predicted to lose by 28, 35, etc. And oh, I know some of you will argue that have played that team already in Cuero. This game will be closer than most you you 'want to be' high school football experts believe. But hey, what do I know? Good luck to LH and Navasota.

PS, I think some of you could learn a thing or two from LH Panther Mom. Eventhough she nows that her team will win, she doesn't make silly comments and dismiss the other team. The game is played on the field. Expect the unexpected, a la Gilmer, 2006. I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot here, but isn't it funny when the tables are turned and you're the underdog. I seem to recall for the past 2 weeks EVERYONE from D23 calling for sweeps, and pretty much "dismissing" teams. Isn't very pleasant when you're on the opposite side of it is it? Most people don't like their own medicine. (I'm not singling you out or even talking to you directly HEMO...you're alright in my book. I'm just talking about the overall mentality of many of the D23 posters around here in the previous 2 weeks up until now w/ their "we can't be beat, toughest district in the state mentality refusing to give anyone else any respect.) With that said...yes...the Rattlers have their work cut out for them. Is getting a win over LH impossible? No..nothing is impossible. On the other hand, I will be very surprised if they DO get the win. If they do, I will be the first to congratulate them.

navscanmaster
11-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Thank you Hemotoxic, well put. Folks, I guarantee you won't hear any of us on this board saying that Navasota will win. We know that the Rattlers are facing the #1 team in the state. It will be the second time they have faced a #1 this year. But I will not dismiss the Rattlers in any game. I made that mistake at halftime last night. It was cold and after the clock mismanagement at the end of the first half, I was ready to beat the traffic. But I said that "hell, they came back against Caldwell and if not for a trick play on 3rd and 12, they could have easily tied and maybe won that game." One if these days, the Rattlers will put together 4 quarters of their intensity. That game may be next week. It may be next year. But it will come. And when it does, they will be capable of beating certainly any 3A team in this state. Nobody is invincible. Liberty Hill is close to invincible, and it takes winning a turnover battle by 2+ and scoring on every possession, or even making a few defensive stops if you get lucky. But any team can fall. THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME. Good luck to both teams in this one. I am a big fan of the Liberty Hill Panthers. I love their offense, and I love their class and dignity. They deserve to be where they are, and they deserve to be the favorite by many, many points in any game they play. And they didn't get to that point by dismissing and disrespecting teams like the Hippos, Tigers, Yoemen, Ducks, Rockets, Bulldogs or Rattlers.

Should we start a LH/NAV meet and greet thread? I would love to meet some people from the downlow for a change!

Super_R
11-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Hey Hemo, if you don't want your panties to get in a wad stop wearing thong underwear.

I am just giving you guys a hard time just because you are the next obsticle in the way. It is nothing personal. You did nothing wrong. Turn the emo music off and put down the bottle of Nyquil. I don't hate you or Navasota.

This would be boring if I didn't piss you off wouldn't it?

Panther One
11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
This Rattler team will probably be the most athletic, fastest, most explosive offensive team that the Panthers have faced this year.
We should start a thread and let you and the Carthage fans debate this since they said the same thing last week.

navscanmaster
11-24-2007, 08:36 PM
We should start a thread and let you and the Carthage fans debate this since they said the same thing last week.

No need to. It was just an opinion that was part of a larger essay. But I would feel complimented if I were a LH fan to know that my team was beating a better team each week. They deserve to be the defending state champions, and they know that they have to continue earning their place if they want to be known as the back to back defending state champions.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey Hemo, if you don't want your panties to get in a wad stop wearing thong underwear.

I am just giving you guys a hard time just because you are the next obsticle in the way. It is nothing personal. You did nothing wrong. Turn the emo music off and put down the bottle of Nyquil. I don't hate you or Navasota.

This would be boring if I didn't piss you off wouldn't it?

Dude or mam, I wasn't referring to you in general. But since you thought that I was talking to you, maybe my post was intended for you. I am not about to start a battle with you or with anyone else on this site. I am here to show my support for the love of Texas High School Football and for the Navasota Rattlers. Nowhere did I mention anything about hate. If I did, please show me.

Go Luck to both teams.

Go Rattlers!

Super_R
11-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Hemo, neither you or I hate. That was my point. I was just giving you Rattlers a hard time. Just like the Panthers will on Friday in Temple.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Hemo, neither you or I hate. That was my point. I was just giving you Rattlers a hard time. Just like the Panthers will on Friday in Temple.

Thats cool. Great that you have a sense of humor and understanding. Good luck to the Panthers on Friday. See you all in Temple:)

Hey, try not to beat us up too bad...

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot here, but isn't it funny when the tables are turned and you're the underdog. I seem to recall for the past 2 weeks EVERYONE from D23 calling for sweeps, and pretty much "dismissing" teams. Isn't very pleasant when you're on the opposite side of it is it? Most people don't like their own medicine. (I'm not singling you out or even talking to you directly HEMO...you're alright in my book. I'm just talking about the overall mentality of many of the D23 posters around here in the previous 2 weeks up until now w/ their "we can't be beat, toughest district in the state mentality refusing to give anyone else any respect.) With that said...yes...the Rattlers have their work cut out for them. Is getting a win over LH impossible? No..nothing is impossible. On the other hand, I will be very surprised if they DO get the win. If they do, I will be the first to congratulate them.

I knew that D23 wasn't going to sweep this week. However, I did think that Caldwell would win based on what I have seen from the Hornets in two games this season. Not everyone had the same opinion about D23 being the best district in the state. I atleast thought that the D23 was great. When the playoffs started, I showed support for D23 teams just as others have for their district foes. But, I do know that you are a true fan of High School sports and that you just love to see great football. I like that. Good luck to all the remaining teams who are still playing.

Go Snakes!

navscanmaster
11-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Stop the BS. We have enough of that on KBTX.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 01:48 AM
If Navasota is so out-matched, out-manned, and basically out-everything, then why are we playing the game?

Daddy D 11
11-25-2007, 01:59 AM
because we need practice ;) :D

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
because we need practice ;) :D

Then that would be called a scrimmage...This however is a playoff game.

c-town_balla
11-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Having played ( ok one was a scrimage) both of these teams this year....I am going to say Liberty Hill will win....I know Navasota has improved through the year and all but LH has the D to shut down Pratt and you can't shut down the Slot-T so LH by probly 14....but I wouldn't be surprized it if was 42-14

navscanmaster
11-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Then that would be called a scrimmage...This however is a playoff game.

:) Short, sweet and to the point. The LH players and coaches know they have to earn it every week. Regardless of how out-matched, Navasota will give it their all. Hope its enough. Good night everyone.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:) Short, sweet and to the point. The LH players and coaches know they have to earn it every week. Regardless of how out-matched, Navasota will give it their all. Hope its enough. Good night everyone.

One thing about our boys, is that you can never quite count them out...Even when they're down 34-14.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Having played ( ok one was a scrimage) both of these teams this year....I am going to say Liberty Hill will win....I know Navasota has improved through the year and all but LH has the D to shut down Pratt and you can't shut down the Slot-T so LH by probly 14....but I wouldn't be surprized it if was 42-14

Pratt is not Navasota's entire offense. We have been around 200 yards running and passing per game. It will be difficult for the Rattlers not being able to mix up their offense. Jasper has probably defended Pratt the best all year. I think he had 112 yards rushing but the offense picked up the slack with 273 yards passing and 413 yards total.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Pratt is not Navasota's entire offense. We have been around 200 yards running and passing per game. It will be difficult for the Rattlers not being able to mix up their offense. Jasper has probably defended Pratt the best all year. I think he had 112 yards rushing but the offense picked up the slack with 273 yards passing and 413 yards total.

Yeah...We also have Jackson, Stokes, and Lamascus that help carry the load as well...And don't forget the big uglies up front either.

navscanmaster
11-25-2007, 02:36 AM
And don't forget the big uglies up front either.

They just might be the key to making this a good game. Maybe Jacolby will watch film and figure out that when the protection breaks down, it is time to give the fans in the stands a souvenir:D Not take the sack.:(

Any way it goes, 5000 more fans will make the trip up 190. Be coming right through Cameron if we want to pick up anybody on the bandwagon:D :D LOL

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:38 AM
They just might be the key to making this a good game. Maybe Jacolby will watch film and figure out that when the protection breaks down, it is time to give the fans in the stands a souvenir:D Not take the sack.:(

Any way it goes, 5000 more fans will make the trip up 190. Be coming right through Cameron if we want to pick up anybody on the bandwagon:D :D LOL

Yeah...Stokes never likes to give up on a play.

navscanmaster
11-25-2007, 02:41 AM
Yeah...Stokes never likes to give up on a play.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Heart of a champion that one.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2007, 03:02 AM

Navasota fans really got on my nerves Friday. In the game against Needville, they stood alot more, chanted alot more, etc.. When the team got down early against Jasper, they were silent and just sat there doing nothing. Why don't they know that when the team is losing, they can play a part in getting their spirits up?...Instead, they just sit and wait quitely. We need to be more vocal and show a little more spirit and stop acting like we are in Sunday church services. Now, of course I am not talking about all of them, especially the students, cheerleaders, drill team and the band, its the other 4000 plus that I am referring to.

Stownhorse
11-25-2007, 04:33 AM
Sry Navasota but your joy-ride is over.

42-14 LH.

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Navasota fans really got on my nerves Friday. In the game against Needville, they stood alot more, chanted alot more, etc.. When the team got down early against Jasper, they were silent and just sat there doing nothing. Why don't they know that when the team is losing, they can play a part in getting their spirits up?...Instead, they just sit and wait quitely. We need to be more vocal and show a little more spirit and stop acting like we are in Sunday church services. Now, of course I am not talking about all of them, especially the students, cheerleaders, drill team and the band, its the other 4000 plus that I am referring to.

Well, personally I know that us guys with the shakers, we decided that what we were doing wasn't working, so we did the opposite. Instead of standing, and being loud, we sat and were quiet. If you want the opposite effect, you do the opposite. And it worked.

rundoe
11-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Yes, you should! :)

YUP!:clap: :clap: :clap:

rundoe
11-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
YUP!:clap: :clap: :clap: Just don't plan on sitting, we stand!!

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Fans - LH? I beg to differ. LH has the best fans in 3a, swear.

navscanmaster
11-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Who is the home team, and who is the away team? So far we have been visitors throughout (white jerseys).

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Who is the home team, and who is the away team? So far we have been visitors throughout (white jerseys). LH is probably one of the fastest teams I've seen. Not individually but as a team those guys are quick and always around the ball. Lattimore/Pratt should be interesting.

Only difference the home/away means is what side of the scoreboard LH will run up :D

Centextrash
11-25-2007, 08:42 AM
I think LH will be the home team and will wear Purple.

themsu97
11-25-2007, 09:10 AM
it is easy... LH is the defending state champs and they are rolling again... Navasota is the upstart team and new to this...
could Navasota win, oh yeah they can... but the better question is will they? and most people will say no... LH will pull away late... to say a team like LH, who won the whole thing last year, has not seen a team as athletic as Navasota is absolutely absurd... you do not go deep into the playoffs year after year and not see athletic teams... to say that Navasota has not seen a team like LH is closer to the truth...

close game like I said until late when LH will tack on a few... 38-21 LH...

great run for Navasota and it could continue... that way the other people from D23 can continue to say how great their district is

Ranger Mom
11-25-2007, 09:24 AM
LH has the best fans in 3a, swear.

I have to agree with that...(cowbells and all!!) :thumbsup:

buff4ever
11-25-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL...."get back at D23"...no...I just think you BELLVILLE fans that have all of the sudden become Navasota's #1 homers are entertaining. The Navasota fans are a class act. They don't run their mouths or talk trash, they let their team do the talking....I find myself wondering why you people from Bellville feel you need to chime in everytime someone picks against Navasota or says anything about them that ya'll deem a "lack of respect" towards them. Yeah..I said they were gonna get beat last night..they were down by THREE SCORES!! They bounced back w/ one of the greatest comebacks I've seen in awhile! Highly unlikely, but they pulled it off. Anyway...my point is who elected you people as the voice of Navasota? Personally if I was a Navasota poster, I'd have words for you Bellville people...something along the lines of..."shut you trap...you make us look bad" or "thanks but, we don't need you attacking everyone that doesn't have "nav" something in their user name, we'll be just fine w/out your input" but thats just me. About this coming week's game...realistically I think Navasota will hang tougher then most think...but I don't think they will have what it takes to beat LH. That is my honest prediction. Giddings will be at home, and we've yet to see how the Caldwell game turns out.

In all honesty IHStang, I think that they are pretty much just fed up with YOU. I have read your and their post. If you are not out right dogging D23, then you are trying to get digs in on these bellville guys. They started all of this a LONG time ago before you got in the loop by discussing the two districts with their rival sealy. They didn't mean to take it any further than that, then you came along. Just throwing my oppinion out there, not from d24 or bellville.

buff4ever
11-25-2007, 12:50 PM
As talented as navasota is, I don't think that their defense is disciplined enough to take this game against a well disciplined and well oiled machine LH offense. in order for navasota to have success in this game, PRATT will have to take over the game and keep LH offense off the field. Further note to that last sentence, he will have to finish each time consuming drive with a TD or LH will slowly pull away.

This is what I THINK navasota has to do to win, but think LH takes this one by 14.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:19 PM
You know, its not like Navasota is David and we're playing the Goliath; or Navasota is the tourtoise and we're racing the hare; or maybe it is, and we all know how those stories end. I'm not saying Liberty Hill players, fans, coaches, or even posters see themselves as the Goliath or the hare, but a lot of others do. Of course, we all know that Liberty Hill is tough, that's a given, but if anyone thinks even for a second that Navasota doen't have a shot, or they are going to get the score ran-up on them, they are DEAD wrong!!! How many realistically thought App State had a chance against Michigan, that Boise State had a chance against Oklahoma, or even Arkansas against #01 LSU? Not many. In fact, maybe none.

I'm not saying that Liberty Hill sees Navsota as the bug that they are going to squash, but I'm saying that Navasota is going to go into Temple Friday and suprise a few folks.

Never ever count another team out, because the situation seems hopeless. Otherwise, we wouldn't have App State's, Illinois's, or even Arkansas's.

Maybe the Rattlers are out-manned, out-evrythinged, but they are not out-spirited by no one.

Super_R
11-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Still 5 more days.

No one gives a rats a about D23 or D24.

Friday Navasota's D will have to deal with #'s 9,52,55,51,74,56,8,12,44,45,and 27. Those are the guys that they need to be concerned with. The Rat's O needs to worry about #'s 1,2,3,4,30,40,20,15,63,72,and 21.

Wimberley sucks

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:22 PM
[B]You know, its not like Navasota is David and we're playing the Goliath; or Navasota is the tourtoise and we're racing the hare; or maybe it is, and we all know how those stories end. I'm not saying Liberty Hill players, fans, coaches, or even posters see themselves as the Goliath or the hare, but a lot of others do. Of course, we all know that Liberty Hill is tough, that's a given, but if anyone thinks even for a second that Navasota doen't have a shot, or they are going to get the score ran-up on them, they are DEAD wrong!!! How many realistically thought App State had a chance against Michigan, that Boise State had a chance against Oklahoma, or even Arkansas against #01 LSU? Not many. In fact, maybe none.
B] It's more like LH is a nuclear weapon and Navasota is Hiroshima. ;)

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:25 PM
It's more like LH is a nuclear weapon and Navasota is Hiroshima. ;)

That's a horrendous referrence, especially to those on the board that may have fought int World War II or even lived during those times. Not to mention the people of Japan that went through that.

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:26 PM
That's a horrendous referrence, especially to those on the board that may have fought int World War II or even lived during those times. Not to mention the people of Japan that went through that. Only if your anal about it. All that is mean that it is inevitable that LH will destroy Navasota, no pun was intended to the vets.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Only if your anal about it. All that is mean that it is inevitable that LH will destroy Navasota, no pun was intended to the vets.

Still though, to think that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Navasota to win is real idiotic.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2007, 02:30 PM
One thing about our boys, is that you can never quite count them out...Even when they're down 34-14.

if we get up by 20, game over :devil: :D

its hard to stage a comeback with your dead tired defense on the field :cool:

LH will eat up a ton of clock just like always

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Still though, to think that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Navasota to win is real idiotic. Why LH is the best team in the state and the defending state champs? Playing a team with little late round playoff experience.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Why LH is the best team in the state and the defending state champs? Playing a team with little late round playoff experience.

You didn't refer at all how I said, "to say it is IMPOSSIBLE for Navasota to win is idiotic," hince I all ALL CAPPED impossible.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2007, 02:35 PM
that is true. but hey, we were pretty much in that role last year. and definitly years past.

i honestly have litte knowledge about the rattlers except that caldwell put some points on them with our offense, so that is not a good sign for Navasota.

and secondly, i believe reading a navasota poster calling the defense their achilles heal?? THAT is not a very good thing to be say escpecially this late in the season, and agains a nasty, NASTY offense that is the LH SLOT T

but, hopefully its a barn burner. sounds like the town of navasota and players are real classy :clap: :clap: gotta love that

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
You didn't refer at all how I said, "to say it is IMPOSSIBLE for Navasota to win is idiotic," hince I all ALL CAPPED impossible. and I asked why.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:38 PM
that is true. but hey, we were pretty much in that role last year. and definitly years past.

i honestly have litte knowledge about the rattlers except that caldwell put some points on them with our offense, so that is not a good sign for Navasota.

and secondly, i believe reading a navasota poster calling the defense their achilles heal?? THAT is not a very good thing to be say escpecially this late in the season, and agains a nasty, NASTY offense that is the LH SLOT T

but, hopefully its a barn burner. sounds like the town of navasota and players are real classy :clap: :clap: gotta love that

Hopefully the D can make some adjustments this week. Hey, whatever they were doing in the second half last week was working great, maybe they can find another great adjustment, and our O will need to sustain long methodical drives to keep our defesne off the field.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
and I asked why.

Because it is never impossible for any team to beat any other team, that is why it is called a game.

clemsmarina
11-25-2007, 02:41 PM
You didn't refer at all how I said, "to say it is IMPOSSIBLE for Navasota to win is idiotic," hince I all ALL CAPPED impossible.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......

I guess we're gonna have a whole week of the usual crap we have been hearing for a year....

Now I know how the poor Celina folks feel!!! Oh the horror...

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.......

I guess we're gonna have a whole week of the usual crap we have been hearing for a year....

Now I know how the poor Celina folks feel!!! Oh the horror...

So, you're saying it is impossible for Navasota to win?

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Because it is never impossible for any team to beat any other team, that is why it is called a game. And that's why I gave the nuclear weapon reference because it is impossible ;)

Rattlesnake_08
And that's why I gave the nuclear weapon reference because it is impossible ;)

No, its not.

KingRob
Navasota will come out swinging, but the Panthers will wear them down.

LH - 42
Navasota - 24

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:44 PM
No, its not. Yes, it is.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes, it is.

Quit being wrong. No, its not.

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Quit being wrong. No, its not. I'm more right than you'll ever think. LH 42-21

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm more right than you'll ever think. LH 42-21

Sorry, but saying that it is impossible for a football team to beat another football team will never be right.

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Sorry, but saying that it is impossible for a football team to beat another football team will never be right. Navasota should just save the money used on diesal fuel and just stay home. This one is over.

Panther One
11-25-2007, 02:54 PM
It is impossible for Ingram to beat Liberty Hill.

Navasota has a chance, but to do so, it will probably take several LH mistakes, which we've been a little too generous with the last couple of games.

Old Tiger
11-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll be at this one wearing my LH shirt :)

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Navasota should just save the money used on diesal fuel and just stay home. This one is over.

It would have to begin in order for it to be over...Whatever though.

2 krunk
11-25-2007, 04:47 PM
i think the team with the largest o-line coach will win.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
haha :clap: LH wins that one then!

Centextrash
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk

I heard that guy is a stud though!
;)

rundoe
11-25-2007, 05:00 PM
LH has the best fans in 3a, swear.

We STAND!!! Who YA Rootin FOR LHHS!!!!!!!

rundoe
11-25-2007, 05:01 PM
haha :clap: LH wins that one then!

Go LH O!!!!!

rundoe
11-25-2007, 05:02 PM

We'll welcome you. Just listen for the bells!!!!!!!!

rundoe
11-25-2007, 05:03 PM
It is impossible for Ingram to beat Liberty Hill.

Navasota has a chance, but to do so, it will probably take several LH mistakes, which we've been a little too generous with the last couple of games.

Bet they are working on that this week. Hang onto the ball!!!!

2 krunk
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I heard that guy is a stud though! ??????????????????????

i don't know about the stud part, but did hear he was a real man!!!

can't wait to hear his ideas on o-line play

rundoe
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM

Caldwell runs the slot T, but not like we run it!!!!!!!

rundoe
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have to agree with that...(cowbells and all!!) :thumbsup:

We got the bells, but more importantly, we got THE TEAM!!!!

clemsmarina
11-25-2007, 05:28 PM

You are one the best I have EVER seen at reading between the lines, because that is exactly what I was saying!!!
:clap:

LHMom
11-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Wimberley sucks

Am I the only one that noticed this random comment? :crazy1:

44INAROW
11-25-2007, 05:54 PM

I don't have an official LH shirt, but LHPM will confirm that I've worn a purple shirt to all the LH games I've gone to (obviously not to the Cuero vs LH games though LOL)

j_dog
11-25-2007, 06:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are one the best I have EVER seen at reading between the lines, because that is exactly what I was saying!!!
:clap:
First, I want to say that the Navasota posters are a classy group. They proved that this past week.

Second, I just want to point out how lightly Caldwell (posters at least) regarded little old Kirbyville. One poster even went so far as to post a poll about who would be in the QF against mighty Caldwell. Well we know how that turned out, Kirbyville took Caldwell to the woodshed, 49-24.

The question now is, how good are you at reading between the lines. :confused:

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 2 krunk

Looks like Liberty Hill is in trouble... our o-line coach is huge too.

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
First, I want to say that the Navasota posters are a classy group. They proved that this past week.

Second, I just want to point out how lightly Caldwell (posters at least) regarded little old Kirbyville. One poster even went so far as to post a poll about who would be in the QF against mighty Caldwell. Well we know how that turned out, Kirbyville took Caldwell to the woodshed, 49-24.

Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. I like how all last week Jasper fans were saying how slow their team was... but that Bailey kid was the fastest player I've seen all year. He was lightning quick, and he's definitely a special one.

striker
11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Yes, Navasota will be the visiting team once again this week wearing their white uniforms. Liberty Hill will be the home team.

See you in Temple.

rundoe
11-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Am I the only one that noticed this random comment? :crazy1:

Lol I guess you were, but now that you mentioned it........

rundoe
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
If you look at the actual location of the posters. I think both Navasota and Liberty Hill Posters have been classy all year.

Lets try and keep it that way.

navscanmaster
11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
You know, I wonder, if what is said is true, will the nice home side reserved seating at Temple entice them to sit down:D Just kidding, but hopefully we can get our side to stand up too. I know that some people medically can not stand the entire game, but I hear many of them griping about the cold. My answer to that is "well stand up and clap and cheer. You will warm up quick." I just don't understand why I get so many dirty looks;)

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 08:07 PM
You know, I wonder, if what is said is true, will the nice home side reserved seating at Temple entice them to sit down:D Just kidding, but hopefully we can get our side to stand up too. I know that some people medically can not stand the entire game, but I hear many of them griping about the cold. My answer to that is "well stand up and clap and cheer. You will warm up quick." I just don't understand why I get so many dirty looks;)

I can personally say we students stand all game, except for halftime.

c-town_balla
11-25-2007, 08:10 PM
all I know is don't turn the ball over....cause a 14-7 lead vs. liberty Hill can turn to a 63-14 deficit reeaaaalll quick....and I know that from expreiance

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
all I know is don't turn the ball over....cause a 14-7 lead vs. liberty Hill can turn to a 63-14 deficit reeaaaalll quick....and I know that from expreiance

It's pretty much a given that we'll have to play the game to perfection to even have a chance to beat them.

Super_R
11-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I don't know if playing a perfect game will be enought to beat the Panthers.

There have been teams that are as prepared as they can possibley be and it wasn't enought. There are just times that you face an opponent that are too much to handle. The Panthers played Jasper in 04' and LH were as ready as they could be...they were just out matched. It happens every week when the better team wins despite a hard fought and courageous effort by the weaker team.

Navasota is the weaker team. LH will be ready.

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know if playing a perfect game will be enought to beat the Panthers.

There have been teams that are as prepared as they can possibley be and it wasn't enought. There are just times that you face an opponent that are too much to handle. The Panthers played Jasper in 04' and LH were as ready as they could be...they were just out matched. It happens every week when the better team wins despite a hard fought and courageous effort by the weaker team.

Navasota is the weaker team. LH will be ready.

You guys act as though this is a first round match-up between a powerhouse and a team that barely squeaked into the playoffs. This is the third round, and we've played two quality opponents and defeated them both.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 09:01 PM
You guys act as though this is a first round match-up between a powerhouse and a team that barely squeaked into the playoffs. This is the third round, and we've played two quality opponents and defeated them both.

Yeah, I'll tell ya...Jasper really does have something to be proud of over there in east Texas.

j_dog
11-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I am pulling for both teams as I feel I have friends on both sides, but I don't know about these labels being thrown around.

Maybe Navasota is "weaker" than LH, I surely don't know. But I guarantee you though that Navasota is not "weak". You can take that to the bank. :) The Jasper team that Navasota just beat was very possibly AT LEAST AS GOOD as the 04 Jasper team just referred to, perhaps a little better, especially on offense.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Just wish you were playing the game in Huntsville. :D

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I am pulling for both teams as I feel I have friends on both sides, but I don't know about these labels being thrown around.

Maybe Navasota is "weaker" than LH, I surely don't know. But I guarantee you though that Navasota is not "weak". You can take that to the bank. :) The Jasper team that Navasota just beat was very possibly AT LEAST AS GOOD as the 04 Jasper team just referred to, perhaps a little better, especially on offense.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Just wish you were playing the game in Huntsville. :D

I'll be honest, after seeing Fitzhenry, Canto, and Whaley, I didn't think Navsota would face anyone more athletic, but I take that back now...That Bailey guy sure is something.

clemsmarina
11-25-2007, 09:16 PM

Just sarcasm at it's finest..... Give it a rest!!! yawn....

j_dog
11-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Just sarcasm at it's finest..... Give it a rest!!! yawn....
No sarcasm at all. Just stating facts.

Super_R
11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Jasper finished 3rd in their district...finished the season 7-5 (Ranked 47th). They are an average team. Needville finished 3rd in their district...finished the season 8-3 (Ranked 35th).

You beat the teams in your way. Those teams were just average. If you had an average team in your way this week you would have another fighting chance.

But, lets face it...The only thing average about LH is the weather.

Rattlesnake_08
11-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Jasper finished 3rd in their district...finished the season 7-5 (Ranked 47th). They are an average team. Needville finished 3rd in their district...finished the season 8-3 (Ranked 35th).

You beat the teams in your way. Those teams were just average. If you had an average team in your way this week you would have another fighting chance.

Rankings don't always reflect a team accurately.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
I think Navasota is a prime example of playing 4 full quarters and never giving up, with what they did against Jasper. Whether or not that will be enough this week, we'll know around 10:30 Friday night. :thinking: :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Rankings don't always reflect a team accurately.
That is correct and I think was proved yesterday. :)

snake_attack
11-25-2007, 11:36 PM
I just cant wait til Friday. What kind of defense does Liberty Hill run?

WylieBulldog92
11-25-2007, 11:44 PM
I pick Liberty Hill despite not knowing much about either teams.

8HR
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
This Friday LH will be running the "Snake Wrangler" defense.

State_In_08
11-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I think Navasota is a prime example of playing 4 full quarters and never giving up, with what they did against Jasper. Whether or not that will be enough this week, we'll know around 10:30 Friday night. :thinking: :thinking:

Thank you for not being arrogant like so many other on here... the game isn't over until it's played and the clock reads 0:00.

BobcatBenny
11-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Thank you for not being arrogant like so many other on here... the game isn't over until it's played and the clock reads 0:00.
She had her fingers crossed when she wrote that. She is really just buttering up the Navasota fans and then she is gonna dust off the cowbell on Thursday. :D

Watch out for mother! ;)

showtime91
11-26-2007, 12:07 AM
I was watching a video of Navasota and from what i can see, LH is going to have to have a good run defense.

j_dog
11-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
She had her fingers crossed when she wrote that. She is really just buttering up the Navasota fans and then she is gonna dust off the cowbell on Thursday. :D

Watch out for mother! ;)
very true. her son plays on this team. but she is still a class act, and is one of my favorite posters on the whole Downlow. Some of you could benefit by following her example. ;) :cool:

My observation number 1.
When you get to the top, act like you have been there before. :)

My observation number 2.
On your way to the top, treat everyone with respect because you will meet them on your way back down.

State_In_08
11-26-2007, 12:19 AM
very true. her son plays on this team. but she is still a class act, and is one of my favorite posters on the whole Downlow. Some of you could benefit by following her example. ;) :cool:

My observation number 1.
When you get to the top, act like you have been there before. :)

My observation number 2.
On your way to the top, treat everyone with respect because you will meet them on your way back down.

Truer words have never been spoken. :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Liberty Hill Panthers
Aug 31...Waco Connally, W 33-13
Sep 07...@ Burnet, W 34-17
Sep 14...@ Gatesville, W 70-7
Sep 21...Cuero, W 49-35
Sep 28...Wimberley, W 35-10
Oct 05...OPEN
Oct 12...Rockdale*, W 37-25
Oct 19...OPEN
Oct 26...@ Hutto*, W 52-7
Nov 02...Taylor*, W 52-7
Nov 09...@ Cameron Yoe*, W 63-14

Liberty Hill 37, Rockdale 25. A game that was played in Liberty Hill. No, I am not comparing Navasota to Rockdale. Am I saying that because of this one game Navasota can win? No. This is just to show that anything can happen. This reminds me of a team from the same area by the name of Burnet. This was some years back. All the talk was how Burnet would not only beat the competition but slaughter them. In fact, they did just that until they ran into the Jasper Bulldogs. Bunet would go on to beat the Bulldogs by 7. However, in the finale, Gainesville stunned Burnet 35-24. Anything can happen! That is why the game is actually played on the field. As a Rattler fan, we are excited to be playing against the defending state champions.. Am I at all surprised by the success by the Rattlers? No. All year long I have been stating that the Navosota Rattlers don't have any idea exactly how good they can be. They are young. So, naturally they will make mistakes. Hopefully, the Rattlers will come out and play the best football of yet.

Good Luck to Both Teams.

Go Snakes!

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Watch out for mother! ;)

LOL:clap: Someone actually made me laugh....Good Job BobcatBenny!

JR2004
11-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Navasota has the legendary "Hat" down there running the program...

With that in mind...

I'll take Liberty Hill by 30.

State_In_08
11-26-2007, 01:06 AM

All year long I have been stating that the Navosota Rattlers don't have any idea exactly how good they can be.

Actually, to tell you from a sort of players stand point, having played with these guys all through little league football and my sophomore year, I can personally tell you that we looked forward to this year to be the year Navasota climbed back to the top. We've known (me and my classmates that play football currently and used to play football) for a while that once we reach this point, where the '08, '09, and '10 classes were together on Varsity, that we'd be a very good team. We've known that since the Navasota Bills wayyyyy back in 2001.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Actually, to tell you from a sort of players stand point, having played with these guys all through little league football and my sophomore year, I can personally tell you that we looked forward to this year to be the year Navasota climbed back to the top. We've known (me and my classmates that play football currently and used to play football) for a while that once we reach this point, where the '08, '09, and '10 classes were together on Varsity, that we'd be a very good team. We've known that since the Navasota Bills wayyyyy back in 2001.

Well, I was speaking in terms of 'believing' that you are good. Believing and thinking that you are good are different. Not trying to discredit what you have to say at all. However, once a team believes in themselves and begins to believe that they can win, the wins will begin to happen. Often, as athletes, you hear about how good a team may be or how good a particular player is. Well, once you get out there on that field/court, you finally get to see what the hype is all about. Sometimes, some teams already have that confidence in knowing that they will win before taking the field. Nothing less than a win is acceptable for them. On the other hand, it takes some other teams the realization that they are playing against the opposition and that just like them, they are human and have no speacial powers. At that point, the team starts to gain confindence that they can compete against the opposition. Hopefully, the score isn't already 35 to 0 and in the 4th quarter.

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by showtime91
I was watching a video of Navasota and from what i can see, LH is going to have to have a good run defense.
I think we can handle that. :D

Waco Connally - 30 carries, 70 yds
Burnet - 17 carries, 6 yds
Gatesville - 27 carries, -18 yds
Cuero - 23 carries, 134 yds
Wimberley - 16 carries, 11 yds
Rockdale - 32 carries, 77 yds
Hutto - 38 carries, 103 yds
Taylor - 37 carries, 77 yds
Cameron Yoe - 21 carries, 70 yds
Robinson - 16 carries, 59 yds
Carthage - 24 carries, 144 yds
TOTAL - 281 carries, 733 yds; 2.6 ypc

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 08:12 AM

TOTAL - 281 carries, 733 yds; 2.6 ypc don't do em like that LHPM :D

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
You guys act as though this is a first round match-up between a powerhouse and a team that barely squeaked into the playoffs. This is the third round, and we've played two quality opponents and defeated them both. Ironically didn't yall have to beat La Grange just to make the playoffs and yall only won by 8? ;)

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I'll be honest, after seeing Fitzhenry, Canto, and Whaley, I didn't think Navsota would face anyone more athletic, but I take that back now...That Bailey guy sure is something. It's not one guy you have to worry about in the LH offense. It's 3 plus they can throw the ball. Every game I've seen LH play they have had around 10-15 explosive run plays, maybe more, and 2-5 explosive pass plays.

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 09:37 AM
It's not one guy you have to worry about in the LH offense. It's 3 plus they can throw the ball. Every game I've seen LH play they have had around 10-15 explosive run plays, maybe more, and 2-5 explosive pass plays.

couldnt agree more blue, but its always like this every week. no one ever understands what they are going up against :devil:

then they see film during the week and it scares them half to death..then they just live in denial for the next 3 or 4 days until judgement day comes :D ;)

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 09:40 AM

i think we are fine :D but thanks for the warning showtime ;)

RattlerDude
11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I think the Rattlers should watch the movie called "Facing the Giants" so they can see that anything is possible. Liberty Hill is the best team we have played this year by far, and I'm sure they win with intimidation as well as their play on the field. None of that matters now because the Rattlers won't be intimidated, and they will play unlike any team that Liberty Hill has faced all year as well...

The Rattlers will be ready, The Rattlers will play super hard, and The Rattlers will come out on top. Rattlers! Rattlers! Rattlers!

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 09:52 AM
gotta love the enthusiasum :clap:

RattlerDude
11-26-2007, 09:58 AM

It is GOTW. Pay attention

RattlerDude
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
It's not one guy you have to worry about in the LH offense. It's 3 plus they can throw the ball. Every game I've seen LH play they have had around 10-15 explosive run plays, maybe more, and 2-5 explosive pass plays.

What kind of O do they run?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
don't do em like that LHPM :D
:( I used up all my small, slow, t-rex arms material last week.

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
What kind of O do they run?

slot t :devil: :devil:

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 10:07 AM
:( I used up all my small, slow, t-rex arms material last week.

in all honesty, i just qouted this to pad my post LHPM :D

State_In_08
11-26-2007, 10:07 AM
gotta love the enthusiasum :clap:

Gotta love the arrogance.

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Gotta love the arrogance.

easy buddy, it was a serious post.

i would have put one of these :rolleyes: if i was being sarcastic.

i have the upmost respect for Navasota, but just like you, i believe MY team will win.

State_In_08
11-26-2007, 10:13 AM
easy buddy, it was a serious post.

i would have put one of these :rolleyes: if i was being sarcastic.

i have the upmost respect for Navasota, but just like you, i believe MY team will win.

And I have respect for Liberty Hill, but all I've heard this thread is how the game is already over and how Navasota stands no chance against the mighty Panthers of Liberty Hill. As if Navasota does not deserve to even be on the same field.

RattlerDude
11-26-2007, 10:37 AM

Rankings don't matter. I swear, Jasper was twenty times better than Needville. If they played each other, Jasper would beat them down the same way that we did. You can't say anything about rankings

clemsmarina
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
No sarcasm at all. Just stating facts.

Holy cow, I mean dog!!!!

I meant my sarcasm from the original post that invloved reading between the lines I wrote..... Never mind!!!

The only arrogance I've seen on the LH side is responding to the Navasota arrogance. I'd rather not call it arrogance, but you said it, so I am going with it. We feel very strongly about this 22 game win streak for our Defending State Champs!!!

Yall can bring up like opponent comparisons to try to prove your point, but we just bring up stat after stat after stat and get told that beating the likes of Burnet (4a playoff team), Cuero, Wimberly, Robinson and Carthage mean nothing.

:rolleyes:

See yall on Friday!!!

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
i agree that yes, some cricumstances come up that make it seem like LH fans are arrogant. Yet in some cases, and by no mean am i saying everyone, or even alot of cases, but some. Navasota has come off as confident, if not over confident. And that is purely out of excitement because of a great year for the Rattlers, but can LH fans not be excited to because of defending a state championship and winning 21 games in a row? all the sudden its considered arrogance?? :confused: im confused.

both teams are excited about where their program is right now, both teams are expecting great games, and both teams tthink that they will win. All of these things are not wrong, so lets calm down :clap:

oh and LH 63-0 :devil: :devil: :devil: ;)

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I think the Rattlers should watch the movie called "Facing the Giants" so they can see that anything is possible. Liberty Hill is the best team we have played this year by far, and I'm sure they win with intimidation as well as their play on the field. None of that matters now because the Rattlers won't be intimidated, and they will play unlike any team that Liberty Hill has faced all year as well...

The Rattlers will be ready, The Rattlers will play super hard, and The Rattlers will come out on top. Rattlers! Rattlers! Rattlers!

that's a bold statement considering that LH has played Cuero & Wimberley - two teams that are still in the playoffs! :eek:

But I like it! :thumbsup: :D

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
like i said earlier, i like the enthusiam :D :clap:

j_dog
11-26-2007, 12:10 PM

uh oh. Mom dusted off the cow bell on Monday. :D
wtg! :)

j_dog
11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Holy cow, I mean dog!!!!

I meant my sarcasm from the original post that invloved reading between the lines I wrote..... Never mind!!!

The only arrogance I've seen on the LH side is responding to the Navasota arrogance. I'd rather not call it arrogance, but you said it, so I am going with it. We feel very strongly about this 22 game win streak for our Defending State Champs!!!

Yall can bring up like opponent comparisons to try to prove your point, but we just bring up stat after stat after stat and get told that beating the likes of Burnet (4a playoff team), Cuero, Wimberly, Robinson and Carthage mean nothing.

:rolleyes:

See yall on Friday!!!
I apologize. I mis-read your response.

But I want to say this. Yes, the Rattlers are proud of their team, as they should be. And LH is proud of its team, as it should be.

But in all the posts by Navasota last week, despite their enthusiasm, not once did I see any posts that suggested Jasper had "No Chance". :)

And yes, come game day, the records of neither of your teams mean anything. The score will start out 0-0. :) Just like in 04 when you played a third place team that had three losses on its record. ;)

Runnin Panther
11-26-2007, 12:23 PM
There is no doubt that Navasota is a good football team. They wouldn’t still be playing if that was not true. In a way they kinda remind me of my Panthers. They are disciplined, good work ethic, play with heart and never give up. Admirable qualities, it’s what brought them back in the Jasper game. A lot of teams would have thrown in the towel.

With that being said I think the Rattlers have met their match in the Panthers. It all comes down to individual match-ups and I think the Panthers have the edge. From what I have heard and seen Navasota is a stronger offensive team than defensive team. If that is true I don’t see them stopping the Panther run, actually I haven’t seen anybody stop it in 4 years. We have been out scored but not stopped. In addition to that we have a tenacious defense, we swarm to the ball about as good as any 3a team I’ve ever seen.

Any thing can happen that's why we play the game but in my opinion Navasota would have to have a perfect day and some good old fashion luck to beat the Panthers. We are on a 21 game win streak, we plan on making it 22.

Good luck and see ya Friday,

LH by 21

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Just like in 04 when you played a third place team that had three losses on its record. ;)
Just a tad bit of difference in this team and the '04 one. ;) Probably the biggest difference is the strength on defense.

I know that the coaches and players are taking Navasota seriously. They don't look past the current opponent. I know they'll have our boys prepared for whatever is thrown at them.

Super_R
11-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Rankings don't matter. I swear, Jasper was twenty times better than Needville. If they played each other, Jasper would beat them down the same way that we did. You can't say anything about rankings

Official rankings don't carry a lot of merrit. And since you "swear, Jasper was twenty times better" then I'll have to start worring.

The Panthers have somewhere near 5000yards rushing this year. Fickel the qb has 9 td passes on about 35 attempts. The Panther O is getting a ton of credit for the Panthers success...the offensive line averages 220 pounds or so and their 40 times average 4.9. So, on defense if you are trying to see where the ball is going you will do more chasing than tackeling.

The Panthers have a wicked quick defense. They are holding opponents to under 14 points per game and under 200 yards of total offense. 2 all-staters and 6 1st team all district players on on that side of the ball.

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM
dont forget the fact that we are wearing our purples Super R?

just that fact in itself is a shoe in for a victory ;)

buff4life
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that's a bold statement considering that LH has played Cuero & Wimberley - two teams that are still in the playoffs! :eek:

Wimberley is what 6-6 now?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 01:56 PM

Shhhhhhh! We don't want to give all our secrets away. ;)

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

yes, they have one five in a row against Llano, Ingram, Bandera, SA West Campus and Lytle after starting the year 1-6.

the six loses are to LH, LE, Wylie, 4A Dripping Springs, Houston Kashmere (not sure on that name) and one other that i cant think of right now?

buff4life
11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
yes, they have one five in a row against Llano, Ingram, Bandera, SA West Campus and Lytle after starting the year 1-6.

the six loses are to LH, LE, Wylie, 4A Dripping Springs, Houston Kashmere (not sure on that name) and one other that i cant think of right now?

I know I was implying thier record to show that they really aren't a TRUE quality opponent...and they lost to Giddings as i'm sure you knew just being a jerk and didn't want to say it...

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I know I was implying thier record to show that they really aren't a TRUE quality opponent...and they lost to Giddings as i'm sure you knew just being a jerk and didn't want to say it...
Wimberley is ALWAYS a quality opponent when they play Liberty Hill. You can go back and check my post from the week we played them, but it was something like "I don't care how down they are, they WILL bring it this week". It's a long-standing rivalry, and not the most good-natured one.

clemsmarina
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Being a jerk?!?! hmmmmm...... Pot.....kettle.....right!!!

Wimberly does have a football game this week don't they?

buff4life
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Wimberley is ALWAYS a quality opponent when they play Liberty Hill. You can go back and check my post from the week we played them, but it was something like "I don't care how down they are, they WILL bring it this week". It's a long-standing rivalry, and not the most good-natured one.

wasn't referring to your post, but ya anything can happen in a rivalry game, but still you got my point

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM

Yes that is their record, but hey they are still playing!

buff4life
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes that is their record, but hey they are still playing!

look at who they have played in the playoffs...if that was suppose to be a shot at me and my team, i bet we would still be playing in that region too...and i don't want to whine about not having Fitz last week cuz its a dead horse, but i think he would have made a big difference...but thats last week and our team gave it everything they had...hats off to all teams left in the playoffs...

JT44
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM

those purples sure do hide that ball.....hard enough to find it as it is and then the ball just blends in with those uni's

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
look at who they have played in the playoffs...if that was suppose to be a shot at me and my team, i bet we would still be playing in that region too...and i don't want to whine about not having Fitz last week cuz its a dead horse, but i think he would have made a big difference...but thats last week and our team gave it everything they had...hats off to all teams left in the playoffs... settle down - it wasn't a shot at you - it's a fact. I've seen Wimberley play the past 3 years and believe me when I tell you that their record doesn't matter, what matters is they are still playing and for RattlerDude to say that Navasota is gonna play LH unlike any team LH has faced this year is just funny to me. I'm sure this year EVERY team has played "unlike any team" because they were playing the defending state champions, EVERY team is gonna bring their "A" game!

buff4life
11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
settle down - it wasn't a shot at you - it's a fact. I've seen Wimberley play the past 3 years and believe me when I tell you that their record doesn't matter, what matters is they are still playing and for RattlerDude to say that Navasota is gonna play LH unlike any team LH has faced this year is just funny to me. I'm sure this year EVERY team has played "unlike any team" because they were playing the defending state champions, EVERY team is gonna bring their "A" game!

ok in that sense i agree...I think Navasota is better than Wimberley but not better than Cuero, as much as I want Navasota to win this game, I just don't see it happening...IF, and thats a big if, they play to they're best ability for 4 quarters i think they can do it...

pirate4state
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
ok in that sense i agree...I think Navasota is better than Wimberley but not better than Cuero, as much as I want Navasota to win this game, I just don't see it happening...IF, and thats a big if, they play to they're best ability for 4 quarters i think they can do it... Really?? I'm not saying they don't have a shot, but that shot is very slim IMHO especially after what Caldwell did to them with a shell of an offense that LH runs.

Super_R
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for wishing ill against us buff. We'll see if it happens this week. My ill will toward you guys happend last week. You going to tomorrows basketball game?

I have no doubt in my mind that navasota will be ready for the game Friday. I also have no doubt that LH will be ready for the same game. So, being ready doesn't get the W for ya. Giving it your all doesn't win it for you either.

LH has tasted blood. They know what it takes to win...and they have proven that 21 times in a row.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for wishing ill against us buff. We'll see if it happens this week. My ill will toward you guys happend last week. You going to tomorrows basketball game?

I have no doubt in my mind that navasota will be ready for the game Friday. I also have no doubt that LH will be ready for the same game. So, being ready doesn't get the W for ya. Giving it your all doesn't win it for you either.

LH has tasted blood. They know what it takes to win...and they have proven that 21 times in a row.

hey rook you going to class now? nice try though, keep the arrogance up, we'll see how hard you fall whether it be this week or not...just be happy ya'll are DI and didn't have to play Giddings, WOS, La Vega, and they other great teams in DII...

I never said Navasota would stop LH, they might slow them down once or twice, but if they can get they're offense going they are dangerous...

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
just be happy ya'll are DI and didn't have to play Giddings, WOS, La Vega, and they other great teams in DII...

:doh: :doh: Happy? It doesn't matter to us. We played everyone put in front of us LAST year, including one of those "great" teams you mentioned, and we'll play whoever gets put in front of us this year.

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
It is GOTW. Pay attention at the time it wasn't, keep up noob

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Ironically didn't yall have to beat La Grange just to make the playoffs and yall only won by 8? ;) This question is still on the table.

clemsmarina
11-26-2007, 03:25 PM
hey rook you going to class now? nice try though, keep the arrogance up, we'll see how hard you fall whether it be this week or not...just be happy ya'll are DI and didn't have to play Giddings, WOS, La Vega, and they other great teams in DII...

I never said Navasota would stop LH, they might slow them down once or twice, but if they can get they're offense going they are dangerous...

These young men will take anyone that gets put in the bracket, regardless of Div I or Div II. You and Punkhenry just need to be glad you didn't have to face us again like last year, until that mysterious ghost of a cheapshot took out your boy....!!!

Enjoy basketball....... :kiss:

navscanmaster
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I know a lot of people like to use the Caldwell game as a comparison. I know also that Liberty Hill has two hosses in the backfield that run hard and pile up the yardage with the perfection of the offense they run. My question is this: We faced Xavier Canto. I think that as a runner, and I have seen some different video of Liberty Hill this year, Canto is a different style of runner than those two. He bursts off the line, runs low, cuts quick, never lets his feet quit moving, and runs at full speed from snap to whistle. Canto would probably pile up even more yardage as a Panther because of how good he is. I know that Allman is tested and got an A+, and Gonzales is proving he belongs on the honor roll as well. But having seen both teams, albeit one limited on film, I think that there is a difference in the Slot T offense between the two teams. Caldwell is not quite there yet, and Canto really rescues that offense from being average. They are still really good without him, as they didn't have him last year, but he made them much better.

All that is just an observation. It doesn't have to relate to how the Panthers and Rattlers will match up, but I just wanted to make a personal observation about it since a lot of people are comparing Caldwell and Liberty Hill only on the basis of "a" slot T offense being run. It is not meant to take any shots at Navasota, Caldwell, or Liberty Hill, so try not to make it so.:D

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
navscanmaster, I don't. I just use by what I know about LH :)

navscanmaster
11-26-2007, 03:35 PM
navscanmaster, I don't. I just use by what I know about LH :)

Just my personal observations, that's all. I don't think that Caldwell and Liberty Hill match up offenses very well, even though they both run the Slot T. Technique and clock control wise, Cleveland probably matches up better with Liberty Hill as far as the Slot T goes. Only Cleveland doesn't have nearly the talent, speed, or size that LH has. Or the Championship. Or the winning streak. Or the.....ahh forget it.:)

buff4life
11-26-2007, 03:37 PM
:doh: :doh: Happy? It doesn't matter to us. We played everyone put in front of us LAST year, including one of those "great" teams you mentioned, and we'll play whoever gets put in front of us this year.

did i mention ANYTHING about last year? no i didn't, those were different teams last year and different this year, cheap shots about already playing hoops because we lost to a great team, and LH has not played that great team in the playoffs yet...

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Just my personal observations, that's all. I don't think that Caldwell and Liberty Hill match up offenses very well, even though they both run the Slot T. Technique and clock control wise, Cleveland probably matches up better with Liberty Hill as far as the Slot T goes. Only Cleveland doesn't have nearly the talent, speed, or size that LH has. Or the Championship. Or the winning streak. Or the.....ahh forget it.:) Seen both of these offenses and from what I have seen they are two different offenses. LH does different things than Caldwell. You'll be watching a play happen and not know who has the ball while in Caldwell's offense you know who is getting the ball.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
These young men will take anyone that gets put in the bracket, regardless of Div I or Div II. You and Punkhenry just need to be glad you didn't have to face us again like last year, until that mysterious ghost of a cheapshot took out your boy....!!!

Enjoy basketball....... :kiss:

hey guess what...FITZhenry is going on to have a great career at UT while your stuck fantasizing on a message board...and too bad he didn't have any part in the WOS, wish he would have...

navscanmaster
11-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Seen both of these offenses and from what I have seen they are two different offenses. LH does different things than Caldwell. You'll be watching a play happen and not know who has the ball while in Caldwell's offense you know who is getting the ball.

Agreed.

navscanmaster
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Enjoy being a classless, ignorant poster :doh:

WTH? Is there no civility left in this world? And I mean that for both sides of the above conversation.:mad:

Super_R
11-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Did I hit a nerve clown. How long does it take to polish up that ring that says..."If it weren't for a cheap shot we would be the State Champs"?

Look you have a bad taste in your mouth. So, you can do one of a few things. Brush your teeth, spit that nasty jock strap out of your mouth, or speak only of what you know and not what you feel. Hate is taken care of with Carma. It looks to me like you are getting yours right now. Relax.

clemsmarina
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
hey guess what...FITZhenry is going on to have a great career at UT while your stuck fantasizing on a message board...and too bad he didn't have any part in the WOS, wish he would have...

Fantasizing....not wasting my time on that one!

Tithenry will do nothing at UT, unless he runs track. On the football field he will be lit up, and often. Then his daddy will come out of the stands to bring him a consolation ribbon for giving it his all, and make excuses about how good he could have been if not for the ghost following him around.:p

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
ladies.....calm down. :)

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Just my personal observations, that's all. I don't think that Caldwell and Liberty Hill match up offenses very well, even though they both run the Slot T. Technique and clock control wise, Cleveland probably matches up better with Liberty Hill as far as the Slot T goes. Only Cleveland doesn't have nearly the talent, speed, or size that LH has. Or the Championship. Or the winning streak. Or the.....ahh forget it.:)

Well...Its nothing the Rattlers haven't seen before, so hopefully they'll be better prepared for it this week.

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Well...Its nothing the Rattlers haven't seen before, so hopefully they'll be better prepared for it this week. dude trust me....it is something you haven't seen before. I'm not sarcastic about this post at all.

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:08 PM
dude trust me....it is something you haven't seen before. I'm not sarcastic about this post at all.

Well if they're going to pound the ball, I think Navasota will be ready.

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Well...Its nothing the Rattlers haven't seen before, so hopefully they'll be better prepared for it this week.

Oh but it is. LH will throw you for a loop when you watch their running game. Like I said before, its ova wit for the rattlers.

48minutes
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
I want to go to this one

Good luck to d-23.... But it will tough! strike em rattlers

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 04:10 PM

wow, someones got some serious emotional problems :eek:

i honestly didnt remember, sorry i wasnt up Giddings butt like the Austin American Statesman has been for the past 2 seasons :rolleyes:

Stownhorse
dude trust me....it is something you haven't seen before. I'm not sarcastic about this post at all.

He has no clue, does he GoBlue?

Old Tiger
Well if they're going to pound the ball, I think Navasota will be ready. LH doesn't pound the ball as much as you think. Allman up the middle is about all the pounding you'll see. You'll just have to see it in person because obviously your bias.

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
SIDE NOTE - I WOULD LOVE TO SEE NAVASOTA STACK THE MIDDLE ON LH.

RattlerDude
11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
settle down - it wasn't a shot at you - it's a fact. I've seen Wimberley play the past 3 years and believe me when I tell you that their record doesn't matter, what matters is they are still playing and for RattlerDude to say that Navasota is gonna play LH unlike any team LH has faced this year is just funny to me. I'm sure this year EVERY team has played "unlike any team" because they were playing the defending state champions, EVERY team is gonna bring their "A" game!

Whatever, you'll see what I'm talking about on Friday.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Did I hit a nerve clown. How long does it take to polish up that ring that says..."If it weren't for a cheap shot we would be the State Champs"?

Look you have a bad taste in your mouth. So, you can do one of a few things. Brush your teeth, spit that nasty jock strap out of your mouth, or speak only of what you know and not what you feel. Hate is taken care of with Carma. It looks to me like you are getting yours right now. Relax.

no what bothers me is that yall keep bringing up last year and say cheap shot all the time...please find a post where i said that it was a cheap shot...please do and once against i said we would not have won that game either way...you just wish i would have said that so you would have some true ammo against me...

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
LH doesn't pound the ball as much as you think. Allman up the middle is about all the pounding you'll see. You'll just have to see it in person because obviously your bias.

No, not necessarily. I said I think Navasota would be ready if LH pounded the ball, but I did not say that was what LH was going to do. I didn't even LH pounds the ball alot...How would I know?

hookandladder
11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Tithenry will do nothing at UT, unless he runs track. On the football field he will be lit up, and often. Then his daddy will come out of the stands to bring him a consolation ribbon for giving it his all, and make excuses about how good he could have been if not for the ghost following him around.:p

I thought LH had some class fans but I see there are bad apples everywhere. There is no reason to talk any crap about the Gidding QB, if he were playing QB for LH you would love him. Let's give him his chance to prove he can play at UT until then keep your month shut about him. No daddy,mom or friend of him, just hoping you get the message.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

sounds like your just jealous to me

buff4life
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 48minutes
I want to go to this one

Good luck to d-23.... But it will tough! strike em rattlers

I'll go with ya...

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
...How would I know? Obviously you don't :p

Allman = beast

beast = 74

Had to give LHPM a shout out :D

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
I'll go with ya... take ol 35 up to temple

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Obviously you don't :p

Exactly what I just said...

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
good now be quiet ;)

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Whatever, you'll see what I'm talking about on Friday.

And you'll see what me and GoBlue are talkin bout friday.

No, not necessarily. I said I think Navasota would be ready if LH pounded the ball, but I did not say that was what LH was going to do. I didn't even LH pounds the ball alot...How would I know?

Have you even seen LH play? If not, prepare to be blown away.

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
good now be quiet ;)

After you...

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
After you... No seriously you really should. I pwned you on this thread and you'll see friday night ;)

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
couldnt agree more blue, but its always like this every week. no one ever understands what they are going up against :devil:

then they see film during the week and it scares them half to death..then they just live in denial for the next 3 or 4 days until judgement day comes :D ;)

Originally posted by Stownhorse
He has no clue, does he GoBlue?

we see eye to eye stonehorse :cool:

Stownhorse
No seriously you really should. I owned you on this thread and you'll see friday night ;)

lol :clap:

buff4life
take ol 35 up to temple

I gotta take 48minutes with me lol...

Rattlesnake_08
And you'll see what me and GoBlue are talkin bout friday.

If not, prepare to be blown away.

What? Are they like the second coming of Christ or something?

Super_R
Hey in your team player pic...I bet you are the one on the right.

Old Tiger
we see eye to eye stonehorse :cool: hopefully not up close 11 :flaming:

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:20 PM
No seriously you really should. I pwned you on this thread and you'll see friday night ;)

Nice opinon...:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
What? Are they like the second coming of Christ or something? No, Christ is the second coming of LH...

haha joke

Daddy D 11
just come to the meet and greet at halftime everybody so that we can converse on our predictions and how they are panning out :D it could be interesting :thinking:

that way we arent fantasizing on some message boards like buffwhatever said :clap: :clap: ;)

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice opinon...:rolleyes: Yes it is the best.

LH 42
Navasota 17

Daddy D 11
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
you going to the game blue?

Rattlesnake_08
11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes it is the best.

LH 42
Navasota 17

Goodness! I never thought someone could so full of themselves.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Hey in your team player pic...I bet you are the one on the right.

heck you just wish you could get one like that, much less a hott, skinny one...

Old Tiger
you going to the game blue? Yes, I'll be wearing my LH shirt that I caught at the Giddings game last year.

Runnin Panther

Wow, I knew it would get nasty this week.
Come on buff be honest you know DII teams were happy LH went DI, not the other way around. We would love to play Giddings, WOS and La Vega.

Stownhorse
you going to the game blue?

Where you at the Robinson game?

Old Tiger
11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Goodness! I never thought someone could so full of themselves. Navasota sux!:p :D :cool:

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Come on buff be honest you know DII teams were happy LH went DI, not the other way around. We would love to play Giddings, WOS and La Vega.

I hate to admit it but DII does have a little more competition. None from region 1 though.

Rattlesnake_08
Navasota sux!:p :D :cool:

Not as much as you do.

buff4life
just come to the meet and greet at halftime everybody so that we can converse on our predictions and how they are panning out :D it could be interesting :thinking:

that way we arent fantasizing on some message boards like buffwhatever said :clap: :clap: ;)

you are so off topic trying to punk me its hilarious...

RattlerDude

Did you not read it? I said unlike any other team they played this year. I didn't say The Rattlers would play them like Wimberley and Cuero. Get it right you....

RattlerDude
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
No, Christ is the second coming of LH...

haha joke

That is retarded

buff4life
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM

Quit being so arrogant and say yes you were happy...and no we weren't sad yall went D1 but we did want another shot at yall, not that it would have mattered anyway

Stownhorse
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Did you not read it? I said unlike any other team they played this year. I didn't say The Rattlers would play them like Wimberley and Cuero. Get it right you....

You better slow your roll and recognize who you're talking to.

Runnin Panther
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM

As far as Fitzhenry is concerned, I don’t think he has the body to play at UT. I have seen both plays that Fitzhenry went out on, this year and last and if his body can’t endure more than that then he won’t last 2 games at UT. If he proves me wrong I will definitely give him his due.

clemsmarina
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I thought LH had some class fans but I see there are bad apples everywhere. There is no reason to talk any crap about the Gidding QB, if he were playing QB for LH you would love him. Let's give him his chance to prove he can play at UT until then keep your month shut about him. No daddy,mom or friend of him, just hoping you get the message.

Nobody asked you, and there is no need for you to pretend to be my dad today...hoping you get my message too.

I'll give him his credit when he earns it....not when the statesman gives it to him.

buff4life
As far as Fitzhenry is concerned, I don’t think he has the body to play at UT. I have seen both plays that Fitzhenry went out on, this year and last and if his body can’t endure more than that then he won’t last 2 games at UT. If he proves me wrong I will definitely give him his due.

OK..agree i'm just saying there was no need to down him and misprint his name on purpose..when he is achieving stuff some people just dream of doing...

Daddy D 11
atleast i made you laugh buffwhatever :kiss:

Old Tiger
Not as much as you do. Sorry your team is going to lose by 20+ points to LH. You've got these hopes and dreams built up so it will be humerous to see them crushed.

buff4life
11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
You better slow your roll and recognize who you're talking to.

Is he suppose to be scared of Barney dancing? :D