PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs Wimberly WHERE?

headhunter
11-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Has anyone heard where

I was hoping it would be in San Marcos or Seguin
Because it is more of a small college atmopshere and the crowd would be a factor
If you put these teams in the Alamodome then the crowd seems to be less a factor plus its $10 dollars to park and still and 30 min walk to the game.

Even though San Marcos is only 20 min from Wimberly I still believe thats the best place to play and is easy to get to only about an hour from Cuero
Cuero has always had good luck there.
I can bet Wimberly wont want to play in Seguin (cause of the loss in 04)
And Cuero wont want to play in the Alamodome (cause last year)

Highschoolfan78
11-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
Has anyone heard where

I was hoping it would be in San Marcos or Seguin
Because it is more of a small college atmopshere and the crowd would be a factor
If you put these teams in the Alamodome then the crowd seems to be less a factor plus its $10 dollars to park and still and 30 min walk to the game.

Even though San Marcos is only 20 min from Wimberly I still believe thats the best place to play and is easy to get to only about an hour from Cuero
Cuero has always had good luck there.
I can bet Wimberly wont want to play in Seguin (cause of the loss in 04)
And Cuero wont want to play in the Alamodome (cause last year)

I'd like to see it played in San Marcos, just because the rivalry hasn't played there in this decade yet. After this year's Wimberly/Cuero match up, they may have to repeat a stadium unless they go to Nixon-Smiley or Stockdale:P.. Cuero already played at Refugio

GreenMachine
11-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Heard Alamodome was out because of Big XII championship weekend, but other than that, I don't know.

JT44
11-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I will probably know later this morning, will post ASAP if no one beats me to it..

garciap77
11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Congrats Cuero. I' m going with Cuero on this one by at least by 21. They are playing outstanding football and will be hard to stop.

JT44
11-24-2007, 10:19 AM
So what's the word on Wimberley this year? I know they had a tough schedule, but they've been on a roll lately.

Who's playing well for them, last year they had Beatty, Thompson, and the Beast Michael Buse, any guys like these playing now?

I guess the LH faithful can give the most insight

LHPfactory
11-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by JT44
So what's the word on Wimberley this year? I know they had a tough schedule, but they've been on a roll lately.

Who's playing well for them, last year they had Beatty, Thompson, and the Beast Michael Buse, any guys like these playing now?

I guess the LH faithful can give the most insight

When LH played them, they had some good athletes, however, they just didnt seem to be able to put it together. Buse was the X-factor the last two years and he is gone. It appears they have improved, however, Cuero should still win by 2 or 3 scores.

JT44
11-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Buse pretty much won that game by himself last year in the dome

Gobbla2001
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
When LH played them, they had some good athletes, however, they just didnt seem to be able to put it together. Buse was the X-factor the last two years and he is gone. It appears they have improved, however, Cuero should still win by 2 or 3 scores.

I remember seeing them early on in the '04 season against Iowa Park... I felt there was no way that Wimberley team could hang with a team like Cuero... the next week (I believe) they lost to La Vernia...

but they got better as the year went on... blew out LV in the first round of the playoffs and gave Cuero a big run for their money up in Seguin...

Wimberley's gunna be damn good and ready for this game...

get 'em Gobblers!

Gobbla2001
11-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Buse pretty much won that game by himself last year in the dome

THE QB had a very good game as well.... Buse was a great runner, never gave up, but us not tackling him didn't help much either...

JT44
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
THE QB had a very good game as well.... Buse was a great runner, never gave up, but us not tackling him didn't help much either...

I think most of our tackles were more like him running over our defenders and then tripping over their bodies

and I had never seen D.Ruiz get abused by a receiver the way Thompson did in that game. That one handed snag for a td was nasty.

Hopefully this year Cuero can jump on them early and knock down any confidence that might be left over from last years win.

TexanAlum_06
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I think most of our tackles were more like him running over our defenders and then tripping over their bodies

and I had never seen D.Ruiz get abused by a receiver the way Thompson did in that game. That one handed snag for a td was nasty.

Hopefully this year Cuero can jump on them early and knock down any confidence that might be left over from last years win.

That would be dagger to the heart from our standpoint. Wimberley needs to come out, get the ball and score first and get the confidence and emotion flowing, Kinda like ATM did yesterday.... Lytle came out emotionally charged and hit us right in the mouth last night and dominated us for about 6 minutes, now of course when they had one thing go wrong it was good night sweetheart for their confidence and composure and we reeled off 42 unanswered..... but IF we let that happen against a team like CUERO, it could be the end for us. Because if we get behind, we dont have the big play threats like we did last year in Buse and Thompson to catch up. ball control is key for wimberley.