PDA

View Full Version : Any vets on the board?

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 02:05 AM
I've been here for a few years now....and I found myself wondering...do we have any vets around? Branch? years served?

I was US Army from 95-00 active and then reserves 00-03.

Basic at Ft. Sill, OK B 3/321st
AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA D 447th
Camp Long, Wonju, Korea B 304th
Ft. Bragg, NC A 327th ABN, 35th BDE ABN
Camp Walker/Carroll Taegu, Korea 293rd Sig Bn.

Yoakum, TX Reserve Center 352nd Eng. Co.

I then contracted for the gov/military for a few years....

Diego Garcia, Kuwait, Arizona...and was on my way to Afghanistan before the complications w/ our unborn daughter. She's doing great at this point now...I'm hopeful! :)

rangerjoe33
11-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Thanks for serving...

MCRD San Diego
MCT Pendleton
Comm School 29 Palms
Did a lot of field work, live fire exercises at Ft Sill.

USMC 2nd BTN 14th Marines Ft Worth
Arty Support/FDC Comm
1991-1994, Medical out when Clinton started the military cutbacks.

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Thanks for serving...

MCRD San Diego
MCT Pendleton
Comm School 29 Palms
Did a lot of field work, live fire exercises at Ft Sill.

USMC 2nd BTN 14th Marines Ft Worth
Arty Support/FDC Comm
1991-1994, Medical out when Clinton started the military cutbacks. thank you sir...and same to ya :)

eagles_victory
11-24-2007, 02:17 AM
i thought you meant vets like animal doctors when i first read this thread lol. But thanks to both of yall appreciate what you do/did for this great country

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i thought you meant vets like animal doctors when i first read this thread lol. But thanks to both of yall appreciate what you do/did for this great country LOL....if it counts...my wife is a vet tech at a clinic in Houston. :D

ronwx5x
11-24-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm older than most guys on here.

I was at Mather AFB in Sacramento, CA in 1968, then to training as a weapons system operator in an F-4 Phantom at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. Fine Fine Airplane.

Then 365 days, 10 hours and 12 minutes flying out of Phu Cat AB, Vietnam. I've done things I've enjoyed more, but never with that much adrenaline rush.

After that bit of fun, Bitburg Germany for 3 1/2 of the best years of my life. Called the Air Force quits after that.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2007, 09:10 AM
USAF GO BIG BLUE. Spent 82 86 in nearly stayed in. Was in computers and war skills team but got invited to stay in and play in the AIR FORCE Band of the Southwest. Glad I did not as it turned out
or I would never have met my wife.
Nearly got an invite for Gulf War 1. My future Son in Law is also USAF. My thanks to all who have served and those currently serving in Iraq.

OldNavy
11-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I served in the USN from March 1972 until October 1999. Had a very enjoyable career and would do it again if I could.

Really did see the world!

Thanks to all for making this the greatest place on earth!

garciap77
11-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Retired USAF. A pleasure to served 20 years (77 – 97)! I’m still serving now as a contractor at Dyess Air Force Base.

sww-bull52
11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
1st Marine Division '85-91 Gulf I Vet

I now have a son in the Marine Reserves and a son in the Navy aboard a Destroyer

Thanks to ALL who serve past, present, and future.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Basic: Fort Leonardwood, MO.
AIT: Fort Huachuca, AZ.
Duty Station: Ft Campbell, KY
1/320th FA.
Currently OIF 07-09

rancher
11-24-2007, 09:44 AM
USN, (CDR RETIRED), 1976-2000. PROUDLY SERVED IN OPERATION DESERT STORM (1991). TWO SONS PROUDLY SERVING USAF.

VAMike
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
US Army enlisted military intelligence 75-78
US Army commissioned military police 79 - 83

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!

Rabbit'93
11-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Never had the pleasure to serve. In my younger years I thought better against it. Now I tend to regret that decision.

Thanks to all that served.

JJ7997
11-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Texas Nasty Guard 01'-present.

Basic- Ft. Knox

OIF II Feb. 04' - Apr. 05' LSA Anaconda and Camp Cooke aka Taji

Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and recently OJS on the border from Jul. 06- Aug. 07.

Got 5 drills left before ETS.

KingRob
11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
USAF 84 - 94. Still in the Reserves. Duty stations were George AFB, CA, and Ramstein AB, Germany. Still at Ramstein, but a civilian now.

alaskacat
11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I spent the most enjoyable days of my life (although at the time it didn't seem like it) in a little village in South Vietnam called Cu Chi. Base camp for the 25th Infantry division.
There I was a crewchief on a UH-1 helicopter gunship. I logged 1037 combat hours, was shot down three times, survived a midair collision 2000 feet up, bounced a .51 off the back of my head. They even gave me a couple hero badges for doing my job.

There I met many men, which i had no idea would be my purpose in life today. For we truly are a band of brothers.

25% of us are dead now due to agent orange illnesses, mostly from every kind of cancer known to man.

Today I run the web page for our old unit 25th Aviation Battalion, and we have adopted our modern day counterparts the 25th Aviation Regiment. They just returned from Iraq last month for the 2nd time.

If you are a history buff, or a student, and want to know the truth about what really happened in Vietnam, it is all there, not this left wing crap they publish as history. Come pay us a visit
at http://25thaviation.org

Want to learn something about me? Read Letters from you when you get there.

Would I do it again? Absolutely in a heart beat.

Remember it is the soldier that gives you the freedoms you enjoy today, not the Politicians.

Thank these kids for putting their life on hold and on the line to protect you and me every time you get a chance.

I do, I refuse to let this group of young men be treated like we were on our return.

I have rambled o about this long enough....Go ARmy! Beat Navy!!

Steerfan
11-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I have never served, but come from a long line of military service, all the way back to the Revolution.

My dad is a WWII Vet and always made a point to educate me and my bros about "things that we would not be taught in school". He was right.....we were not taught those things in school, but thankfully now with the history channel new generations are being exposed to the depth of sacrifice that has allowed our great nation to be free.

God Bless all of you that have served, in the past or present. You are the true HEROES of our time!!!

I will say Thank You for your sacrifices, even though there are no words that can fully express my gratitude.

Last year, my cousin, Richard Kirk, who served in Vietnam passed away due to cancer. He was a brave, giving man who was deeply loved by his family and community.

God Bless our Troops and keep them from harms way.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
I spent the most enjoyable days of my life (although at the time it didn't seem like it) in a little village in South Vietnam called Cu Chi. Base camp for the 25th Infantry division.
There I was a crewchief on a UH-1 helicopter gunship. I logged 1037 combat hours, was shot down three times, survived a midair collision 2000 feet up, bounced a .51 off the back of my head. They even gave me a couple hero badges for doing my job.

There I met many men, which i had no idea would be my purpose in life today. For we truly are a band of brothers.

25% of us are dead now due to agent orange illnesses, mostly from every kind of cancer known to man.

Today I run the web page for our old unit 25th Aviation Battalion, and we have adopted our modern day counterparts the 25th Aviation Regiment. They just returned from Iraq last month for the 2nd time.

If you are a history buff, or a student, and want to know the truth about what really happened in Vietnam, it is all there, not this left wing crap they publish as history. Come pay us a visit
at http://25thaviation.org

Want to learn something about me? Read Letters from you when you get there.

Would I do it again? Absolutely in a heart beat.

Remember it is the soldier that gives you the freedoms you enjoy today, not the Politicians.

Thank these kids for putting their life on hold and on the line to protect you and me every time you get a chance.

I do, I refuse to let this group of young men be treated like we were on our return.

I have rambled o about this long enough....Go ARmy! Beat Navy!!

Hey ron remind me that I owe you a brew next time for your service. I never got shot at. Luckily. I expect to see you at Mesquite. This time I will not be able to get there early. Save us a seat. Dont know if I will bring all the kids this time or if it will be just me... and at least now I know what is wrong with you.....:D

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
I was going to go to school to become a Vet. Never the less I want to say thanks for all those who have served or is in the process of serving this great country.

alaskacat
11-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Hey ron remind me that I owe you a brew next time for your service. I never got shot at. Luckily. I expect to see you at Mesquite. This time I will not be able to get there early. Save us a seat. Dont know if I will bring all the kids this time or if it will be just me... and at least now I know what is wrong with you.....:D

LOL..yup you got it, I looked for you after the game but missed you somewhere.

As far as how I am, according to the VA..certifiably a mental basket case:)...but it only shows up when the officiating sucks ...eh they pay me for it too:)

Wish it came with a free UIL pass:)

I thought the T shirt lady was gonna be there last night with the new play off shirts, but alas she was MIA, snag me an extra large and I'll pay ya in Mesquite.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
LOL..yup you got it, I looked for you after the game but missed you somewhere.

As far as how I am, according to the VA..certifiably a mental basket case:)...but it only shows up when the officiating sucks ...eh they pay me for it too:)

Wish it came with a free UIL pass:)

I thought the T shirt lady was gonna be there last night with the new play off shirts, but alas she was MIA, snag me an extra large and I'll pay ya in Mesquite.

You got it. They have Celina 2007 playoffs on the front and look almost to pretty. Nice shirt tho. Yea I took the kids home early last night. Too cold for them. If the weather looks like cold again I may just make them stay home.
If we get a saturday game we ought to get a little lunch before the game and I will buy....
:D

alaskacat
11-24-2007, 02:54 PM
No problem there, but have we ever had a Sat game?

If in the late summer you wish to explore the wonders of Alaska let me know, just cost you a plane ticket and chip into the beer fund but you have to bait your own hook

I live on the Kenai Peninsula, Salmon capital of the world:)

Who-dun-it!!?
11-24-2007, 04:38 PM
US Army Reserves and National Guard

1991 Basic Ft. Sill OK 1st / 33rd
AIT Ft. Sill OK, 1st /321

1994 Otai Mts.
1997 Mojavi Desert
1999 Bosnia / ETS
No longer military but still proudly serve as a Texas State Trooper.