PDA

View Full Version : REAL lowdown on Burnet/Everman refs

Chris Hart
12-15-2002, 02:22 PM
I think the game was called very fairly in the first half. In the second half there WERE some questionable calls, but they were in Burnet's favor. I am as diehard of a Burnet fan as you can get, but even during the game, I was telling my brother, that the refs are trying to keep us in it. Even with the help of the refs, Burnet could not stop Everman! Burnet hadn't been behind after midway through the 2nd quarter all year, and it showed. They had no answer for Everman PERIOD. If the refs were biased in any way shape or form, it was for Burnet and against Everman. Burnet ran into the HARDEST playing team I have ever witnessed last night. Everman was simply not going to be denied, even the refs couldn't stop them last night. Congratulations and KUDOS to the Everman staff and players, yall are a GREAT team.

Burnet fans (some) need to realize, that we met a better football team last night, and there is no shame in losing to the BEST. We will be back to give it our all again next year, but we will have a hard time making it back this far. I would venture to say that all 8 senior starters that Burnet will be losing, will be first team all-district, and several all-staters. Those guys will be very hard to replace. Burnet will be good next year, but to be better than this year, they will have to prepare MUCH harder than they did this year, and they prepared very hard this year. Go Burnet Bulldogs! What a SEASON!!!Thanks!!

sinton66
12-15-2002, 02:33 PM
Chris, you really are a classy guy! Some of your fans and some of Jasper's fans could stand to learn a thing or two from you. My heart even went against my head in my support for Burnet. Believe me, I know where you're coming from here. Good luck next year.

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Chris it's a shame that you have to play damage control just because there are a few sore losers. But, if someone was gonna do it, you're the guy. You've shown yourself to be among the classiest! :cool: :cool: :cool:

spaniard
12-15-2002, 09:18 PM
hey chris, i was about to add a topic telling some of our fans to quit their stinkin whining about us losing. everman was an awesome team, and i still think that they handed us our butts on a purple and gold platter. as hard as it is to admit defeat, especially when we were undefeated, i will give everman the credit they deserve, and i have to respect them because of their ability to play the game. they had endurance, speed, talent, and everything needed to take another state title. our guys will be back next year to romp and stomp, and im hoping they will have it in themselves to make it back to this time of the year. and if its with everman again, then its gonna be another awesome game. once again, congratulations to everman on an awesome season and team, and to our greendawgs, awesome season too, and you guys gave it your all, and those of you that will be back next year, remember this feeling of losing, and dont forget it, play like you hate it.

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>