PDA

View Full Version : Vincent McNeil's Performance Against RC...

JR2004
11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
After tonight I've run out of superlatives to describe this kid. If you haven't seen him yet you need to. Next week may be it for McNeil and his Mustang teammates against Gilmer, but it should be a good game.

Tonight's statline for McNeil

Passing
13-21
211 Yards
3 TD's

Rushing
18 carries
130 yards
3 TD's.

341 yards combined and 6 more TD's. (Another TD was taken away on the final play of the first half due to Roosevelt's receiver stepping out of bounds and coming back in.)

Anyone who has met me knows that I grudingly give Roosevelt credit because of our (Madison) rivalry with them, but they're rolling right now. McNeil had a great individual performance tonight, but they had a darn good game overall as a team. They had 501 yards of offense and held Royse City to 227 yards of offense. (RC could've and should've had more, but they had a bad case of the drops tonight.)

This may not be big for y'all that are used to this, but for the first time ever (for me at least) I saw a DISD team actually show an opponent respect and just run the ball in the 4th up the middle in a game they had well in hand. I was actually glad to see them do that. That's a big rarity in DISD.

rangerjoe33
11-24-2007, 01:29 AM
Agreed regarding the running the ball late. They could have kept pouring it on if they wanted. We (RC) just could not stop McNeil.

He is really incredible. The best QB/athlete I have seen this year by far.

I was impressed the official caught the fact that the receiver came back into the field of play right before half. It was still a heck of a catch. They made several outstanding receptions tonight. Talented receivers.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:42 AM
That is awesome!

Aesculus gilmus
11-24-2007, 08:16 AM
The Royse City color commentator said a few "knuckleheads" (as he called them) on the Roosevelt side were going to cause Royse City fans to go home with a bad feeling about the entire Velt program.

This reminds me of the way Gilmer fans, even though we had won by a comfortable margin, couldn't help but "dis" everything about Madison a few years ago after that third round game in 2004.

I loved the game, I particularly loved the Madison halftime show and I didn't understand where these Gilmer fans got off with their feigned superiority attitude about even having to play Madison.

It did appear, from listening, though, that at least a couple of Velt players (one, for sure) were ejected. Does this mean they cannot play next week or not? I've never been clear on whether there is a rule to that effect.

rangerjoe33
11-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
The Royse City color commentator said a few "knuckleheads" (as he called them) on the Roosevelt side were going to cause Royse City fans to go home with a bad feeling about the entire Velt program.

This reminds me of the way Gilmer fans, even though we had won by a comfortable margin, couldn't help but "dis" everything about Madison a few years ago after that third round game in 2004.

I loved the game, I particularly loved the Madison halftime show and I didn't understand where these Gilmer fans got off with their feigned superiority attitude about even having to play Madison.

It did appear, from listening, though, that at least a couple of Velt players (one, for sure) were ejected. Does this mean they cannot play next week or not? I've never been clear on whether there is a rule to that effect.

The ejection, one I believe, #7 a member of the defensive secondary. It came with about 7 minutes to go and was due to continued trash talking, it did not involve any kind of fighting or anything that I am aware of. The other instance was not an ejection but a delay called due to a kid throwing the ball down the field after attempting to return a dead ball after an attempted fake punt failed and they sacked the punter, the kid thought the ball was live and got mad after they blew the play dead. I do not believe playing in next weeks game will be affected by this but I am not a rules expert.

Irregardless of how bad the trash talk on the field got during the game, after the game the teams were very respectful of one another.

The Kracken
11-24-2007, 10:14 AM
i believe that if a player is ejected after halftime, he must sit out the first half of the next game that he is involved in.

coachc45
11-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by The Kracken
i believe that if a player is ejected after halftime, he must sit out the first half of the next game that he is involved in.

There is no rule regarding whether a player sits out after an ejection It is purely at the descression of the coach at that school.