PDA

View Full Version : 29-3a sweeps

29-3aFAN
11-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Way to go, gobblers, apaches, and sharks! Keep it rollin.........

bandera7
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
congrats to 29-3a!

gtown
11-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Congrats to all of 29-3a!! What a year we've got going! See, all of that beating up on each other in district is paying off now!!

gobbler grad
11-24-2007, 01:11 AM
What happened to 32-3A...:eek:

29-3A kicked a little booty...:wave:

way to Sharks...good job Apaches...Wooooo-Hoooo Gobblers...:cheerl: :cheerl:

DrBob
11-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
What happened to 32-3A...:eek:

The valley teams are way overated

29-3A kicked a little booty...:wave:

way to Sharks...good job Apaches...Wooooo-Hoooo Gobblers...:cheerl: :cheerl:

footballgal
11-24-2007, 02:21 AM
I don't know what happened to the others, but PI had another bad game and minus our ace (Nolan Nunez) it makes it difficult to win. Have to bring your "A" game, against a team like Cuero.

Best wishes to the Gobblers on their state run!

See ya next year! :)

Old Green
11-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Congrats to the PI Tarpons on a great season:clap:

Good win Gobblers....Apaches..... & Sharks :clap:

JT44
11-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
I don't know what happened to the others, but PI had another bad game and minus our ace (Nolan Nunez) it makes it difficult to win. Have to bring your "A" game, against a team like Cuero.

See ya next year! :)

gobbler defense played without starting corner and starting weak safety only played offense

nunez's replacements ran pretty well, #21 had a few long ones

GreenMachine
11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by footballgal

See ya next year! :) PI had a bad game for a reason... and that reason was the boys' in Green and White!! :eek: Hope Nunez is OK. He wouldn't have made the difference though, Gobblers just too explosive :thumbsup:

footballgal
11-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JT44
gobbler defense played without starting corner and starting weak safety only played offense

nunez's replacements ran pretty well, #21 had a few long ones #21 Diego Garcia did a fine job, he will be one of our go guys next year, but IMO, not the MVP like Nunez. It was heart breaking to see him, so heart broken after coming out at half in crutches. He is such a compeitor with big heart, despite having a leg injury earlier this week. Yet he wouldn't sit out the game, and even after wobbling after a few plays, refused to get out. I just hated for him to go out that way, as I am sure he did.

But, yeah congrats to Dist 29!

Gobbla2001
11-24-2007, 09:51 AM
WTG, district 29... and congrats on great seasons 32 teams...

footballgal
11-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
PI had a bad game for a reason... and that reason was the boys' in Green and White!! :eek: Hope Nunez is OK. He wouldn't have made the difference though, Gobblers just too explosive :thumbsup:
Yeap that was one reason, but unfourtunaly that has been the team's characteristic this year. IMO Nunez would have made a difference at least on PI offensive side, he was the leader of the team by action and the team had been riding on his back all the season. Pulled out a couple of wins almost single handedly and lost a few because of him not in there. I won't say why else without sounding like I am raggin on the boys in blue, so I won't. Although, I do have hopes next year with the '08 edition and a better matchup next year with the Gobblers.

And yes, Gobblers have an explosive offense, that will take the Gobblers on a long ride and maybe even to the state championship game.

Gontex
11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I think the Gobblers have a little something to say about teams having bad games against them. It is difficult to have a good game against a great team. Congrats Gobblers. Hope you win state.

JT44
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
I think the Gobblers have a little something to say about teams having bad games against them. It is difficult to have a good game against a great team. Congrats Gobblers. Hope you win state.

Gonzales should win if they face Bandera, I don't know much about Pleasonton. But watch out b/c in the distance is LH!

Old Green
11-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Gonzales should win if they face Bandera, I don't know much about Pleasonton. But watch out b/c in the distance is LH! Pleasanton has a do everything Qb, Niko Salinas. He's rushed for 1141 yds
passed for 1623 yds. - 105 comp. - 183 att- 5 int- 11 tds.

His leading reciever is Benevidas 49 rec- 729 yds.- 14.9 avg- 5 tds

JT44
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
The good thing about Gonzales going far in the playoffs is that they won't be so far ahead of us during basketball,

here's to both programs starting basketball after christmas!

Sorry palacios, you will start earlier if you run into the gobblers

Gontex
11-24-2007, 02:41 PM
The round ball is already bouncing in Gonzales. Coach Dalbert is playing his schedule with players who were going to be on the under teams. I think he is building a lot of depth into his program by letting guys play and develop now. It's kind of like Cuero does in football every year. When you get to practice 4-5 weeks extra every year, it helps to develop those other guys into players.

JT44
11-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
The round ball is already bouncing in Gonzales. Coach Dalbert is playing his schedule with players who were going to be on the under teams. I think he is building a lot of depth into his program by letting guys play and develop now. It's kind of like Cuero does in football every year. When you get to practice 4-5 weeks extra every year, it helps to develop those other guys into players.

I think you guys only lost one or 2 seniors off of last years team, I know the hastings boys, cardoza, and laredo play football, and a few others. What about John Scott, does he play football too?. I've seen those guys play basketball ever since 7th grade since I've followed this group of Cuero seniors he's (Scott) probably progressed the most in his skills.

Cuero bouncing theirs too, but not as much depth around here.

Gontex
11-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Boy I wish. That John Scott could have been one hellacious tailback, Great speed, fantastic body control and all those good things. Right now, John is playing with quite a few other basketball only players. Coach D told me he had six starters still playing football. I thought he could only have five, but I will trust his judgement.

gtown
11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Three Hastings, Laredo, Cardoza and what about Burton? He plays bb too.

Gontex
11-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gtown
Three Hastings, Laredo, Cardoza and what about Burton? He plays bb too.
Hey Gtown, I do believe you are right. Just a sophomore isn't he?