View Full Version : Seminole 49 Anthony 12 Final

westtexasfbfan
11-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Next week Seminole vs. Vernon

Snyder_TigerFan
11-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
Next week Seminole vs. Vernon

Should be a relatively easy stroll to the Region I finals.

westtexasfbfan
11-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I hope Seminole wins next week, but I think Vernon will be too tough for them. Seminole will get an eye-opener next week. The last time Seminole played an opponent that could be compared to Vernon, they lost. It was against Canyon. Anyway, . . . I hope they play somewhere around West Texas. Big Spring would be a good play to play. Hopefully it won't be in Lubbock.

westtxfballfan
11-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Ha! Seminole will get an eye-opener, alright. They could play in Seminole and this will be a 40 point Vernon victory. A good example of too many teams in the playoffs, too small districts (so everyone gets in), and teams that aren't worthy of a third round playoff game.

STANG RED
11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
I hope Seminole wins next week, but I think Vernon will be too tough for them. Seminole will get an eye-opener next week. The last time Seminole played an opponent that could be compared to Vernon, they lost. It was against Canyon. Anyway, . . . I hope they play somewhere around West Texas. Big Spring would be a good play to play. Hopefully it won't be in Lubbock.

I hope they play at Mustang Bowl myself, but the smart money would bet on Lubbock's Lowry Field.

westtexasfbfan
11-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Ha! Seminole will get an eye-opener, alright. They could play in Seminole and this will be a 40 point Vernon victory. A good example of too many teams in the playoffs, too small districts (so everyone gets in), and teams that aren't worthy of a third round playoff game.

Your right! That El Paso district is too easy. Monahans showed that today in Midland. Look what Snyder did to them. And now Seminole rips Anthony. I bet Lamesa could have beaten Anthony tonight. Nothing against Seminole, but they got an easy ride to the next game. And because of the mistakes Greenwood made last week, Seminole has received two early Christmas presents, but Santa will not come next week for them. Vernon by 30 + points in any place!

westtexasfbfan
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hope they play at Mustang Bowl myself, but the smart money would bet on Lubbock's Lowry Field.

It won't be at the Mustang bowl. That's too close for Vernon. Besides the Mustang bowl isn't all that. I saw Greenwood play Vernon there last year. Maybe it isn't the field, it could just be the town.

westtxfballfan
11-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Your right! That El Paso district is too easy. Monahans showed that today in Midland. Look what Snyder did to them. And now Seminole rips Anthony. I bet Lamesa could have beaten Anthony tonight. Nothing against Seminole, but they got an easy ride to the next game. And because of the mistakes Greenwood made last week, Seminole has received two early Christmas presents, but Santa will not come next week for them. Vernon by 30 + points in any place!

Not sure Lamesa could beat Grady's six, but I agree that Seminole's gonna get whacked, Soprano's style.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:23 AM
congrats Anthony. You should haven't been there with your enrollment but you were(OC Theory). Be proud!

VERNONLION#1
11-24-2007, 12:32 AM
It won't be at the Mustang bowl. That's too close for Vernon. Besides the Mustang bowl isn't all that. I saw Greenwood play Vernon there last year. Maybe it isn't the field, it could just be the town.
The reports we are getting is the game will be in Sweetwater. No time or what day yet.

STANG RED
11-24-2007, 12:46 AM

Or maybe your just a moron! And your opinion means squat. Vernon is 2 1/2 hours from Sweetwater, and Seminole isnt much farther. Perhaps you should learn the geography of the state you live in a little better.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Vernon's coach likes to play in Sweetwater.

DU_stud04
11-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Vernon's coach likes to play in Sweetwater. just think if anthony would have won? whats mid point.... somwhere in new mexico?

610 miles from anthony to vernon.

midland looks midpoint now looking at it.... and thats a good 300 mile trip for both folks

gobbler grad
11-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
congrats Anthony. You should haven't been there with your enrollment but you were(OC Theory). Be proud!

one game and their gone...:(

STANG RED
11-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
just think if anthony would have won? whats mid point.... somwhere in new mexico?

610 miles from anthony to vernon.

midland looks midpoint now looking at it.... and thats a good 300 mile trip for both folks

My guess would have been Ratliff, or possibly Monahans or even Pecos.

DU_stud04
11-24-2007, 01:13 AM
It won't be at the Mustang bowl. That's too close for Vernon. Besides the Mustang bowl isn't all that. I saw Greenwood play Vernon there last year. Maybe it isn't the field, it could just be the town. its 151 for seminole to sweetwater.... its about 167 to sweetwater from vernon....

fury900
11-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Sweetwater sat. dec 1 no time kvwc

VERNONLION#1
11-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Is that confirmed Fury. KVWC not on air right now?