PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie vs Burkburnett ???

Roll'em up
11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Anybody Updating?

IHStangFan
11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
something must be up w/ TSRN's broadcast.....here is a play by play...(not audio) that updates every 45 seconds:

http://gofridaynight.reporternews.com/playbyplay/wylie.cfm

Roll'em up
11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Thank you.

IHStangFan
11-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
Thank you. youre welcome amigo.

injuredinmelee
11-23-2007, 09:32 PM
i cant get the link to connect on the tsrn site

Roll'em up
11-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Wylie up 7 to 6 at the half.

BDB
11-23-2007, 09:34 PM
half time ....Wylie 7 - burk 6

Dominicfrank
11-23-2007, 09:37 PM
wylie 7-6 start of second half, Burk to recieve

DU_stud04
11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
i was listening to this game on the way home from lubbock....some of the worst announcers ever. why do announcers have to be so homer? it got annoying. i think it was 98.1? something like that if your in the listening area

RedWhiteBlue
11-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I know I don't where they find those guys..... I think they just pull them in off the streets! You would think Wylie could find someone with some real professionalism for their listening audience to listen to. I tried to listen to them while driving in to Graham from Abilene and I just had to turn them off and read the updates when I got home......

injuredinmelee
11-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I know I don't where they find those guys..... I think they just pull them in off the streets! You would think Wylie could find someone with some real professionalism for their listening audience to listen to. I tried to listen to them while driving in to Graham from Abilene and I just had to turn them off and read the updates when I got home......

if you knew guys personally you would understand what it is all about. GREAT guys who do what they do for the love of the kids and Wylie ISD

BDB
11-23-2007, 10:11 PM
WHS 14....BHS 6

Snyder_TigerFan
11-23-2007, 10:25 PM

I like Trace, but don't care for the other guy (mainly cause it seemed he used to throw in at least one negative comment towards Snyder per broadcast). But all in all, I think they do a good job.

BDB
11-23-2007, 10:27 PM
end of 3rd Qt. Wylie 14 Burk 6

BDB
11-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Wylie 21 Burk 6

RedWhiteBlue
11-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I like Trace, but don't care for the other guy (mainly cause it seemed he used to throw in at least one negative comment towards Snyder per broadcast). But all in all, I think they do a good job.
Yep, he does the same thing about Graham.....

BDB
11-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Wylie 28 Burk 6

BDB
11-23-2007, 10:47 PM
His kids went to Wylie

STANG RED
11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan

Agreed! That main announcer (Trace I guess) seems pretty good. But that other smart___ has no business being on a broadcast. He is just plain annoying as hell. Seems to be the small man with a big mouth type to me. Bet he's not so big mouthed face to face, as he is hiding behind that microphone. Kinda like some posters on here sometime.:D

BDB
11-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Final Wylie 28 Burk 6

thewyliefan
11-24-2007, 01:14 AM
anyone know who and where the next game is

Scrambler
11-24-2007, 01:41 AM
Next week's game TBA after the Ft. Stockton vs. Andrews game that starts at 2:00 pm on Saturday.

STANG RED
11-24-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Scrambler
Next week's game TBA after the Ft. Stockton vs. Andrews game that starts at 2:00 pm on Saturday.

Wow. Wylie can send their freshman team to play this winner, and it still should be a cakewalk. Wylie by 40+, and I'm just talking about the 1st half.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:58 AM
Abilene Wylie 28, Burkburnett 6
November 23, 2007 11:27 PM

Zach Duncan
Times Record News

Click Here for Story (http://blogs.scripps.com/trn/1standtrn/2007/11/abilene_wylie_28_burkburnett_6.html#more)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 02:00 AM
GREAT defense from Wylie. Congrats to Burk for a great run this year.

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Wow. Wylie can send their freshman team to play this winner, and it still should be a cakewalk. Wylie by 40+, and I'm just talking about the 1st half.

glad we have no Ft. Stockton or Andrews posters, that would bruise they're spirits..lol

nobogey72
11-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Agreed! That main announcer (Trace I guess) seems pretty good. But that other smart___ has no business being on a broadcast. He is just plain annoying as hell. Seems to be the small man with a big mouth type to me. Bet he's not so big mouthed face to face, as he is hiding behind that microphone. Kinda like some posters on here sometime.:D

hey Stangred,

I'm assuming that you live in Sweetwater which is only 35 miles from Abilene. I will pay you $100.00 to meet me at the truck stop in Merkel tomorrow, and you can find out if I have the little man with big mouth complex and how the face to face deal might work out for you. Just pm me with the time that you will be there. How big an ol boy are you..... I need to know so I'll know how long it will take so I can tell my wife when I'll be home.

Sincerely,

nobogey72
11-24-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i was listening to this game on the way home from lubbock....some of the worst announcers ever. why do announcers have to be so homer? it got annoying. i think it was 98.1? something like that if your in the listening area

Hey Du Stud,

The reason it is so "HOMER" is because it is a WYLIE broadcast, it is not supposed to be unbiased. We never even try to be biased. So, therefore, KMA.... in fact... KM purple and gold A!
Oh, and good luck in basketball next week.

football4life
11-24-2007, 03:09 AM
haha! awesome

thewyliefan
11-24-2007, 03:18 AM
ive always enjoyed the broadcast from the wylie crew haha. no complaints here

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hey Du Stud,

The reason it is so "HOMER" is because it is a WYLIE broadcast, it is not supposed to be unbiased. We never even try to be biased. So, therefore, KMA.... in fact... KM purple and gold A!

get off your high horse buddy, your sounding like some of the high school posters on here " how big an ol boy are yah?" "good luck in basketball next week"

grow up man quit acting like a 13 year old.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blowfish
11-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Just so you know... I hear people gripe about our annoucers being homers all the time. These guys dont work for ESPN, ABC, or CBS. The "little" man you refer to has more than just had kids that went to Wylie. He has been a great mentor, friend, and coach to many Wylie atheletes over the years. This man is very well respected in the community. I am only sorry that I cant hear the guys when we are out of town. Listen to a broadcast sometime and you might hear a personal story about one of the kids that you never would have known if they had not of shared it on the air. .

JR2004
11-24-2007, 04:08 AM
hey Stangred,

I'm assuming that you live in Sweetwater which is only 35 miles from Abilene. I will pay you $100.00 to meet me at the truck stop in Merkel tomorrow, and you can find out if I have the little man with big mouth complex and how the face to face deal might work out for you. Just pm me with the time that you will be there. How big an ol boy are you..... I need to know so I'll know how long it will take so I can tell my wife when I'll be home.

Sincerely,

Well you just helped him make his point. Congratulations.

JR2004
11-24-2007, 04:11 AM
Hey Du Stud,

WOW...What are you five?

DU_stud04
11-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey Du Stud,

Oh, and good luck in basketball next week. :confused: :confused: :confused: my team is still in the playoffs

garciap77
11-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:confused: :confused: :confused: my team is still in the playoffs

Who is your team?:confused: :confused: :confused:

DaHop72
11-24-2007, 09:31 AM
hey Stangred,

Sincerely, Wow, I don't know how big of an old boy you are but I can attest that Stang Red is for sure. You sure have let a football message board get you all "booty hurt" as another poster on has said.

DU_stud04
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who is your team?:confused: :confused: :confused: my team is the best ever :D everyone here is a fan of my team

Snyder_TigerFan
11-24-2007, 09:44 AM
hey Stangred,

Sincerely,

Well, that sure sheds a new light on your posts. :rolleyes:

STANG RED
11-24-2007, 09:51 AM
hey Stangred,

Sincerely,

LOL, you dont even have a clue buddy. Besides, I wouldnt walk across the street for $100.00.
But hey if your man enough, I'm real easy to find and most people over here know me. Do yourself a huge favor first and ask around a little, before your mouth overloads your butt.

GreenMonster
11-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
if you knew guys personally you would understand what it is all about. GREAT guys who do what they do for the love of the kids and Wylie ISD AMEN brotha! I think that if the Wylie boosters (or whoever's boosters) are paying for the air-time then the announcers should be pro-Wylie. This isn't Monday Night Football guys, you shouldn't expect Jaws in the booth. I like to hear the anouncers get excited when the HOME team makes a good play. It makes me feel like I'm at the game in the middle of the stands. If the HOME team isn't my team then I think of myself sitting in the stands on the wrong side (KTA style).

michaelp23
11-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Wylie overcame some big mistakes early to pull this one out. Two turnovers in the first quarter helped Burk set up their one scoring drive. The regular starting center for Wylie was out injured this week. The back up center was overwhelmed to say the least. He was a senior 200 pound kid without much game experience going up against a nosegaurd that weighed at least 300 and was pretty quick. He had the poor kid flustered the whole game. The two first quarter turnovers were a fumbled snap and an interception by that nosegaurd on a screen play. There were several other errant shotgun snaps throughout the game that Wallace was able to recover "Tony Romo" style. Word is the starting center will be back next week.

This was one of the sloppier games Wylie has played all year, but it was good to see them come away with a convincing victory. Once again the defense played an excellent game. Things start to get exciting from here on out!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
AMEN brotha! I think that if the Wylie boosters (or whoever's boosters) are paying for the air-time then the announcers should be pro-Wylie. This isn't Monday Night Football guys, you shouldn't expect Jaws in the booth. I like to hear the anouncers get excited when the HOME team makes a good play. It makes me feel like I'm at the game in the middle of the stands. If the HOME team isn't my team then I think of myself sitting in the stands on the wrong side (KTA style).

Like I said, I think they do a good job and I understand the homerism. I just don't like the negative jabs that he throws at other teams (and communities) when it doesn't have anything to do with the team they are playing.

garciap77
11-24-2007, 10:41 AM

Stang Red, I don't think Wylie will go into this game thinking that. If they do it could be our last game.:( :( :(

michaelp23
11-24-2007, 10:51 AM
There are plenty of Wylie people who think our color anylist is an idiot. Trace, the play by play guy is fine, but the color guy is horrible. It's embarassing to us that he "represents" Wylie to many people who listen to the broadcast on the internet, especially as Wylie makes it into the late rounds of the playoffs. There has been talk of how we migh get him replaced. But he's a big Wylie supporter and has been around forever.......:mad:

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23
There are plenty of Wylie people who think our color anylist is an idiot. Trace, the play by play guy is fine, but the color guy is horrible. It's embarassing to us that he "represents" Wylie to many people who listen to the broadcast on the internet, especially as Wylie makes it into the late rounds of the playoffs. There has been talk of how we migh get him replaced. But he's a big Wylie supporter and has been around forever.......:mad:

good luck with that.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 11:03 AM
hey Stangred,

Sincerely,

This post is ridiculous. nobogey72 you should be ashamed for putting something like this up.

nobogey72
11-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well you just helped him make his point. Congratulations.

Dang, I thought the RD Mercer deal about "how big an ol boy are you" would be funny. I guess my attempt at humor got lost on the Sweetwater guys. Sorry, I didn't think anyone would take that comment seriously. OH, WELL.....

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Dang, I thought the RD Mercer deal about "how big an ol boy are you" would be funny. I guess my attempt at humor got lost on the Sweetwater guys. Sorry, I didn't think anyone would take that comment seriously. OH, WELL.....

I did catch that--was unaware that was where you were going. My bad.

Butkus
11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Dang, I thought the RD Mercer deal about "how big an ol boy are you" would be funny. I guess my attempt at humor got lost on the Sweetwater guys. Sorry, I didn't think anyone would take that comment seriously. OH, WELL..... Ifin u hada left out tha hunurd dollar bet people mighta got it.:p

garciap77
11-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Wylie overcame some big mistakes early to pull this one out. Two turnovers in the first quarter helped Burk set up their one scoring drive. The regular starting center for Wylie was out injured this week. The back up center was overwhelmed to say the least. He was a senior 200 pound kid without much game experience going up against a nosegaurd that weighed at least 300 and was pretty quick. He had the poor kid flustered the whole game. The two first quarter turnovers were a fumbled snap and an interception by that nosegaurd on a screen play. There were several other errant shotgun snaps throughout the game that Wallace was able to recover "Tony Romo" style. Word is the starting center will be back next week.

This was one of the sloppier games Wylie has played all year, but it was good to see them come away with a convincing victory. Once again the defense played an excellent game. Things start to get exciting from here on out!

The center did an excellent job. That number 70 was big and fast!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4132.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4277.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4132.jpg

michaelp23
11-24-2007, 12:46 PM
That he was....

thewyliefan
11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
i think the starting center (taylor massey) i supposed to be back this next week. last time i talked to him 2 weeks ago he said he was going to be out for 2 weeks. but the back up center (clay reedy) looked like he actually handled his own w/ that big boy, im truely impressed.

slingshot
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Burk's noseguard (#70) gave us fits all night... well at least until the 4th quarter when he got tired and started to stand up coming off the ball--before that when he came in low and strong there was no one lineman on our team that could handle him. Hats off--that kid was good! He definitely was the best we've faced and should play at the next level.

RedWhiteBlue
11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Dang and here I was at the Merkel truck stop ready to beat your "bleep"!!! Where were you 'big boy'? Hanging out at the adult book store? (oh yeah, it's closed now....)
:inlove:

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Dang and here I was at the Merkel truck stop ready to beat your "bleep"!!! Where were you 'big boy'? Hanging out at the adult book store? (oh yeah, it's closed now....)
:inlove:

how do you know its closed? Get your money back on your frequent buyers card?

garciap77
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
11-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i have missed more games this year than I have the last 10 combined and i hate it.

Roll'em up
11-24-2007, 05:15 PM
The #70 from Burkburnett, his last name is Barnes and I believe he is only a Sophomore.