PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Vernon Updates?

SWMustang
11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
ANyone got 'em?

Ranger Mom
11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
ANyone got 'em?

StangGirl2007 is supposed to be updating me. The only thing I have gotten from her so far is that she is so cold she can't feel her body!

its_n_D_water
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Vernon 3
Sweetwater 0
:03 left in 1st qrt

SWMustang
good football weather - any webcasts you know of?

wildstangs
MY friend is texting me.....Vernon 3 Swater 0 after 1 quarter.

SWMustang
11-23-2007, 05:24 PM
sweet - thanks!

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-23-2007, 05:29 PM
this sounds really familiar like when we played them in lubbock in the two hour game

Ranger Mom
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by SwtwtrMstngs04
this sounds really familiar like when we played them in lubbock in the two hour game

Was that when the final was 6-3??

I went to that one!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-23-2007, 05:32 PM
GO VERNON!!!!

Who-dun-it!!?
11-23-2007, 05:33 PM
no wait, GO SWEETWATER!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildstangs
11-23-2007, 05:39 PM
10-0 Vernon...Still in 2nd Quarter.

its_n_D_water
11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Vernon 10
Sweetwater 0
4:30 left in half

Ranger Mom
11-23-2007, 05:40 PM
10 - 0 Vernon

No idea about the time!

mistanice
11-23-2007, 05:42 PM
so who's the favorite in this one?

its_n_D_water
11-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Vernon....is favored by alittle

SWMustang
11-23-2007, 05:52 PM
halftime?

wildstangs
11-23-2007, 06:28 PM
10-7 in the third

wildstangs
11-23-2007, 06:38 PM
18-7 Vernon in the third.

txgyrl4life
11-23-2007, 06:47 PM
18-7, 8:30 left in 4th

txgyrl4life
11-23-2007, 06:52 PM
18-7 5:20 left to play, vernon ball

txgyrl4life
11-23-2007, 07:00 PM
25-7, 2:07 left in the game.

txgyrl4life
11-23-2007, 07:02 PM
sweetwater fumble, 1:54 left, vernon ball

wildstangs
11-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Congrats to Vernon. Sweetwater was definitely rebuilding this year. Not bad when you can make it to round two.

its_n_D_water
11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Final
Vernon 25
Sweetwater 7
Congrats Vernon......Best of luck the rest of season....
Good season Mustangs....

Scholar
11-23-2007, 07:37 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6857/basketball7pkli5.gif

VWG
11-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Congrats to Vernon. Sweetwater was definitely rebuilding this year. Not bad when you can make it to round two.

I agree. Vernon is loaded this year and they are a very good team. Better than last year's team that was a RI champion.
Sweetwater has something to look forward to.

wildstangs
11-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6857/basketball7pkli5.gif

Gotta admit - That is pretty funny.

Dominicfrank
11-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Sweetwater came to play for sure, this was a close game most of the way. They had a real nice drive to start the third quater when they scored their only TD. Vernon's D was impressive against the one thing they are not good at stopping which is the run. SW had less than 200 total yards in the game. Vernon ran the ball well but SW stopped our top back Ray Daniels all night, problem was Murray had over 100 yards in his place.

Stownhorse
11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Sweetwater came to play for sure, this was a close game most of the way. They had a real nice drive to start the third quater when they scored their only TD. Vernon's D was impressive against the one thing they are not good at stopping which is the run. SW had less than 200 total yards in the game. Vernon ran the ball well but SW stopped our top back Ray Daniels all night, problem was Murray had over 100 yards in his place.

Dude its not hard to stop our run if you have a decent line. This year our backs had trouble finding lanes thanks to the weak blocking.

Good game and season to both, good luck Vernon. I'll be attending the Snyder game, might be the 1st time I root for Snyder. :devil:

STANG RED
11-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I agree. Vernon is loaded this year and they are a very good team. Better than last year's team that was a RI champion.
Sweetwater has something to look forward to.

I beg to differ. Last years Vernon team was way way better than this one. They were certainly the better team on the field tonight, which didnt surprise me at all, but they most certainly are not nearly as good as last years team! Swater played with lots of underclassman this year and stayed very close till the 4th quarter, with probably 1/2 the talent we had last year when we got blown out by that Vernon team. This Vernon team is very good, but is very soft up the middle on D. Last years Lions werent soft anywhere on either side of the ball, and their offense last year was much better than this one.

Now to the game. Make no mistake, Vernon was the better team and certainly should have won, but Sweetwater had some chances, and if not for our typical pitiful offensive scheme and play calling, this could have been a much closer game. Had we gotten the score to 18-14 when we had the chance, no telling what would have happened from there. We had all the momentum after scoring that TD, but Vernon did a good job of coming back out and taking the momentum back, and our boys just never could get it back again. The one area where we were having a lot of success was running right up the gut the whole game, but instead of just keeping on pounding it, we would try to go outside and the Lions D was completely selling out to stop that from happening, and was doing a great job of doing so. Probelm was, we never made them pay the price for selling out. They would leave the backside completely uncovered every time, but we didnt once run a reverse or throw a backside screen or anything at all to expose it. But our offensive play calling was typical of what I have been seeing for years and years, so to expect a sudden injection of offensive imagination would have been way too much to ask for now.
At least we have lots of returning starters coming back next year, and we had lots of success at the jr. high level this year as well. So I expect we have solid football teams for several years to come. All we need now is a good offensive mind or two on the coaching staff, and we just might be able to go a little deeper in another year or two......... But I'm not betting the farm on it.:(
Anyway, congrats to the Vernon Lions! You are a class act and a fine football program. Best of luck in the weeks to come! Next week should be a breeze, but it'll get a lot tougher after that.

DU_stud04
11-23-2007, 10:49 PM
vernons first drive took the whole first quarter.

Dominicfrank
11-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I also think last years team was better but we are defintley stronger at QB and we seem to have more options running the ball but last yewars D was far better tahn this years version. I dont see how vernon beats Celina this year but I still want to see them try. Looks like a Graham rematch if Graham can take care of business, they have a tougher road starting tomorrow. I also havent heard for sure but next year could be a tough year for Vernon.

STANG RED
11-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
I also think last years team was better but we are defintley stronger at QB and we seem to have more options running the ball but last yewars D was far better tahn this years version. I dont see how vernon beats Celina this year but I still want to see them try. Looks like a Graham rematch if Graham can take care of business, they have a tougher road starting tomorrow. I also havent heard for sure but next year could be a tough year for Vernon.

Yeah this years QB may be a bit better than last years, but not by much. That kid last year was pretty dang good. All in all though, I really think last years Lions were far supirior to this years. Granted I only saw one game, and it was in fridged conditions, but from what I saw, I'd pick last years team by a good 20+ points over this one.

sweetwater07
11-23-2007, 11:44 PM
can't believe i drove to Lubbock to watch this sorry excuse for a football game...lol:D

VERNONLION#1
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
can't believe i drove to Lubbock to watch this sorry excuse for a football game...lol:D
Crow time buddy!!!!!!!!

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Crow time buddy!!!!!!!!

i very well could be wrong, but i believe i betted against my team

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Crow time buddy!!!!!!!!

31-21
Vernon

there you go buddy

VERNONLION#1
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
So is Jackson done in Sweetwater?

its_n_D_water
11-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Good question........I dunno.....He has done a good job so far. Alot of people question his play calling and choice of offense.

bigron15
11-24-2007, 01:04 AM
no because he is a "community" man. not a good coach at all. if i had the power..he would have been gone after last year. not getting past the 2nd round with all the tallent that he had..pfff

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
no because he is a "community" man. not a good coach at all. if i had the power..he would have been gone after last year. not getting past the 2nd round with all the tallent that he had..pfff

amen....someone find some for sale signs and post them in his front yard Friday Night Lights style

DU_stud04
11-24-2007, 01:17 AM
So is Jackson done in Sweetwater? i saw 5 for sale signs infront of his house when i passed by.

no not really. but it wouldnt surprise me after this post if someone did it. hahaha

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:24 AM
My 2 cents...

Last year Vernon had a great team. We relied heavily on the running ability of Whiteside throughout the playoffs. He was a very good player but we had virtually no passing game. This year we do not have the dominate player that Whiteside was but we have a passing game. I do miss having Whiteside but I think the ability of having a duel threat QB is even more important especially when we play a team like Celina or Graham that has a dominate defense. As good as Whiteside was we could not run the ball effectively against Celina. Williams (QB) gives us the opportunity to throw the football and you just can't stack up against s or you will get beat deep with the pass. Murray today made a great catch on a ball for a TD that showed how effective the pass is for Vernon.

Vernon has had trouble giving up runs in the middle. Tonight they virtually stopped that except for 1 drive where Sweetwater killed us up the middle.

That one drive in the 3rd quarter was all that Sweetwater had all night. The Mustangs did not have a passing game at all. They also seemed small. They did posses speed which was evident as they caught Craig Whiteside from the back as he broke a long run. The Mustangs did have talent and like some posters mentioned a lot of it will be back next year.

The Vernon defense looked solid tonight.

Overall I think Vernon has a better team this year over last year. Those Sweetwater players or fans that remember last year, we had a great well let me say perfect game last year against Swetwater. It would be hard to top last years game. This years team overall I think is better than last years. But only time will tell and we have another game next week to see.

bigron15
11-24-2007, 01:31 AM
amen....someone find some for sale signs and post them in his front yard Friday Night Lights style

it has happened before..no lie. he has had some for sale signs in his lawn before. i would like to see that house up for sale and a u-haul in front of his house by next football season

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
it has happened before..no lie. he has had some for sale signs in his lawn before. i would like to see that house up for sale and a u-haul in front of his house by next football season

He is a good coach. It would be a shame to see him go. I think he has class and Sweetwater always scares me. I know that they have great teams every year.

stangGirl2007
11-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
10 - 0 Vernon

No idea about the time!

Sorry about the crappy updates!!! I was having a multitude of problems.:rolleyes:

:p

sweetwater07
11-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
He is a good coach. It would be a shame to see him go. I think he has class and Sweetwater always scares me. I know that they have great teams every year.

those teams are good with sorry coaching, imagine how "scary" sweetwater would be with a coach who could make decent playcalls. i only saw one pass all night, we ran up the middle almost every other play even when down by 11 points and 8 mins left in the game..........bye bye Jackson!!!!

all in all i wan't impressed with either team tonight, Vernon simply made better playcalls and executed better than we did, and they're QB is very versatile. ohh and that play where that receiver went deep and burned every swater player was siiiiiiiiick!!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Abilene Reporter news game summary

Click Here (http://reporternews.com/news/2007/nov/24/no-headline---sweetwaterfootball/)

Vernon's defense looked much better today. We did give up that one long drive to open the 3rd quarter but that was it all game long.

We have given up tons of yards up the middle and I wasn't surprised to see the Mustangs running there. We did a good job of shutting that down in the first half but the Mustangs exposed that to start the third. But the drives took too long and the Lion offense kept scoring points.

BTW: The game lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes.