PDA

View Full Version : Just in A&M . . .

BobcatBenny
11-23-2007, 01:39 PM
will be firing another coach in a few years because they think they have some sort of right to be National Champions.

I have to applaud A&M and its fans for their burning desire to be the best, but I just do not think it is realistic.

A&M expects a coach and his program to fit into A&M and the traditions and expectations to which A&M fans have dancing around in their brains.

Personally, I think it was A&M that ruined Franchione's program, not Franchione ruining A&M's program.

Until A&M and its fans can embrace a coach and his program and wrap themselves and their traditions around the program, instead of forcing a coach and program to fit its mold, A&M will continue to chew up coaches and spit them out.

Sloakum was able to get close to meeting expectations with his program but could not get the boring out of the offense. Truth is boring permiates A&M's boosters, fans, game atmosphere, traditions and ability to enjoy a fine season win or lose.

Holy moly, could you imagine how A&M fans would have chewed Pete Carroll and his program up for their performance this season? Two losses?

Just Opinion and observation, so don't get too worked up. So, before your hands hit the keyboard to flame me for my pathetic outsider view of A&M, just reach into your pocket and give yourself the Aggie Squeeze. Maybe it will bring you the pleasure and ecstasy a new coach never will. :D :rolleyes: :eek: :p

Old Tiger
11-23-2007, 01:44 PM
benny, ol g$$ is goin to tear you a new one if I aint ever seen a new one tore.

mistanice
11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
just reach into your pocket and give yourself the Aggie Squeeze :eek:

Macarthur
11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
[B]will be firing another coach in a few years because they think they have some sort of right to be National Champions.

No they don't. They simply see that from the standpoint of resources, they should be able to compete with UT, OU, UF, etc. There's nothing wrong with that.

I have to applaud A&M and its fans for their burning desire to be the best, but I just do not think it is realistic.

Contradict yourself much?

A&M expects a coach and his program to fit into A&M and the traditions and expectations to which A&M fans have dancing around in their brains.

Personally, I think it was A&M that ruined Franchione's program, not Franchione ruining A&M's program.

Fran was given all the resources that any college HC could ask for.

Until A&M and its fans can embrace a coach and his program and wrap themselves and their traditions around the program, instead of forcing a coach and program to fit its mold, A&M will continue to chew up coaches and spit them out.

Again, silly. If Fran was winning, no one would care. It's simply that he isn't so the personality issues are magnified.

Sloakum was able to get close to meeting expectations with his program but could not get the boring out of the offense. Truth is boring permiates A&M's boosters, fans, game atmosphere, traditions and ability to enjoy a fine season win or lose.

So are the wishy washy UT fans the example they should follow?

Holy moly, could you imagine how A&M fans would have chewed Pete Carroll and his program up for their performance this season? Two losses?

Again, nonsense. IF Fran would have won a couple of NC and been in the mix every year, like Carroll, he would be a God and they probably would be paying him $10 million a year to try and keep someone from taking him.

Just Opinion and observation, so don't get too worked up. So, before your hands hit the keyboard to flame me for my pathetic outsider view of A&M, just reach into your pocket and give yourself the Aggie Squeeze. Maybe it will bring you the pleasure and ecstasy a new coach never will. :D :rolleyes: :eek: :p

This is the reason why so many Aggies (I'm not an Aggie, BTW) dislike UT fans. This entitlement mentality that you are the only one's in the state entitled to have expectations is nausiating.

88bobcats
11-23-2007, 03:17 PM
will be firing another coach in a few years because they think they have some sort of right to be National Champions.

Don't remember asking for your opinion, t-shirt fan.....

Budman007
11-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey Bobcat Benny, maybe the Aggies are replacing their coach because A&M strives for excellence and they've not gotten it from the current coach.

Also, sounds like you're an expert on the Aggie Squeeze. Guess you've had a lot of practice, huh?

Gig 'Em and beat the h*** outta t.u.!!!

BobcatBenny
11-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Hey Bobcat Benny, maybe the Aggies are replacing their coach because A&M strives for excellence and they've not gotten it from the current coach. . . .

Hmmm. . . let's see.

Do you think the A&M has a top 10 team? At least based on the talent they have on their team? Would that be a realistic estimation?

I do not think so.

Let me see, if I look at A&M's record this year, 3 of their 5 losses have come in games against 2 top 5 teams and 1 top 10 team.

Sure A&M has a good looking tight end, but realistically how many times would a great team get him the ball? . . . and A&M is not overwhelming talented. Very solid yes, but not overwhelmingly talented. Not great.

And A&M lost a game to Tech this year. Which is not really that surprising, is it? Tech's whole season is measured by that game. A&M probably should be disappointed with those losses to Tech over the years, but A&M just does not match up well with Tech's scheme. It is nearly impossible to match up well against everyone and all schemes.

If A&M wants to bash Franchione for any of the losses this year, the only one that might be legitimate is Miami. Complain away about that one.

Now, as I am typing this and about to run to the game tonight. A&M looks like it should win the game they care about most of all . . . and for the second year in a row.

Go ahead and grind this program up and spend the next four years letting a new coach try and get a new program's foundation laid.

We outsiders will get to have at least four years of lean A&M football seasons. . . in about two or three years after the transition we will get to start hearing the complaints . . . and in four or five years we get to do this all over again. :clap:

IHStangFan
11-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Hmmm. . . let's see.

Do you think the A&M has a top 10 team? At least based on the talent they have on their team? Would that be a realistic estimation?

I do not think so.

Let me see, if I look at A&M's record this year, 3 of their 5 losses have come in games against 2 top 5 teams and 1 top 10 team.

Sure A&M has a good looking tight end, but realistically how many times would a great team get him the ball? . . . and A&M is not overwhelming talented. Very solid yes, but not overwhelmingly talented. Not great.

And A&M lost a game to Tech this year. Which is not really that surprising, is it? Tech's whole season is measured by that game. A&M probably should be disappointed with those losses to Tech over the years, but A&M just does not match up well with Tech's scheme. It is nearly impossible to match up well against everyone and all schemes.

If A&M wants to bash Franchione for any of the losses this year, the only one that might be legitimate is Miami. Complain away about that one.

Now, as I am typing this and about to run to the game tonight. A&M looks like it should win the game they care about most of all . . . and for the second year in a row.

Go ahead and grind this program up and spend the next four years letting a new coach try and get a new program's foundation laid.

We outsiders will get to have at least four years of lean A&M football seasons. . . in about two or three years after the transition we will get to start hearing the complaints . . . and in four or five years we get to do this all over again. :clap: "the game they care about most of all" I like how UT fans like to point out that this game doesnt mean as much to them as it does us A&M fans....and if that makes you feel better....by all means go with it...but my advice would be that UT needs to approach EVERY game like they matter...or you'll continue to see teams like lowly A&M who doesn't have the talent to be a top 10 team put L's in the mighty, lofted NC caliber UT super team's W/L column. Try to enjoy the rest of your night knowing that your Horns just got knocked off by a team that doesn't deserve to be ranked. :)

g$$
11-23-2007, 08:23 PM

That's pathetic & sad coming obviously from someone who has no clue. I am watching A&M basketball right now - you know the NIT Championship in NY City. Then I am going to Randy Rogers. So not a lot of time.

But know this - you are dead wrong & sad. Take the loss & soak it in. VY is long gone & you are a joke. How's that taste?

You also can't spell which speaks to your education level. And squeeze this big boy. The Corps makes up about 2,000 out of almost 47K students. Again, you are clueless. You can & should win at Texas A&M. Good things are happening throughout the entire program. Look it up. See ya.

cropduster
11-23-2007, 08:31 PM
G$$, why do you get so angry when someone posts their opinion?

Its all good...the ags won...enjoy it.

g$$
11-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cropduster

Oh I will! Beverages on way & heading to RRB. I sure will have fun! Just hate idiots, that's all. I try to speak & post objectively. Some obviously do not. See ya buddy.

zebrablue2
11-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by cropduster

I will put in my opinion. good win for the ags.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by g$$
hate . Strong word man.

Originally posted by g$$
idiots,. Not nice, pretty immature.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-24-2007, 12:32 AM

You know, there is one thing that I agree with you, and that is that the alumni do seem to put a lot of pressure on the coaches and not let them do their job. The politics are comparable or worse than a small-town high school, but at the same time I think that a lot of them have the best of intentions and ultimately want to see our sports programs succeed, so I'm not really complaining.

What I do not agree with you on is that we don't have the talent to go out and win games. We have proven that several times this year and I stand by the fact that we do have the talent to go out and play with anyone when we actually do show up to play. Also, what is so wrong with wanting the best for the team that you support? You say it like it's a bad thing. We have some of the most loyal fans in the world and great tradition at our school, and they stand by our teams even when we're not doing well. Winning may not always be in Aggieland, but loyalty is. Continually striving for excellence isn't a bad thing, and instead of sitting back and mocking it, you should look for it in your own team. In all honesty, I think this is just your way of trying to down the Aggies, because everyone who is a loyal fan to some team does just that.

Oh yeah, and there are two things that I agree with you on after re-reading your posts, that truly was a pathetic outsider view of A&M.

BobcatBenny
11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Oh I will! Beverages on way & heading to RRB. I sure will have fun! Just hate idiots, that's all. I try to speak & post objectively. Some obviously do not. See ya buddy.
Well, five years ago the Aggies were the geniuses that fired RC and were crowing over the hiring of Franchione. :rolleyes:

So, I guess it is a new A&M tradition to make poor head coaching employment decisions? :D

What I love is the fact that in 5 years we will be having the same discussion and g$$ will be saying the same stupid stuff. :doh:

Keep on assuming g$$. :p

IHStangFan
11-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, five years ago the Aggies were the geniuses that fired RC and were crowing over the hiring of Franchione. :rolleyes:

So, I guess it is a new A&M tradition to make poor head coaching employment decisions? :D

What I love is the fact that in 5 years we will be having the same discussion and g$$ will be saying the same stupid stuff. :doh:

Keep on assuming g$$. :p :rolleyes: Aggie fan or not...it should be PAINFULLY obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that a change was needed. Fran has the talent to win...yet doesn't. Reminds me of a couple of years ago before Texas' national champ. year when the UT nation was calling for Brown's head because he "couldn't get the job done and win a title". VY gave him one..and now everything is good in Austin.....How long do you think that title is gonna appease the masses before they begin to call for his head again? Maybe a 3rd straight loss to the Ags might get that ball rolling. We'll have to see.

HippoBaseball05
11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
^
|
|
|
|
Hammer, meet nail.

zebrablue2
11-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:rolleyes: Aggie fan or not...it should be PAINFULLY obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that a change was needed. Fran has the talent to win...yet doesn't. Reminds me of a couple of years ago before Texas' national champ. year when the UT nation was calling for Brown's head because he "couldn't get the job done and win a title". VY gave him one..and now everything is good in Austin.....How long do you think that title is gonna appease the masses before they begin to call for his head again? Maybe a 3rd straight loss to the Ags might get that ball rolling. We'll have to see.

good post. you may be right. a 3rd straight loss to the ags will not sit well in austin.

BobcatBenny
11-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
. . . What I do not agree with you on is that we don't have the talent to go out and win games. We have proven that several times this year and I stand by the fact that we do have the talent to go out and play with anyone when we actually do show up to play. Also, what is so wrong with wanting the best for the team that you support? You say it like it's a bad thing. We have some of the most loyal fans in the world and great tradition at our school, and they stand by our teams even when we're not doing well. Winning may not always be in Aggieland, but loyalty is. Continually striving for excellence isn't a bad thing, and instead of sitting back and mocking it, you should look for it in your own team. In all honesty, I think this is just your way of trying to down the Aggies, because everyone who is a loyal fan to some team does just that.

Oh yeah, and there are two things that I agree with you on after re-reading your posts, that truly was a pathetic outsider view of A&M.
Well, if you re-read my posts you will find that I never said A&M wasn't talented. Just not one of the 10 most talented programs. Which I think is a fair assessment. A&M clearly has talented football athletes, some of the best, but I do not think the combination is overwhelmingly talented right now.

In my opinion and I hope in yours too, you should be proud of A&Ms coach, team and yourself. Hindsight would always show that there are things that could have been done better. And certainly A&M could have won any game this season, but outside of a few games I thought A&M certainly could be defeated as well.

Then A&M gets the Big XII North draw of KU and Missouri in a year that both teams are playing lights out. I personally never would have guessed that KU and Missouri would be playing for the #1 position in the polls tomorrow.

I would have liked to see your head coach get at least one more season. With the win today, he might have, but there is that bad judgment call of the secret news letter. Maybe that bad judgment really speaks volumes about Dennis Franchione's abilities to coach, but I think it was just a mistake.

And you certainly have a perspective that cannot be questioned by any of us pathetic outsiders. But in reality this board functions off of opinion, some good and some not so good. I don’t mind sticking my neck out because it is just sports talk and it does not matter. It is just sport.

And this is by no means apologetic. But, thanks for sharing your displeasure. That is what makes this board so much fun and why I post on it.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2007, 02:19 AM
Whoop! Hell to everyone else. It pays to be an AGGIE!

X Man
11-24-2007, 04:02 AM
What has all this got to do with 3A High School Football???? Come on guys, there are boards for college football discussion!!!

But then, I was sure happy to see UT get their butts handed to them by A&M! And yes, A&M can be National Champions. Do you think that is reserved for UT or LSU? HA!

g$$
11-24-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Strong word man.

Not nice, pretty immature.

No, dead-on accurate. I call a spade a spade always. Guy has no clue & never will either.

g$$
11-24-2007, 07:25 AM

Keep on assuming g$$. :p

Assuming what - your lack of facts or the inability to put thoughts together?

You are not worth my time. I don't care for stupid people. Someone like you is beyond help. What perspective do you have anyway? Not worth the effort.

But btw, where did you go to school (like college) besides nowhere? Just wondering oh mentally challenged one...stay in small-townville Celina. Your spelling & trouble putting thoughts together in a grammatically correct sentence says a lot. That one stop light matches your intellect. See ya.

GreenMachine
11-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You are not worth my time. I don't care for stupid people. Someone like you is beyond help. What perspective do you have anyway?

But btw, where did you go to school (like college) besides nowhere? Just wondering oh mentally challenged one...stay in small-townville Celina. Your spelling & trouble putting thoughts together in a grammatically correct sentence says a lot. That one stop light matches your intellect. See ya. :eek: :thinking:

RMAC
11-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You are not worth my time. I don't care for stupid people. Someone like you is beyond help. What perspective do you have anyway?

But btw, where did you go to school (like college) besides nowhere? Just wondering oh mentally challenged one...stay in small-townville Celina. Your spelling & trouble putting thoughts together in a grammatically correct sentence says a lot. That one stop light matches your intellect. See ya.

What is funny is that you're attacking, of all things, his grammar because you have nothing to say in return to his points. Not so much that he's right or wrong, but just that there's nothing you can say about it. ATM won, and last I checked, that's what you're supposed to do in a football game. And another thing; since when or where one went to college dictate one's intelligence? The fact that you could make the comparrison of one stop light in Celina to the man's intelligence speaks VOLUMES about your level of maturity. Yank your head out of your ___ and act like an adult. There's FAR MORE to life than football at any level, and the sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be.

g$$
11-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
What is funny is that you're attacking, of all things, his grammar because you have nothing to say in return to his points. Not so much that he's right or wrong, but just that there's nothing you can say about it. ATM won, and last I checked, that's what you're supposed to do in a football game. And another thing; since when or where one went to college dictate one's intelligence? The fact that you could make the comparrison of one stop light in Celina to the man's intelligence speaks VOLUMES about your level of maturity. Yank your head out of your ___ and act like an adult. There's FAR MORE to life than football at any level, and the sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be.

Don't come at me RMAC. Yes, A&M won, thanks for noticing. He took shots at me earlier. I responded then with examples of how & why he was wrong. I have plenty to say. The guy has no clue - but sometimes it is not worth the effort. Intelligence certainly does factor into what school(s) one can attend. It also shows when he says some of the things like he did in the initial post.

If you care to speak to me, do so. But don't question my intelligence or manhood or being an adult because of my response to an idiotic thread. It made no sense & I said so. It crossed the line of opinion too.

I have my priorities plenty in line. I have been helping care for a sick family member since Aug. 3rd, day & night. I have plenty of commitments & real-life things going on. I have plenty to worry about just like anybody else. Football & sports are an outlet. Who the heck are you - Dr. Phil? Mind your own business or talk to me one-on-one. OK?

BobcatBenny
11-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by X Man
What has all this got to do with 3A High School Football???? Come on guys, there are boards for college football discussion!!! . . .
Coach Franchione being on the hot seat and fired holds a lot of interest to 3A High School Football fans too.

I stirred the pot and got what I expected, the dregs came up from the bottom. :)

Congrats to coach Franchione and the team on another big win over Texas.

It will be ineresting to see where coach Franchione ends up.

Found this gem on espn.com:

Along the way, Franchione also provided a new punch line for an Aggie joke:

How do you screw up an Aggie funeral?

Don't die.

Gobbla2001
11-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I went to The Victoria College.... for a year and a half ha...

themsu97
11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
bottom line... is Fran never stayed around long enough to prove if he could finish what he started... apparently he could not... TCU is good more than likely because of Patterson... what is Alabama like now?
Fran was touted as the savior, true, but what has he done, now beat UT twice and get it handed to him in bowl games...
talent is there to compete on a national level, if not, how could it beat UT twice in a row... the offense that was played yesterday is an offense that would compete, but why now do you finally open up the playbook and let McGee be the weapon that he was yesterday... that very well could be a 10 win team on that field... but we will never know...
also throw in the website and Fran has tainted himself...
ATM under Slocum was just a win or two away from always being in the NC picture or even playing for one, so there was a change needed, Aggies wanted 11 wins a year not the normal 10, they have not come close to that under Fran...
and Benny, if it is because of talent, well then whose job is it to recruit the talent? Fran...
top talent would line up to play at ATM if Spurrier were to be the man here, count on that...
maybe you should re read your own posts and insert answers...most of the problems are caused by Fran...
obviously I did not go to ATM but my brother is a grad and a big time booster and he never wanted Fran... but since I have been coaching I find it hard to share an allegiance with any college since so many of my former students attend so many different colleges you want to pull for them...
but Fran made his own bed there...

themsu97
11-24-2007, 11:12 AM
usually you have to be at the bottom to dreg up what is there... that quote right there shows how classless some people can be to go along with bitter...

Butkus
11-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Don't come at me RMAC. Yes, A&M won, thanks for noticing. He took shots at me earlier. I responded then with examples of how & why he was wrong. I have plenty to say. The guy has no clue - but sometimes it is not worth the effort. Intelligence certainly does factor into what school(s) one can attend. It also shows when he says some of the things like he did in the initial post.

If you care to speak to me, do so. But don't question my intelligence or manhood or being an adult because of my response to an idiotic thread. It made no sense & I said so. It crossed the line of opinion too.

I have my priorities plenty in line. I have been helping care for a sick family member since Aug. 3rd, day & night. I have plenty of commitments & real-life things going on. I have plenty to worry about just like anybody else. Football & sports are an outlet. Who the heck are you - Dr. Phil? Mind your own business or talk to me one-on-one. OK? U no mr g$$ ur jus tha kinda fan who make people hate tha Aggies with ur im bettern u altitude. Luckily u also have people like tha BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END youngun who off set goobers like ur self.

BobcatBenny
11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
usually you have to be at the bottom to dreg up what is there... that quote right there shows how classless some people can be to go along with bitter...
Well, you are right about being at the bottom to dreg up what is there. Point well made. :)

There is no bitterness from me . . . Hmmm, so what else could it be? . . . Maybe a little chum and bait? LOL :kiss:

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, dead-on accurate. I call a spade a spade always. Guy has no clue & never will either. Then that says a lot about your character.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I have my priorities plenty in line. I have been helping care for a sick family member since Aug. 3rd, day & night. I have plenty of commitments & real-life things going on. I have plenty to worry about just like anybody else. Football & sports are an outlet. Who the heck are you - Dr. Phil? Mind your own business or talk to me one-on-one. OK? Only person I see taking shots is you. Questioning ones intelligence and "hating idiots." People are just debating with you "as you like to do" but when people post stuff that disagrees with you or your "facts" you go on the rebound and get defensive. You should probably go to church and/or do some volunteer work to build you up some character because right now you have none and probably never will with your attitude.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Alright guys, can we just put an end to it? A lot of this trash talk isn't needed anyways, so let's get back to the point, shall we?

In Coach Fran's defense, I pity him. He showed emotion last night when telling us that he had to step down and he showed respect for our team for making the game about us and not him, and that is commendable. Coach Fran meant a lot to our team and a whole lot to some players, and as Martellus Bennett put it last night, I think Steve is still in the locker room crying.

Moving on, some candidates have already been named. Tuberville, who is number one on the list, is due to sit down with Auburn as soon as tomorrow and negotiate what it will take to get him there. In other places I have heard that Spurrier is taking the job and his salary at South Carolina is to be doubled. It's all speculation at this point, and I really have no clue what is going on behind the scenes, so we're just going to have to sit it out and wait, pray for a bowl game, and just keep playing football.

rockdale80
11-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I have my priorities plenty in line. I have been helping care for a sick family member since Aug. 3rd, day & night. I have plenty of commitments & real-life things going on. I have plenty to worry about just like anybody else. Football & sports are an outlet. Who the heck are you - Dr. Phil? Mind your own business or talk to me one-on-one. OK?

You sad pathetic man. Someone doesnt agree with you so you blast him about something completely unrelated. Good job. Your posts the past week have shows us all about your character or lack of. And no intelligence isn't always indicative of a person's intelligence. I have plenty of friends that graduated from ATM or UT and can barely write their names. So that assessment is another opinion I am sure you will attribute to fact. You say that you like this board but get angry when anyone disagrees with you. How old are you?

Emerson1
11-24-2007, 03:07 PM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6315/smartsm3.jpg

big daddy russ
11-24-2007, 06:10 PM
My biggest problem in Benny's post is about the talent level at TAMU. They have, IMO, the best backfield in the Big XII, one of the three best o-lines in the conference, and the best TE in the country. The receiving corps is improving now that they have those two young speedsters in there, but that's the weak point of the offense.

Defensively, the talent is definitely there, it just hasn't performed up to its potential. Fresh blood at both LB spots (if they stick with the defense they're currently running) is needed along with an upgrade at DE and someone who can replace Red Bryant. Kellen Heard is an absolute monster, one of the most talented DT's in the nation, and will still be there next year even though Bryant's future is in the pros.

BBDE, ready to fill one of those spots? :D

Basically, the talent I've seen is better than the talent at the vast majority of other schools, but we haven't seen the fruits of that talent. I was at the KU/TAMU game and TAMU's talent level was far greater, but they were getting collectively dominated at the LOS all game long.

As far as Fran, just because he wasn't the answer at TAMU doesn't mean that I won't be rooting for him at his future stops. There's a line that has to be drawn between a man's public image and the man himself, and I hope that most Aggie fans are classy enough to realize that he's been through the washer, that both Fran and the program are going their separate ways, and that "it is what it is." The era's over, but I wish nothing but the best for Fran. I hope he finds the success at his next stop that eluded him in College Station, but it was definitely time for a change. When you're consistently getting top-level talent from the only state in the union that consistently sends more than than 280 kids to Division I programs on a yearly basis (Texas typically puts about 400 kids in D-I and A&M recruits the state better than everyone except OU and UT), you should be expecting eight- and nine-win seasons on a yearly basis, and then be able to build off of that.

rockdale80
11-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
My biggest problem in Benny's post is about the talent level at TAMU. They have, IMO, the best backfield in the Big XII, one of the three best o-lines in the conference, and the best TE in the country. The receiving corps is improving now that they have those two young speedsters in there, but that's the weak point of the offense.

Defensively, the talent is definitely there, it just hasn't performed up to its potential. Fresh blood at both LB spots (if they stick with the defense they're currently running) is needed along with an upgrade at DE and someone who can replace Red Bryant. Kellen Heard is an absolute monster, one of the most talented DT's in the nation, and will still be there next year even though Bryant's future is in the pros.

BBDE, ready to fill one of those spots? :D

Basically, the talent I've seen is better than the talent at the vast majority of other schools, but we haven't seen the fruits of that talent. I was at the KU/TAMU game and TAMU's talent level was far greater, but they were getting collectively dominated at the LOS all game long.

As far as Fran, just because he wasn't the answer at TAMU doesn't mean that I won't be rooting for him at his future stops. There's a line that has to be drawn between a man's public image and the man himself, and I hope that most Aggie fans are classy enough to realize that he's been through the washer, that both Fran and the program are going their separate ways, and that "it is what it is." The era's over, but I wish nothing but the best for Fran. I hope he finds the success at his next stop that eluded him in College Station, but it was definitely time for a change. When you're consistently getting top-level talent from the only state in the union that consistently sends more than than 280 kids to Division I programs on a yearly basis (Texas typically puts about 400 kids in D-I and A&M recruits the state better than everyone except OU and UT), you should be expecting eight- and nine-win seasons on a yearly basis, and then be able to build off of that.

As usual, a great voice of reason. Good job BDR. :clap:

BobcatBenny
11-25-2007, 09:23 PM
OK, I am digging this thread up. Apparently A&M fans think that Mike Sherman is their man.

I have to say, "REALLY?"

A guy that has never been a college football head coach?

Go ahead and call me an idiot all you want. The proof is in the pudding. What a bunch of maroons! :clap:

$3 million dollars well spent! LMAO