PDA

View Full Version : 3A Players - Recruiting Talk

Milk That Cow
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Those with the scoop, who are some of the players who have committed already to play college ball somewhere and those who are being recruited...

TexanFan4Life
11-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Sophomore Running Back Dexter Downey of Sealy isn't being recruited YET, but trust me...this kid is going to make tremendous strides at Sealy High School and go places in the future.

I realize this isn't what you were looking for, but I had to throw it out there.

g$$
11-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Brock Fitzhenry (Giddings) - Texas
Dexter Pratt (Navasota) - 2009 national recruit
Chris Whaley (Madisonville) - 2009 national recruit

Justin Johnson - OU
**Gilmer has like 4 D1 recruits, others will name them

Just a few to get started...

IHStangFan
11-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Keep wondering if Wilkerson from Needville has gotten any looks from anyone. I haven't heard.

alaskacat
11-23-2007, 02:30 AM
D'anton Lynne -Celina-Penn State

navscanmaster
11-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Keep wondering if Wilkerson from Needville has gotten any looks from anyone. I haven't heard.
Looked all over, only googling he brings up is a few newspaper clips and some talk on a 5A football site. I'm sure that he will at least get some interest from the D3/Juco level, if not SHSU or TSU or one of the local FCS schools.

State_In_08
11-23-2007, 04:24 AM
Pratt gets letters from schools all over the nation almost everyday... I personally counted 25+ one day.

navscanmaster
11-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Pratt gets letters from schools all over the nation almost everyday... I personally counted 25+ one day.

Yeah, but he is still undecided. I think that he will have an offer from every D1 school out there before he makes his mind up.

State_In_08
11-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Oh yeah, definitely. Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Arkansas seem to be the big 5 at the moment, but he's got a whole year, that could easily change. I did see a couple letters from USC though.;)

Milk That Cow
11-24-2007, 02:03 PM
What about Kortlin White at Rockdale and Allen Dock at Giddings....

Where are they thinking about playing next year?

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
What about Kortlin White at Rockdale and Allen Dock at Giddings....

Where are they thinking about playing next year? If Alan was bigger he would be d1 for sure to schools like USC, Florida, Texas, Michigan, and etc.

giddingsblazer2
11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Alan Dock=Tulsa Golden Hurricanes........

pittqueen
11-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Kendall Wright- Pittsburg, committed to Texas A&M in march, decommitted, and now has standing scholarship offers from OU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Houston, and Nebraska.

Stownhorse
11-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yeah, but he is still undecided. I think that he will have an offer from every D1 school out there before he makes his mind up.

Not every D1 school needs him.

Old Tiger
11-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yeah, but he is still undecided. I think that he will have an offer from every D1 school out there before he makes his mind up. Doubt it. Tim Tebow had 107 d1 scholarship offers. He may get looks from about every d1 college but to get offers is a different story.

baseballmom
11-24-2007, 08:10 PM
COlumbus has the quaterback Beird linebacker Lyendecker are geeting some looks from Montanna State, Nichols State in La. and some others, but I do not know who.

g$$
11-27-2007, 06:51 AM
I read where Columbus has an OL named Waddle for next year's class. Probably related to former Texas Aggie WR Percy Waddle (there have been many Waddles come thru Columbus). Percy was a top recruit in the 1980s.

Anybody know the relation?

Aesculus gilmus
11-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Gilmer's in addition to Justin Johnson are:

OL Daniel Jenkins: Missouri
OL David Snow: UT
WR Lamar Harris: Texas A&M (if he has changed his mind because of the coaching change, I haven't heard about it)
WR Houston Tuminello: Louisiana Tech

firstcat
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
It doesn't matter how many letters you get.
I got this info from a NCAA recruiter. He says that the letters just mean you have hit the mailing list, thousands are sent out.
He pointed out that, if you'll notice, once your name/picture hit a large market newspaper, the letters usually start coming in (his words, not mine).
After the first few letters, the mailing list expands and you begin to get more. Much like junk mail process.
He also said that if you don't receive a phone call or a visit in April, then you "aren't on anyones true radar".
He said that the letters are more of a tool to recruit interest in the school itself, not particularly for the teams.
Just passing this on for what it is worth.

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Is Wilkerson a junior or a senior?

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
I got this info from a NCAA recruiter. He says that the letters just mean you have hit the mailing list, thousands are sent out.
He pointed out that, if you'll notice, once your name/picture hit a large market newspaper, the letters usually start coming in (his words, not mine).
After the first few letters, the mailing list expands and you begin to get more. Much like junk mail process.
He also said that if you don't receive a phone call or a visit in April, then you "aren't on anyones true radar".
He said that the letters are more of a tool to recruit interest in the school itself, not particularly for the teams.

I'm sure you just crapped on someone's hopes. Lol

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer's in addition to Justin Johnson are:

OL Daniel Jenkins: Missouri
OL David Snow: UT
WR Lamar Harris: Texas A&M (if he has changed his mind because of the coaching change, I haven't heard about it)
WR Houston Tuminello: Louisiana Tech

Does Justin Johnson have any relation to Manuel Johnson?

Aesculus gilmus
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Justin and Manuel Johnson are cousins, as I understand it.

I don't know if they're first cousins, though. It seems as if it's more distant than that.

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Not every D1 school needs him.

What is up with you hating on Navasota? Now you are starting to hate on Navasota's players.

RattlerDude
11-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pittqueen
Kendall Wright- Pittsburg, committed to Texas A&M in march, decommitted, and now has standing scholarship offers from OU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Houston, and Nebraska.

Where does this guy play at? Whats his position?

block&tackle
11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Where does this guy play at? Whats his position?
QB/DB for Pittsburg but the scouting services are listing him at WR or just ATH.

Bull19
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
What is up with you hating on Navasota? Now you are starting to hate on Navasota's players.

:rolleyes: you cant possibly think that EVERY d-1 school in the country is looking at pratt.....if you really think that you have some problems

Stownhorse
11-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
:rolleyes: you cant possibly think that EVERY d-1 school in the country is looking at pratt.....if you really think that you have some problems

yea:clap: .... Think of how many RB's are recruited every year by each D1 school.... Yea, thats alot, and I guarantee you he is nowhere near the top of that list.

Texasfootball2
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Tom Bradys new born son is schedule to move in the Wylie school district and is the #1 recruit in nation for the class of 2026. Hopefully we will still be 3A, unless somebody drops the ball that shouldn't be a problem.

firstcat
11-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm sure you just crapped on someone's hopes. Lol

I kinda thought about that after I posted...but it is better to be real, right? Then again, remember Rudy? Anything can happen if you refuse to let it NOT happen!
He said .008% of high school football players go on to play in D-1 schools...not very many in the grand scheme of things.

CHSfan
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
kaeron johnson(cuero)
signed with texas state!!

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
kaeron johnson(cuero)
signed with texas state!! How'd he do that?

CHSfan
11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
How'd he do that?

what do u mean?

Gobbla2001
11-27-2007, 08:38 PM
what do u mean?

you mean he has orally committed... he cannot sign yet...

Old Tiger
11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
what do u mean? It's against the rules.

CHSfan
11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
well yall kno what i mean!

striker
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM

So what does it mean when your Head Football Coach gets a call from Charlie Weis and Mack Brown asking about a player? Does that mean he is just getting junk phone calls?

Bull19
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by striker
So what does it mean when your Head Football Coach gets a call from Charlie Weis and Mack Brown asking about a player? Does that mean he is just getting junk phone calls?

ok you clearly didnt understand his point, and its pretty apparent you dont understand the recruiting process

LH Panther Mom
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I know Allman has some opportunities. I don't know "all" but one is in Arkansas. (I need to pay better attention. :doh: )

IHStangFan
11-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Is Wilkerson a junior or a senior? Wilkerson is a senior I believe. Next year Hadjik should be the featured back I'd guess. He is a soph. this year and this was his first year on varsity.

g$$
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I read where Columbus has an OL named Waddle for next year's class. Probably related to former Texas Aggie WR Percy Waddle (there have been many Waddles come thru Columbus). Percy was a top recruit in the 1980s.

Anybody know the relation?

LaAdrian Waddle. Anybody know more on him? Supposedly huge & fairly athletic. Good genetics too.

firstcat
11-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by striker

I'd say that falls into the line of "on the radar"...much different than a letter.

firstcat
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ok you clearly didnt understand his point, and its pretty apparent you dont understand the recruiting process

Thanks bull! But who is "he"? He's a she!

BMOC
11-28-2007, 07:07 PM
What about the Clay kid from Snyder? He is a pretty good RB. Has he committed anywhere, or is anyone looking at him?

block&tackle
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
What about the Clay kid from Snyder? He is a pretty good RB. Has he committed anywhere, or is anyone looking at him?
I can't find him in the Rival or Scout databases. If he is not there at this point in a kid's senior year, it probably means that he isn't getting recruited by any DI's.

Bull19
11-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks bull! But who is "he"? He's a she!

my bad,,made my point though