PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Gives Brock Fitzhenry No Respect...

Milk That Cow
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
On their recruiting pages, they have Brock as the lowest rated recruit of all their commitments...

TEXAS
NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN RANK GRADE STATUS NCAA SCHOOL
Dan Buckner WR 6-4 209 Allen, TX WR #5 84 Verbal Texas
Jarvis Humphrey DT 6-1 285 Cedar Hill, TX DT #4 83 Verbal Texas
David Snow OG 6-4 300 Gilmer, TX OG #1 82 Verbal Texas
Antoine Hicks ATH 6-2 193 Arlington, TX ATH #11 82 Verbal Texas
DeSean Hales ATH 5-11 168 Spring, TX ATH #14 81 Verbal Texas
Emmanuel Acho OLB 6-2 210 Dallas, TX OLB #8 81 Verbal Texas
Nolan Brewster OLB 6-2 195 Littleton, CO OLB #10 81 Verbal Texas
Dravannti Johnson OLB 6-2 220 Nederland, TX OLB #12 80 Verbal Texas
Mark Buchanan OT 6-6 260 Austin, TX OT #16 80 Verbal Texas
Ryan Roberson OLB 5-11 200 Brenham, TX OLB #27 79 Verbal Texas
Blake Gideon S 6-1 190 Leander, TX S #11 79 Verbal Texas
Jeremy Hills RB 5-10 181 Alief, TX RB #41 79 Verbal Texas
Justin Tucker K 6-1 175 Austin, TX K #2 79 Verbal Texas
Kheeston Randall DT 6-5 270 Beaumont, TX DT #24 78 Verbal Texas
Donald Monroe CB 5-8 163 Angleton, TX CB #27 78 Verbal Texas
Aaron Williams S 6-1 180 Austin, TX S #27 77 Verbal Texas
Luke Poehlmann OT 6-6 260 Brenham, TX OT #53 77 Verbal Texas
Tre Newton RB 6-0 194 Southlake, TX RB #95 75 Verbal Texas
Brock Fitzhenry ATH 5-9 175 Giddings, TX ATH #104 73 Verbal Texas

injuredinmelee
11-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Could be cause he wont be playing the same position in college.

CHS_CG
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
On their recruiting pages, they have Brock as the lowest rated recruit of all their commitments...

TEXAS
NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN RANK GRADE STATUS NCAA SCHOOL
Dan Buckner WR 6-4 209 Allen, TX WR #5 84 Verbal Texas
Jarvis Humphrey DT 6-1 285 Cedar Hill, TX DT #4 83 Verbal Texas
David Snow OG 6-4 300 Gilmer, TX OG #1 82 Verbal Texas
Antoine Hicks ATH 6-2 193 Arlington, TX ATH #11 82 Verbal Texas
DeSean Hales ATH 5-11 168 Spring, TX ATH #14 81 Verbal Texas
Emmanuel Acho OLB 6-2 210 Dallas, TX OLB #8 81 Verbal Texas
Nolan Brewster OLB 6-2 195 Littleton, CO OLB #10 81 Verbal Texas
Dravannti Johnson OLB 6-2 220 Nederland, TX OLB #12 80 Verbal Texas
Mark Buchanan OT 6-6 260 Austin, TX OT #16 80 Verbal Texas
Ryan Roberson OLB 5-11 200 Brenham, TX OLB #27 79 Verbal Texas
Blake Gideon S 6-1 190 Leander, TX S #11 79 Verbal Texas
Jeremy Hills RB 5-10 181 Alief, TX RB #41 79 Verbal Texas
Justin Tucker K 6-1 175 Austin, TX K #2 79 Verbal Texas
Kheeston Randall DT 6-5 270 Beaumont, TX DT #24 78 Verbal Texas
Donald Monroe CB 5-8 163 Angleton, TX CB #27 78 Verbal Texas
Aaron Williams S 6-1 180 Austin, TX S #27 77 Verbal Texas
Luke Poehlmann OT 6-6 260 Brenham, TX OT #53 77 Verbal Texas
Brock Fitzhenry ATH 5-9 175 Giddings, TX ATH #104 73 Verbal Texas

Heaven forbid he didnt get first... every think that being thankful hes even on the list is a good way to look at it?

Big Papa
11-22-2007, 09:56 PM
and at least he has that commitment...more than alot of hs athletes can say

Milk That Cow
11-22-2007, 09:58 PM
More ESPN about Brock...

======================================

Brock Fitzhenry
ATH | 5'9" 175

Hometown: Giddings, TX
School: Giddings High School
Region: Plains Status: Verbal
School: Texas

Last Updated: 10/16/2007 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scouts Grade: 73
Position Rank: ATH #104
Considered: 1-Texas , 2-Texas A&M , 3-Texas Tech , 4-TCU , 5-Houston

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaluation: Fitzhenry is a classic wishbone, triple-opiton quarterback who is drastically undersized and lacks skills and experience as passer, but he is a terrific little athlete who could end up as a slot receiver, scatback or even cornerback. Where he will likely make a splash at the college level is as a return man. He is tough as nails and lightning quick with great feet and a terrific feel for operating a complex system. He is diminutive in stature and really slippery. He's difficult to get a clean shot at because he is jumpy and sudden like a jitterbug. His lateral movement and burst as a runner gets him through tight seams, and once at the second level, he has the speed to pull away. If this guy was three or four inches taller, he'd likely be a national recruit. However, Fitzhenry just isn't very big or powerful. At the next level, he will provide a spark and likely be a fan favorite for his toughness, motor and flair, but it may be hard for him to find a true position to stay on the field full-time. In the right role, he is the perfect football player. We would not underestimate this guy, he'll find a way to make plays. Fitzhenry is the type of guy you want on your roster and will make an example of other, more talented players if they don't respect him.

kepdawg
11-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
More ESPN about Brock...

======================================

Brock Fitzhenry
ATH | 5'9" 175

Hometown: Giddings, TX
School: Giddings High School
Region: Plains Status: Verbal
School: Texas

Last Updated: 10/16/2007 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Scouts Grade: 73
Position Rank: ATH #104
Considered: 1-Texas , 2-Texas A&M , 3-Texas Tech , 4-TCU , 5-Houston

Evaluation: Fitzhenry is a classic wishbone, triple-opiton quarterback who is drastically undersized and lacks skills and experience as passer, but he is a terrific little athlete who could end up as a slot receiver, scatback or even cornerback. Where he will likely make a splash at the college level is as a return man. He is tough as nails and lightning quick with great feet and a terrific feel for operating a complex system. He is diminutive in stature and really slippery. He's difficult to get a clean shot at because he is jumpy and sudden like a jitterbug. His lateral movement and burst as a runner gets him through tight seams, and once at the second level, he has the speed to pull away. If this guy was three or four inches taller, he'd likely be a national recruit. However, Fitzhenry just isn't very big or powerful. At the next level, he will provide a spark and likely be a fan favorite for his toughness, motor and flair, but it may be hard for him to find a true position to stay on the field full-time. In the right role, he is the perfect football player. We would not underestimate this guy, he'll find a way to make plays. Fitzhenry is the type of guy you want on your roster and will make an example of other, more talented players if they don't respect him.

You might want to check 3ADL Rule 9 in case it applies.

TexanFan4Life
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I agree with ESPN's take on Brock. He is a fantastic athlete with off the chart speed and quickness, but he's going to have a tough time staying on the field at Texas. He probably WILL end up competing for a job as a return man. He's too small to play FS at the college level, forget QB, forget SS...

CB is the only place I can see him finding hs niche. Going to be tough to crack that rotation though. I wish him the best of luck at the next level.

BTW..Scout.com has him listed as a 3-star CB prospect. There are tons of 3-stars that don't even make splashes in college. Again, best of luck to him!

Daddy D 11
11-22-2007, 10:50 PM
who cares what he is ranked?

HE IS GOING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS TO PLAY FOOTBALL :clap:

quit whining...

orangeblood
11-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

quit whining...

Thats what I'm talkin' bout. THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS!!!!

RdaleBoi08
11-23-2007, 12:50 AM
That Is True...There Just Scouting Reports Of What They Think..

TexanFan4Life
11-23-2007, 12:56 AM

and...? I'm just kidding. lol

alaskacat
11-23-2007, 01:53 AM
he will go to Texas and he will obtain a lot of splinters from riding the pine. He would do himself more good going Div II at like Montana or South Dakota, appalachian State where he could make an impact

Adidas410s
11-23-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You might want to check 3ADL Rule 9 in case it applies.
it does...this info is from ESPN Insider.

Personally, I think Brock would've been much better served by going to Texas Tech. He could go show up in the fall and contend for a starting spot in their offense as a true freshman. Tech is returning 10 guys on offense, their only loss being Danny Amendola...a WR of similar stature to Brock. Brock would remind many of Wes Welker while playing in the Tech offense and that would serve him favorably in the long run if he performed well.

Instead, he'll go to Texas...redshirt in 08 and hopefully have a chance to get in the WR rotation by 2010. That's the best case scenario for him at Texas.

TexanFan4Life
11-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
he will go to Texas and he will obtain a lot of splinters from riding the pine. He would do himself more good going Div II at like Montana or South Dakota, appalachian State where he could make an impact

I don't disagree with this, but I'm not sure about his desire to leave Texas for Montana. lol

navscanmaster
11-23-2007, 04:15 AM
I have always said to myself that he would more than likely be a return man in college because of his size. I have also said that he would be a good fit at Texas Tech for a receiver. So I am glad to see that people think the same as I do. :D This is for the D23 guys out there, wouldn't it be nice to see Brock at receiver and Canto from Caldwell at TB for the Red Raiders? They are both perfect fits for TT's offensive scheme.:)

State_In_08
11-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I have always said to myself that he would more than likely be a return man in college because of his size. I have also said that he would be a good fit at Texas Tech for a receiver. So I am glad to see that people think the same as I do. :D This is for the D23 guys out there, wouldn't it be nice to see Brock at receiver and Canto from Caldwell at TB for the Red Raiders? They are both perfect fits for TT's offensive scheme.:)

I completely agree with this. Seems everyone in Texas believes Fitzhenry should go to Texas Tech except Fitzhenry and his family.

navscanmaster
11-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I completely agree with this. Seems everyone in Texas believes Fitzhenry should go to Texas Tech except Fitzhenry and his family.
Well, I would prefer a 50 mile drive to games and school over a 7-8 hour trip. Plus, there is that crazy stigma of "I played for Texas University" that just makes kids go nuts.

Darren
11-23-2007, 07:15 AM

quit whining...

Agreed.....

Old Tiger
11-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Just as good as McGuffie minus the hurdle.

ILS1
11-23-2007, 09:09 AM

Wasn't there talk that he might change his commitment and join Riley & Todd Dodge @ UNT?? Back to Brock, I think he will be a great special teams player and every now and then come in as a Slot receiver. He is lightning quick and tough but his size is his only draw back!!!

:D :D :D

Old Tiger
11-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Wasn't there talk that he might change his commitment and join Riley & Todd Dodge @ UNT?? Back to Brock, I think he will be a great special teams player and every now and then come in as a Slot receiver. He is lightning quick and tough but his size is his only draw back!!!

:D :D :D Just as big as Quan....He'll put weight on too in college. He'll be a really good player in space.

Gobbla2001
11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
no respect LOL... hilarious...

charlesrixey
11-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Just as big as Quan....He'll put weight on too in college. He'll be a really good player in space.

Quan Cosby is 3 inches taller

and much faster

Old Tiger
11-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Quan Cosby is 3 inches taller

and much faster Brock is 5'9 legit

Quan is listed at 5'11 and IMO that is a generous 5'11

I think they are pretty even in the speed department. Both are 4.3-4.4 guys

Adidas410s
11-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, I would prefer a 50 mile drive to games and school over a 7-8 hour trip. Plus, there is that crazy stigma of "I played for Texas University" that just makes kids go nuts.
he would actually have to get on the field to say that he played...which isn't as likely to happen. Also, the way you talk it makes it sound like no kid would ever want to go to any other school. :rolleyes:

Then again...you sound like an Ag with your TU comment :rolleyes:

Panther One
11-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Brock is 5'9 legit

Quan is listed at 5'11 and IMO that is a generous 5'11

I think they are pretty even in the speed department. Both are 4.3-4.4 guys
IMO, Brock is listed at a generous 5'9. I think he's closer to 5'7, and at 19 already, I don't think he'll be getting any taller any time soon. I also think he would be a better fit at Tech, but if he's always wanted to play at Texas, it would be hard to pass on that. And as far as education goes, cause we know that's top on all recruits' priorities, it doesn't get much better than Texas.

Old Tiger
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
He's a little taller than me and i'm 5'8

LH Panther Mom
11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
Seems everyone in Texas believes Fitzhenry should go to Texas Tech
Not everyone.....

themsu97
11-24-2007, 11:20 AM
he is recruited by UT and that is a lack of respect? I would bet that there are about 10,000 kids that would change places with him on that recruiting board right now...
Tre Newton is one ahead of him and I would bet that Tre doesn't care, but I would also be willing to bet that Tre will play alot more as well...
hope Brock does well at UT, but do not be surprised if he does like alot of other kids do who really want to play, transfers to another college... just not SHSU, seems like all the kids that transfer there blow out a knee;) :( :thinking: