PDA

View Full Version : Carthage defense against the sloppy T

dirtydan
11-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Carthage need to lay some wood on those suspects whether they got the ball or not, then the slot T becomes the sloppy T, and send those cats dragging their tails back down I-35 south. last year's champs doesn't mean a thing this year. then we'll have the east texas super bowl (buckeyes vs bulldogs).

firstcat
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Dude, hooked on phonics worked for you.

firstcat
11-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Dirty Dan - you better make sure your probie officer lets you leave the county or you ain't seein' no game!!!! I put it in your terms so you wouldn't get lost.

BILLYFRED0000
11-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
Carthage need to lay some wood on those suspects whether they got the ball or not, then the slot T becomes the sloppy T, and send those cats dragging their tails back down I-35 south. last year's champs doesn't mean a thing this year. then we'll have the east texas super bowl (buckeyes vs bulldogs).

LH wins in a laugher 42 - 14.

Daddy D 11
11-22-2007, 07:22 PM
dude, carthage is going to get blown out :D

Panther One
11-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Surely this is just a flame...or else somebody had a little to much beer with their turkey.

JJ7997
11-22-2007, 08:05 PM
LH 63 - 7

firstcat
11-22-2007, 08:07 PM
r.moore, you really do spend too much time here...stop staring at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duckpluck
11-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Do we have to listen to this every week Liberty Hill plays? Last year every team the Panthers played said they were going to knock LH off and stop the T.

In 2006
China Spring - they rung up 54
Crockett - rung up 56
Sweeny - 28. Not bad but the Panther D only gave up 13
Giddings (undefeated)- 35
Hondo (undefeated)- 35
Celina - 22 WOW What a game. These Bobcats were good.

IN 2007
Robinson - 42

All I am saying is that LH will score. You will not shut them down. You have to outscore the Panthers. The only thig that will shut down the Panther train in themselves. Fumbles and stupid personal fouls, and they have done that to themseleves some this year. So beat the Defense, that is what you have to do to win. You will not beat the offense unless they beat themselves.
Will not see the punter much.

Panthers score or fumble. Thats when you will get the ball back.

So all you fans of other teams, stop saying your going to stop it, because you probably don't have the horses to do that. Just say your going to out score the Panthers. Thats more acurate, but its still no easy task. It's a Zoo out there.

firstcat
11-22-2007, 08:08 PM
not really....you can stare, I would if I were me.

firstcat
11-22-2007, 08:10 PM
duck pluck...thanks for the stats....I think I have officially lost my buzz....JK!!!!!!!!

Daddy D 11
11-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck

Panthers score or fumble. Thats when you will get the ball back.

truer words have never been spoken :clap: :D

firstcat
11-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Truth is...we around The Hill have come to depend on DuckPluck because he is the man when it comes to the nuts and bolts of panther ball. Thanks, seriously!
No need for beer here....we're just giving thanks and joy-riding down that Road to Repeat!!!!!
Better dress warm! It's snowing in Mesquite!!!!!!!!

duckpluck
11-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I just need a light jacket. Now that we are in the playoffs we don't have to call the game outside anymore. We will be on the 3rd floor. WOW, thats a big press box.

I don't know the nuts and bolts. I'm just nuts. I'm no expert, but I play one on the internet.

BE SAFE TOMORROW on the road everyone.

JR2004
11-22-2007, 10:14 PM

While Gilmer fans may or may not want you around, there's a team in the Metroplex whose fans would welcome you with open arms for posts like that. :)

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I hear there's a sale on Desenex, dd. ;)

Daddy D 11
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
is gives all people with the name dan a bad rep :mad:

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I read on smoaky that most Carthage seniors were failing a required government class. :eek: :eek: :doh:

3rd from the bottom, page 6 (http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76026&st=100)

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
is gives all people with the name dan a bad rep :mad:
He was nicknamed "dirtydiaper" last season. ;) :kiss:

44INAROW
11-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I read on smoaky that most Carthage seniors were failing a required government class. :eek: :eek: :doh:

3rd from the bottom, page 6 (http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76026&st=100)

I am sure they'll be miraculously "passing" soon.:p

BobcatBenny
11-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Man, I can't believe I missed it! :clap: :clap:

But, it still is not the same without rundoe. :crying: :crying: :bigcry:

Daddy D 11
11-22-2007, 11:42 PM
according to Smoakey, LH is going to get smoked by Carthage tommorow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BobcatBenny
11-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey it is the holiday season and there is a bit of candy and nuts around.

So, Merry Christmas! To All! :)

I will wear fur and a diaper again next week either way. :D

State_In_08
11-23-2007, 04:21 AM
Good luck to both teams. From what I understand both of you are very talented and it should be a great game. Hopefully we'll see you guys in the next round.

dirtydan
11-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I hear there's a sale on Desenex, dd. ;)

you may need it limping back down i35 tonite.

dirtydan
11-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
Dirty Dan - you better make sure your probie officer lets you leave the county or you ain't seein' no game!!!! I put it in your terms so you wouldn't get lost.

first cat - i meant that a rb that feints like he has the ball and run thru the line is suspect and should get some wood layed on him anyway. after a few times he will start tip toeing thru letting the db knows that he does not have the ball.

GreenMachine
11-23-2007, 09:28 AM
After last year's hype about Gilmer, and then one and done... I don't expect much more out of them this year. And if you are fortunate enough to face LH, if you call that fortunate, all I can tell you is to be prepared for a MACHINE! :eek:

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2007, 09:55 AM
first cat - i meant that a rb that feints like he has the ball and run thru the line is suspect and should get some wood layed on him anyway. after a few times he will start tip toeing thru letting the db knows that he does not have the ball.
LMAO! That's the silliest thing I've read in a while. Those that don't have the ball are capable of laying some wood themselves. But, it was good for a laugh. :D

JJ7997
11-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
After last year's hype about Gilmer, and then one and done... I don't expect much more out of them this year. And if you are fortunate enough to face LH, if you call that fortunate, all I can tell you is to be prepared for a MACHINE! :eek:

End of discussion. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BILLYFRED0000
11-23-2007, 10:42 AM

I saw that too. I think the guy was just flaming. Smoaky's gets a lot of that kind of stuff. I do like to read and post over there just because they think East Texas football can do no wrong.

BILLYFRED0000
11-23-2007, 10:45 AM

LH will put Carthage out of their misery early and often.
LH 35
Carthage 17.
I had posted 42 14 earlier but I am going to give Carthage a little respect for their speed on Defense. It will be a lower scoring game than Cuero but similar in that Carthage might hang for a half then the adjustments kick in and LH pulls away.

charlesrixey
11-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
according to Smoakey, LH is going to get smoked by Carthage tommorow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yeah well, according to east texans in 2005 Pewitt was favored by an average of 45-12 over celina, and we know how that turned out

as for the other argument

all i can say is Celina held LH down more than anyone else last year

but LH's offense was awesome

300 yards rushing? wow!

against a team designed to stop the run!