PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Wylie this Friday

wildstangs
09-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Someone is going to leave Bulldog Stadium Friday night on a three game losing streak.

MustangMadness
09-20-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks for reminding us that the loser will be on a three game losing streak......But be sure and know that the mustangs are coming to play this friday and are looking for some momentum moving into District

wildstangs
09-20-2003, 11:11 PM
MustangMadness:
Thanks for reminding us that the loser will be on a three game losing streak......But be sure and know that the mustangs are coming to play this friday and are looking for some momentum moving into DistrictI didnt mean to be rude at all. I am from Sweetwater. I really dont think it will be Sweetwater leaving with a 3 game skid either.

Knightmoon
09-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Since Merkel has an open week, I think I will go see that game. It should be a good one. I have a feeling Sweetwater is going to win this one in a big way.

VWG
09-21-2003, 10:13 AM
I think this game comes down to Sweetwater D vs. Wylie's Offense.
If Sweetwater can contain Wylie, and mainly through the air, then the Mustangs should be able to come out of Abilene with a win.
Wylie has a pretty good QB, although he is a sophomore. He gets "happy feet" sometimes, and can scramble for good yardage..... BUT... if Sweetwater can put a pass rush on and get to him early it could be a long night for the Bulldogs.
Wylie's receivers can get open on 5-10 yard outs, and across the middle. They run good routes and can catch.
Should be an interesting game, could be a close one but if Sweetwater brings it's A game I like Sweetwater by at least 14.

Ranger Mom
09-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Gotta go with the Stangs on this one!! :D

Wbulldogs
09-21-2003, 09:59 PM
well...nothin new for us...we are underdogs again...should be a goodgame

wildstangs
09-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Wbulldogs:
well...nothin new for us...we are underdogs again...should be a goodgame

#3Congrats on your great game Friday night JR. I think with Philpott around the game would have very possibly gone the other way. I will look for you this Friday. Good luck.

pero chato
09-22-2003, 11:21 AM
When was the last time Wylie or Sweetwater had a three game losing streak? I suspect it's been a while. But that's the chance you take when you have a tough pre-district schedule. The only good thing about our loss at Graham was we may have found a passing game. We sorely missed our kicker. I don't know details about the Andrews/Sweetwater game, but it looks like Andrews is just that good. I'm sure this Friday both Sweetwater and Wylie will be putting the final touches on some things before district. Hopefully both teams will be in full force with no one sidelined with injuries. I know both programs have a lot of respect for each other, so it should be a good match up. Wylie is the underdog, but I still gotta pick 'em to pull off the win. Good luck to both teams!

whsfan
09-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Last week Wylie played Graham on their home field. The Steers were defending a 20 game home winning streak. The Bulldogs still almost pulled off the win without the services of their kicker, their punter, a starting receiver, the starting tailback, and the deep snapper.

This week the Bulldogs have a home winning streak of their own to defend. To this best of knowledge the last home loss for Wylie was back in 1998. You better believe the Bulldogs will be ready to defend their home winning record. They should also have the services of those starters back this week. Look for the Bulldogs to come out blazing on Friday night.

Wylie by 10

Wbulldogs
09-22-2003, 08:49 PM
yah that game against graham just wasnt us...its hard on us with a 3 week in a row road games..but alo of guys had t step up and do things they havent done before with those key injuries and in the 4rth our offense was clickin with the passing game..i had 149 yards recieving and 110 of them was in the 4rth and lance miller had a big catch of 31 and chris collum and a couple catches...so i cant wait to play this highly touted sweetwater team...its always has been a fun one to play...i pray for no injuries and hard fought battle

<small>[ September 22, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Wbulldogs ]</small>

Excel94
09-22-2003, 10:19 PM
This match up between Sweetwater and Wylie will be a good one. It is always fun to watch this rivarly because it is good clean hard fought game with both of these teams respecting each other. I understand that Wylie still may not have their kicker Aaron Philpot, I believe they want him totally healthy for district which hurts Wylie on defense too. He would have been alot of help to them against Graham and stopping #42. If they can get the running game and passing game going together could be a win for Wylie. By the way congratulations JR on a good game I believe I read about it in another post too. I wonder how many posters on here are actually players? Might be a good question for another post?

Wbulldogs
09-23-2003, 07:47 AM
thanx...yah im a player i start at corner on defense and i had to start at reciever since philpot was out...we really did miss him but i would rather have him healthy for district than to keep agrivating his hip...i think its gotten alot better and he possibly will be back this week..we will need his help at strong safety on defense