PDA

View Full Version : This is how athletics should be.....especially the play-offs!

88bobcats
11-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted in signature by gobbler84
...If It Should Be We Win, Let It Be By The Code, With Our Faith And Honor Held High, And If We Should Lose, Let Us Stand By The Road, And Cheer As The Winners Go By...

Excellent signature gobbler84!

The only team I've seen exemplify this great sentiment is the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns. They show loads of class and pay tribute to their opponent when defeated.

I hate losing; but Texas high school football is about more than just winning in a Machiavellian fashion. I'd love for people around the country to eventually say, "Man, those Texas ball players are high-class, physical Berserkers that will get after your butt and then shake your hand or hug your neck after the game!"

Best wishes to all the young men still in the play-offs. Stay healthy and safe, and play with character and class. Be as great as you can be. Greatness begins with "u".

lion75
11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Where can I read this?

zebrablue2
11-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Excellent signature gobbler84!

The only team I've seen exemplify this great sentiment is the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns. They show loads of class and pay tribute to their opponent when defeated.

I hate losing; but Texas high school football is about more than just winning in a Machiavellian fashion. I'd love for people around the country to eventually say, "Man, those Texas ball players are high-class, physical Berserkers that will get after your butt and then shake your hand or hug your neck after the game!"

Best wishes to all the young men still in the play-offs. Stay healthy and safe, and play with character and class. Be as great as you can be. Greatness begins with "u".

GREAT signature. Thanks, and well put.

88bobcats
11-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lion75
Where can I read this?

Check out one of gobbler84's posts such as

gobbler84 post (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=950762#post950762)

Happy Thanksgiving!

44INAROW
11-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I am glad you'll like Gobbler84's signature.. It's been the Gobbler Motto for 3 years now......... If anyone has been around after our games, you might have heard the players chanting this after the team prayer........

GO MEAN GREEN :)

snakebite
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Another great team that shows this is Smithville. When I have gone to see them play the boys, cheerleaders, coaches, and everyone else on the field walks over to the opponents side and pays respect when the other team is playing their school song and then they go to their side and do their thing. The people down there are real nice too!