PDA

View Full Version : Venus- in the playoffs!!!!!!!!

v-town
10-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Well its about time. Looks like they have finally made it to week 11. The first time since 1989 and only the third time in school history.

bleedgreen
10-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Congratulations! I'm excited for you. I know all about long dry spells since I've been supporting Kennedale since 1971. Your school, coaches and players are to be commended for a very successful year. I believe you will do well against District 7 Decatur who will probably be the DII winner. At this time in District 7, it's hard to predict what will happen, but I believe Decatur will be your opponent. I hope you represent District 8 well and advance far. Good luck.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

laserbeam
10-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Venus in the playoffs - and Caldwell not? Does anyone have an Alka Seltzer?

Kennedale Wildcats
10-28-2003, 09:21 AM
I really believe that you guys can beat Decatur. Good luck and congratulations.

Matthew328
10-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Congrats to Venus for making the postseason...but beating Decatur...someone may wanna tap the brake just a bit there..

Jaramillo54
10-28-2003, 10:33 AM
I agree with Matthew328, don't get ahead of yourself on that one.

archaic
10-28-2003, 10:57 AM
Venus has not secured a play off spot yet (barring divine intervention they probably have), however give Glen Rose some respect they could still pull it out with some help.

Jaramillo54
10-28-2003, 11:05 AM
I highly doubt that Glen Rose could win any of their next two games. They don't have a chance against Kennedale, and Everman will run all over them too.

Chief Woodman
10-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Congratulations from Decatur. I know you guys must be very excited.

Catfan
10-28-2003, 05:42 PM
i also, congrats to the venus program, being a kennedale supporter for 20 years myself, it is a good feeling. I believe it is a high possibility that this year could be a Texas first as both Div I and II state champs could come from the same district. I wish you great suscess in the playoffs, Don't worry, Glen Rose should not be a factor.

MASH4077
10-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Yea right, saying Venus can beat Decatur is like saying Ballinger could have beaten Kennedale last year!................oops!

Gobbla2001
10-28-2003, 11:19 PM
I thought Venus was in the Milky-Way with us?

Hmmmmm...

When did they discover the galaxy of Playoffs?

KTownBalla
10-29-2003, 12:27 AM
Hey...what happened last year....was last year...this is this year...we'll be ok...just hope we don't play ya'll come playoff time

Jacket2000
10-29-2003, 01:36 AM
Catfan
[QB]i I believe it is a high possibility that this year could be a Texas first as both Div I and II state champs could come from the same district. [QB]This has actually happened twice.
J2K

Matthew328
10-29-2003, 10:25 AM
I thought it happened at least once with Judson and Roosevelt

Chief Woodman
10-29-2003, 10:35 AM
KTownBalla:
Hey...what happened last year....was last year...this is this year...we'll be ok...just hope we don't play ya'll come playoff timeAre you meaning that Decatur should hope they do not have to play Kennedale....or Kennedale is hoping they do not have to play Decatur? If it is the last I am not sure I agree. Kennedale should not be afraid of anyone. But then again, there are several teams that have no reason to fear Kennedale. Respect yes, fear no.

If it is the former, the statement is a little arrogant. The same arrogance that has helped them get eliminated the past two years. Read somewhere that pride goeth before the fall.....

Kennedale Wildcats
10-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Chief Woodman:

KTownBalla:
Hey...what happened last year....was last year...this is this year...we'll be ok...just hope we don't play ya'll come playoff timeAre you meaning that Decatur should hope they do not have to play Kennedale....or Kennedale is hoping they do not have to play Decatur? If it is the last I am not sure I agree. Kennedale should not be afraid of anyone. But then again, there are several teams that have no reason to fear Kennedale. Respect yes, fear no.

If it is the former, the statement is a little arrogant. The same arrogance that has helped them get eliminated the past two years. Read somewhere that pride goeth before the fall.....Woodman were you at the playoff games that Kennedale lost? No.. then shut your cake hole.

Chief Woodman
11-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Kennedale Wildcats:

Chief Woodman:

KTownBalla:

If it is the former, the statement is a little arrogant. The same arrogance that has helped them get eliminated the past two years. Read somewhere that pride goeth before the fall.....Woodman were you at the playoff games that Kennedale lost? No.. then shut your cake hole.Did I just read that Glen Rose beat Kennedale? So pride DOES go before the fall...and my cake was good...how is your crow? Good news for you is that maybe you have your melt down out of the way, and may be a better playoff team for it.

Chief Woodman
11-01-2003, 10:34 AM
TTT

Matthew328
11-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Man Glen Rose pulled one upset...if they can beat Everman Friday...then we could see Kennedale-Deactur in rd 1

Chief Woodman
11-01-2003, 11:47 AM
I do not see Glen Rose beating Everman...but on any given Friday..... And if it does happen, wouldn't Kennedale VS Decatur be intresting in week 11? Bet Kennedale isn't exacly hoping for that because it would mean they are not the district champs, not because they would be afraid of Decatur.

v-town
11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Glen Rose will NOT beat Everman, and Venus will take care of Godley come Friday night. That puts Kennedale and Everman Co-district champs and Venus in the third spot. Glen Rose lace up the sneakers, tie up the shorts, and air up the basketballs. And Everman take care of business, and shut up the biggest trash talking team in the district.
It looks like Venus vs. Decatur rd. one. We saw how the spread worked out for glen Rose against Venus.

cheer4grhs05
11-03-2003, 02:39 PM
All I have to say is Venus, you ARE NOT in the playoffs just yet! Don't get ahead of yourself. GR is goin to come out friday and show Everman just what we're made of! So Venus, get ready for once again another non-playoff season bc the tigers are goin to take the district champ spot! Sorry! GO TIGERS!!!

AggieJohn
11-03-2003, 03:34 PM
good for them

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-03-2003, 04:47 PM
My daughter goes to Venus (Whitney Watts 8th Grade) so I hope the Bulldogs make it.

v-town
11-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Cheer do you actually think Glen Rose can beat Everman. I mean get real. My hats off to you for beating Kennedale, but Everman too back to back. Let's face it Glen Rose is going to lose and Venus will take care of Godley. That leaves the tie breaker, head to head. Remember this date? Friday October 3rd, you should it was glen roses homecoming and I believe the score was Venus 28- Glen Rose 7. So I say it again lace up the sneakers it's basketball season.

grtigerchick
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
OK, if Glen Rose beat the number 1 team in our district, then what's to stop us from beating the number 2? Venus may have played well against us in that game, but our game was way off. All that happened is that we underestimated yall. If we were to play yall again, you wouln't be so cocky right now. Granted, no such game will occur, and we did lose. However, we are ready for the game on Friday, and Everman had better get ready.

cheer4grhs05
11-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Ok V-town, yes I know yall beeat us and I know we deserved it. We got too cocky and yall showed us what yall are made of. Yeah that all happened, but you know what, thats the past this is now and we're ready. We know not to get cocky like we did. We showed a lesson learned last friday and played the best game ever. We'll do the same this week. I know Everman is an awesome team, and it will be a tough game, but I believe in the tigers and I know they won't let us down friday!!!

Jaramillo54
11-03-2003, 11:43 PM
All I have to say is don't hold your breath on that one. GR did get lucky and that was it.

cheer4grhs05
11-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey Castleberry, how are yall doing this yr? Yall think it's luck, but you know what?! Even Kennadle THEMSELVES said it wasnt! They THEMSELVES said that we deserved the win and that they were not prepared for us. I guess it was luck then huh?

Jaramillo54
11-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Yes they did say that and yall did deserve the win all im saying It will not happen again this friday.

cheer4grhs05
11-04-2003, 05:06 PM
I guess we'll all have to just kick back and watch huh???? Go get 'em boys!!!

CRHSeagle
11-04-2003, 07:48 PM
I highly doubt Kennedale played their best against GR. Dont get me wrong, both are great teams, but Glen Rose's defense is no match for the running attack Everman is gonna pull on them. Last year was a blow out, and so will this years.

grtigerchick
11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
I think that Glen Rose has the capability to play very well against Everman. Yes, last year was a blowout, but those were different teams. Both towns have new additions and losses. Ultimatly, it will come down to who puts the most heart into this game. The rest will follow if the desire is strong enough.

OLiNeMaN
11-04-2003, 11:23 PM
cheer4grhs05
Scrub
Member # 3847

Rate Member posted November 03, 2003 01:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I have to say is Venus, you ARE NOT in the playoffs just yet! Don't get ahead of yourself. GR is goin to come out friday and show Everman just what we're made of! So Venus, get ready for once again another non-playoff season bc the tigers are goin to take the district champ spot! Sorry! GO TIGERS!!!

Does somebody wanna talk about Cocky? Yeah You guys beat Kennedale. Woopie. All that you proved is they were big headed. I think someone or some team took Kennedale's big headedness. *COUGH COUGH* Glen Rose. If you guys happen to win district congratulations, I dont know the probability of that, but good luck. Just remember you no longer have the element of surprise on them.

cheer4grhs05
11-05-2003, 07:59 PM
thats true, we won't suprise them, they know just what to expect, but if our guys played like they did last week, i can promise you that it won't be a shut out and I think we can hang in there

Chief Woodman
11-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Kennedale Wildcats:
I really believe that you guys can beat Decatur. Good luck and congratulations.Sort of underestimated Decatur eh? True they did well against the spread when they played Glen Rose, but Glen Rose is not as good at the spread as Decatur. Venus had their good back in our game, and he was fun to see. Maybe Decatur is better than you think......then again, maybe the Eagles just got lucky.

v-town
11-16-2003, 10:27 AM
Well cheif ya'll put it to us. Decatur's O-line dominated the game giving the QB all day to throw and ya'll beat us. Congatulations and good luck next week. By the way do you have the stats for our running backs and QB?

Chief Woodman
11-16-2003, 03:07 PM
v-town:
Well cheif ya'll put it to us. Decatur's O-line dominated the game giving the QB all day to throw and ya'll beat us. Congatulations and good luck next week. By the way do you have the stats for our running backs and QB?I can get the stats for you...do you want how your guys did against us? Thanks for the O line compliment....my son is the starting right tackle. His man he was assigned to block got 1 tackle all night long. Same as the last 4 or 5 games.

BrainDamage
11-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Well I think it was great that Venus got to go. (Even though they lost) I really wanted them to make it to the 2nd round at least, but they hard and have something to shoot for next year.

Good luck next year Venus.

BrainDamage
11-16-2003, 04:02 PM
No not underestimating... It was known that venus didn't have much of a chance but they had nothing to lose. We're just rooting for other teams ion our district. There is people in Kennedale that hope everman wins state again. Just rooting for neighbors and wishing them well in the playoffs. It wasn't an insult...

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: BrainDamage ]</small>

Chief Woodman
11-16-2003, 07:10 PM
BrainDamage:
No not underestimating... It was known that venus didn't have much of a chance but they had nothing to lose. We're just rooting for other teams ion our district. There is people in Kennedale that hope everman wins state again. Just rooting for neighbors and wishing them well in the playoffs. It wasn't an insult...I have tremendous respect for that thought. We should all root for the other teams in our District, then area, then region, etc. Since Lake Dalls is out, I am now rooting for EVERMAN&gt;