PDA

View Full Version : Hey Vernon Lion Fans

nobogey72
11-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Vernon's Bernard Scott, now a jr. RB at ACU is a finalist for the Harlon Hill Award which is the Heisman Trophy for NCAA II players. Good article in todays ARN. I'm not smart enough to put the link on here but go to abilenereporternews.com and you can get it if interested.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2007, 08:08 AM
What a great player he is. Thanks for letting us know about the article.

Sweetwater Red
11-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Here you go....:D

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2007/nov/20/acus-scott-is-harlon-hill-finalist/

Dominicfrank
11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Bernard is a player that I would rather not have associated with Vernon. He might have turned thigns around but he made several bad decision while at Vernon and was kicked off the team before his senior year. He more than likely cost this town a state title adn as a homer I have a hard time forgiveing him for that because Vernon is in a bad economic state and that would ahve really helped. He tried to get on at Wichta Falls Old High but UIL ruled and said no. I went to to the MSU/ACU game (I am a MSU grad) two weeks ago and saw him play but was there to root on my Indians( yes I still refer to them as Indians). He was so/so, nothing too impressive in getting his 100+ yards but I do know he has had an amazing year. He was the JR College player of the year as well. His troubles didnt leave him after spending a year off his senior year of high school, he has trouble every place he has gone and until he shows me he has turned his life around I will not accept the "from Vernon" tag. I hope that doesnt come off as too harsh but what he did to get kicked off the team was pretty bad and should not be taken lightly. I am hoping that Aston Whiteside gets playing time next year at ACU.

garciap77
11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Show him play vs Angelo State. Boy is he good!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I was also at the ACU/MSU game and I thought he played very well. He ran hard and broke numerous tacckles. He had some great runs after the "catch" out of the backfield.

We all make mistakes and he has more than paid for it (sitting out his senior year). I wish him the best and I'm glad he is a Vernon product.

DaHop72
11-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I was also at the ACU/MSU game and I thought he played very well. He ran hard and broke numerous tacckles. He had some great runs after the "catch" out of the backfield.

We all make mistakes and he has more than paid for it (sitting out his senior year). I wish him the best and I'm glad he is a Vernon product. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nobogey72
11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

We all make mistakes and he has more than paid for it (sitting out his senior year). I wish him the best and I'm glad he is a Vernon product.

Z motion--

I appreciate your take on Bernard. Ol Dominicfrank or whatever his name is sounds like a hard---. The kid has overcome a lot to be where he is now. He has the total respect from his teammates and coaches. Now, maybe with $100 oil, Vernon can recover from the economic hardship that Bernard caused.

lion75
11-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I saw him put on a clinic in a Vernon playoff victory over Aledo one night. I don't recall an enormous amount of yards but several "wow" moments.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Z motion--

I appreciate your take on Bernard. Ol Dominicfrank or whatever his name is sounds like a hard---. The kid has overcome a lot to be where he is now. He has the total respect from his teammates and coaches. Now, maybe with $100 oil, Vernon can recover from the economic hardship that Bernard caused.

Yes, I served four years on the Vernon City Council and man the downturn to the city economy was amazing. Scott screwed our city economics big time. Scott left and water rates went up, garbage rates through the roof, real estate prices dumped, city workers on welfare and grandparents couldn't even afford to buy a ticket to see a Lions home game. Then the players seeing that no one was watching them at the games just gave up with all the lack of support and we didn't win district for 10 years! Dang that Bernard Scott!

Maybe I should hold a grudge, after all I lost my house and cars to repossession and my kids had to be taken away to the children’s home.

;)

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Show him play vs Angelo State. Boy is he good!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Most people look good when they play us.

VERNONLION#1
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Bernard is a player that I would rather not have associated with Vernon. He might have turned thigns around but he made several bad decision while at Vernon and was kicked off the team before his senior year. He more than likely cost this town a state title adn as a homer I have a hard time forgiveing him for that because Vernon is in a bad economic state and that would ahve really helped. He tried to get on at Wichta Falls Old High but UIL ruled and said no. I went to to the MSU/ACU game (I am a MSU grad) two weeks ago and saw him play but was there to root on my Indians( yes I still refer to them as Indians). He was so/so, nothing too impressive in getting his 100+ yards but I do know he has had an amazing year. He was the JR College player of the year as well. His troubles didnt leave him after spending a year off his senior year of high school, he has trouble every place he has gone and until he shows me he has turned his life around I will not accept the "from Vernon" tag. I hope that doesnt come off as too harsh but what he did to get kicked off the team was pretty bad and should not be taken lightly. I am hoping that Aston Whiteside gets playing time next year at ACU.
Maybe you should not use the "Vernon" tag when making comments on this board. For someone to claim that they know Vernon football makes me laugh and others will probably agree. :p